Suggestion: MAGA: Make the Auction Great Again

What conditions do you feel need to be met for a pleasant shopping experience outside the auctioneer?

the only unpleasant thing about shopping is the glitching through floors, getting stuck in walls and so on...
I already do 99% of my purchases from shops or P2P... it's just the selling part that would suck for me without auction ^^

What conditions do you feel need to be met for a pleasant shopping experience outside the auctioneer?

If there was a convenient terminal where I could look up what items were on sale and be able to buy them directly from said terminal instead of have to physically go to the shop.

Ah, refreshing to read it's not absolute impossible :D

As I said, certain conditions would have to be met first.

the only unpleasant thing about shopping is the glitching through floors, getting stuck in walls and so on...
I already do 99% of my purchases from shops or P2P... it's just the selling part that would suck for me without auction ^^

Yes, for sure, the mall bugs have to be exterminated. That speaks for itself.

If there was a convenient terminal where I could look up what items were on sale and be able to buy them directly from said terminal instead of have to physically go to the shop.

Many malls have a layout were the shops are displayed. Why not add it to our malls as well.

:rolleyes:

But I guess I'd just better stop dreaming, since it will never happen anyways.
We'll just have to face the fact that the malls were a dead born child.

But I guess I'd just better stop dreaming, since it will never happen anyways.
We'll just have to face the fact that the malls were a dead born child.

There's a reason malls are going away IRL also, now that people can just buy everything online. People want convenience. This game is tedious enough, why are you trying to make it more so?

On one hand, we are fooling ourselves thinking our time is so precious we have to shave off every second we can possibly save... because that's how we're built, that's the basic instinct that keeps us going.

But that's where we run into the Great Disconnect--all grinding games are made to waste your time...

Like, remember how bad we wanted vehicles?
Because, c'mon, other games have vehicles! Because vehicles're cool and because why not!
See!? Three good reasons right there.

Once we got vehicles we realized... Wait a minute, where did all the TP runs go?
We never bothered to think it through. To get from point A to point B as fast as possible isn't always a good thing... quite often it's the exact opposite.

OK, there's a difference between cutting off the boring repetitive things and cool interesting things. Yes, fair enough. Problem is, it's sometimes different things for different people... and sometimes it's simply because some people can see further into future than others.

Anyway, the OP's original vision is too simplistic. Auction can use some improvement but that's not how you do it. But if you read the topic you know that already. So, to finish it off on a positive note and to maintain the overall political balance in the thread, I would add my criticism--please, guys, don't misuse great slogans to promote stupid ideas, OK? :yup:

There's a reason malls are going away IRL also, now that people can just buy everything online. People want convenience. This game is tedious enough, why are you trying to make it more so?

I already gave the answer to this question but I will happily do it again.

* add realism
* remove that ever standing auction zombies avatars
* create (commercial) jobs
* add use to the implemented malls and shops

Let's be honest, everything will be automated in the future.
So, in 20 years, you will just look at your screen. The auto clicker will be replaced by an autoplayer. No need anymore to ever touch your mouse again. The computer will play for you.
Very convenient!

Great fun! Right?

I give up, y'all win. Sorry for being so "naive" and posting my "stupid ideas". Mods can close the thread if they want.

I give up, y'all win. Sorry for being so "naive" and posting my "stupid ideas". Mods can close the thread if they want.

dude, in brainstorms nobody wins and nobody loses.
literally 1001 suggestions threads made, and maybe 2 ideas ever got implemented.

Never stop dreaming!

we all react because we care. Don't forget that!

There will not, because there will be no players.

Or there will be players, but they won't be participating in trading, because it's too tedious.

I never participated in D2 trading, even "TT"'d BiS items because trading was too tedious.
I sold a lot in D3 when it still had an auction house.

Anyway, i would leave Entropia for sure if there's only very tedious trading.

What should be added imo, is a "bazaar" function like in FFXI, you basically are a mobile shop.
That function was cool, just craft hunting supplies, set up camp near hunting area, go afk/sleep, next morning have a lot of sales :D

yes yes yes.
It is a bad idea...

...with the current situation.

But please folks, just try to think out of the box just for a few seconds.

let me turn it around and make it a question.
Then, could those possibilities be met with the current infra structure?
Could we achieve a new shopping balance?

Please, dont think that I just want to auctioneer to be removed like that.
Certain conditions have to be met first. But I'm a firm believer that those conditions COULD be met if we want.

*edit*
How could people ever drive carts without horses??
You're crazy!!!
How could people ever fly???
you're crazy!!!

Stop thinking in limitations, and start thinking in possibilities!!

Thinking out of the box... All my loot, ores, enmats and things I craft are now all TT trash because the $400USD I deposited isn't enough and I should have to deposit another $1500USD to buy a store (as if store deeds are going to be as cheap as $15,000 PED when they are in limited supply and the only way to sell loot) just so I could sell it. No thank you. Hard PASS.

I think you could...

You are going full hyperbole just to prove your point. There's no need for that.

My opinion is that removing the auction house is a terrible idea that would hinder an already slow market. You think removing the AH would be great? fine, suit yourself.

Btw, it's not so much that I'm lazy (which I am) but mostly that I have very limited time to actually play and I don't want to waste it browsing shops (which are still buggy as hell).

...Remove the auction and create a searchable mall/shop/booth database that is searchable with a clickable ‘virtual within virtual’ shopping experience that maybe uses a portable headset(L) and is craftable or maybe continue the parallel systems but only have portable headset for player shopping databases

I.e. you open you headset, it goes to player based shop items, you find what u want, click and it takes u to shop ‘virtually’, u would shop in private, and when done you ‘appear’ back where u left...

Brick

Thinking out of the box... All my loot, ores, enmats and things I craft are now all TT trash because the $400USD I deposited isn't enough and I should have to deposit another $1500USD to buy a store (as if store deeds are going to be as cheap as $15,000 PED when they are in limited supply and the only way to sell loot) just so I could sell it. No thank you. Hard PASS.

Did you actually read my posts before you commented??

You dont need to buy a shop.
You leave that to the shop owners.
The shop owners employ purchasers (you know, the guys that shout in twin peak that they buy stuff).
The purchasers buy your wares on the street and the shopowners sell them in their shops.

Hey, darn, this just looks like the real world?!?!
It's not that difficult to understand.

But yuk, that's to much realism!!! Thats something we dont want here. bah!

Back