PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Detritus the Troll
    Images

MAGA: Make the Auction Great Again

1. Most importantly: please give us free input on the price, or at least add two decimal points to the spinners so that we can sell any quantity at market rate. This seems so bloody obvious it just makes me irrationally angry. I'm so tired of having to keep fidgeting with my stack size until I can get the right stack amount to sell at a reasonable rate. Also sick of having to TT non-stackable loot because the one click up on the spinner makes it 160% and the market rate is 110%. Give us back some of the MU you keep taking from us.

2. Why is there no text search on Orders -> Available? You already have the code for it since you use it on the other screens, yet you removed it from this one place so we have to flip through hundreds of pages to find the thing we are looking for.

3. Wishful thinking, but it would be nice to see the auction fee gone or reduced. Or at least make it a commission. You get your cut when the item sells, so that we don't lose peds on unsold items.

Feel free to add to the list.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Detritus View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    1. Most importantly: please give us free input on the price, or at least add two decimal points to the spinners so that we can sell any quantity at market rate. This seems so bloody obvious it just makes me irrationally angry. I'm so tired of having to keep fidgeting with my stack size until I can get the right stack amount to sell at a reasonable rate. Also sick of having to TT non-stackable loot because the one click up on the spinner makes it 160% and the market rate is 110%. Give us back some of the MU you keep taking from us.
    If my memory serves me right, the auction fee used to be a fixed 1 ped.
    Nice for selling big items, but not suitable for minimal cheap stuff.

Personally I dont think the auction should be changed to serve those tiny stacks.
    Tiny stacks belong on the street.
    Street buyers buy tiny stacks for tiny MU, and sell them in big stacks for a little more than a tiny MU.
    That creates jobs.
    Your MAGA would make those jobs obsolete and that would not please the MAGA inventor.

Also it would give the auction 3000 pages to browse though all those tiny stacks.
    Rather not.

3. Wishful thinking, but it would be nice to see the auction fee gone or reduced. Or at least make it a commission. You get your cut when the item sells, so that we don't lose peds on unsold items.

Feel free to add to the list.
    Losing ped on unsold items, sure, that sucks, happens to me all the time, but it's a sign that either your timing is wrong, or you just ask ridiculous prices, or a combination of both.

Removing that " penalty" would simply make people careless and just dump things on auction for ridiculous prices.
    It would become a big mess.
    This "penalty" makes people think twice before listing stuff.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Martin pmaniac Unlucky
    Images
    Not sure if removing auction fee is a smart move. People would be flooding market with crap which would slow down servers and in the end it might become a TT food because of like 100.1% MU

Cunning Haruto Rat
    Society
    fode et fuge
    Images
    Allowing unrestricted decimals in intermediate bids isn't feasible unless you want to see headlines like Gamer Dies Of Exhaustion During A Bidding War. Allowing decimals in SB and/or intermediate bids but keeping 1 PED minimum step will make it messy and confusing as people will raise by e.g. 1.03.

Allowing decimals only in BO could work - so that the possible bids go e.g. 18.00, 19.00, 19.45 (BO).

I'm not entirely neutral on this issue however, as my OpenOffice spreadsheet never gets tired and that gives me some edge.

//Haruto.99%
    There are many ways to skin a cat but just one way to boil a frog.

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Personally I dont think the auction should be changed to serve those tiny stacks.
    Tiny stacks belong on the street.
    It's not just about small stacks, it's also about non-stackables. And street selling is fine for people with nothing to do but stay logged in all day, but if you have limited time or play outside of peak hours you're screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by wizz View Post
    Losing ped on unsold items, sure, that sucks, happens to me all the time, but it's a sign that either your timing is wrong, or you just ask ridiculous prices, or a combination of both.

Removing that " penalty" would simply make people careless and just dump things on auction for ridiculous prices.
    It would become a big mess.
    This "penalty" makes people think twice before listing stuff.

People already dump things in the auction for ridiculous prices, I fail to see how this would make that great of a difference. I often have things go unsold for under MU, just because there's not enough demand that week. The economy is very slow right now. This would help ease the pain a bit.

