Next batch of FEN items are being added when?

I dont read it that way, its more why need so many plat tokens for a L10 gun ???

It could also be available for way less tokens, and a 100 PED MU on the tokens could be acceptable.

Atm even the 15 PED MU on tokens is to much to make the lowish gun a good pick for the tokens :)

If it's there it doesn't mean that you have to buy it. At least not now... I know it's hard when you like something, but, it's a matter of strategy and opportunity.

If it's there it doesn't mean that you have to buy it. At least not now... I know it's hard when you like something, but, it's a matter of strategy and opportunity.

Except in this game, if you really want something you generally have to buy it quickly...otherwise a reseller will buy it and then list it straight away at a higher price.....so you end up paying more for it later or just have to miss out altogether

15 years are not better than 10 years.

There are plans to add completely new items to the FEN Token Trader periodically throughout the event.

Will MA make an announcement when new items are added, or will we need to check Token Trader periodically to find new items have been added?

Rethink your statement one more time.. Wouldn't the reseller be the perfect guy to ask?

An experienced high end reseller has all the knowledge needed to evaluate costs.

From experience:

They know how much a player that wants something is willing to pay for something (e.g. max price)
They know how low someone is willing to sell something for in a hurry (e.g. minimum price)
They can, surely, figure out that the value is somewhere in between this. (likely a bit higher than minimum, and quite a bit lower than maximum)

So who better to employ for balancing event cost ratios than an experienced high end reseller?

On a side note, MA should hire a mathematician/statistician with the sole purpose of doing these kinds of things for new items (in case they don´t already have one, in which case they should replace him/her. :D)

no, you want market to dictate price not a reseller, as a former reseller my self, you don't want people like this in charge of your economy lol.

Will MA make an announcement when new items are added, or will we need to check Token Trader periodically to find new items have been added?

well we have to check the forum daily in case they randomly decide to start an event, no (causing me to miss the first few days of the event)? I mean all of this shit could (and by that I mean MUST) be announced IN-GAME by a towncrier npc...

no, you want market to dictate price not a reseller, as a former reseller my self, you don't want people like this in charge of your economy lol.

not sure whether I :confused: or :laugh: more about this post

I wonder hard what you think a "reseller" is, much less a "former reseller" :confused:

An active trader ingame definately would be bad balancing manager (collition of interests).

Example:

Trader hords a large amount of any resource, then tells MA, this resource needs to have more demand, then price raise when this demand is generated and reseller is making a personal profit.

This could also go the other way around, trader wants to hord a large amount of something and tells MA there is to low supply of this resource, so MA increase drop rate, and reseller can hoard a cheaper price, then at later point telling MA, the increase of drop rate was to high, MA lowers it, price go up again, and trader making the profit.

Active trader definately bad as balancing manager, hope you get the point.
It would be insider trading, which is illegal in RL !!!

An active trader ingame definately would be bad balancing manager (collition of interests).

Example:

Trader hords a large amount of any resource, then tells MA, this resource needs to have more demand, then price raise when this demand is generated and reseller is making a personal profit.

This could also go the other way around, trader wants to hord a large amount of something and tells MA there is to low supply of this resource, so MA increase drop rate, and reseller can hoard a cheaper price, then at later point telling MA, the increase of drop rate was to high, MA lowers it, price go up again, and trader making the profit.

Just have them sign a contract and sue them if they do that? Like literally any other financial business? Jesus some of you are so daft and paranoid.

They prevent insider trading the same way... It's not difficult....

Just have them sign a contract and sue them if they do that? Like literally any other financial business? Jesus some of you are so daft and paranoid.

They prevent insider trading the same way... It's not difficult....

is that the reason why there is no corruption in this world? because you can sue people?

You are not wrong. I don't think it's totally over, but for the intended purpose it is. I'd enjoy getting a set of the armor plates, but the idea of using my tokens to get a buff pill seems dumb. 25 peds for a buff?
The item selection is poor, the quantity is horrible, the fun is nil.
Why not add some "fun" stuff. Clothes, decorations, fireworks, etc?
Not sure I get it either, something is missing.

I agree.
I hope it is more UL stuff to be added. :wtg:

Market will always dictate price in an RCE? I really don´t understand your point. What I refered to in my post was the cost ratio between the different items. My post was however made from the assumption that no thought had gone into the pricing of the different items (since i looked purely at the ratios of token amounts). How this has played out has made it abundantly clear however that they´ve done a great job.

Example:

When replying to quotes or referencing replies to quotes, it might be a good idea to read said quote before replying. In general, It´s very hard to hoard event items before the event :D

So who better to employ for balancing event cost ratios than an experienced high end reseller?

When talking about the cost ratios for event items. If the intention was be to keep token MU stable. I would most certainly like the input from an experienced high end reseller.

Heck, when balancing MU of anything (say for instance adding a new blueprint) I would like the input from an experienced reseller. What I´d like even more would be the input of several experienced resellers to somewhat mitigate the "personal gains"-factor.

But then again. MA probably has statistical tools for this, and every change they make is intended :)

Last edited:
Deleted...….

Last edited:
Waiting for the Halloween event, where items drop randomly and everyone has a chance of getting an item, rather that the same select few who have big credit cards!!!

Hope Halloween starts Friday.....

FEN event - new items..... same players will just pick off the best items so why bother putting in more items for the same players!!

