Entropia Universe 15.18.0 Release Notes

I don't see why anyone would mind this. Just to be clear, are we talking about buying something from someone, drops it, logs out and picks it up with another ava and sells it for higher? Of course this is deception but let's think about this:

Why should I actually mind this? It doesn't affect me. I agree that it's deception as I mentioned, but firstly this means someone is spending hours to make probably 0.04 USD, secondly I, as a player, still must agree to all avatar trades on the two confirmation boxes during a trade. I'm 100% safe. If I don't like somebody's price, and I think they're just going to sell it back at a higher price, then I don't click Accept (I actually personally do not even haggle, I either take someone's price as-is, or not, and I do the same when I sell something, too). So the fact that someone is using 2 ava's to get a .01% profit doesn't actually affect me. I would imagine it doesn't effect MA either because any of their "earnings" would be from other players. (If this is not what is meant by laundering then please correct me.)

I would imagine that it would still be possible to do the exact same thing (trade items to a different ava) by having a friend log in to the other ava... so the problem is not solved anyway. (What's next, remove ava trades completely because some people are meanies?)

Also aren't there people who have multiple family members but share a computer? Those people might have actually dropped items on the ground to trade as well.

Maybe my most important point, I'll also add that after you've played for a little bit, you can generally identify "re-sellers" pretty easily based on their trade messages and their prices. After I took a long break, I got "scammed" out of all my animal skins/leathers. Somebody kept persisting and convinced me they weren't worth more than 101% total and convinced me to sell them all to him for that price. I finally agreed. UNDOUBTEDLY he re-sold them to someone else for a profit (possibly on a different ava). Did that feel bad for me? Sure. But it was my fault. I agreed to the trade even when I felt it wasn't a good deal. It was a good lesson learned and it never happened again, and I quickly learned to spot re-sellers. This was my only "bad" experience with re-sellers and I've had countless "good" experiences with finding and hiding items.

When MA is investigating serious charges of money-laundering, which is crime, and the fencing of scammed items, which is violation of TOU at least, they can follow the registered transactions via P2P trades, Auctions and Shop sales, but a Drop-trade breaks the trail of evidence.

I have dropped items back and forth with my wife's avatar due to the one-pc problem, but I can live without that option if makes the platform more secure for all of us.

I've been playing for 11+ years, and my very first P2P trade got me scammed out of my first 1k of hard-earned sweat - you don't need to tell me to be cautious. But plenty of good, trusting people get scammed by assholes every day, and that is not good for the game. Removing unregistered transactions is one more way to make it harder to scam, but I think the bigger issue involves activities on a scale that most everyday players cannot imagine, which is why they changed it, despite the obvious negative feedback it would generate. MA has a history of willingness to do things most of don't like because they are important for the long term good of the game.

Adapt or perish, no?

Peace, Miles

P.S. This is an opinion, of course - I could be all wrong. :D

Last edited:
When MA is investigating serious charges of money-laundering, which is crime, and the fencing of scammed items, which is violation of TOU at least, they can follow the registered transactions via P2P trades, Auctions and Shop sales, but a Drop-trade breaks the trail of evidence.

I have dropped items back and forth with my wife's avatar due to the one-pc problem, but I can live without that option if makes the platform more secure for all of us.

I've been playing for 11+ years, and my very first P2P trade got me scammed out of my first 1k of hard-earned sweat - you don't need to tell me to be cautious. But plenty of good, trusting people get scammed by assholes every day, and that is not good for the game. Removing unregistered transactions is one more way to make it harder to scam, but I think the bigger issue involves activities on a scale that most everyday players cannot imagine, which is why they changed it, despite the obvious negative feedback it would generate. MA has a history of willingness to do things most of don't like because they are important for the long term good of the game.

Adapt or perish, no?

Peace, Miles

P.S. This is an opinion, of course - I could be all wrong. :D

I still have a hard time believing it's possible to be "scammed" per se. Like I said a few posts back I did describe a situation where I got "suckered" into a bad deal but it didn't make me hate the game, it just made me remember that person's name so that I never deal with him again, and it made me learn to be more cautious and watch out for resellers. Furthermore he gave me exactly the price that he offered me, which I clicked Agree on both confirmation boxes.