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    It's not just about small stacks, it's also about non-stackables. And street selling is fine for people with nothing to do but stay logged in all day, but if you have limited time or play outside of peak hours you're screwed.
    no, you're not.
    Street selling usually takes a few minutes.
    Street buying takes all day. Since the buyers are on standby to buy at any time.
    At least that's how it was, but I have to be honest, I haven't visited twin peaks for a while now

Also, if you dont have the time, either stack up bigger or sell to tt and miss a few %.
    Time is money. That's how the game roles.

People already dump things in the auction for ridiculous prices, I fail to see how this would make that great of a difference.....
    Yes, that happens. And I dont care, since they paid 50 ped for each ridiculous offer they made.
    Do you care about that?
    Let them fill MA's pockets so we dont have to

Detritus the Troll
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Haruto Rat View Post
    Allowing unrestricted decimals in intermediate bids isn't feasible unless you want to see headlines like Gamer Dies Of Exhaustion During A Bidding War. Allowing decimals in SB and/or intermediate bids but keeping 1 PED minimum step will make it messy and confusing as people will raise by e.g. 1.03.

Allowing decimals only in BO could work - so that the possible bids go e.g. 18.00, 19.00, 19.45 (BO).
    Presumably there would be a minimal bid amount, like most auctions. AFAIK you can't raise a bid on Ebay by 1 cent either. I was thinking along the lines of your BO idea.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    James Jambon Zidane
    Society
    Shaolin
    Images
    Auction needs a decent amount of work IMO:

1. Auction fee to list should be removed. There should only be a fee if something actually sells.

2. Stackables should be handled in an exchange fashion where you add your quantity in and set a price. Then people buying can set how much they want to buy and their max price and it will buy that amount from the pool paying the lowest price up to your maximum if available. That way there is no more of this undercutting crap, or price fixing on small stacks or people overbuying more than they need.

3. Auctions should end at the time they are set to end and not extend with each bid. Instead there should be an autobid up to function like ebay. Where you set your max price and it will autobid in 10 pec increments for you up to that price. Solves the "let's spend the next 6 hours adding 1 ped to the price when there is less than a minute left" BS. Where one person is just hoping the other has to leave or drops connection so they can win.

4. You should be able to have an unlimited number of listings. If we go with the exchange format for stackables there won't be a risk of people having 1000's of pages for oil residue and such for sale.

5. There should be a search function for available orders. (not just order listings)

6. You should be able to grab item links from the available orders page.

7. We should have portable auction house tools just like the portable TT and repair. ZERO reason not to. In fact if MA is so concerned about performance having this tool would prevent dozens of avatars crowding around the same space lagging the system down to do trading all the time.

8. The 90% difference in markup warning needs to be fixed and should include the statement "you are about to sell 100 ___ for a total price of 100 ped (1 ped each)" with a 5 second cool down timer before a person can accept the listing. Right now it pops up when it shouldn't and is completely pointless as it's not preventing people from listing 1000 AUD's for 70 ped total.

9. You should be able to recall / search your history of auction purchases and sales beyond just the notifications that once you close are gone forever. I'd love to be able to review my history for various reasons.

10. There should be an option for external email notification. When you are outbid or win an auction it would be nice to get an email outside of entropia to let you know. This would be brilliant for MA because it's also great way to get people to log in more often. They get the email and they log into to adjust their bid and while they are in there why not do a quick hunt?

11. Search should auto parse out item links so you can just copy item links, paste it in and search to find copies of a item (broken L gun perhaps). Instead of having to remove the [ and ] first.

... Just a few ideas anyways.

Watching The End Of The Universe Since 2010...

Alpha
    Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
    Society
    Guess Who
    Images
    MAGA: Make the Auction Great Again
    No offense bud but can we please please stop using this phrase for anything meant to be taken serious?

This slogan is forever tainted with this Mango Mussolini connotation.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    If u remove auction fee add new uses for estates...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast