Suggestion: FEN Edition special event: suggestions

Evey

Elite
Society
Hardcore
Eve Everglades
FEN Edition event is a big opportunity for the game to grow in numbers significantly and this great opportunity should be taken advantage on at the maximum. The players are already quite excited and everyone is imagining scenarios and planning ahead having some official information.
Mindark should take a moment and get the community’s pulse in regards to the event ahead and maybe even suggest the playerbase to come forward with ideas, suggestions and wish lists. I’m sure MA will try their best to make a great event and using a few good ideas from their customers could only make things even better.

I thought of a few things myself and I’m going to share them. Some might seem bad, some might seem good, they aim to have the best possible event for the game. Please discuss and add your own. Constructive feedback please and let’s not assume from the start the event will not be fair, because, there’s no 100% fair events imo. That won’t stop it from being an awesome one nevertheless.

Advertising is key.

Make a new Landing Page for the event, use a new layout specially designed for this occasion. Use a modern and awesome design with animations and aim to highlight a game that is still alive and kicking even after 15 years. Maybe the CMS used is old abut definitely you can make something great looking from within.
Try getting some consulting from some experts with proven experience in the field of advertising for gaming? Get some gaming companies to sponsor some events?

All social media channels should be involved in this, with an accent on Twitch. The community should be encouraged to get involved not only when they are at home and playing but also when they are away from the game.

Good things that could be done might be for

Twitch
- Make/use your own channel
o Host other streamers
o Stream events
o Do interviews with willing people, be it from HQ, from Arkadia, from Cyrene, players, host and repost these;
- Encourage players to stream more
o Award a number of streamers every day with X number of FEN tokens for streaming various activities (example, 1 token every 6 hours?)​
o Award a number of X tokens for having your event banner posted on streams throughout the entire duration of the event;​
- Encourage Twitch viewers to stay on EU Twitch channels more, to watch more EU instead of the other popular games
o Award the viewers with random tokens at random times on random Twitch EU channels. Maybe through Trivia games with questions about the game?​

Facebook
- Post daily; things like history stuff, old screenshots, videos, stories from your office, news, minigames, events;
- Encourage people to share the event page and make a raffle at the end of a week awarding X FEN tokens to a random avatar that shared one of your daily posts.​

Twitter
- Post several times a day, share news, photos, articles, announce when X and Y goes live on Twitch, remind people of great articles, interviews, events
- FEN Givaways for retweeting for the followers and such using specific hastags​

Instagram
- Share daily screenshots from the old days, from the current days, from the events
- Award weekly or monthly with tokens for players that share their own with specific hastags.​

Youtube
- Be active on your youtube channel with sharing various stuff from the golden er of the game and from the present
- Make new content, maybe short stories and interviews, talk about the past and also talk about the near future – please don’t talk about futuristic stuff that might not happen when announced or at all.​

Game stuff.

- Duration – ideally span the event across several months so you have time to prepare, prevent and fix various situations that may produce insatisfaction (bugs, exploits, various improvements of the event)

- Availability – everyone should be able to loot the tokens from all creatures, be it in Mayhem instances or outside;

- Add Bronze, Silver etc Fen tokens that aim to address miners, crafters, mainly try to encourage all players and all activities that produce decay. Hunting will be of course the main profession, but, there are good chances people will switch from hunting to mining when they reach their goal.

- Availability should be for all levels but aim to reward higher DPS/gear/decay. The lower levels should be able to have a goal but higher levels should not be encouraged to switch to punys because the reward might be bigger there.

- For the lower level equipment use more types of FEN Tokens. Maybe also use Silver Tokens, that drop only from low level mobs in order to prevent someone to gring 6000 tokens on a low level creature/activity.

