Planet Calypso Content Release 2018.4

TskTsk seems like new textures and higher polycount, although same issue of them getting stuck on walls in their Tidewater Cavern spawn seems to still be present.

VN9rjUn.png

If MA make it so that their developers/artists can't place any walls in game (except in their own personal estates) I think this would be a fast, effective and overall best solution to this sticking problem

If MA make it so that their developers/artists can't place any walls in game (except in their own personal estates) I think this would be a fast, effective and overall best solution to this sticking problem

well, in this case it's mostly the spawns being horribly misplaced because out of the 8 or 9 TskTsk in that room I'm pretty sure like 4 of them spawn already stuck inside of a wall, not that they fly into walls and get stuck in them, could be easily sorted out by moving their spawn locations a bit

Reworked Robot Dynamic Events at Fort Lahar, Medusa and Pandora:
Split into two parts, Defense and Retake
In Defense the objective is to protect the fort wall from Robot attacks
In case the Robots breach the wall the Defense event is failed and the Retake event is started
In Retake the fort becomes unavailable and an auxiliary outpost appears nearby, the objective is to clear out the Robots from the fort
Teleportation and Vehicles are NOT limited
There are five waves in Defense, the last one being the boss, and two waves in Retake
Reduced the frequency of how often the events can start
Removed nearby robot spawns that could be used to kickstart the Dynamic Event
The total amount of Robots that need to be destroyed is heavily reduced

That actually sounds pretty good. It makes more sense now that we only get sent away if the fort falls. Hope it has been tested well

well, in this case it's mostly the spawns being horribly misplaced because out of the 8 or 9 TskTsk in that room I'm pretty sure like 4 of them spawn already stuck inside of a wall, not that they fly into walls and get stuck in them, could be easily sorted out by moving their spawn locations a bit

easier to delete all obstacles from the game :D

Furor (never bothered taking screenshot of one before the update, so this is the best I have)

roOK9lc.png

Other updated appearances

Trilomite:

a8p6nJP.png

Frescoquda:

7qm0ESM.jpg

Morsusilex:

E4BGE8W.jpg

Faucervix:

7V4e5Zs.jpg

Shinkiba:

wVgdmVn.jpg

So the new one is the one on the right and the old one is the one on the left? I think, just looking at the screenshots, I actually prefer the old Frescoquda...

Furor (never bothered taking screenshot of one before the update, so this is the best I have)

roOK9lc.png

Used to be one of my favorite mobs. Too bad Deathifier doesn't maintain any of his LA's anymore.

So the new one is the one on the right and the old one is the one on the left? I think, just looking at the screenshots, I actually prefer the old Frescoquda...

I prefer the old ones except the new Shinkiba is an improvement. Furor is a massive downgrade from its former model imo.

Changing mobs textures.... and when MA fix this???

attachment.php

I cut my fingers every time I use this Laconinan Sword!!! :mad:

Last edited:

attachment.php

you do not worry my weapon also fits in my shoulder and my fingers do not even touch the weapon :rolleyes:
it's been years and nothing has changed

I need to upgrade my processor and move out of safe mode lol, graphics look pretty good :laugh:

I didn't want to comment on this but it is stronger. Cough. So, "technical difficulties" prevented getting an NPC for the Compet deed conversion on Calypso, but the team had resources for... vegetation changes. I know the latter may be the result of a longer-term effort, but come on. Psychology and quantum mechanics have a thing in commom, the assured outcome of statistics. You're exposing yourself to the nagging suspicion that it might not be entirely unwelcome if inconvenience would nudge a few off the motivation to travel for it, or procrastrinate enough to miss the deadline, thus reducing the cost of compensation. The sense for priorities in this company doesn't appear to have changed much under the new leadership.

attachment.php

Hey I like my Laconians the way they are! These silly quirks are part of the appeal of this game for me.... free manicures!

The magnificent graphical quality of the content is one of the cornerstones of Entropia Universe. In this section you find samples of images and films showcasing the quality, among other things.
https://www.entropiauniverse.com/media/
:dunce:
entropia_2018-10-07_23.50.56.jpg

entropia_2018-10-07_23.51.04.jpg

entropia_2018-10-07_23.51.29.jpg

Last edited:
Just want to point out that graphical changes are not a "waste of time", and don't take time away from bugfixes. The art isn't done by programmers, and hopefully the code isn't written by artists. Unless the art department is working on models for new content (which they seldom do, even the ArMatrix stuff was pre-existing models), they would just be twiddling their thumbs; it only makes sense for them to work on revamping things when they have nothing else to do.

Reactions: San
Just want to point out that graphical changes are not a "waste of time", and don't take time away from bugfixes. The art isn't done by programmers, and hopefully the code isn't written by artists. Unless the art department is working on models for new content (which they seldom do, even the ArMatrix stuff was pre-existing models), they would just be twiddling their thumbs; it only makes sense for them to work on revamping things when they have nothing else to do.

You are of course correct, technically speaking. I'm also aware that the graphics updates are likely the outcome of a longer-term effort and planning. I should have expressed it more clearly that it was an arbitrary example, not meant to be singled out as the culprit for not getting something else instead which is technically unrelated. The criticism is more directed at policies, priorities and the long-standing patterns therein. There are statues overdue to deliver and scores of bugs to fix and whatnot, and time after time they're coming up with such things instead. You can't excuse it with falling in a different department every time. Too tired for prolongued ranting now, said all this before anyway and probably begin to sound like a broken record.

You are of course correct, technically speaking. I'm also aware that the graphics updates are likely the outcome of a longer-term effort and planning.....

Wasn't directed at you; just read a lot of comments about how graphics updates are a waste and why aren't they fixing bugs and such, so thought I'd point out that the two activities are done by different people. I agree with you 100% that MA's got a really arsed up priority list.

Even with the graphic updates themselves I don't understand why the priority was on mobs which didn't look all that bad (relatively speaking), compared to some of the textures in this game (especially buildings and whatnot) which look like they were lifted from the original Wolfenstein 3D in 1992.

done by different people yes, buut
the ratio of graphic artist and programmers on the payroll can be freely set by the boss of ma, so what you say is complete nonsense as you're not thinking on the right level there. so YES, grapics updates take time away from bugfixes as company budget is limited (unless you're e.g. riot or activision)!

Im pretty sure MA has a set number of artists and programmers and if needed they hire more or let people go but here in Sweden it is not very easy for a company to just fire and hire at will, there are rules how that is done. Also i doubt that there are artists and programmers just sitting around unemployed waiting for a call from MA.

done by different people yes, buut
the ratio of graphic artist and programmers on the payroll can be freely set by the boss of ma, so what you say is complete nonsense as you're not thinking on the right level there. so YES, grapics updates take time away from bugfixes as company budget is limited (unless you're e.g. riot or activision)!

Last edited:
Most of the above examples are planet partner bugs. Blame MA for using a bastardized version of one of the hardest gfx engines to program for. Its only going to get worse with cryengine shuttered for good.

Im pretty sure MA has a set number of artists and programmers and if needed they hire more or let people go but here in Sweden it is not very easy for a company to just fire and hire at will, there are rules how that is done. Also i doubt that there are artists and programmers just sitting around unemployed waiting for a call from MA.

I do not think that the artistic side comes completely from the Swedish branch of MA, just to see the launch of compet which was rather based in the Eastern countries.

Back