FEN Event Announcement

Well it's simple. You get 55-65 ped per platinum token. That's an extra global in my book, so it's pure profit on top of the "real" globals.
If you think for one second there is another reason that people are hunting the spiders then I guess you do.
Good luck with your thoughts.
We all lose and bori gets the prize.
The people in here are all right. This is NOT a 15 year celebration event. It's not even an uber event, it's not about high skill. It's an event for the richest of the richest to get the main prize. (and maybe one of them pistols).

Bori didn't go for a prize yet. Statica was the first then Rufus. But they payed heavy $ for those. They payed $ to hunters that were killing spiders and other stuff. Going for the main prize in this anniversary event take something that most people don't have: proper determination ($). Having an account with crap gear and low skills was never enough to go for the main prize in this game. When THAT will be the case, it will be a gamblers' event. Until then, I think the main prize is for everyone that is hunting at the moment :cool:

The people in here are all right. This is NOT a 15 year celebration event. It's not even an uber event, it's not about high skill. It's an event for the richest of the richest to get the main prize. (and maybe one of them pistols).

So now you know this is an uber event do the opposite.Keep all tokens for you, talk to all your noob friends to keep their tokens and don't feed the ubers.
I cant wait to see all those super rich ubers crying with tons of peds ready to purchase but get nothing and they have to struggle hunting token by token.
Afterall nobody did stop you to become uber since 2004 until now.Everything was at your disposal , you just had to trust the system and put the peds where your mouth is.The game died too many times and its rising every single time and in the meantime nobody learn shit from the history of the game.

can't believe how many people get tricked into thinking that this is about the prizes when it is about THE TOKENS THEMSELVES

Going for the main prize in this anniversary event take something that most people don't have: proper determination ($)

I put plenty of opinion into the thread regarding the 'mysterious' FEN vendor. I haven't seen any need for it here since withthe actual event announcement, Mindark fully clarified their intent. It's not really a matter of opinion any more.

With that said, I'm here to point out that the two quotes from LMTR14 and Evey are 100% correct and without arguing whether or not $$ = Determination Evey's posts about the event are pretty much spot on.

This is how we roll now. MA gave us the pass to <several players>'s wallets for a couple weeks and we're over here arguing about the price of a TP chip or some L10 gear. lol :confused:

It's a point I've been making repeatedly really. There's L10 players with money, too.

Clock's ticking....

I thought about coming out of retirement for this, but nothing for miners, so nice job MA! My wallet thanks you.

Maybe see you guys at the 20th if MA hasn't folded by then.

So now you know this is an uber event do the opposite.Keep all tokens for you, talk to all your noob friends to keep their tokens and don't feed the ubers.
I cant wait to see all those super rich ubers crying with tons of peds ready to purchase but get nothing and they have to struggle hunting token by token.
Afterall nobody did stop you to become uber since 2004 until now.Everything was at your disposal , you just had to trust the system and put the peds where your mouth is.The game died too many times and its rising every single time and in the meantime nobody learn shit from the history of the game.

I am in Berlin on holiday. I will play the game the way I like it. It is not up to you nor up to any one player to tell me how when why or if I should spend my peds. I might still not be uber in 20 or 50 years time. It is none of your business.
My skill or eagerness for skill has nothing to do with my opinion.
This still is not a 15 year celebration event. The first wave baret means more than any prize here. Mindark should have put some items in loot. Some clothes, some items with a special "hurray 15" logo or something. They should also have considered other professions. Miners,crafters,resource gatherers, make up artists, colorers, etc etc. The other prizes can still be here for the people who wish to fight/pay for it.
You can buy 150 of the platinum ones here btw: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?306397-110-FEN-platinum-tokens

Last edited:
I do not see too much problem at this event, just do not do it (like me given the items they announced).
Personally it does not change me too much SGA or TEN :rolleyes: and then given that it is the 15 years of birthday in theory those who are since 15 years are largely able to chase mob lvl50 + and so it is supposed to be intended for them .
for those who buy platiniums tokens at tt + 30/60 I'm laugh well, MA fucked you well this year.

