Powerfist hunting log

Bomo

Old
Greetings Entropians !​

This will be attempting something as unusual as a powerfist hunting log.

There are a few reasons for this. A while ago I set myself the goal of raising melee skills past 5 k for each weapon type. I already finished short blades, are nearly done whit long blades and have done a good bit of powerfist hunting before. ( before loot 2.0 ) Still got whip and club at low levels.

Since I am keeping a hunting log anyways, I thought I would post the result here and bring you guys along for the ride. Perhaps it can serve as a guide or inspiration for more people to start melee hunting, or at least help to keep myself motivated. I have been taking a long break from the game, so there are some new skills ( like looter ) and a whole new loot system. So another goal of this log is to get a better understanding of how these changes have affected the game, and gain some new skills.

One thing I noticed from in game chat and here on the forums, is all the talk about efficiency. The weapon I'm using is the Laughlin Smacker Two. It got an efficiency of 51.9 %. Not the worst possible weapon, but certainly not in the high end either. It will be interesting to see how well this weapon performs. I will be using a melee amplifier just to get a bit more damage( 57.6 % efficiency whit amplifier ).

My main goal is to gain skills, but I will attempt to hunt as economically as possible. I will try to keep this log going until I reach my goal of 5k powerfist skill. ( current skill level 3626 )

Hunting set up

Weapon
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Weapon&id=534
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Attachment&id=193

Fap. whatever works, I'm using the herb box.
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=FAP&id=116

Armour
Pixie whit 2C plates
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Armor&id=26
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Plating&id=6

Mob of choice. Starting out whit Kerberos, but will likely change or try other stuff later on.
http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Mob&id=114

Disclaimer : I do other hunting on higher level mob's, also some mining and crafting. This could have an effect on loot returns.

Overall Result.

New update

ArmourFapWeaponLootMUResult.TTResult.MUReturn % TTReturn % TT+MU
524.6240.3224194.7823456.56336-1303.16-967.1694.73%96.09%

Last update

ArmourFapWeaponLootMUResult.TTResult.MUReturn % TTReturn % TT+MU
496.0738.2923283.2022626.24323-1191.32-868.3294.99%96.35%

Last edited:
Run 1

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

ArmourFapWeaponLootMUResult.TTResult.MUNote/HoF/Global
2.560150.74138.282-15.02-13.0213 ped global

Starting out whit a small loss. The spawn at Boreas tp is great though, there are plenty of mob's so minimal time spent running around.

Last edited:
Good luck on your powerfisting adventure , one of my favorites.

Thank you for the encouragement guys !

Run 2.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

Run 3.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

3.030154.27151.191-6.11-5.11Start stage 3

Got a few more hunting runs done.

Nothing special during run 2, but a few 4 - 5 ped loots turned it into a nice profit anyways. Almost made up for the bad first run.

Forgot to mention I'm also doing the iron hunting mission. Stage 1 was done already during the first run. Stage 2 was finished during run 3.

One run is until the amp needs repairs. It takes about 2 hours and each kills roughly 150 mob's.
Gaining something like 8 powerfist skill points from each run.

Run 4.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

Run 5.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

3.050152.02163.8218.759.7527 ped global

Run 6.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

Did some more fisting, and apparently Lootious liked it. A 27 ped global during run 5, whit a full tt Regeneration chip III (L), muscle oil and scrap, made the run into a nice little profit. And overall numbers have now turned into green.
Also picked up a stage 1 daily hunting mission on Kerberos, and got an easy token.

A little more detail of why I chose the Kerberos. It really is because of my weapon. While most powerfist have a good attack speed, many of them also have a low damage output. There are more powerful fists in the game, but they are very rare and the ( L ) versions do not get crafted and put on auction often.
So this limit your hunting range to lower level mob's.

Since you have no range whit melee combat you don't want to spend half of your time running around looking for the next target, so having a dense spawn is good. On the other hand, you don't want too many aggressive mob's on you at the same time, so thing get out of control.