Basically I don't consider somebody offering to buy Sweat at 0.5ped/1k (so they can, no doubt, try to re-sell it) as a "scam". The word scam implies some kind of promise (implied or otherwise) which is deliberately broken. If the guy is offering 0.5/1k, and if he delivers that deal, then it isn't a scam, it's just a reallllllly bad deal.

But if we are talking about money laundering on a huge scale like hundreds of dollars (and someone is using Entropia as a meduim or something? even with the 3% depo/withdraw tax???), then why not just track it? Someone mentioned earlier in this thread that even dropped items are still tracked. That is true, at least the last time I checked. I remember seeing some of my items, which I had dropped in the world somewhere -- when I checked my Item List on my account page on the main entropia site, it said like, "In world" for their location. This means that that dropped item is still somehow tagged with ownership, so I'm not sure why they couldn't track those just as easily as ava trades? But as mentioned before the same thing could still be done with two people logged on... so... :dunno:

(Also, as far as Adapt or Perish, I'm leaning on "Perish" ... but maybe it's for the better. I've already spent many years of my life on this game, I've played since it was called PE, on and off. Maybe it's time to stop.)

Last edited:
Several years ago they put a minimum TT value on dropped items, for performance reasons. This is a different issue. The ability to drop items facilitates money-laundering and the fencing of scammed items via unregistered transactions.

I still don't buy that 'unregistered transactions' thing. In the perhaps loudest dropped item story of the last five years, it was said that "support confirmed that someone picked it up" and that two hours passed between dropping the gun and picking it up, and so on. Of course support didn't tell who picked it up but allegedly they knew.

Thats a very lame coment.
I am one of the "idiots" giving free stuff to other players, thanks for insulting me!

GoNi I am one of those "idiots" as well. And have been Insulted for it to my face several times.

I know there are language barriers at this forum sometimes, please understand there is a tremendous amount of sarcasm intended in that post. These people ruin the game for all of us.

You, of all peops know the size of this monumental implimentation.

The biggest problem here is that you (not alone but it's you speaking out right now) are expecting mindark to act like a government in this virtual universe. They are expecting to be God.

God doesn't interfere in the squabbles of petty creatures. God is certainly not staffing a complaints department. God is not asking fish what temperature they want the water to be, or asking humans how they feel about disease or crime.

We don't get the options in a heavily constrained virtual universe that we get in the real world. This analogy doesn't really play out, from our end. But it plays out from their end. And just like yelling at God after a mugger takes your wallet, we'll never know whether they're feeling bad for you, or laughing quietly and lining up the next poor sap.

It seems like they literally are daring players to do something about this because it would be tremendously controversial and probably not too harmful for them if someone were truly to get an attorney and go after NVE (or any scammer, etc...) through real world legal channels for the number of times they have "Stolen" from any player. And perhaps enough people to get together a "class action" depending on your local laws. Mindark officially suggests you contact your local law enforcement in case of theft. :eyecrazy:

This would 100% legitimize their stance that 'the platform is neutral'. God doesn't care.

Good luck, anybody, getting your local police or even an attorney to pursue such a case. If I ever hit such a threshold of course it would be MindArk I would go after first. I don't honestly know how well they would be protected there from my law enforcement but I hope they would respond to legitimate requests for identifying information.

I suspect it would take attorneys and possibly court dates in at least three countries, before someone even managed to level charges against an individual for the theft or scam they got taken in.

We'll never know because IRL I don't have enough money to convince my local law enforcement to even pursue what sort of paperwork or international BS they would need to even properly submit such a request to MA. Much less the courts. To date nobody with the connections or the money has tried, that I'm aware of. If someone did, I expect that NDAs would be part of any settlement, anyways.

Allowing us to self police would be kind of them, but in the end I'm not paying for it. Better (simpler and cheaper) to keep your head down, avoid problem areas, and cover your ass as best you can, same as any place on earth 200 years ago. The nearest law enforcement is days away and they don't want to hear your complaints, if you haven't bribed them lately.

As long as people can have a completely new identity in 3-5 minutes it's all wasted effort anyways.