Afterall nobody did stop you to become uber since 2004 until now.Everything was at your disposal , you just had to trust the system and put the peds where your mouth is.

What makes you think everyone wants to be an uber? Some of us just want to play casually at our own pace, with no real end goal.

Not everyone needs their ego stroked or has to show off their e-peen, bro.

ArMatrix SB-10 FEN Edition
  • Cost: 250 FEN Token Platinum + 25 PED
  • Quantity Available: 15
  • Max Value: 25 PED
  • Efficiency: 72.40
  • Max Damage: 22.5
  • Uses per minute: 68.42
  • Damage per PEC: 4.2386
  • Damage per second: 25.66

Only one melee weapon and it's total trash. This makes me sad. The few modern era melee weapons we have are either at the top of the totem pole or the very bottom with nothing in between. Can we see some more melee weapons represented please? Blades, clubs, whips, anything...

Agree with Messi & Evey

This event is pretty much a validation to me for the efforts I've put in since beginning EU 2~ years ago. Like normal, people who don't grind as heavily as I are still getting lucky hof's but I am putting in the time and effort for tokens. Those same people who get luck 6k+ hof's aren't also looting FEN items out from under others and instantly gaining a 50k ped item. It's small chunks you can keep or sell. Every kill is a potential prize and those who are willing to put in the most time and effort are getting the most prizes.

Don't have the time? But have the funds? Perfect, you can buy into the items also.

I do agree there should be more melee weapons

I am in Berlin on holiday. I will play the game the way I like it. It is not up to you nor up to any one player to tell me how when why or if I should spend my peds. I might still not be uber in 20 or 50 years time. It is none of your business.
My skill or eagerness for skill has nothing to do with my opinion.
This still is not a 15 year celebration event. The first wave baret means more than any prize here. Mindark should have put some items in loot. Some clothes, some items with a special "hurray 15" logo or something. They should also have considered other professions. Miners,crafters,resource gatherers, make up artists, colorers, etc etc. The other prizes can still be here for the people who wish to fight/pay for it.
You can buy 150 of the platinum ones here btw: https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?306397-110-FEN-platinum-tokens

You are in Berlin fine, We are playing the game.So you enjoy your holiday while we are enjoying the game.
You play the game the way you like it which is fine but we are all playing under the same rules: Mindark rules.I can only assume since you always not happy about the result that you do something wrong while most of us are enjoying what we are doing.
Its obviously not my business if you decide to stay noob forever or become uber whatever you do its solely your business but thats not what bother me.The game is evolving and your mindset isn't since 2005.Just accept you are not in control what Mindark decide and go full trust in their ideas if you want to play the game from now on.
This event is for everyone.The only problem is that people are different and they think their avatar should be in the circle of the universe and the universe should bend upon their requests.Wake up its not.
Send a support case with some suggestions and wait few years until they decide to implement it or not.
Until then we will continue to play and skill up and getting prepared whats coming ahead.

Have seen much worse events in the past, for me its ok, although I don´t think to have a chance to get one of the UBER items.

That doesn´t matter much to me, it brings some fun and the tokens (if sold) is a good chance to break even.

Not bad event, i should say...
People hunt,get tokens,sell tokens...cool prizes,all good.MA should trow such events more often.
But for fk sake who celebrate 15 years anniversary in so lame way? Birthday should be fun and party and most of all good memories for all afterwards. Event is ok,not bad,but will we remember it after 2-3 years. For sure there will be dozen items with FEN in name and thats it.
Will we say in chat something like" Oh during FEN event...Oh that was a cool time" ? I really doubt that.
MA did have a chance to sell us something magnificent to remember,but failed.
Event is not bad in the way we talk about meal in local pizzeria with friends,but if someone thinks it is the way to celebrate big anniversary, I feel sorry for that poor soul.

