PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources

View Poll Results: Should MA put fishing in?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • HELL YES!

30 61.22%
  • I'm a vegetarian, so no.

9 18.37%
  • No opinion on fishing.

10 20.41%
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Fishing!

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Thomas LMTR14 Reisinger

Fishing!

make it so ma

on top of fishing, cooking and proper gardening (not that shit you need a house for) and harvesting of wild plants could be implemented. all those things would give players temp buffs (or even permanent buffs?) and/or serve some other purpose

as for the actual fishing, it should be a kind of minigame, not just rng. e.g. like in torchlight. and of course rarely, you hook in items instead of fish

bait, luck and skill would determine the kind of fish you can get (baitmaking = new crafting profession)

current "fish" monsters in the game should be left intact (don't think continuity-wise that would be too much of a problem in this game)
    Last edited by LMTR14; 10-11-2018 at 09:11.
    My anime/manga/video game blog: http://supersanereviews.blogspot.co.at/

Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
    Society
    The Ministry
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by LMTR14 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    make it so ma

on top of fishing, cooking and proper gardening (not that shit you need a house for) and harvesting of wild plants could be implemented. all those things would give players temp buffs (or even permanent buffs?) and/or serve some other purpose
    it's already there!

http://www.entropiawiki.com/Info.asp...ishing%20Spear

Just go spearfish ripper snappers with it!

Fishing rods are just to lame! Spearfishing is the way to go!

*edit* PS, a lot of vegetarians jus dont eat meat but they do eat fish (which is of course crazy, but hey, veggies are a crazy bunch!)
    wi

Old
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Lethal Greeneyed Kookaburra
    Make pvp great agan.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Carmen XXX Electra
    Society
    Agents of Chaos 2.0
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by KokaBurra View Post
    Make pvp great agan.
    This!

Fishing why not, but repair existing parts of game first.
    Make lootable pvp great again !
    Medusa's Bazaar floor 2, shop 5 - Level 3, 7 and D-class amps and depth enhancers
    Medusa's Bazaar floor 2, shop 6 - weapon damage enhancers

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Gloria GoNi Nicestyle
    Society
    freelancer
    Images
    Without a proper cooking system, speak food that gives buffs or heals or combination of that, fishing does not make much sense.

Still voted yes, as it would be a nice addition.

but

First fix the bugs, befor working on new systems
    Then deliver systems that have been advertised long ago (Space Transport System, Voting System)
    and
    deliver content that has been sold/advertised long ago (Statues, more Landplots 1 plot/9 CLDS)

So even yes, it should be low priority!

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rickard Rick England
    Society
    Jurai Blood
    Images
    Yeah...attach a magnetic fly and boom you pull a gun out of the water. I like it.

Problem is it couldn't be like real fishing, you wouldn't want to sit there for 4 hours waiting for a bite. So I guess you would be reeling those fish in at a pretty fast rate. The fish gind.....hahaha.

So lets think how it would work. You load up your rod with ammo (aka bait) attach a reel and maybe add a float(like an amp).

You drag a bar off a fish and click it to cast out and instantly catch it with "attempt hook" (like taming), type of thing. You would need some sort of annimation, so maybe thats your float bobbing about in the water.

Or maybe sitting in a boat wont work, and you'd have to use a harpoon type weapon instead. So you swim in the water with the fish and harpoon them....so funny. That could work with the systems we have.

You harpoon a Levi and it drags you across the water when it runs, until your "attempt hook" is complete...hahahaha. My imagination playing tricks on me.

Certain fish get a little red heart or similar to taming marker on them, to show they are fishable.

It's ok calling for fishing, its how it would work with the game we have already that needs to be thought out.

Rick
    Izgood (JB) "EU enhances my split personality"
    MA can pay you if they want too.
    Do not confuse kindness with weakness.
    Chance favours the prepared mind.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I chose auction but the ui of the game is one of its strong points and I don't need any overhaul there. much more important to work on functionality and bug fixes (and no, the fact those are handled by different teams DOESN'T MATTER as the boss of ma can hire and allocate as many people as he wants for one of these roles but company budget is limited so more ui people DO take money away that could be spent on more bugfix and game development people!)

ps: think of the last part they "overhauled", the mission tracker. that was HORRIBLE AND TO THIS DAY IT IS STILL BUGGED AS FUCK AND UGLY AS SHIT
    In another thread, you just this. Now you are proposing a whole new system. Which is it?

That said, no harm in fishing.

Peace, Miles
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.
    Albert Bartlett

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Thomas LMTR14 Reisinger
    Quote Originally Posted by Miles View Post
    In another thread, you just this. Now you are proposing a whole new system. Which is it?

That said, no harm in fishing.

Peace, Miles
    huh? the ui is the user interface. the way menus look, the fact you can drag everything around on the screen where you want it, the options available etc. in many games you wish you had a customizable interface like that (e.g. league of legends ). how a game controls is one of the most important aspects, and I think that works perfectly fine in eu). can't see any connection with my wish for a new content element or two

yeah and fishing should definitely not just be another kind of taming. it needs different mechanics in order to be interesting, a proper minigame. maybe something like doing a manual in the tony hawk's games if you know what I mean (keeping the balance with left and right), should be simple enough to program. also it could even involve boats and a sonar so you have to find fish first and can try to look for specific ones.

PS: fixing or improving existing elements just isn't ma style. easier to get them to add something new I believe

<
    <| |==<
    <

yeah so much for ascii, forum doesn't let me do it
    Last edited by LMTR14; 10-11-2018 at 14:44.
    My anime/manga/video game blog: http://supersanereviews.blogspot.co.at/

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Stanley Miles Stardust
    Society
    Al-Nahar Wanderers
    Blog Entries
    Images
    huh? the ui is the user interface. the way menus look, the fact you can drag everything around on the screen where you want it, the options available etc. in many games you wish you had a customizable interface like that (e.g. league of legends ). how a game controls is one of the most important aspects, and I think that works perfectly fine in eu). can't see any connection with my wish for a new content element or two

yeah and fishing should definitely not just be another kind of taming. it needs different mechanics in order to be interesting, a proper minigame. maybe something like doing a manual in the tony hawk's games if you know what I mean (keeping the balance with left and right), should be simple enough to program. also it could even involve boats and a sonar so you have to find fish first and can try to look for specific ones.
    I do know what the UI is, I've worked on them for a living.

My point of contrast was this: Should the limited resources that MA has be devoted to building a whole new system - fishing - or completing/fixing existing functionality? I think fishing is fine, but there are many incomplete systems - space - and long term bugs - insert your list here - that be need to be addressed, which seemed to be your main point. Fishing would be a small thing, and given the state of the universe, it's not where I want MA spending time and money.

I take your point about the interface to a degree, but it's a mixed bag of good and bad.

Peace, Miles

P.S. If MA does add fishing, I'll go fish
    "The greatest shortcoming of the human race is our inability to understand the exponential function.
    Albert Bartlett

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Hass Hassan Ingram
    Society
    Dark Knights - Squires
    Images
    how about just reverse the game back to 2010, re implment all the updates since then one by one but without fucking the whole system and econemy up?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast