Does time logged out affect loot?

jambon

Stalker
Society
Shaolin
James Jambon Zidane
I can't help but notice that it seems that very frequently some of the biggest hits on a daily basis go towards returning players that have been gone for extended periods of time (from a couple months to a couple years).

Personally, I've always found that my loot seems to be be better when I come back after not logging in for a week or a month or longer. Whenever I get into a habit of playing everyday for an extended period of time I find my returns diminish VERY quickly. I may start off regularly getting 95% - 110%+ after first returning but after playing every day for a week or two my returns seem to drop off to closer to 85% - 90% no matter what I do.

Even when I hit my ATH in crafting I had spent the last several months prior to that basically logging in for 5 - 10 minutes every few days to sell gear and skills. After amassing about 10k in peds I decided to blow it all on a crafting run. I did a final deposit (for luck) and went at it. During the 2 days after starting the periodic crafts I hit a number of regular HoFs (2k - 4k) before hitting the 162k. Ever after hitting that I hit a 10k a few hours later. I'm wondering if my luck in hitting that had something to do with my inactivity and chipping out at the time.

Perhaps it's just a coincidence or maybe there is some sort of invisible buff put on returning players that amps up their loot briefly to try to get them hooked and depositing again. What are your thoughts? Have you noticed something similar?

Last edited:
Can confirm. Never took break, always getting crap loot :p

Gather data for a month every hof 1k+ search the person on tracker and try to establish if theres any merit to the theory (i suspect there isnt but dont like to shoot down theories without data to back myself up) far too lazy /dont care enough to do it myself but i suppose the results would be interesting. Without proper test over long period its just anecdotal and ofc people can be active for long time without any tracker prescence (small mobs/niche planets) before hitting an uber hof so even that test would have flaws.

For some useless anecdotal data i ran really well when i first returned from 3year+ break over an extended period but i have since had a similar period of rungood having been active the whole time.

can confirm.

Got a 1680 ped merry snarg welcome back bonus in 2016 after 3 years of inactivity.

I would say that more ppl would confirm that phenomenone. But I experienced exact oposite. Couple years of inactivity two times a no welcome back hof or so. Nothing like that even after few weeks of inactivity due to huge looses. In contrary my loots tent to be way way better while playing almost nonstop.

How much is deposited prior to relog may have something to with it....

They do keep track or else would not base gifts on amounts deposited

There is some sort of rewarding when you come back from a break. Wont be any if you had your normal return based on looter/efficiency. But take it like this in a period that u should get 95% return and u have 90% yeah u can expect the 5% back after the break. "Worth to take a break for your peds back?" i go for no...eventually i always recover my peds.

Last edited:
I don't necessarily believe that a break is the only way to get some divine intervention. It probably depends on your high roller tag and gambler scoring as well. I'm sure MA look out for the "we're about to break him" indicators, then throw a golden goose at you. Sometimes their timing is wrong and they push too far, sometimes they get it right and reward in time.

Sometimes it's often done in subtle ways, call it little gifts here and there, trying to keep the big tanker moving and players relatively happy.

It kills some of the magic though. My question has always been "is it really all set to sh*t, unless I get some divine intervention". Know what I mean.

Rick

they must rather play on the limit of the bearable, when they see that after having fucked well the pedcard of his client he does not play for a long time, they prefer released a little. on the other hand a player who logout and login and continues to deposit despite the loss he does not expect a big bonus this is rare.

I've heard of those 'welcome back' HOFs, but my personal experience either contradicts this or I am simply the exception that proves the rule.

After long breaks my loot generally sucks big time, while the best drops and multipliers where in periods where I grinded a lot.

stay in game for 48 hours straight and you will get an idea :smoke: (but not afk ofc)

Got my only tower after coming back after 9 months of not login in.
Doesn't mean anything per se.

I been away for months, years at times.

Don't recall getting a "welcome gift".

:(

I been away for months, years at times.

Don't recall getting a "welcome gift".

:(

dd you try sending a support case?

You're surely entitled to one! :tongue2:

Apparently, yes.

unknown.png

Yeah Slyk, but that could be down to.... meh, f*** it, i have no words for that

I say NO, but why does it look like that?

Well, when a player come back after a break he may come with a deposit or has collected a fair amount of PED from deeds.
Now this player back very likely cycles more in a short than he did on average befor taking the break, what directly generates a higher chance of a nice HoF hit.

If I would log out for half a year and then come back, this exactly would be the situation (deposit + deed income), much more cycled than what I normally do.

Well, when a player come back after a break he may come with a deposit or has collected a fair amount of PED from deeds.
Now this player back very likely cycles more in a short than he did on average befor taking the break, what directly generates a higher chance of a nice HoF hit.

If I would log out for half a year and then come back, this exactly would be the situation (deposit + deed income), much more cycled than what I normally do.

that doesn't mean that he is entitled to more/better/bigger luck than 99.5% of active and depositing players, as they're the ones who paid for mindark's salaries, the servers, and the profiting player's profits, in this or any other guys break. if he's just an alt played from the same IP as an EP4 gambler, i'm fully ok with it. :laugh:

No. Check the screenshot I posted. This dude has obviously never been a big cycler.....WAY less than me, and tons more people I know. He also came back and his first multi was 5-digit, so, he obviously didn't cycle tons of ped and only get 1 swirl, which happened to be 10k :p

maybe i'll test that theory ... would be a blast to return in 10 years, and watch all the promises were delivered in the meantime, and then get that uberhof. just to withdraw, and see ya in 10.

I had almost zero activity from August 2017 to mid April 2018.
June I had a small deposit I think and had a 178 ped Warrior Gen 6

I REALLY came back and started to deposit a lot and play a lot in Jul for the Summer Mayhem and then migration.
I went on to deposit a few hundred dollars (I can't f-in believe it)
Largest loot was a 615 Proteron Hof, 307 ped LT global, 406 Eomon Young Hof

Almost 8 months of no activity followed by a few months of minimal activity/ minimal spending then a increase in spending a lot /playing often gave me a 615 loot.
I always believed in a welcome back hof, but usually only get it because I deposit a few hundred and cycle it. At that point it's just pay back to get me closer to 90% if lucky.

Back