The Kerberos have a low health regeneration and low aggression. This makes it quite easy to just head into the pack and start punching away. They do two of the most common damage types, so nearly all of the low level armours can be used.
Loot wise they drop a few basic recourses that can be sold for a small markup. A typical run gives me about 50 ped worth of muscle oil and a few ped's of thin wool.
It's might not be much gain markup wise, but if you keep a large enough bankroll and can save up some larger stacks of these recourses, you can gain a bit extra cash when selling on the auction.
Something that might be important for a new player who just started out and want to try and stretch the budget.
On the other hand, as a hunter you should also try to avoid having to much money tied up in materials. So try to pick targets that drop a few easy to sell items, and TT the rest.

I should mention I have enough evade skills to avoid many of the attacks and enough health to not having used the fap at all so far. A newer players should probably expect a little higher armour decay and having to heal a few times.

Run 7.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.610151.42164.03110.0011.0012 ped global

Run 8.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.400152.53191.64136.7137.7150 ped global

Things are going better then expected. Got a 12 ped global during run 7 and the first "real" one during run 8. Worth 50 peds, all of it was scrap though. Still, after a rough start, things seem to have evened out and the last 5 runs have all turned a small profit. Wonder how long this will last ?

Run 9.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.650152.58138.891-16.34-15.3412 ped global

Run 10.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.290151.81166.81212.7114.7126 & 13 ped globals

Run 11.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.880151.78125.131-29.53-28.5315 ped global

Not quite unexpected, the good streak ended. A loss on run 9, despite a small global. But already on run 10 ( the first run whit two globals 26 and 13 peds ) some of that got recovered. Those two runs look very identical to run 1 + 2. First a loss, then a profit run that almost make up for it.

But things turned bad on run 11. A 29 ped loss, the largest yet on a single run, giving this run a 80 % return rate.

The overall numbers are still slightly in green though. Finished stage 3 and started on stage 4 of the iron hunting challenge.

Nice log :)
I think when you do the runs without Armor, you would gain Skills in Paramedic/First Aid. This skills are worth Gold in Future. :laugh:

I wish you much luck and Fun :wtg::wtg:

Greetz

Freddy

To best achieve Optimal Loot:
Be sure to have the Hit Ability and Damage profession requirements maxed (10.0/10.0) on the weapon your avatar is using.
Avoid over-amping (using a weapon amplifier that adds more than 50% of the maximum damage of the weapon to which it is equipped).
Minimize healing costs and the need to interrupt damage dealing to heal.

Nice log :)
I think when you do the runs without Armor, you would gain Skills in Paramedic/First Aid. This skills are worth Gold in Future. :laugh:

I wish you much luck and Fun :wtg::wtg:

Greetz

Freddy

Thank you for the suggestion.

I will not be doing this on Kerberos, the spawn is just too dense and whit a slow killing speed, I often have 2 - 3 mobs attacking at the same time. It would be a lot of fapping during a 2 hour run, and that would probably result in 5 - 10 ped fap decay on each run. And I did set as secondary goal to try and do it as economical as possible

But I might try your suggestion later on, if I switch to a different mob type whit less dense spawn.

Run 12.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.960152.08213.10158.0659.0616, 18 and 45 ped globals

Run 13.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.800151.75194.41239.8641.8669 ped

Run 14.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.550151.57108.681-45.44-44.44FEN event start

Run 15.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.950152.08140.801-14.23-13.23One FEN gold token

Both run 12 and 13 gave high returns and pushed overall results back into a solid +. One run had 3 globals, the other just one, but whit the highest value yet. 69 ped.
But it didn't last for long. Whatever it was the start of the FEN event, or just time to pay back, run 14 set a new all time low record. Another loss on run 15, and things are more or less evened out again.

Looted one FEN gold token on run 15. I will just count it for TT value of 1 ped for now. If they should somehow end up whit markup, or have their price adjusted due to a mistake from MA, I will adjust the price later.

So far I have gained about 200 powerfist skill, so quite some way to go yet.

