PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Calypso, the center or EU

Whether we like it or not, Calypso is the center of the US for many reasons: It is the first planet, it belongs to MA, it is the largest and with the greatest variety of mobs ...

What I see is that their position is not correct on the star map: except RT and Cyrene, which fall nearby, travel to Arkadia becomes heavy, and NI or toulan, two beautiful planets, the distance is excessive, which without doubt is in the depopulation they suffer, in addition to the negligence of their owners and the little help that MA gives their PP.

The solution I think would be a new distribution of the star map, placing Calypso in the center of the US, so that it would be equidistant from the rest of the planets ... a great help that would favor travel and trade even more ...

What do you think?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    BackBone Angelina Praias
    Images
    Its a nice and simple idea. 1 vote from me

Elite
    Become a premium member today and enjoy enhanced PlanetCalypsoForum features!
    Gender | Ingame
    Female | Female
    New York Rose
    Society
    -= Shaolin =-
    Images
    Personally, I like the idea.

I agree with the idea that it would encourage travel as well, my thoughts would be Space services would not like it, as more people would attempt to just fly the short distance themselves.
    Last edited by Thorns Rose; 10-12-2018 at 07:31. Reason: italics

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images
    interesting idea, BUT ONLY if it's a full circle like the Ark moon is now, and can be entered AND EXITED from any side... for instance. Map each sector in the main map to different exit locations in the safe zone.... so if you take off from any of the malls, you'd end up on different sides of the planet.... you wouldn't always land directly at PA mall coming in either...

could even map out 'safe zone paths' to each planet from the center... so zone isn't just a small area, but an entire path. Maybe paths to center are safe, non pvp, but paths around outer edges aren't or something? Want to shortcut from Toulan to any other planet than Calypso and you are risking being lootable, etc.

Whatever you do, don't re-add the planet entry fee!... Perhaps go one better and lower the decay fraction that thrusters take...

Could also add in planet to planet tp for any tp chips but make it cost a bit more to do planet to planet hop than it does to do regular hops. Never made much since that a 'wormhole' cannot go from one planet to the next...

This idea could be extended in to the whole story idea... and how each planet is connected storywise... You know how, like in Star Trek mythology you have the different zones, alpha, delta, gamma, etc. You could extend that idea in this game somewhat...

extending the idea so that Deep space out past each planet follows the story further in to that planet's mythological/theme base, etc. Go out past Arkadia heads in to Oratan Space Empire, Go past Monria and you'll be in Cthulu themed asteroids, Head past Rocktropia and you'll get some interesting and odd Music themed asteroids... Could even track that part of the map to 'known' space that ultimately leads to places like the Mars colony mentioned in the History of Calypso, etc.

http://www.entropiaplanets.com/wiki/...ory_of_Calypso

Orbital hotels around Earth became very popular resorts. A permanent station, half way to the moon, was constructed to allow shuttle traffic to a permanent base on the moon. A larger space station was later constructed in orbit around Mars to prepare the planet for colonization and it didn't take long before both the moon and Mars became the most populated new settlements away from Earth. Space cruising adventures, hotel resorts on both the moon and Mars became vacation franchises. These space resorts combined scientific research with corporate excavations for new resources, and the construction of these mines and refineries pushed the development of new space age technology forward. All this advanced technology would help Man adapt to the new environments and allow him to expand his horizons even further. Mankind had taken the final step into space.
    Even though signal transmissions had become instant within the solar system the physical means of travel was still quite primitive. Fusion Engines could take space vessels to the colony on Mars in a few months
    Last edited by mastermesh; 10-12-2018 at 09:20.

Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Edward MrEddie James
    Society
    SHOOT N LOOT
    Yes very good idea..Thumbs up !!

Quote Originally Posted by Thorns Rose View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Personally, I like the idea.

I agree with the idea that it would encourage travel as well, my thoughts would be Space services would not like it, as more people would attempt to just fly the short distance themselves.
    well, but the trip Cyrene-Toulan, or Arkadia-Rocktropia is very long, even with the modificaion, so, space services are necesary yet...

anyway, the MS today... its use is for skilling or kill mobs, i dont see another use...

by the way... im reading all the answers... amazing the imagination of the EU community.... if MA wants listen us, EU could be not the best game, EU could be THE GAME....

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    Society
    Space Police
    Images
    Awesome Idea,,, if your looking to crash the MU of the items you mine and hunt for... lets do it...

Besides it will only encourage more people into space... has my support....
    Player Register: PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    PostHistorys Calypso Trade Booth
    F.O.M.A Shop #3 -=PostHistorys Space Bizaar=-
    Professional In Rebalancing All Trade Economies

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    BackBone Angelina Praias
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Post_History View Post
    Awesome Idea,,, if your looking to crash the MU of the items you mine and hunt for... lets do it...

Besides it will only encourage more people into space... has my support....
    I was already expecting pirates to come cry here

If Calypso is the center of the map, players will have 360 freedom of movement, instead of the small arc that it is now. Pirates will be pissed because it is no longer like shooting fish in a barrel.
    Last edited by BackBone; 10-12-2018 at 12:48.

Old Alpha
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    Society
    Space Police
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BackBone View Post
    I was already expecting pirates to come cry here

If Calypso is the center of the map, players will have 360 of freedom of movement, instead of the small arc that it is now. Pirates will be pissed because it is no longer like shooting fish in a barrel.
    don't know if you have noticed or not... probably not since your not a space person.. but we have given up on caly in the most part so... not sure how you take what I have said as a cry... all I was saying is its likely to cause a crash in the MU... I would be happy to see more people in space... and this would do that...
    Player Register: PostHistory PostHistory Hax
    PostHistorys Calypso Trade Booth
    F.O.M.A Shop #3 -=PostHistorys Space Bizaar=-
    Professional In Rebalancing All Trade Economies

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast