Whining about loot

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
What the fuck is wrong here? :confused:

I dont easily complain about loot, but this is just plain bullshit.
now, I dont mind losing, since hunting just costs ped. I know all that.

But I'm about to make an achievement here in total lack of multipliers.

Already at 11000/15000 into the plongu mission without a SINGLE global.
In between I've done several daily 3 token missions (spiders, caperons, troxes, feffs etc), all without a SINGLE global.

It's been 25 days already since my last swirlies!!! :eyecrazy:

Killed well over 2k mobs (with average 1k hp's), cycled well over 10k ped and the highest single multiplier is 12x (a 40-ish ped plongu). ONE FUCKING 12x multi!!!!

I know I'm not a big grinder compared to many others, but this is just outright ridiculous.
25 days of straight losses.

I took me 13 years to get a 3k hof, and it took me less than 1 month to lose it all.

How come all of a sudden it became totally impossible to get even a 50 ped global???

Well, I can give this guarantee, if I reach the 15k plongu without at least 1 considerable global, all my stuff goes on auction.
It will be my last achievement because this is just total bullshit.

This gambler needs his dopamine shot now because the Entropia effect is rapidly fading away this way.

Sorry but I really had to vent this out.

*rant out*

I dont easily complain about loot, but this is just plain bullshit.
now, I dont mind losing, since hunting just costs ped. I know all that.

But I'm about to make an achievement here in total lack of multipliers.

Already at 11000/15000 into the plongu mission without a SINGLE global.
In between I've done several daily 3 token missions (spiders, caperons, troxes, feffs etc), all without a SINGLE global.

It's been 25 days already since my last swirlies!!! :eyecrazy:

Killed well over 2k mobs (with average 1k hp's), cycled well over 10k ped and the highest single multiplier is 12x (a 40-ish ped plongu). ONE FUCKING 12x multi!!!!

I know I'm not a big grinder compared to many others, but this is just outright ridiculous.
25 days of straight losses.

I took me 13 years to get a 3k hof, and it took me less than 1 month to lose it all.

How come all of a sudden it became totally impossible to get even a 50 ped global???

Well, I can give this guarantee, if I reach the 15k plongu without at least 1 considerable global, all my stuff goes on auction.
It will be my last achievement because this is just total bullshit.

This gambler needs his dopamine shot now because the Entropia effect is rapidly fading away this way.

*rant out*

I am starting to wonder that with all the eco that is out there and the volatility being balanced out that this is what it comes to now , chasing multipliers, global , HoFs etc aren’t what it is about anymore , the only thing that you can base losses off are the constant 90%ers that MA slowly chip away at .

Sadly this is kinda what a lot of players asked for and now regret , less volatility will mean less golden showers etc

I have resorted to being a spectator of twitch grinders and tbh even with the swirls for the Uber hunters it pretty much is the same outcome regardless

Good luck on your future endeavours

I am starting to wonder that with all the eco that is out there and the volatility being balanced out that this is what it comes to now , chasing multipliers, global , HoFs etc aren’t what it is about anymore , the only thing that you can base losses off are the constant 90%ers that MA slowly chip away at .

Sadly this is kinda what a lot of players asked for and now regret , less volatility will mean less golden showers etc

I have resorted to being a spectator of twitch grinders and tbh even with the swirls for the Uber hunters it pretty much is the same outcome regardless

yes, less volatile.
It's just plain suck now. Just 25~50% looters with an occasional 2 or 3 multi.
No upward spikes to compensate at least a little bit.
And that for 25 days on end.

Indeed. not volatile at all, just a steady suck.

Yes, I've been doing the same lately. Just watch streams to see some globals.
Or shoot some in the feff wave spawn to at least see some shared swirlies.

I have to admit, I have very little experience in HOF backlashes for the simple fact that lootius always ignored me, so without hofs, no hof backlashes.

But this really turned my biggest hof (3k) very sour very quickly. Like a glass of milk on a hot sunny day!

*rant out*

I think we are seeing something the real world isn't - "global cooling".

I've long been experimenting with smaller mobs in order to keep turnovers lower, but the kill count higher. For a while I calculated an approximate x100 multiplier every 1k mobs or so. While that may still work on <10 pec mobs, it really doesn't seem to on other stuff.
I'm encouraged neither by % nor quality at the moment - sigh! Are people with high looter skills happily staying quiet on %, and people with super eco (or rings or whatever) keeping quiet about quality?

Seems to be a common trend. I personally took a hit in my returns with Loot 2.0, and when I thought I was adapting to the new loot they introduced the looter professions and now I simply can't afford to hunt like I used to.

Activity seems to be at an all time low, let's hope they do a revision of this mess.

That said, just chill and adapt. Give the game a rest if you feel like it but something tells me if you sellout in a rush you'll regret it.

Entropia is Dynamic...

yeah I saw it, you bastard!
I was just 100mtr away from you. ;)

wong prace wong time!

are you roots are berong to us!

Do you have spreadsheet to track your returns over time? If not, then how do you know how if you are being treated fairly? If the 3k put you over the % return you are supposed to get, the system will slowly take it back, then it will go back to normal.

Nearly done 30k points part of iron mission, and I only have 14 global's on them, and all small ones, they don't pay out to well I'm afraid.

Just hope for some small multi's through it all.

Nearly done 30k points part of iron mission, and I only have 14 global's on them, and all small ones, they don't pay out to well I'm afraid.

Just hope for some small multi's through it all.

Well, 14 globals per 30k is a hell of a lot better then 0 out of 11k.
Add to that the spiders, caperons, troxes, feffs etc for a total global count of....zero globals. :mad:

I've been preaching this almost literally lol.

I dont get much globals as well, but I get around 95 percent tt back so I dont care

Ask and ye shall receive.

GL though wizz even though I'm NEVER a grinder, steady on course has surprised quite a few people here. You could also browse a few similar threads, and see how often they end in a nice HoF :laugh:

Maybe you should turn on your webcam?

Globals are becoming smaller and smaller. Otherwise I had 5-7 per month. now 1 every 2 months. 1 may, 1 july, 1 august ^^.

Over a long period of time, the return is ok even without global.

Globals don't really mean anything now. Unfortunately, as much of a pain in the ass it is, you've gotta track now, to have any idea where you stand.

Globals don't really mean anything now. Unfortunately, as much of a pain in the ass it is, you've gotta track now, to have any idea where you stand.

It's always been like that. Globals have always been just a shiny object to give a little distraction from the monotony of the game.

I find the bigger the thing I hunt the more I get reamed on return. I assume it's because my bankroll just isn't high enough to allow returns to level out...

But when I stick to mid to lower lvl (under lvl 25 mob) I can usually get about 90% - 98% even on small 120 - 250 ped runs. (Still running a loss though)

As for globals... In 12 years I've never really had any super uber hunting loots. My best is 1.7k (despite occasional large runs on some 30 ped mobs) so I can't really speak to any massive change in mega loots. I couldn't hit anything big back then and I still can't lol

I sort of prefer things now though. Because before sure I might get 2 or 3 globals in a run but I'd still lose. Now if I global I'm usually walking away up a few ped. Those that have hit 10,000 pedders may find the new loot boring and frustrating that it's no longer just a matter of grinding big mobs till you uber mega hof. But for those of us than can't seem to break the 2k barrier it's at least less frustrating now that there aren't so many returns in the 35% range and our meager bankrolls go further in terms of hours of gameplay lol

I feel your pain though. It seems we were in similar situations both unable to break that 1.7k barrier for years.

Best advice is....

1. Change it up. Forget grinding for the sake of completing a "mission". Trust your gut feeling about what else might be hitting.

2. Reassess your bank roll and mob choice. Did you hit that 3k then dive right into Primordial Longu? If memory serves those things are expensive. I wouldn't think 3k is enough of a bankroll to support an extended run on them.

3. Take a break. Seems there is something to be said for taking a break for a couple weeks/months and coming back. Many find they get better loot right after an extended break.

Last edited:
Hi Wizz;

It's always been like that with 4 digit hofs, no matter what loot system MA has in place over the years.

It's best to view it as short term loan, or free skilling period. The system will set you on claw back, until you've cycled those peds out. I know what you're feeling though; it took years to get one, yet a short time to hand it back.

On the bright side, those that chase the 5 digit hofs are probably running deeper into the red before one pops.

The next question of course is always; ok I can live with losing it fast, but when is the next hof coming? Smiles...well that sir, is based on the generosity of the balancing/watcher manager, and their loot dial.

Good luck out there.

Rick.

