Planet Calypso Content Release 2018.4

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
Planet Calypso Content Release 2018.4
2018-10-03
***PLEASE READ THIS DOCUMENT IF YOU FIND SOMETHING OUT OF THE ORDINARY IN PLANET CALYPSO! IT MIGHT PROVIDE THE INFO YOU NEED BEFORE CONTACTING THE SUPPORT DEPARTMENT***

Changes

• Several creatures have received texture and animation updates:
    • Tsktsk
    • Trilomite
    • Frescoquda
    • Morsusilex
    • Faucervix
    • Zombie Dog
    • Shinkiba
    • Furor
  • Several trees and plants have received a graphical update
  • City plots have received a graphical and layout update
  • Areas Fort Zeus, Fort Ithaca, Fort Troy and Twin Peaks have received a terrain and vegetation update
  • Radar is now enabled in all PvP areas
  • Updated the Berycled Nest event by Camp Icarus to be a Dynamic Event.
  • Added more turrets at Omegaton West Habitat
  • Generic Fuses can now be found on Monria
  • Reworked Robot Dynamic Events at Fort Lahar, Medusa and Pandora:
    • Split into two parts, Defense and Retake
    • In Defense the objective is to protect the fort wall from Robot attacks
    • In case the Robots breach the wall the Defense event is failed and the Retake event is started
    • In Retake the fort becomes unavailable and an auxiliary outpost appears nearby, the objective is to clear out the Robots from the fort
    • Teleportation and Vehicles are NOT limited
    • There are five waves in Defense, the last one being the boss, and two waves in Retake
    • Reduced the frequency of how often the events can start
    • Removed nearby robot spawns that could be used to kickstart the Dynamic Event
    • The total amount of Robots that need to be destroyed is heavily reduced
  • Polished Tutorial missions in Thule:
    • Switched places of the exit and locked door in startroom
    • Removed the "Power Struggle" mission
    • The “Analyzing the Sample” mission uses a Nanocube instead of 100 Synthetic Mind Essence
    • Streamlined and updated mission dialogues
Fixes

• Fixed Blausarium daily mining mission point thresholds
  • Fixed an issue which prevented the “Craft on Monria” mission from completing

Known Issues

• Some vegetation missing near the Fort Ithaca, Fort Medusa and Atlas Haven area’s
  • A floating telepad at Isle of Troy

Originally Posted Here

Last edited by a moderator:
furor receives animations but maybe they should give a correct spawn :scratch2:

nice

quite nice update, a lot of due fixes, both in the EU release notes as in the PC release notes.
Perhaps someone is working on fixing the game bit by bit?

what about rocktropia 5 MB about tottal hell and planet ...
can we get info on what is that

what about rocktropia 5 MB about tottal hell and planet ...
can we get info on what is that

There was a 2.79 MB download for all minor planets but as soon as you downloaded it once others turned to 0.

So it's clearly not something related to RT.

Awesome that vehicles/teleports can be used at dynamic events now, was a huge pain in the ass.

Awesome that radar is properly enabled in PVP3 because it was way too easily to get around the radar scrambling and the only people who were being killed there were just people who didn't know the several easy ways to unscramble it.

Oculus textures/polys appear to be identical to the ones which were there previously, perhaps just animation changes in that case?

Seems like a nice update overall, good job guys. :)

Awesome that vehicles/teleports can be used at dynamic events now, was a huge pain in the ass.

Awesome that radar is properly enabled in PVP3 because it was way too easily to get around the radar scrambling and the only people who were being killed there were just people who didn't know the several easy ways to unscramble it.

Oculus textures/polys appear to be identical to the ones which were there previously, perhaps just animation changes in that case?

Seems like a nice update overall, good job guys. :)

Beer goggles?

Yeah, the Oculus was not updated. The release notes have been updated to remove it from the list.

Yeah, the Oculus was not updated. The release notes have been updated to remove it from the list.

if only you could update the game faster than you update your incorrect release notes......

TskTsk seems like new textures and higher polycount, although same issue of them getting stuck on walls in their Tidewater Cavern spawn seems to still be present.

VN9rjUn.png

TskTsk seems like new textures and higher polycount, although same issue of them getting stuck on walls in their Tidewater Cavern spawn seems to still be present.