All we can do is let new players know that MA will move to protect thieves before investors, and let them adjust their risk taking accordingly. Even if they do stop a thief (pirate OR scammer) from withdrawing your money, it's not like they're giving it back to you.

Sorry Spacejanitor there's nothing wrong with your idea, in terms of the game. TBF what you're describing does sound like something a lot of people might enjoy. It would be a whole new aspect of gameplay.

But it also sounds like MA putting a lot of effort into something they're truly better off to ignore 100%. I have zero hope for any such thing. It's a tremendous effort on MAs part to implement systems for policing complaints that they have officially classed as "not their problem".

The first time they take open action against a "crime" other than trying to move stolen money off-platform they're basically admitting liability for an an entire ledger of history. "God" ain't got time for that.

I still don't buy that 'unregistered transactions' thing. In the perhaps loudest dropped item story of the last five years, it was said that "support confirmed that someone picked it up" and that two hours passed between dropping the gun and picking it up, and so on. Of course support didn't tell who picked it up but allegedly they knew.

But the picker-upper can deny knowledge of the dropper, where P2P trade requires both avatars to consent. And I do think it's more about moving money into and out of the game. (I can also see some holes in my ideas...)

Peace, Miles

It's just flat out more work for them.

Also there's a matter of "plausible deniability" and the fact that once the chain of custody is broken, it could honestly be a random avatar that picks up an item or a stack of money. Even if you can prove that the original avatar stole the item, proving collusion or connection between the two is another issue.

Even for internal issues I'm sure that MA needs to be ready to justify their actions to law enforcement when they refuse to allow a player to withdraw PEDS. This would need to be taken much more seriously than they type of in-world crimes I was posting about a minute ago.

A "message from God" would be great on this matter because while it may be important to them for criminal or other unknown reasons, this really hurts the sense of immersion and also a great deal of what remains of "a spirit of community" in the game. This is an important feature of a persistent world.

Doesn't really change much if you're a lone wolf cycling PED in a FPS though :rolleyes:

GoNi I am one of those "idiots" as well. And have been Insulted for it to my face several times.

I know there are language barriers at this forum sometimes, please understand there is a tremendous amount of sarcasm intended in that post. These people ruin the game for all of us.

The biggest problem here is that you (not alone but it's you speaking out right now) are expecting mindark to act like a government in this virtual universe. They are expecting to be God.

God doesn't interfere in the squabbles of petty creatures. God is certainly not staffing a complaints department. God is not asking fish what temperature they want the water to be, or asking humans how they feel about disease or crime.

We don't get the options in a heavily constrained virtual universe that we get in the real world. This analogy doesn't really play out, from our end. But it plays out from their end. And just like yelling at God after a mugger takes your wallet, we'll never know whether they're feeling bad for you, or laughing quietly and lining up the next poor sap.

It seems like they literally are daring players to do something about this because it would be tremendously controversial and probably not too harmful for them if someone were truly to get an attorney and go after NVE (or any scammer, etc...) through real world legal channels for the number of times they have "Stolen" from any player. And perhaps enough people to get together a "class action" depending on your local laws. Mindark officially suggests you contact your local law enforcement in case of theft. :eyecrazy:

This would 100% legitimize their stance that 'the platform is neutral'. God doesn't care.

Good luck, anybody, getting your local police or even an attorney to pursue such a case. If I ever hit such a threshold of course it would be MindArk I would go after first. I don't honestly know how well they would be protected there from my law enforcement but I hope they would respond to legitimate requests for identifying information.

I suspect it would take attorneys and possibly court dates in at least three countries, before someone even managed to level charges against an individual for the theft or scam they got taken in.

We'll never know because IRL I don't have enough money to convince my local law enforcement to even pursue what sort of paperwork or international BS they would need to even properly submit such a request to MA. Much less the courts. To date nobody with the connections or the money has tried, that I'm aware of. If someone did, I expect that NDAs would be part of any settlement, anyways.

Allowing us to self police would be kind of them, but in the end I'm not paying for it. Better (simpler and cheaper) to keep your head down, avoid problem areas, and cover your ass as best you can, same as any place on earth 200 years ago. The nearest law enforcement is days away and they don't want to hear your complaints, if you haven't bribed them lately.