Run 16.

Kerberos. Osere tp.

2.370152.08137.951-16.40-15.4021 ped

Run 17.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.660151.60117.121-37.14-36.122 FEN gold tokens

Run 18.

Kerberos. Osere tp.

2.430151.66156.6822.594.5913 ped. 2 FEN gold tokens

Run 19.

Kerberos. Osere tp.

2.490151.57122.271-31.79-30.79

More punching and turning red dots blue. Loot continues to be low. 4 losses in a row, a small break even run, and then another loss. Looted a few more FEN gold tokens.

Low loot seem to be a general trend though. Whit most of Entropias population who are able to carry a gun, out there pumping thousands of ped's into spiders at Takuta or Tukar desert, you would think some larger payouts would be happening. But as it usually is at the start of events, the system seem to be slow at adjusting to increased spending. Or perhaps I'm mistaken and people are getting good average returns ?

Anyways, I tried switching to Osere where there also is a nice Kerberos spawn to the Southeast. Not much of an improvement though.

I am getting close to finishing stage IV of the iron challenge, and might use the opportunity to try out some other low level creatures. It help whit the grinding when you have a goal you are working towards. I will try to find another hunting challenge mob. Stuff like Combibo, Foul, Snarksnot or Berycled should all be within rage of what my weapon can handle.

Run 20.

Snarksnot. North of Camp Icarus.

3.631.35152.22149.440-7.76-7.7614 ped global

Run 21.

Mermoth. NorthEast of Angelica's Paradise.

6.751.71152.40125.030-34.12-34.12

Run 22.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.830151.72107.471-47.08-46.08

Run 23.

Daikiba. East Odysseus Landing.

13.221.70151.91142.146-24.69-18.6911 ped global

Tried out some different mob's. Most of these creatures I haven't been hunting for years, apart from killing off a few random now and again when travelling somewhere. So it was mostly a test to see what kind of loot they dropped and if they would be suitable to hunt whit my equipment.

First a run on Snarksnot. Last time I hunted these was when they still regularly dropped Hunter armour parts and a hunting run would usually get you several pieces.
Things have changed quite a bit since those days though, and loot nowadays seem to be mainly eye oil and hides. While they are fine to hunt whit my setup, I think the lack of markup will make it hard to break even on these mob's.

Also tried a run on Mermoth.

Always liked these as mob type. Relatively slow and easy to hit if you use ranged combat, and a damage and hit point range where they would great for new players to hunt on the beaches around starter areas. Probably good for sweating too.
But loot wise they are lacking, Adrenal oil, wool and skin. Not really stuff that sells easily.

Then tried to hunt some Berycled.

Went around to every spawn I could think off, but either they had been removed or they were mixed in whit other mob's that do different types of damage.
So after spending some hours, where 20 % of the time was fighting Bery's and 80 % fighting other mob's, I gave up and ended the hunting run before finishing.
Quite a pity. The ones I did kill, seemed to have some interesting loot. Perhaps MA can find a empty spot of land somewhere for a pure mid / high level Berycled spawn.

Went looking for some Caudatergus around Jason.

Another mob I have fond memories off from the past. Looted 3 Nemesis harnesses off them in one day.
But after killing 50 or so, all I had seen was eye oil, hide and some tt value components. Another mob that just doesn't seem worth it for grinding trough the iron hunting mission.

Went back to Kerberos at Boras to see if loot had improved. It had not ! A -47 ped result on a 150 ped hunting run, did not put me in a celebrating mood.

Last try of the day was Daikiba / Shinkiba.

Tried out a few different places, but couldn't really find a good spawn. Either the maturities are too mixed up. Eg. Young next to Alpha, or the spawn spread out too thinly and you need to spend a lot of time running around.
Eventually ended up at the Daikiba event spawn near Odysseus Landing.

For the first wave, I could use the Pixie armour and powerfist without amplifier. Wave 2 Raskal armour and amplifier on and wave 3 Raskal + armour plates. Wave 4 was too much for my little powerfist to handle though, It just doesn't have enough power. Killed about half before the event timed out.

