Suggestion: Idea for new item: Jetpack with short bursts. Fun for PVP and good for mining?

HardViking

Mature
Society
Prospectus Nexus
Tyr HardViking Nifelheim
Hi,

Had this really fun idea, when I did a little jump and run in game, kitted out with my mix of green hunter and mahketta armor and tool in hand: And thought hmm, this reminds me of a character from a well known sci-fi movie franchise. See video below.

And decided to share it before I thought it through properly? :rolleyes:

This is a Sci-Fi game. Right? :cool:
What about having a jetpack in game that could only do like 2(?) second bursts, before overheating and needing a cool down period of say 15 seconds?

This would of be equipped on the back of the AVA. Possible to wear with armor on and activated like any item in game(tool, weapons, etc). Possibly only able to equip instead of something in hand like tool and weapons, to make programming easier. (A handle is visible connected to a backpack?) Then cool down timer is already in place.

Some positive things it would add to the game would be: :wise:

1. "Athmosphere": What do we have in Sci-Fi movies? Jetpacks ofc. :yay:
  2. PVP fun: I dont do much pvp, but it would not add much of an advantage? And would for sure add a lot of fun?
  3. Mining convenience: Miners beeing harassed by mobs and who need to get up above that steep hill they cant climb?
  4. Crafting? Optional, but as a crafter I would love to get my hands on a limited(?) BP to make jetpacks! :)

Here is some inspirational video of a known jetpack wearer.
Plz post better videos of some "jetpack" take off and landings too. THIS was the best one I could find fast. :ahh:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWRmxtrkUV4

AND the jetpack would ofc consume a lot of oil for every burst.

Looking forward to seeing some fun comments, some improvements to the idea and a heated discussion below. :silly2:

Regards "HardViking".

(Btw: If this is in the wrong section of the forum and is better suited at General discussion. Mods plz move it.)

I like it. Many a mountain takes forever to climb, if you bother atall.

It would open up a fair few places to miners.

The now-defunct game Firefall had similar functions. One was a boosted jump that could get you up about 30 meters or so, and the other was a glider pack that allowed for short distance travel from a high point( saved a death upon impact, also). I liked that, and it could be a new avenue for crafting also.

It's been suggested every few months since the beginning of times :). There is a bunch of positive polls on the forum, even Ludvig|MindArk made one when he was a mere mortal. Now it's out of his interests, of course...

if we really get jetpacks then we also need some pushback weapons!!! :naughty:

Not sure if anyone played the old FPS game Tribes. It had a jetpack that operated much the way OP describes. Was a lot of fun to play with in the game.

Not sure if anyone played the old FPS game Tribes. It had a jetpack that operated much the way OP describes. Was a lot of fun to play with in the game.

That was the only online shooter I really ever enjoyed because jumping and gliding around allowed me to stay alive longer than the usual 5 seconds and even to score a kill occasionally :). Such a device could give a second wind to EU's pvp too.

Back