Great Event, a bit late for me as I sold all my hunting stuff and its to much effort to buy everything back, so I will stay with mining I guess

Araneatrox Young is easy to hunt with midlevel skills and stuff, so no need to complain about "uber whine blabla"

Great Event, a bit late for me as I sold all my hunting stuff and its to much effort to buy everything back, so I will stay with mining I guess

Araneatrox Young is easy to hunt with midlevel skills and stuff, so no need to complain about "uber whine blabla"

you seem to forget that midlevel nowadays is around level 100 :D

All in all a decent event...

The Pros:
  • Some uber gear up for grabs
  • Platinum tokens have some sweet markup for the time being
  • A decent selection of lvl 50+ mobs that can be hunted by mid-level hunters with some decent L armor and guns. Not too expensive to get setup with a set of (L) jag or angel + Plate 8's and your max level L armatrix gun + amp.

The Cons:
  • MA kind of dropped the ball on the gold tokens. They should be 1 pec each to make the purchase price of L items not insane! But with them at 1 ped the purchase price doens't make sense for anything
  • There's a shortage of melee prizes available
  • They left miners and crafters out in the cold (thus far...)

Would be nice if there were some lootable goodies thrown into the mix. Off the top of my head I'm thinking make it possible to loot the pills, make some FEN strongboxes that can loot some of the limited items, add in a couple new clothing items and maybe bridge the gap with newer players by having low level FEN UL gear lootable. IE being able to loot a FEN edition Bukin Rifle, FEN edition Armatrix LP-5...etc. Lower end gear that it still nice and could have a little markup of a couple hundred peds but nothing super uber that's going to piss people off if looted by a 2 week old player lol it's win-win in my opinion.

Anyways, important thing that everyone is overlooking currently is their statement:
Throughout the FEN Event, special creature spawns will be added periodically, along with potential mini-events related to the FEN celebration.

FEN has just started and it's not to say there isn't going to be a lot of other cool stuff happening during this time in tandem with the mayhem events.... Perhaps L FEN gear lootable in this years mayhem boxes???? Who knows - I'm hoping MA has got some exciting plans up their sleeves still with this event.

So far though I'm pretty happy with it. It may not be a perfect event but I'm still giving it a thumbs up!

I don't know why everyone is complaining. At the very least it is easy markup, meaning free PED for you.

I don't understand the gold token prices but hey that's fine, i'll sell them for 2-3ped/ea no problem.

Thanks for the unexpected event MA!

My conclusion after reading these 16 pages.

This event has no real festivity that actually celebrates anything.
It's just a plain grind fest.

Nothing to be found in loot that remembers us of old ages.
Just a ordinary grind fest for tokens.

No 15 year anniversary items.

Just token items.

I'm not saying it's a failed event, since activity is enormous. So, people are swallowing it.
But nothing that makes it a fest!

Lets be honest, for some it's has NOTHING to do with a 15 year anniversary. Since they're just around for 5 years, how uber and how archmaster they might be.
How can you expect from them to even care about the history? They just care about skill and tokens.
And that's fine since they pay my CLD revenue. Thanks for that!

Personally I would have liked to see some old item drops. Drops for everybody from all mobs.
Sure, dont expect any uber stuff from noob mobs, but as mentioned before, some old school clothes or other small old time stuff would have been nice. Just for the sake of the memory.

But lets be honest, that memory is slowly fading.The Project Entropians are outnumbered by the entropia millennials.
I see a generation gap here.
That's normal though. We have to accept that old days are gone. Gone for good.

So, onwards we go. Let the grind continue!
Adept, or be gone!