As long as people can have a completely new identity in 3-5 minutes it's all wasted effort anyways.

All we can do is let new players know that MA will move to protect thieves before investors, and let them adjust their risk taking accordingly. Even if they do stop a thief (pirate OR scammer) from withdrawing your money, it's not like they're giving it back to you.

Sorry Spacejanitor there's nothing wrong with your idea, in terms of the game. TBF what you're describing does sound like something a lot of people might enjoy. It would be a whole new aspect of gameplay.

But it also sounds like MA putting a lot of effort into something they're truly better off to ignore 100%. I have zero hope for any such thing. It's a tremendous effort on MAs part to implement systems for policing complaints that they have officially classed as "not their problem".

The first time they take open action against a "crime" other than trying to move stolen money off-platform they're basically admitting liability for an an entire ledger of history. "God" ain't got time for that.

Big difference between political virtual revolt and Law & Order. God? Realy? Thats a bit overrated. More like spider and web.

You know....snakes eat mice. Sometimes, and at rare ocasions, the snake/s have a run-in with a badger. :wise:

Ever heard of the I.P.A.? International Police Asociation? I used to work for them a long time ago in Dublin Ireland, on behalff of the Gardai. I may be a lifetime member and still hold a high clearance as a veteran officer from the old S.A.D.F. , OPSEC. Counter Intel.

The International World is evolving. And the Dutch Police have a Official Cyber Crimes unit linked with Intepol. I dont think its an issue. In time it will improve more.

its in this platforms best intrest to adapt now and be ready, perhaps even pioneer Virtual reality Policing that would satisfy even real Police officers. Its new and evolving ground btw. I bet Cops play RCE too ;)

And if sombody, maybe a group, has evidence and blackmailing the game-host, to perpetuate a large money laundering scheme, we got a problem. A serious one. Lots of depod cash going in, little bit used for gaming and flowing right out again at a steady and frequent rate. Im not saying this is a fact or true, just a scenario or example. No honour umongst crooks and the corrupt.

Last edited:
Big difference between political virtual revolt and Law & Order. God? Realy? Thats a bit overrated. More like spider and web.

You know....snakes eat mice. Sometimes, and at rare ocasions, the snake/s have a run-in with a badger. :wise:

As long as the badger and the snake are both paying MA to fight, why would they interfere?

IMO this is the trap that they want you in. I don't see anything really wrong with your posts or the several ideas you've shared for players having tools to police players in game. And I know that sort of gameplay would attract some interest.

Except in the end it results in the good players paying MA to harass the bad players and nothing more. The snake will run from the badger if it can. MA still wins.

Again that's just my opinion on the situation, nothing to do with the merits of your idea.

Ever heard of the I.P.A.? International Police Asociation? I used to work for them a long time ago in Dublin Ireland, on behalff of the Gardai. I may be a lifetime member and still hold a high clearance as a veteran officer from the old S.A.D.F. , OPSEC. Counter Intel.

The International World is evolving. And the Dutch Police have a Official Cyber Crimes unit linked with Intepol. I dont think its an issue. In time it will improve more.

its in this platforms best interest to adapt now and be ready, perhaps even pioneer Virtual reality Policing that would satisfy even real Police officers. Its new and evolving ground btw.

Well 100% we need more law enforcement in this area. MA might like us to focus on the question of whether or not piracy in virtual reality is a "real world crime" or not - what's eventually going to come in to real question, IMO, is whether or not making the decision to facilitate this kind of behavior is acceptable in the first place.

I have nothing against PVP and in fact I'm frequently in the toxic zones. 100% voluntary.

It's not the same as building an entire system that caters to spawn campers preying on a mix of players.

And none of this touches on the real sort of crime that's facilitated by EU and which MA couldn't stop if they wanted to. Real cons and scams that would land a person in jail if they could be prosecuted in any real jurisdiction.

Hopefully that's the sort of thing that your real world law enforcement efforts will create greater protections against.

Super way off topic, I just realized which thread I'm responding in. With no statement or comment from MA the message here seems to be that drop trading (or some mysterious problem) is enough of an issue to put a stop to players dropping items.

And so to several fun traditions in the game. R.I.P.

EDIT: Can't keep up with the edits ;)

For me the shaking is worst than ever, I just stop and shake trying to go right and left at the same time. Also noticed they must have messed with hit box because now on a selected target and auto fire I just run up to the target and stand there until I move around or select another target. Has not happen too many time like 3 or 4 but never had this happen except on beryes and no others. Now it is also Caudatergus.

exactly MA's mind state... it's like hard drug dealers to their customers, they dont care what happens or about their issues, give me the money and go.

This update was basically them justifying a ton of work hours lounging about.

If your that bad @$$ how the frak can you not learn the basics of space gameplay and stop feeding the pirates 10's of thousands of peds...

I call BS.

Pick Up and Attempt Tame (!) have disappeared from Action Library.

Those who have mapped them to desktop buttons or keys still have them though.

Well, according to Dev Notes just posted, the reason for the drop items change is a combination of server performance and time-sucking support cases. Less fun than my crime fighting theory, but nice to have an official response.

:D

Peace, Miles

Well, according to Dev Notes just posted, the reason for the drop items change is a combination of server performance and time-sucking support cases. Less fun than my crime fighting theory, but nice to have an official response.

Peace, Miles

I had no complaints about server performance. The main places I lagged were player shops with tons of items, and that's only when they would be loading (same thing with loading a shopkeeper inventory, or loading all your own rendered item icons in your own inventory when you first log on). This lag only lasts for 1-3 seconds on my end, and I have a BARE minimum spec computer for this game, and not-so-great cable internet. I can't see how items out in the world had a huge effect.

Regardless of the intensity of the supposed performance issue, if they had polled us, "We're unhappy with our server performance, and one way that we believe we can improve it somewhat is to remove the ability to drop items. Is this OK?"

I highly doubt the majority of the players would consent to this change. :(

I had no complaints about server performance. The main places I lagged were player shops with tons of items, and that's only when they would be loading (same thing with loading a shopkeeper inventory, or loading all your own rendered item icons in your own inventory when you first log on). This lag only lasts for 1-3 seconds on my end, and I have a BARE minimum spec computer for this game, and not-so-great cable internet. I can't see how items out in the world had a huge effect.

Regardless of the intensity of the supposed performance issue, if they had polled us, "We're unhappy with our server performance, and one way that we believe we can improve it somewhat is to remove the ability to drop items. Is this OK?"

I highly doubt the majority of the players would consent to this change. :(

Absolutely agree there is no way the majority of us in here would consent to this change... but we don't give consent to MA they do as they please as they are ultimately God... we are just their toys to play with.

Maybe disabling item drop is only step one of a multi-step process. If I had to solve this problem the first thing would be disabling item drop, then comes optimization or mitigation of the negative effects.

Maybe, in a few months, they enable it again but all drops outside your estate have a 24h expiration and are returned to your inventory unless someone else picks em up.

I'm ok with this change personally but totally undestand the points raised against it.

Part of the problem is MA's opacity towards us, why not just ask beforehand and let us choose a solution?

Maybe disabling item drop is only step one of a multi-step process. If I had to solve this problem the first thing would be disabling item drop, then comes optimization or mitigation of the negative effects.

Maybe, in a few months, they enable it again but all drops outside your estate have a 24h expiration and are returned to your inventory unless someone else picks em up.

I'm ok with this change personally but totally undestand the points raised against it.

Part of the problem is MA's opacity towards us, why not just ask beforehand and let us choose a solution?

I love this idea... lets put more to them on this topic.....

Another concern was security, since we receive quite a few support cases each month where participants (especially new ones) inadvertently drop items on the ground (despite the warning dialog).
I do have issue with this...
Lets not baby everyone for the stupid few... they are warned, if they did not head or read the warning, that is their problem. not yours MA just close those support cases... Its why you have the warning message in the first place.

Just have one server/area per planet where players are specifically allowed to create item art and keep it disabled on all other servers ?
Just like there is places for pvp, mining, hunting, trading - there should be a place for the creative ones.

