Resources with amps (or not)

LeelooM

Prowler
Society
Spectra
Leeloo Leeloo Mountain
So I was mining dianthus ..... unamped at a spot I regular go to and was getting some.

Since mu was going up I tried the same spot with amp 2 and .... no dianthus, tried it day after day.

Now I wonder what resources you can get with an amp and what finder.

Is there any difference on other planets or not?

I want to make a list, but I need your help :)

Let us know what you got with what finder and what amp

Here the list with resources that you

find with a certain amp

Planet/Resource/Finder/AMP

Sample : Caly/Belkar/F-106/Amp13

Also let us know if you get boxes - any out of ordinary - beacons when amped

Arkadia

Arkadia Moon

Caly

Cyrene

Foma

Monria

Next Island

Rocktopia

Toulan

Last edited:
EDIT: It seems miners don't share their info :(

PS @MOD: Delete this if required please

Last edited:
Hi Leeloo,

Here is what I have to share:

higher MU ore/enmatter I have found with D-Class:

dian, nik, duru, gazz, igni
kanerium, vesperdite, redulite, gold, terru, typo, cave saps, devils tail, heren steams, solis beans, and pearls

with level 13s:

globalled on vesp and gold, also found a SOOTO with 2 mining boxes and a beacon in it last night.

Caly, tk-120/D-class, plat/quant and xeremite

Also found F-105/D-class, 2x Sooto (mining strongboxes)

Last edited:
I must have missed this back when it was posted. I did a bit of testing after April to about June 2017 on this actually between unamped and level 5 at some of my best Dianthus spots. I would drop unamped until I found a claim, then switched to amps until I found a claim, etc. to account for anything that would confound over time. After 241 drops, I hit Dianthus 17% of the time unamped, and absolutely no hits with a level 5 amp. I was cautious about just chance or other factors causing it, so I also spread it out over time a bit and three different locations. The statistical tests showed there was a significant effect of a level 5 amp decreasing Dianthus hits (p < 0.005), so what I saw wasn't due to just chance.

I know I used to be able to get amples with a D-class on Dianthus, but just before this testing was when I noticed I wasn't hitting Dianthus while amped. I've noticed a similar problem with my Devil's Tail hotspots too (otherwise I'd be using level 13 amps regularly in those spots, which I have tried). I did hit Dianthus once when I wasn't doing this formal testing with a level 5, but that was only a modest. Either there's a permanent amped cap on certain resources like Dianthus, or something else triggers that cap like total Dianthus currently held by players > x. I'd be curious how things go for smaller amps though.

I noticed 100% the same things but couldn't figure out how things where triggered

I think I started noticing this while you where extremely occupied with work :ahh:

Can do the same on dianthus amped as I do with garcen now, but then I need to fly to ark every day where I get 19,55% dianthus out of 100 drops :eyecrazy:
The area is very big (about 800 drops) but here again only a small part gives very nice return on dianthus

some game mechanics

as game mechanics are not really shared by mindark this is an opinion, not fact. Its a possible explanation

All stuff in entropia is capped. In loot v1 the server recalculated what could drop every 45 minutes. I think the time frame is changed but the refresh idea is still same

That means some materials are just less available. That will raise the markup.

If you hit a find the system will determine the tt value first and after that it will find the resource that fits the tt value available.

Suppose the system has 5 ped danthius ready for a find and you use an amp and you find 6 ped. That means no danthius. The system will find something else for you.

so imo low quantity ores/enmatter wont be found amped but they will be found unamped.

Just a thought, good luck

as game mechanics are not really shared by mindark this is an opinion, not fact. Its a possible explanation

If you hit a find the system will determine the tt value first and after that it will find the resource that fits the tt value available.

That part at the least seems to be pretty solid. If you take the high TT resources like Valurite worth 6 ped a stone, you're not going to find it easily unless you are amped a bit. There at least has to be a calculation early on determining TT of the find followed by a check on what resources can be given out without being < 1 item.

Beyond that, it's tough to formally test whether caps based on total amount in player hands exist. I've tried a little bit of that with Dianthus, but haven't found anything that really predicts resource availability yet aside from this amped Dianthus case.

If this theory is true. Then there's a sweet spot amp for each location to get best mu.

Fact:

SOOTO with boxes is possible with amps.

Terramaster + L5 amp

Indoor Redulite and Dianthus on NE of Moon even with amp.

You can get SOOTO amped inside mining several boxes and beacons.

Gold can hof.

Redulite can hof.

Shinook areas are pretty obvious when you see miners getting globals of Belkar :p then boom Redulite hof.

Terrudite and dianthus in Toggo cave in Ark Under can hof but not that usual.

Wenrex can be found amped on any depth aswell as bismuth in desert.

There is a spot of nice Devil's Tail on Hell.

So as far as mark up ores with amps.... I find their liklihood is decreased and that each amp has a certain tendency to either bring up, or not bring up, certain resources...

I've noticed some resources like spawning in bigger deposits, and those I often do find with amps still just less commonly. I've also noticed some resources don't really like ever spawning unamped above a certain small amount, and then I never see those with an amp....except extremely rarely.

I find it's not necessary a RESTRICTION, it's a reduction in probability. It seems to work differently for each ore too, and change as the economic availability of the resource changes(when they're adjusting something back, which I paid attention due to your posts, I notice I get far fewer amped finds, yet when they're adjusting up, I find much less restriction on amped finds).

I also notice that this seems location dependent, each general area seems to have tendencies to either hit with amps, or miss with amps. It's like amping up changes the overall areas of where resources are made available to offer fewer points of high markup available, but....there are some I can reliably hit with an amp. However I need more data so it's not napkin speculation and such...

I'm still trying to get enough data together in order to have a useful data sample...when I do I'll pm you.

I think that you'll have some interesting questions for me, too. My questions in mining are more along THESE lines, and other dynamics, not TT return or 'where do I find this'.
My questions I had for you in regards to a mining mentorship are all purely 'why does this happen when I do this?'. :silly2:

If this theory is true. Then there's a sweet spot amp for each location to get best mu.

I am really starting to feel that yes, in each area each amp will get different overall results, though they follow a somewhat predictable pattern(not hand edited 'does this amp work for it?' but related to the amp efficiency).
I also think if you were to get data samples in a list of areas, with all amps tested, then we would see some of the amps are really good in certain areas for certain resources. However if you're say, amped and looking for redulite, your number of places in the game available to you is greatly decreased. I need more data to say for sure, however.

That part at the least seems to be pretty solid. If you take the high TT resources like Valurite worth 6 ped a stone, you're not going to find it easily unless you are amped a bit. There at least has to be a calculation early on determining TT of the find followed by a check on what resources can be given out without being < 1 item.

Beyond that, it's tough to formally test whether caps based on total amount in player hands exist. I've tried a little bit of that with Dianthus, but haven't found anything that really predicts resource availability yet aside from this amped Dianthus case.

I was under the feeling that when you find claims with amps, the calculation of what is to be found might be done as follows.... efficiency reduces this base TT, meaning it's harder to find higher rarity or TT materials, after which the amp increases the claim by a certain amount in order to yield your end TT.
If an amp is appearing to give say, a 10x multiplier, then you might be getting (5 ped TT ore / 5) *50 instead....however once again I need more data to say for sure.

Last edited:

The same goes for Kirtz, when using amp 2 you will get it more often than without amp because of the TT value.

Concerning the dianthus, it seems on a few spots I've had, hardly contain dianthus anymore ^^ Been going there over and over again and never got that much as before.
Very strange cause mu is going down, so it's prolly re-located.

i tend to see that there are caps on certain ores in areas. for example an area has 100 drops size.
Now i go unamped and find gold 5 times with a combined value of 15 peds.
Now i use bigger amps for the whole area (like 13-20 peds a drop and up).
When its the first run of the day i tend to find gold exactly one time.

Ive done this over and over and over and it tends to be the case that there are caps oon ores per region and when the cap is reached it will regen again after like 30 minutes or an hour. sometimes a little more

Back