Suggestion: Tokenization of game items

Status

WangXiang

Dominant
Society
Guardians of Evolution
Wangxiang WangXiang Tuxing
there's so much potential out there, but there is mainly one problem ... at least in 'this' universe ;)

the event system based on tokens will be fucked up very fast if you can't monetize your effort for suuuuch a long time. You can't even buy tokens or PM tokens for money or ped to buy your dream gun, and this sound crazy for me in an virtual economy based on real money. My mind is just stoping, when i'm thinking to this problem, i just can't understand it, from any posible economical reason. A buy out should be available, even if is more expensive then tokens for example. An effort of fighting for a year or more is extremly costly for everybody. Many give up to the race to gather tokens or will play for fun, and buy cheapest shit available, consumable for example with what tokens gained. And next time will not be in any other event fighting for tokens, is just a fact, he will play just for fun or none. Its my personal opinion ofc.

Last edited:
the event system based on tokens will be fucked up very fast if you can't monetize your effort for suuuuch a long time. You can't even buy tokens or PM tokens for money or ped to buy your dream gun, and this sound crazy for me in an virtual economy based on real money. My mind is just stoping, when i'm thinking to this problem, i just can't understand it, from any posible economical reason. A buy out should be available, even if is more expensive then tokens for example. Its my personal opinion ofc.

;)

Mindark doesn't really dig on "transparency".

I'm not really sure if any blockchain integration has much to offer EU at this time. While it would be nice to move crypto in and out there's not really a separate game or place to make use of this added complexity.

Mindark could just publish these stats. There's zero incentive to 'manage' the items through a secondary interface.

You might be interested in what ND appears to be doing with AmeVRica and all that. I don't follow too closely but I think he's onto this idea and at this point trying to get people to build games that interoperate from the start, using the neverdie wallet as a sort of 'control panel' for earned stats and bought items.

Or something, his press is hard for me to follow :confused: I might be off the mark.

''enhance how players trade and monetize their valuable items.'' whats that suppose to mean? how you can enhance something you cant trade or sell or buy, thats crazy man, no ofence.

''enhance how players trade and monetize their valuable items.'' whats that suppose to mean? how you can enhance something you cant trade or sell or buy, thats crazy man, no ofence.

Right in order to benefit from tokenization you need more than one place to use the item. Otherwise it's a big mess of a complex database that requires constant maintenance and an integrated system for basically the option to take you item out of EU and put it back in again.

I'm not alert to any other particular benefit for tokenizing virtual items, other than transportability at this time.

Yes, perhaps some added transparency would be incidental but this would be a mammoth effort when there is no other benefit provided by the blockchain. MA could publish if they wanted this information known.

EDIT: From the article:

Looking at DappRadar, exchanges have proven to be the most successful blockchain applications thus far.

OMG it hurts how much that made me laugh.

Blockchains are just fancy databases...

it is way more than that... for one lets just mention transparency.

Enjin token is on its way already and it will be a game changer IMO for many games. Of course EU won't implement it.

On different note MA already lost the game trying to come up with their brilliant idea of deep token.

Thank you all for your comments.

My suggestion has to do specifically with the tokenization of game items. The main benefits of this tokenization for players are provable scarcity and true ownership.

Other possible uses of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies for games are not mentioned in my post. Obviously, this is a much broader subject I did not want to address at this stage.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your comments.

My suggestion has to do specifically with the tokenization of game items. The main benefits of this tokenization for players are provable scarcity and true ownership.

Other possible uses of blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies for games are not mentioned in my post. Obviously, this is a much broader subject I did not want to address at this stage.

A blockchain does not in fact provide either of those properties. There's an entire pyramid of assumptions behind your statement.

A blockchain IS, in fact, a very inefficient database. MA could build the tools you want into the game with a higher level of trustworthiness and less complexity.

The fact that you seem to be implying you want the ability to trade items off the server is a whole other level of can of worms for a security conscious RCE. Not only are blockchains inherently inefficient with a cost/benefit ratio that's not right for this they are not 100% proof against exploits. Especially when they're running at relatively small sizes.

You can't have a serious conversation about "the benefits of tokenization" without considering the use case and the infrastructure. Bringing on the cost and complexity, as well as the real world financial security issues really don't seem to justify chasing a little tech buzz.

You all do know this was a feature of DeepToken that you all hated right?

MA tried and you all said 'fuck you MA'. Remember?:laugh:

Transparency eh?

For starters, let's just make everyone's item list public.

What could possibly go wrong? /s

A blockchain does not in fact provide either of those properties. There's an entire pyramid of assumptions behind your statement.

A blockchain IS, in fact, a very inefficient database. MA could build the tools you want into the game with a higher level of trustworthiness and less complexity.

