FYI: trees in PVP4 are looking pretty interesting after the most recent VU

Status
Can confirm that trees in pvp3 also have changed with weird textures :scratch2:

Still some issues in texturing or LOD of model. At some trees we see the collision box :) But at least, some of "get stuck in plants" are removed.

royal club / ola24 area i came to buy some oil.. same as PVP4 last night.

entropia_2018-10-06_12.24.23.jpg

View image in gallery

Last edited:
This made me giggle as I thought.."Minecraft Meets Entropia Universe" Oh dear.. :eyecrazy::laugh:

Last edited:
The graphic bugs are mild these days.

psychedelic.jpg

Ecology Alert on Calypso.

Some trees are suffering disease and turned white.
Some others became invisibles. (these ones are dangerous when you drive a car..)

This happened right after the last MAJ.
I guess missing textures or something like that.

Ghost trees for Halloween content.

:nana:

The problem with the trees is all over the place. I thought it was a "clear the cache" issue but havent gotten around to do it. I sent a support case about it. But this thread might get MA:s attention a bit more. As a miner I also enjoy watching the flowers and trees while running along :)

Please get the tree eye candy back :wise:

not sure this is much better

Last edited:
this CryEngine suck, just wait the new graphic engine, or DirectX 11 as they say, that they struggle to implement

Maybe they will let us color them ourselves in game. :painter:

It is a mix of collision issue, texturing issue and LOD (Level Of Detail). Depending on the models. This often hapen, if you make bad setups at the models, and wrong distances on LOD. Or bad setup on collision. At least, this will be some work for the level designer. Maybe it would help him, if we send support cases, where we find such models.

This image show the collsion box, but should be invisible. Now, we know how the collision look at this model :) You can try out, all the grey is collsion. I did this once i saw a such tree, to be sure it is the collision box.

all seems fixed now :locked:

actually re-opening, this tree in particular is definitely still messed up

Last edited:
There is still invisible things here and there, or almost everywhere.. On Caly at least for sure.

Status
Back