Loot wise they seem okay. Some wool, hide and paint and I got a few parts of Pixie armour and a low level sword (L) It's always nice to see real items in your loot, even if they are not worth much. I might give them another try later.

Last edited:
Nice log!

One thing: Why the small difference between ROI and ROI+ MU?
96.21% 97.08%

You should really find mobs that gives you a bit better MU return :) Shouldn't be too hard getting 1.5 - 2 % MU on top of tt return.

Berysled Rīegs

There is large clear Beruly spawn un Eudoria continent S from Ithaca island, direct N from Hangar TP

Forgot ClosestTP just lookup un entropedia

In spawn were just few Turp...

Resnis

There is large clear Beruly spawn un Eudoria continent S from Ithaca island, direct N from Hangar TP

Resnis

north of Corinth East Hangars, called Sharpclaw Ridge. It's around 64600, 86800.

Beware of regular "this loot belongs to someone else" there, because the bery swarms inexperienced players and kills them quite often. Maturity is Mature - Old Alfa, most of the mobs Prov/guards. Turps are an annoyance, but here's a challenge: Beat my 11 ped global on Turp Provider ;)

Nice log!

One thing: Why the small difference between ROI and ROI+ MU?
96.21% 97.08%

You should really find mobs that gives you a bit better MU return :) Shouldn't be too hard getting 1.5 - 2 % MU on top of tt return.

If you have any suggestions on what to hunt, I'll be happy to give it a try.

I am being a little cautious on MU, and just make a quick estimate on what it might sell for in auction. There would be room for improvement for someone spending the time doing trading.

Resnis

Thank you. I might take a look.

I am being a little cautious on MU, and just make a quick estimate on what it might sell for in auction. There would be room for improvement for someone spending the time doing trading.

I've had good results hunting Berycled. Plus, the Iron mission is good.

Good luck :)

Run 24.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

3.080151.55162.0997.4616.4619 ped global

Run 25.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.650151.93153.461-1.12-0.1213 & 27 ped globals

Run 26.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.730151.57221.72267.4269.421 FEN Gold token

Run 27.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.830153.12134.211-21.74-20.7415 ped global

Time to give Kerberos another try and see if loot had stabilized. First run dropped a Arsonistic III (L) mindforce chip worth about 23 peds, also a got a few peds worth of muscle oil from the same mob. Never got the swirlies though, so a silent global. A 19 ped loot a few min later and the run ended in a small profit. The Arso chip is the second type of item I gotten from Kerberos (excluding tokens), and it sold whit a nice little MU.

Third run of the day I got another FEN gold token, bringing it to a total of 6 looted from Kerberos so far. Didn't notice anything else during this hunting run, but got a nice surprise when finished. A large amount of oil, scrap and wool, turned it into a solid profit.

Finished stage IV of the iron hunting mission and started on stage V. This one is to kill 60 000 points worth, so quite some punching left to do.

A little more info on why I'm doing this in the first place. It's not that I aspire to be a great powerfirst hunter, I actually prefer guns. But you get a lot of useful skills from melee combat, and most of those skills raise your health.
While using guns, you typically try to do as much damage before the mob reaches you as possible. In melee you are up close and personal whit the mob's all the time, so you also get a increase in your defensive skills compared to ranged combat.

You get both agility and strength stats from melee combat, they are some of the largest contributors to overall health.
And most of the other general and combat skills also contributes to both health and defences.

http://planetcalypso.entropiawiki.com/Info.aspx?chart=Activity&id=30

My stats are at a level where they don't increase much from combat, but I do get some good skill gain in for example Martial Arts.
For a newer player, you would get both stats and skills, so melee combat is an excellent way of raising you health quickly.

If you prefer using guns, there is another reason for why you might consider melee combat. Typically you will gain the aim related combat skills faster then the damage ones. After a while of hunting, your hit and damage profession could start to grow apart.
This can make it difficult to find SIB weapons, where you get bonus to both categories. Melee combat don't give the aim related skills, but you do get the damage ones. So doing some melee combat, you can make your professions catch up to each other again.