[deleted.]

Last edited:
I do not understand how dropping items slows anything down. Could someone please explain this to me and thanks.

BTW in almost 11 years that I have been playing I have found only 2 or 3 items dropped and only one was worth anything.

In other words...

Thanks for that, I wasn't aware of the box issue.

Cheers

Rick

ANYTHING that would go into the materials or mined resources no matter where its at in your inventory can be looted. Your deeds do not become lootable just because you put them into boxes. Can people confirm that Galactica coins are not lootable as well? And, is there an NPC on caly yet for the compet tradeout?

Brick

ANYTHING that would go into the materials or mined resources no matter where its at in your inventory can be looted. Your deeds do not become lootable just because you put them into boxes. Can people confirm that Galactica coins are not lootable as well? And, is there an NPC on caly yet for the compet tradeout?

Brick
Are stackables! aren't?
But.... why you bring Galactica mission coins into space at first place? :scratch2:
as about sec question I quote VU notes:
"Compet deeds can now be exchanged for Arkadia Moon deeds through a hand in mission in Celeste Harbour, just seek the Compet Deed Exchange NPC at 29820, 10165"

But.... why you bring Galactica mission coins into space at first place? :scratch2:

Because that's the way to use them. You get them from the pirates npcs at space stations for your materials (so no risk for materials) and then fly with those coins through space to the Howling Mine to give them to Castamir npc and progress to a next stage. But no, coins aren't lootable even though they are tradeable stackables.

Because that's the way to use them. You get them from the pirates npcs at space stations for your materials (so no risk for materials) and then fly with those coins through space to the Howling Mine to give them to Castamir npc and progress to a next stage. But no, coins aren't lootable even though they are tradeable stackables.

I only did the first stage (5k sweat) and as i remember I finished it remotely :scratch2: been couple years now.
Since I do mining and sweating mainly I have no interest for Galactica mission. I produce few coins now and then for sale.
So...yes I thought all the series can be completed from far away.

Peace, Miles

Next time I'm at work and someone asks me to work on something that needs improving, I will follow MA's fine example and simply destroy/delete the thing that needs improving, if doing so is easier than doing the actual improving. I will do this regardless of if anyone is using the thing, because those people are wrong.

Peace, Miles

Some years ago I discovered and reported a bug to MA where you could crash servers with paint cans. Potentially VERY serious bug but the fix WAS NOT to remove the paint cans.

I'm sure they'll bring it back right after they bring back sitting down...

Next time I'm at work and someone asks me to work on something that needs improving, I will follow MA's fine example and simply destroy/delete the thing that needs improving, if doing so is easier than doing the actual improving. I will do this regardless of if anyone is using the thing, because those people are wrong.
Some years ago I discovered and reported a bug to MA where you could crash servers with paint cans. Potentially VERY serious bug but the fix WAS NOT to remove the paint cans.
I have nothing to add except I fully agree with the sentiment here. Removing the feature entirely rather than pinpointing the specific issue was not right.

Another concern was security, since we receive quite a few support cases each month where participants (especially new ones) inadvertently drop items on the ground (despite the warning dialog).
I do have issue with this...
Lets not baby everyone for the stupid few... they are warned, if they did not head or read the warning, that is their problem. not yours MA just close those support cases... Its why you have the warning message in the first place.
I very much agree with Post_History here. Too many services are moving in the direction of treating their users/customers like children and/or people unfamiliar with computers. Games, social media platforms, operating systems in general... please do not dumb things down because of a portion of users for some reason choose to not pay attention. You have a giant red warning dialog that explains if it is dropped on the ground, it can be picked up by others. You've done your part. If a player chooses to ignore that, then that is their fault. Even if another player (i.e. "a scammer") somehow tricks/convinces them to drop something (which I don't even buy, btw)... then they are choosing to listen to the directions of a random player in a RCE game, instead of choosing to listen to the giant RED warning dialog of the game itself. Their fault. Don't punish the rest of us because of a few dummies. Let them learn their lesson, they will be better off having learned it, and there's no chance they'll blame MA or the game itself because, as mentioned, the game warned them, fair and square.

Last edited:
Back