- Mini events
o Make use of your land areas to host weekly events with fancy mobs; maybe even add the DASPLETORS on them for a while?
o Make use of other’s ppl Land Areas, maybe participate with X FEN Tokens on all 3 top prizes on top of the owner’s prize in PED and or items. This encourages LA owners to make more events, ppl to hunt/mine on them.
o Minigames hosted by MA staff – things like trivia games, scavenger hunt (looking for informarion, a picture or a piece of text from the game site, item description, forum tutorials, awards like 1-3 FEN Tokens)​

- Know your customers – study the main categories of hunters and try to make it fair for the game and focus on promoting skilling up, gearing up, knowledge and why not, maybe team work.

- Add more NPCs with cheaper FEN themed stuff, that will not impact significantly the game, cheap clothes, maybe for PED not only FEN Tokens, some players like their apartments maybe add some cool paintings, furniture. Maybe new pets with some buffs. I imagine the event is somewhat upon us so nothing that would require too much dev work.

- People love skins apparently so maybe there’s something you can come up with to involve all professions in making some cool FEN Themed stuff that will have some demand?

- Understand the value of the equipment for the playerbase and try not to wreck the current balance too much when setting the drop rate. Same thing goes for other things in game, items, resources, drop rates…

- Themed IRL items? Hoddies, maybe mob statues, t Shirts, hats, STICKERS and POSTERS!

- Other pills or just buffs in loot or otherwise for the duration of the event; skill pills, autoloot pills, reload pills, things that can speed up the growth and the turnover.

- More INCENTIVES for promoting activities…

- More communication!

- A bigger staff presence in the game!

- Encourage more LAN meetings – I’m currently gathering some information and feedback and looking more support to making a LAN meeting/party. They are very fun and people love them and can also help with publicity.​

Thanks for reading the whole thing and please add constructive things

I think there are three important things needed to make this work, in gameplay terms.

1. Tokens should drop from all mobs, not special event/instance mobs. More likely to drop on the higher level mobs, of course.

2. Tokens should be tradeable. This will be much more beneficial to the economy overall and will incentivise hunting for those who know they aren't going to be able to grind enough to get thousands of tokens.

3. The balance of the item prices needs to be looked at. If you consider the current prices in terms of PED/token, I can't see that anyone will want to go for anything but the high level weapons. The relative values that have been assigned to the items don't seem right at all.

I think there are three important things needed to make this work, in gameplay terms.

2. Tokens should be tradeable. This will be much more beneficial to the economy overall and will incentivise hunting for those who know they aren't going to be able to grind enough to get thousands of tokens.

I'll admit I thought the same thing initially but....no.

As soon as you make them tradeable all those uber items are gone in about 24 hours when people literally just pay to win them. The entire point of the event will be ruined so that a handful of people can sell their couple tokens at 5 - 20 peds each. Instead, I see releasing some tradeable FEN strongboxes into the wild with the potential to loot some serious shit (like the UL items from the trader and some mayhem weapon amps) as being a better move. Those babies would probably have some mad markup in the realm of the mining strongboxes.

This would benefit everyone. A) Gives players something they can loot with good markup. B) Gives people a chance to gamble to get the items they want rather than grind for them C) MA makes a tone more money selling keys to gamblers. It's win-win-win

As for the OP - some of your ideas are decent but they will never happen. Much of what you're suggesting has been suggested 100 times over dating back further then even original TEN or possibly the SGA event.

The event structure is already finalized, and will be announced next week. However, we appreciate the suggestions, and will consider implementing some of them during the event.

Thank you for not torturing us for too long. Looking forward to the event details.

The event structure is already finalized, and will be announced next week. However, we appreciate the suggestions, and will consider implementing some of them during the event.

My only hope is that easter 2016 developer did not touch any of that and that whoever did it actually checked markup on all items ingame.
GL :)

Hopefully it's not too late to at least make adjustments to some of the items in the FEN NPC or in case of the stim pills adjust the "action" maximums to match the pills.

we appreciate the suggestions, and will consider implementing some of them during the event.

Nice! I may stand corrected on my previous statement.

Great to hear more of an open dialog with devs this is promising. :yup:

I sent MindArk my suggestions for improving streaming about a year ago. Maybe you guys can revisit my suggestions again :D

No you won't :laugh:

Back