PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 54
  1. #21
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Western Australia
    Avatar
    PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    Society
    Space Police
    Posts
    1,159
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You see it that way because it's in contradiction with your biased suggestion.

    Mindark did announce their goal is to get to a point where their customers get to pay the platform an hourly fee. But I can't remember where the article with the interview was. I'm sure many saw it though. And yes, an hourly fee would be appropriate. It can be something more simple than deuterium, something like a toxic shot you need to take every 5 minutes spent in space. Going into Space Station should only pause that timer.

    The reason for which space remains such a garbage and toxic place for regular Entropians is that there is no gain for MA at the moment and it would need a substantial update in order for it to be a place for everyone and also bring some revenue. But I'm pretty sure something will happen in the next 2-3 years with the space and I hope this time will favor the players and not only for a few.

    From my perspective, they can close it altogether and only have to pay a fee for MS owners to switch planets. It should be that easy and all of us would be happy I think; except pirates - but that would be a bonus.

    I have nothing personal against piracy. I understand it's how it works and I should adapt. I personally never lost loot in space, except the first time I went - and lost very little. But the amount of toxic waste and drama it brings, it only attracts a certain profile of player that's really against all common sense that only damages even more the experience of a regular player. And the pirates are unhappy with checking the luggage of most people going into space, they want to check ALL luggage and also get more payment for it, it's really ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1$ per hour would be absurd!

    Why on earth would anybody want to hang around for 1 $ per hour???

    What was the context of that statement?
    Quote Originally Posted by Svarog View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There is a link near the name to the original post, here in case it doesn't work for you.

    It sounded absurd back then but right now they most likely aim for more, because it's already well past $1, implicitly. Well, perhaps not if you are snoozing at the backseat of your quad.
    Right so now this is in context thanks to the link above... (also note that this statement was made in 2006!!!)
    $1/hour spend in game activities... not $1/hour to sit still and do nothing...
    Last edited by Post_History; 10-08-2018 at 15:33.
    Player Register: PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    PostHistorys Calypso Trade Booth
    F.O.M.A Shop #3 -=PostHistorys Space Bizaar=-
    Professional In Rebalancing All Trade Economies

  2. #22
    Prowler jambon's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2006
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Ottawa
    Avatar
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Posts
    1,328
    Images
    142
    What are you insane? You're not losing enough money in this game you actually are asking them to add back a fee for space?? LOL

    Space - the deadest part of the game that could easily be replaced with direct TPing from planet to planet. The dropped fee is the only thing encouraging people to go from planet to planet more often and you want that changed?

    You sure you don't work for Mindark's marketing team? This definitely sounds like their logic...


    Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

  3. #23
    Old Alpha Atrax's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Mutant Atrax Stalker
    Society
    Guess Who Academy
    Posts
    915
    Images
    127
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1$ per hour would be absurd!

    Why on earth would anybody want to hang around for 1 $ per hour???

    What was the context of that statement?
    It was talk about MA balancing for revenue/decay. It was a regular topic of discussion when I started here, MA trying to clear 10 ped/hr per active player.

    http://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/fo...-hour-per-user

    Can't find MA direct statement in a quick google but it's here somewhere.

    EDIT: lol should have read page 2 before replying.

  4. #24
    Guardian
    Joined
    Jan 2016
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Avatar
    Corwin The Prince
    Posts
    338
    Images
    30
    i would leave space as it is but add 1 30-50ped planet-to-planet teleport fee, but also i would remove totally the mu on warp drives for privateer and mothership owner making them ul, so they compete with the direct teleport fee.

    I would also remove the weight limit on equus/firebird and increase a little its speed to make it faster than normal quad.