VN9rjUn.png

Go do hunt them at north of Amethera instead :) Alot easier to kill them there instead of running in a cave :D

And MA - These updates was very much needed and hopefully a beginning to something bigger :)

[*]The “Analyzing the Sample” mission uses a Nanocube instead of 100 Synthetic Mind Essence

Very questionable change. I can see why they did it, many newbies were struggling with understanding that they can buy 100 essence for 0.01 ped they receive for selling the Hide provided by the mission. But the struggling leads to learning and isn't that the purpose of the tutorial? Making things easier for them here will hit them somewhere else down the line.

for me great change finally I can enjoy the beauty of this game seeing black screen at login window thanks for this impressive update, at least for me everything was good since last update

Known Issues

• Some vegetation missing near the Fort Ithaca, Fort Medusa and Atlas Haven area’s

That missing vegetation is at Lorfat's Prize teleport.. Bring your lawnmower and cut at least all the vegetation that is growing inside the Auction House there! Thanks in advance :)

sorry guys but the starter areas have been implemented long years ago into the game and you still play around and change single npc's and missions inside there today?

how can a company ever ever waste their resources and money of the customers by dumping around in such a way?

please call that unprofessional behaviour quits and work on useful changes instead.

theres enough player input on the forums given - wont repeat anything here cause giving you guys input got boring long time ago already.

Content release VU update:
- The missions on the Thule Area have been fixed for proper startet experience

Known Issues:
- Some missions on the Thule Area are, could, might or be broken now, we look into this until next month update...

:handjob:

I just seen the new 'Deathpoint Location' waypoint pins..that is unique. :)

Handy for jumping back to mob you were killing. :wtg:

VN9rjUn.png

f$$k TskTsk! What about our avatars?
who still falling through floors and stuck in walls into apartments and shops :(

Come on now, TskTsk are an important mob.

To be fair to them, in the past these animation changes have mostly been about improving the mobs that had terrible hitboxes that made them very annoying to hunt. The list of mobs they've changed today are all mobs that moved around a lot when attacking (moving side-to-side, lunging forward), which caused problems, and I'm assuming that's what's changed.

They might all be unpopular mobs, but largely because they were so annoying to hunt, so hopefully this will help. Not that I expect to become a full time Tsk Tsk hunter or anything :)

For the shop owners ....

At TICity - Platinum - Block C - Shop 5 : the front of the shop (the display so the street side) is bugged. If I want to put something in it to sell it says [System]: Could not execute. Please try again. Inside all still works as usual.

I made a support case.

Dunno if it is at other places, so please check this if you have a shop and make a support case also, so MA does know about it and can fix it.

This post can be deleted, I placed in the bug thread

Last edited:
To be fair to them, in the past these animation changes have mostly been about improving the mobs that had terrible hitboxes that made them very annoying to hunt. The list of mobs they've changed today are all mobs that moved around a lot when attacking (moving side-to-side, lunging forward), which caused problems, and I'm assuming that's what's changed.

They might all be unpopular mobs, but largely because they were so annoying to hunt, so hopefully this will help. Not that I expect to become a full time Tsk Tsk hunter or anything :)

I just did a trilomite daily and this is exactly the case. :thumbup:

However, there are still very annoying targeting issues on other mobs. Perhaps I should make some videos for them.

Is it my idea or are Faucervix very 'Atroxy' all of a sudden?

Remember hunting them a lot when i started, shogun parts, small Korss...

Although back then most mobs did drop things with MU if you shopped around a bit.

Other updated appearances

Trilomite:

{image}

Frescoquda:

{image}

Morsusilex:

{image}

Faucervix:

{image}

Shinkiba:

{image}

Dear MA, your graphics designer needs a raise :D Awesome new skins! (Fauc looks like an atrox hybrid now lol)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think an overlooked (and pretty awesome) change this VU has been making the Melee / MF amp graphics smaller.

Attaching a fridge sized amp to a knife/sword has always bugged me. Universal harmony has now been restored :)

Sometimes the small things do make a difference.

Ff

Last edited:

This is what we call an Oculus Rift! (geddit?) -__-

Back