You are in Berlin fine, We are playing the game.So you enjoy your holiday while we are enjoying the game.
You play the game the way you like it which is fine but we are all playing under the same rules: Mindark rules.I can only assume since you always not happy about the result that you do something wrong while most of us are enjoying what we are doing.
Its obviously not my business if you decide to stay noob forever or become uber whatever you do its solely your business but thats not what bother me.The game is evolving and your mindset isn't since 2005.Just accept you are not in control what Mindark decide and go full trust in their ideas if you want to play the game from now on.
This event is for everyone.The only problem is that people are different and they think their avatar should be in the circle of the universe and the universe should bend upon their requests.Wake up its not.
Send a support case with some suggestions and wait few years until they decide to implement it or not.
Until then we will continue to play and skill up and getting prepared whats coming ahead.

I don't understand what you are replying to at all. I didn't say anything you are claiming I did. Read the post you are replying to? That helps.
All I am saying that this isn't a 15 year celebration event.
I am fine with Mindark's rules. I have no problem landing my loot. I never have had problems with that. Got a 1500 ped Daikiba 2 days ago. And before you play the kerberos card, check my entropialife. Your fixation on becoming uber is what it is. Your fixation. Wake up, there are other ways to play this game. You dont have to have the most skills or the biggest weapon or to spend 24/7 in here to be succesfull. You can also have a life.

Its a 3 month event, they say even in announcement there are surprises to come they also have to work on halloween mayhem atm. This is a good start, gets activity up a fuck ton, economy boosted (in some areas anyway, gl getting any mu on pancreas oil for next 10 years :laugh: ) some interesting items in trader for people to work towards etc. If they gave you everything right now the 3month event would be out of steam within 1 month.

Things that should happen going forward (imo)

change gold tokens to 1pec, this ones pretty crucial but im guessing it may be too late and not possible for them to revert in an acceptable manner, but it is a big deal. Could simply leave things as they are and add a third token valued at 1pec to loot table removing golds and make items in vendor buyable with both or golds convertable to new ones difference paid in ua (like aaakas mini keys)

Some varied options in weapons melee, mf chips (not just arson as you cant hunt with arson alone) clubs, swords etc options for everyone.

Some FEN items in loot, can hold back some UL items for now dont want them all looted in first week like usual BUT at very least add L versions of all the FEN trader stuff to lootpool. Also gives people a chance to test the weapon and see if they want to work to UL version. Can also add some items now that dont require any sort of game balancing/approval to create. FEN clothes/masks/vehicles/ etc and start working on some others.

Add some special FEN boxes or items to Sooto for miners.

Some FEN addition item blueprints added to pool, preferrably that use large amounts of stuff thats being farmed into the ground atm.

Fen friendly Atrox prowlers and stalkers now spawning on LA40 atrox valley

Dna was set yesterday should be lots by now :)

3 DNA with a nice clean spawn

there are other ways to play this game. You dont have to have the most skills or the biggest weapon or to spend 24/7 in here to be succesfull. You can also have a life.

Could not say it any better :)

there are other ways to play this game. You dont have to have the most skills or the biggest weapon or to spend 24/7 in here to be succesfull. You can also have a life.

Ahhh, there it is. The most famous phrase in video games since their beginning, trying to say that the hardcore players of the game are so good at it because they might not have a life. The inferiority complex reaches levels so high that this justification of one's failure spills. It's usually thrown as an insult.

I've always said, this game means different things to different people and more or less skills does not make someone more or less superior - everyone should play at the pace they enjoy. But throwing the tag or nolifer at those that are hardcore, because THIS is what they enjoy doing, is very very narrow minded.

Saying you're fine with your level and equipment BUT constantly bitching about everything plus blaming the hardcore players is not being fine with you're progression at all. Might wanna check that out.

Ahhh, there it is. The most famous phrase in video games since their beginning, trying to say that the hardcore players of the game are so good at it because they might not have a life. The inferiority complex reaches levels so high that this justification of one's failure spills. It's usually thrown as an insult.

I've always said, this game means different things to different people and more or less skills does not make someone more or less superior - everyone should play at the pace they enjoy. But throwing the tag or nolifer at those that are hardcore, because THIS is what they enjoy doing, is very very narrow minded.

Saying you're fine with your level and equipment BUT constantly bitching about everything plus blaming the hardcore players is not being fine with you're progression at all. Might wanna check that out.

It's better to say "My life does not permit the level of play you deem normal, but that in no way makes me a lesser player. other than in raw skills." For me, reaching level 75 in my primary profession has taken 11 years, but given the time and budget my life permits, and the skilling conditions that have existed, I see it as an accomplishment I am proud of, and that is what matters. I hope you enjoy the level and style of play you peruse, and the time and budget you have available to do it. My only advice is to not make assumptions about the real life situations players face, and not to judge their actions through your own."

There, I said it :D

Peace, Miles

I don't understand what you are replying to at all. I didn't say anything you are claiming I did. Read the post you are replying to? That helps.
All I am saying that this isn't a 15 year celebration event.
I am fine with Mindark's rules. I have no problem landing my loot. I never have had problems with that. Got a 1500 ped Daikiba 2 days ago. And before you play the kerberos card, check my entropialife. Your fixation on becoming uber is what it is. Your fixation. Wake up, there are other ways to play this game. You dont have to have the most skills or the biggest weapon or to spend 24/7 in here to be succesfull. You can also have a life.

So fine, you say this is not a 15 year celebration event.Mindark tell us all it is.You don't like it go live your life but don't tell us about it here.Use social media we will never enter there to give indication about how you do and if you do well etc.
Exactly there are other ways to play the game SO PLAY IT instead of constantly bitching like an old !!!! 24/7.
Play at your level and use game mechanics and life experience (since you have a lot of it) to explore the game and be happy about it and eventually stop fucking complaining all the time on every official release.
Longstory short : this event is for everyone playing the game.If its not you are playing the wrong game and you have 15 years + history to read about it and adjust until next time Mindark announce their next event in which you will probably complain again like "the usual suspects" in the last 5 years.
Move on.

So fine, you say this is not a 15 year celebration event.Mindark tell us all it is.You don't like it go live your life but don't tell us about it here.Use social media we will never enter there to give indication about how you do and if you do well etc.
Exactly there are other ways to play the game SO PLAY IT instead of constantly bitching like an old !!!! 24/7.
Play at your level and use game mechanics and life experience (since you have a lot of it) to explore the game and be happy about it and eventually stop fucking complaining all the time on every official release.
Longstory short : this event is for everyone playing the game.If its not you are playing the wrong game and you have 15 years + history to read about it and adjust until next time Mindark announce their next event in which you will probably complain again like "the usual suspects" in the last 5 years.
Move on.

Stop playing the skills card and I will stop playing the life card, ok?
Only thing I said was that this isnt a 15 year celebration event. And that the biggest wallet wins. If you think that is excessive complaining, then go read entropiaplanets.com
15 years. 3 years, 4 months. An opinion is an opinion.
And I will post mine in here unless a moderator stops me.

Only thing I said was that this isnt a 15 year celebration event. And that the biggest wallet wins. If you think that is excessive complaining, then go read entropiaplanets.com

Most of the players that have a clue about the game wins, not just big wallets.Big wallets win in a very long run not as you might think.
I read entropliaplanets when I am very close to vomit and its exactly what I need to complete my task.I have about 95% of the people posting there on the ignore list in advance just to make sure my mental health while playing the game is still in a good shape.
You feel free to post as many opinions you feel like.I will always be here to reply when you are wrong.
Meanwhile enjoy your vacation.Don't waste precious time fighting people on the internet if you do have something else better to do.

To be fair this is an RCE game. Has there ever been an event where the biggest wallet doesn't win?

you dont need to WIN to win, quite the opposite, events like this always provide many oppurtunities for players of all levels and budgets to profit/skill up for free etc if youre smart about it (and actually this one in paticular is pretty idiot proof) you can do well. Sure its not as glamorous as winning your cat or getting your hands on the best gear ingame on the cheap BUT it gets you closer to those goals while also making you some ped and gaining vital experience in the competitive enviroment

Back