    Also i would add part of the decay used with the rk and wires on the ship so if u get detroyed looter gets always something. this i would make like the looter can either chose to loot the ship (take its S.I. peds in form or metal residue) or the driver (take his eventual loot). Ofc S.I. peds will be comulative to ship so if the player gets looted the ship will have double ped if looted at the next round.
    Yes this will make everyone being looted twice, but would also prepare the looted to the pirates so he can get his kismet ready and maybe fight back either than being looted from the back and having no chance to reply.
    Pirates will obviously loot the player the first time and try with the ship at its second, but also, they will loot very well themself as long as they will keep theyre ship repaired charging theyre loot too. Ofc looted metal residue have to be way less than the cost to destroy the ship unless it accumulated.
    I will also added a crafted shield that protect the ship from the first 2 shot received as a new ships attachment. A shield with very, very high tt decay (10ped each 2 shots) so the attacker is not incentivated to use it.

    I will also add mobs everywhere in space not just in training areas, and slow down ships once hitted by mobs or other players. It would be nice also having asteroids added everywhere and minable thru a new ships attachment.

    The actual consumption of oil is fine, and id like the land planet fee removed, they just useless.

  5. #25
    Prowler Billy Jean Ruby's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Calypso - FOMA - RT
    Avatar
    Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Posts
    1,734
    Images
    26
    There are so many issues to bother the community. This is not one of those. I don't want to give negative to you Post but I thing this thread is just a trolling one.
    Move on.

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Evey View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting idea!

    I would make it 20 PED.
    I would also make it 20 PER per hour spent in space and not when entering the space.

    - I hope my suggestion is very close to yours.
    Regards
    Pack it up boys, nothing more to see.

  7. #27
    Dominant
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Poland
    Avatar
    Grand Master Pelzak PRO
    Society
    Guess Who
    Posts
    385
    Images
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yes, and that's the most disturbing part of it.
    10/10.....

  8. #28
    No, thanks.

    If they should do anymore fee changes, it's removing the fee to teleport from space station to planet...

  9. #29
    Dominant
    Joined
    Mar 2011
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    Location
    England
    Avatar
    Granny Rowan Render
    Society
    Natural Born Killers
    Posts
    444
    Images
    1
    I almost didn't reply to this post by Corwin, but then realised it perpetuated certain space myths that could lead others to false conclusions

    Have you actually considered the implications of your options?

    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i would leave space as it is but add 1 30-50ped planet-to-planet teleport fee, but also i would remove totally the mu on warp drives for privateer and mothership owner making them ul, so they compete with the direct teleport fee. .
    You say 30-50ped TP Planet to Planet. If a TP is similar in price to a warp cost (say 25 or 30 ped warp plus 7 ped tp to planet) then why use a warp at all, what then happens to all those that invested in spaceships, and worked hard for years to provide services to travellers ?

    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I would also remove the weight limit on equus/firebird and increase a little its speed to make it faster than normal quad. .
    That weight limit is not there to make them targets for pirates, it is there to protect the trade of the privateers etc, as the equus/firebird does not have TP usage as well as warp costs. It was MAs attempt to level the playing field

    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Also i would add part of the decay used with the rk and wires on the ship so if u get detroyed looter gets always something. this i would make like the looter can either chose to loot the ship (take its S.I. peds in form or metal residue) or the driver (take his eventual loot). Ofc S.I. peds will be comulative to ship so if the player gets looted the ship will have double ped if looted at the next round.
    Yes this will make everyone being looted twice, but would also prepare the looted to the pirates so he can get his kismet ready and maybe fight back either than being looted from the back and having no chance to reply.
    Pirates will obviously loot the player the first time and try with the ship at its second, but also, they will loot very well themself as long as they will keep theyre ship repaired charging theyre loot too. Ofc looted metal residue have to be way less than the cost to destroy the ship unless it accumulated..
    This shows a total failure to understand space.. you would need same rules for MS/privateer/equus/quad/sleipnir
    Loot to be based on SI ? Only a privateer or MS can increase SI, so how is it fair that a pirate attack could get them large loot for small cost, all because owner had spent money to upgrade. Yes it generally costs more to bring down a large ship, but pirates have been known to shoot up already damaged ships out skilling in the training grounds

    Every ship will get looted twice ? the hell it would. The quad crew may re-spawn and leave before pirate even flies to the SS if the battle was some distance away, or if the pirate was camping at an SS, the victim can just tp back to planet.. who gains...MA does(TP fee), pirate does (Loot)... who loses regardless the traveller does (own loot if carried, repair costs and TP fee)

    Also metal res is very heavy, so even if an equus took down a pirate they sure as hell don't want to loot res and then be unable to warp
    The owner of a larger warp vessel doesn't want that weight either making them move about ship at a snails pace.


    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will also added a crafted shield that protect the ship from the first 2 shot received as a new ships attachment. A shield with very, very high tt decay (10ped each 2 shots) so the attacker is not incentivated to use it.
    FAIL
    A shield protects a potential victim, the attacker is shooting and is only rarely shot at, so why would they even consider shields especially expensive ones
    The 'victim' probably expects to lose, so why would they add to their expense also.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I will also add mobs everywhere in space not just in training areas, and slow down ships once hitted by mobs or other players. It would be nice also having asteroids added everywhere and minable thru a new ships attachment.
    Yes space needs more variety and locations for mobs...I agree.
    But mobs and rocks everywhere ? No more auto runs to another planet, no more walking away from keyboard to grab a drink, else some random mobs may send you back to the pirate ridden SS you just left.. brilliant idea lol
    Plus even actively avoiding all this will add to a journey time most already complain is too long.

    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    The actual consumption of oil is fine, and id like the land planet fee removed, they just useless.
    The land on planet fee is already removed... so what are you talking about ?

  10. #30
    Old Alpha
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Location
    Western Australia
    Avatar
    PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    Society
    Space Police
    Posts
    1,159
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwin View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    i would leave space as it is but add 1 30-50ped planet-to-planet teleport fee, but also i would remove totally the mu on warp drives for privateer and mothership owner making them ul, so they compete with the direct teleport fee.

    I would also remove the weight limit on equus/firebird and increase a little its speed to make it faster than normal quad.

    Also i would add part of the decay used with the rk and wires on the ship so if u get detroyed looter gets always something. this i would make like the looter can either chose to loot the ship (take its S.I. peds in form or metal residue) or the driver (take his eventual loot). Ofc S.I. peds will be comulative to ship so if the player gets looted the ship will have double ped if looted at the next round.
    Yes this will make everyone being looted twice, but would also prepare the looted to the pirates so he can get his kismet ready and maybe fight back either than being looted from the back and having no chance to reply.
    Pirates will obviously loot the player the first time and try with the ship at its second, but also, they will loot very well themself as long as they will keep theyre ship repaired charging theyre loot too. Ofc looted metal residue have to be way less than the cost to destroy the ship unless it accumulated.
    I will also added a crafted shield that protect the ship from the first 2 shot received as a new ships attachment. A shield with very, very high tt decay (10ped each 2 shots) so the attacker is not incentivated to use it.

    I will also add mobs everywhere in space not just in training areas, and slow down ships once hitted by mobs or other players. It would be nice also having asteroids added everywhere and minable thru a new ships attachment.

    The actual consumption of oil is fine, and id like the land planet fee removed, they just useless.
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Jean Ruby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are so many issues to bother the community. This is not one of those. I don't want to give negative to you Post but I thing this thread is just a trolling one.
    Move on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Slyk View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pack it up boys, nothing more to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alukat123 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No, thanks.

    If they should do anymore fee changes, it's removing the fee to teleport from space station to planet...
    Guys, Guys, Guys... guys?...

    I am not doing this as a troll, yes I am know for those... but I am trying to submit something constructive... something I have been thinking about for some time and when MA removed the 2PED fee it was the missing piece to my puzzle...

    I am trying to craft an Idea that make it FAIR for all, please look over the fact I am on the "other side" and consider your suggestions and how they impact "your side" I am not looking to make it more expensive for the "Victim" I am actually trying to make it more of a level playing field...


    People are using one thing in here over and over again and that is "the pirates are the better shot" what I am proposing would make a new profession... and a new kind of service that could be offered to the "public"


    anyhow see it how you will...
    Player Register: PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    PostHistorys Calypso Trade Booth
    F.O.M.A Shop #3 -=PostHistorys Space Bizaar=-
    Professional In Rebalancing All Trade Economies

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Follow Planet Calypso on Twitter  Follow Planet Calypso on Facebook