The fact that you seem to be implying you want the ability to trade items off the server is a whole other level of can of worms for a security conscious RCE. Not only are blockchains inherently inefficient with a cost/benefit ratio that's not right for this they are not 100% proof against exploits. Especially when they're running at relatively small sizes.

you call it inefficient, but i think you totally missed the point of blockchains. if we could really trust all banks, central authorities, and even our game developers, there wouldn't be any need to develope worldwide trustless censorship resistant cryptosecured networks ... which, in my opinion, work very well already for their designed usecases.

and please don't get me wrong, but you can't trust mindark to deliver a fucking statue they've sold over a year ago. have fun implementing that on a blockchain...

A blockchain IS, in fact, a very inefficient database.

Rest assured, I know what blockchain technology IS :) This is only one component of the solution, and this is why I did not mention it in my first post.

Not only are blockchains inherently inefficient with a cost/benefit ratio that's not right for this they are not 100% proof against exploits. Especially when they're running at relatively small sizes.

It would be appropriate to use an existing blockchain infrastructure (large, public and secure), such as Ethereum for instance.

You can't have a serious conversation about "the benefits of tokenization" without considering the use case and the infrastructure. Bringing on the cost and complexity, as well as the real world financial security issues really don't seem to justify chasing a little tech buzz.

Creating ERC-721 tokens for some game items and linking the player's ethereum wallet to his/her EU account has implications for sure... Small startups do this every day.

Last edited:
You all do know this was a feature of DeepToken that you all hated right?

MA tried and you all said 'fuck you MA'. Remember?:laugh:

DeepToken was something else. It was a crypto-asset created for a specific purpose and had nothing to do with the tokenization of game items.

DeepToken was a bad project.

never mind. I dont know fuck about crypto. ( thought it was about ingame tokens)

Last edited:
tokeniwhat? that sounds like the nonsensical technobrabble ma are fond of nowadays - so don't suggest any of this shit to them or they will really do it!!! :mad:

DeepToken was something else. It was a crypto-asset created for a specific purpose and had nothing to do with the tokenization of game items.

DeepToken was a bad project.

it has very much to do with the tokenisation of game item ASSETS (i.e. the 3d models) though. read the whitepaper

never mind. I dont know fuck about crypto. ( thought it was about ingame tokens)

I agree with your (now deleted) post. I do not suggest to tokenize all game items in EU for a number of reasons (some you mentioned).

My suggestion would be to tokenize a very limited number of them, those that are very rare. Game items could even be specifically created for this purpose.

it has very much to do with the tokenisation of game item ASSETS (i.e. the 3d models) though. read the whitepaper

You don't need DeepTokens (or SuperficialTokens or whatever) to tokenize game assets. The creation of DeepTokens had nothing to do with this objective.

you certainly don't need them, but they will do it that way

You don't need DeepTokens (or SuperficialTokens or whatever) to tokenize game assets. The creation of DeepTokens had nothing to do with this objective.

You clearly didn't read the whitepaper then. They wanted to create a digital asset exchange where you could sell tokenized items from the game...

Yeah ok, I can understand wanting to have a chat about the "magic of tokenization" without having to consider any of the messy actuality of it.

But how do you get tokenized items without tokens?

You clearly didn't read the whitepaper then. They wanted to create a digital asset exchange where you could sell tokenized items from the game...

You clearly don't understand that DeepTokens are not needed to tokenize game items. I don't care about DeepTokens.

Last edited:
Yeah ok, I can understand wanting to have a chat about the "magic of tokenization" without having to consider any of the messy actuality of it.

But how do you get tokenized items without tokens?

You use an existing blockchain, let's take Ethereum for example. And you create ERC-20 or ERC-721 tokens for each of the (or each category of) game items you want to tokenize.

You don't need to create DeepTokens or any kind of specific cryptocurrency for this purpose.

You use an existing blockchain, let's take Ethereum for example. And you create ERC-20 or ERC-721 tokens for each of the (or each category of) game items you want to tokenize.

You don't need to create DeepTokens or any kind of specific cryptocurrency for this purpose.

deeptoken or how to give a bonus "good bye" for change CEO :rolleyes:

deeptoken is in fact a erc-20 token. They do use an existing blockchain. Etherium in fact.

So what are you trying to say?

deeptoken is in fact a erc-20 token. They do use an existing blockchain. Etherium in fact.

So what are you trying to say?

I know that DeepToken is an ERC-20 token on the Ethereum (not Etherium :D) blockchain. I say that we don't need DeepTokens to tokenize game items.

If you don't believe me or don't get it, I don't have time to convince you, sorry.

How do you trade them?

Status
Back