Last edited:

Foul Young is a nice fit for your fist - 100 hp. With adj pixie + 2A they can swarm you and still do zero damage. I did my 16k iron on them with 96.5 % tt return, and the MU is good: Tier II components, paints, foul bones and extractors will probably bump your MU return >2 % (granted, I pew-pew with my laser gun, so I get 1 % return from shrap).

A pretty dense spawn can be found west of Troy, just a minute's flight with Sleipnir

I've felt the same thing regarding profession levels. Since i started hunting with knife, BLP and Laser professions started closing the gap between (HIT) and (DMG). Right now i am at lvl 32 knife (hit and dmg) and BLP is 37 HIT and 36 and a lot DMG.

As an added bonus, melee has skills for extra HP - Melee combat and Martial arts.

Like said above me, Foul Youngs are a good place to farm melee combat (iron mission reward). I also did that Iron and enjoyed it a lot (they drop Boar (L) parts). :laugh:

Foul Young is a nice fit for your fist - 100 hp. With adj pixie + 2A they can swarm you and still do zero damage. I did my 16k iron on them with 96.5 % tt return, and the MU is good: Tier II components, paints, foul bones and extractors will probably bump your MU return >2 % (granted, I pew-pew with my laser gun, so I get 1 % return from shrap).

A pretty dense spawn can be found west of Troy, just a minute's flight with Sleipnir

Thank you for the recommendation. I will give them a try later.

Run 28.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.540152.52100.521-54.54-53.54

Run 29.

Traeskeron. North Fort Victoria.

Run 30.

Traeskeron. North Fort Victoria.

Run 31.

Kerberos. Boreas tp.

2.890144.10126.911-20.08-19.08

Started whit a run on Kerberos, but loot was not good for me. They have been dropping some large HoF's the past days though, so some people are getting lucky.

I therefore moved to Fort Victoria to try out Traeskeron. These mobs do some acid damage, so I put on a set of Goblin armour whit 5B plates.
They are quite similar to the Kerberos, low aggression and a health level that fits well to my damage output. Loot wise they are also close. Muscle oil, olive paint and crafting components, all stuff that can be sold for a bit of MU.

The only real problem is how the event spawn mechanics work. There is a cool down of 15 min between events. That is to prevent farming of the bosses I guess. But since my hunting runs are about 2 hours, and I was the only one there, it gives some annoying waiting time.
If you are a little creative you can cut down on this by using a low level weapon to tag a handful of mob's just before the event times out. That will keep them from despawning and help pass the time until the event can be restarted.

It works somewhat okay, but a better solution would be if MA would consider making a small change to the spawn mechanics, so if the event times out during the first wave, it can be restarted immediately.

Anyways, I did two runs there and both turned a small profit. I got one item, a BCC or BBC or CCB or BCBBBCCB ( or whatever it's called) laser amplifier worth about 30 ped's. They do not seem to sell for much markup though, so it went into the TT.

After that I wanted to try out Merp. I never been a fan of those. In fact the only thing I can think off that's worse, would be those little fuc... yeah you probably guessed it, every ones hate mob number 1, Tantillion !
But Merp is was. There is a large spawn of Merp young just South from Orthos West Mound. They do Stab damage and my Pixie armour does not protect against that, so I put on a set of Shogun armour instead.

Loot wise they seem okay. Eye oil, wool and some components. But they are not good for melee hunting. I found they was sliding around in the most strange ways and I was missing half of the punches. Think the problem might be you are kinda clipping into their hitbox when they attack. ( not a problem when using ranged weapons )

Managed to kill enough to finish stage 2 of the iron challenge, but then I had enough and went to do something else. Since it was only a half run, it's not included.

Last edited:
Have you not graduated yet? Adjusted Pixie would be a good armor to hunt all those mobs. Would replace the Pixie, shogun and goblin.

Back