A big hof was almost always followed by a cooldown/clawback.

However those appear to feel even more nasty under 2.0 where you pretty much always running on a (small) tt loss by default.

Where 90-95ish % runs are the norm under 2.0, after a big hit they can go 80-90%ish for a long time and constantly.

At least that's my experience. Under 1.0 it was not quite as frustrating. You could still global and even hof or have a profitable run here n there.

Now you almost wonder why even keep using this avatar after a big hit?

It's Plongu. Plongu is what I call "A Gamble Mob". Gamble mobs are for those who like to play it rough. Most people don't. You are obviously included in this "most people", so what's the conclusion?
Forget your iron, get off this mob.

I'm not saying this is all that's happening here, but it's definitely part of the problem.

tracker says you mostly hunt crap mobs for several months, did you really expect anything else?

maybe try something new ;)

It's Plongu. Plongu is what I call "A Gamble Mob". Gamble mobs are for those who like to play it rough. Most people don't. You are obviously included in this "most people", so what's the conclusion?
Forget your iron, get off this mob.

I'm not saying this is all that's happening here, but it's definitely part of the problem.

We are talking primordial longu? Or am I off track. Not sure what you mean by gamble mob, but even by old loot 1.0 definition, primordial longu was a very stable and predictable hunt. It's not bad at all. Low cost, stable return, decent MU. The problem isn't the mob at all, but I think wizz is doing better than he thinks. You can't judge how you do just based on your number of globals. Especially on a low cost mob like primordial longus.

Reactions: das

before "reduced" volatility it often was 90% and quite many small globals.
Now with "reduced" volatility it is often 80-85% return with rarely any globals but when they happen they're rather big. (hunting, mining and crafting)

"reduced" volatility was supposed to make us less dependant on globals? but we're more dependant on them than before, that went in the wrong direction....

Edit: and then stuff like this:
2 weeks 1-3 globals, then a day with 14 (!) globals and then dry phase again...

Last edited:
Not my own personal experience as i dont paticularly care how i get my returns as long as im getting around the expected % longterm but for the average casual player their ped does on average last longer with the changes, despite how it may feel sometimes but the quality of that extra playtime with such low volatility loot is pretty mediocre imo

. If you play and cycle enough things do work out, you get to your expected % (roughly) hofs and globals/rare loot items do come but for low level players or casuals it can take months of monotinous low volatility grinding/losing or more before anything interesting happens (longterm theyre losing so theres no longterm profit to work towards giving logic to the boring grind) i think they could tweak the volatility a little bit in the other direction and have it be a happier medium.

Again personally i dont mind either way and as losing players i suspect no matter how theyre handed their <100% returns it wont be as satisfying as they think (remember when people complained about old loot volatility) but switching the dial around a little bit here and there could keep things interesting.

Sadly true. All the excitement has been taken out of hunting and it's killing what's left of this game.

I understand that some people are happy running small tt losses and then try to recoup from MU.

But that's not everyone's game.

Also, players have been complaining that the game is too expensive to play, not about volatility per se. MA's approach to addressing this was to lower volatility.

If this was a game of football then 1.0 meant winning 3-0 one week and losing 4-0 the week after. Now it's all 1-0 losses week in week out with the occasional draw.

Before we had short term wins & losses and it evened out in the long term. No we have small losses all the time. I barely manage to do 1k or 2k kills over a few days before simply being too bored to crack on.

Doing more and more Shared waves & events nowadays. At least it breaks up the bore.

I understand that some people are happy running small tt losses and then try to recoup from MU.

But that's not everyone's game.

I wish i could swap with you...
i get your small tt losses and you get my returns ranging from 50-450% return in the runs....

tracker says you mostly hunt crap mobs for several months, did you really expect anything else?

maybe try something new ;)

That's the point.
If I never global, how the fuck does my tracker say anything?

It's not that I ask for much.
It's just that on over 2k looted mobs my highest multiplier was a 12x.

Sure, I can step down again, doing the 1 and 2 dailies. But the first merp I shoot will probably give me a 100x multi.
So I don't want the step down at this moment. Statistically a big multy should come.

My bankroll is not the issue. I've got a magical mary poppins storage box with 13 years of collected junk to sell, so that will last a long time.

I'm not asking to profit, I just don't think that it shouldnt be impossible to get anything above a 10x multy.

Reactions: das
Back