Cause u can sell them ur hard grinded tokens ?

is that the reason why there is no corruption in this world? because you can sue people?

Literally the only thing stopping some people is legal action, and yes it can be quite effective for purposes like this.

I think the platinum token it should not have been trade able. I see the tokens as a sure chance of a player to get an item if he grind a lot. Than he can sold the items. Is wired how some players who are not grinders get items in loot, while other big grinders get nothing. This thing recently happen on CP, and another old example among others at SGA event a noob with a few globals get a mod Fap Sga at Daspletors. This things seems very strange for me.

Anyway...i can understand MA, because its hard to satisfy everyone (grinders and casual players too).

Respect!

Deleted...….

Last edited:
Cause u can sell them ur hard grinded tokens ?

Dont want to sell tokens, or buy tokens to "win" a price.

I want to participate to have a chance to actually "win" a price. However small that chance might be.

As it is now, you have exactly zero chance of winning anything.

Dont want to sell tokens, or buy tokens to "win" a price.

I want to participate to have a chance to actually "win" a price. However small that chance might be.

you have chance to win(grind) more mu

I think so many people are now stocked up with tokens that once some new items are added, there will be a glut of tokens available, which will not drive the price back up...…. but that's just my take on it!
I agree, that's why I think that:
1. There won't be any more weapons, armors, faps, uber items with high impact;
2. New FEN items will be decorative, clothing, or some very tools/attachments, maybe vehicles (even vehicles that allows you to escape pirates while going CP/FOMA? :D )

Pure BS. You have to do stuff in order to have a chance. The chance you think of is lottery. In previous events, all noobs could have gotten an uber item. Nowadays they can loot and sell parts of an uber item. Everyone can. Well, everyone mid level that can hunt mid level mobs. Getting an imp fap with 5 mobs killed per day is pretty stupid and I hope it never comes back.

I agree, that's why I think that:
1. There won't be any more weapons, armors, faps, uber items with high impact;
2. New FEN items will be decorative, clothing, or some very tools/attachments, maybe vehicles (even vehicles that allows you to escape pirates while going CP/FOMA? :D )

Pure BS. You have to do stuff in order to have a chance. The chance you think of is lottery. In previous events, all noobs could have gotten an uber item. Nowadays they can loot and sell parts of an uber item. Everyone can. Well, everyone mid level that can hunt mid level mobs. Getting an imp fap with 5 mobs killed per day is pretty stupid and I hope it never comes back.

having all uber items gone after less than a week in an event that is supposed to be 3 months long is pretty stupid as well, dont you think? best wouldve been to either have different tokens for different level of items or just make the tokens soulbound so you actually have to work for something to get it. but right now you could grind all you want, the reseller still "wins" the price.

having all uber items gone after less than a week in an event that is supposed to be 3 months long is pretty stupid as well, dont you think? best wouldve been to either have different tokens for different level of items or just make the tokens soulbound so you actually have to work for something to get it. but right now you could grind all you want, the reseller still "wins" the price.

My view on it could be a little bit biased since I grinded a lot for tokens (sold some, used some) and managed to get one of the guns.
I don't know if it's stupid but for sure it wasn't intended. MA didn't anticipate people selling so fast. They always overlook the RCE aspect lol
Just like the buffs, their intention was to level the playfield for most of the active people, but, instead, most of the people sold their rings, pills, tokens only valuing the PED... then, blaming everyone else and MA for their lack of progress in the game, hatinging those that take the initiative and that put more value in gear and skilling.

Thee will never be a fair system for everyone, since most of the people sell as soon as they have the chance, instead of keeping and using...

Pure BS. You have to do stuff in order to have a chance.

Oh?

How much tokens was needed for the guns 3k tokens ?

Now 5 tokens / 1000 PED cycled, thats 600k PED to cycle to get this 3k tokens.

Assuming you cycle 1k PED in 1 hr, then it is 600hrs = 25 days
Assuming you cycle 1k PED in 30min, still 12 days

Item gone in less than a week.

So where was the chance to win something for a grinder ???

Only way to win it, was to buy the tokens, speak a giveaway to those with the biggest PED card offering best MU for the tokens.

Not the spirit of a 15 year celebration event, if you ask me.

Sure the hunters who sold the tokens made some nice MU
The traders who bought and resold the tokens made a nice profit.

But no chance to win it by own activity, only by big PED card!

I really cant call that do stuff to win something, I simply call that buy something.

Assuming
Assuming
Assuming...

Pretty much sums it up. You assume everyone views the event the same as you do. Well, it's not like that.
Sure, those who barely ever hunt, they want those 5 mobs to mean something special with this celebrating period... they want festivities and such. No, Ma will not do that for you, they never did; get your friends and get those wild apartment parties going :dunce::dunce::dunce::yay::yay::yay::dunce::dunce::dunce:

The players of Entropia play the events and most importantly they go for various opportunities. The most versatile characters ingame do everything, from buying and selling, to crafting, mining and hunting then investing some more and repeat. See what works and explore the opportunities. That's what this game is about, imo. I think the event is perfectly aimed for the customers.

The players of Entropia play the events and most importantly they go for various opportunities. The most versatile characters ingame do everything, from buying and selling, to crafting, mining and hunting then investing some more and repeat. See what works and explore the opportunities. That's what this game is about, imo. I think the event is perfectly aimed for the customers.

I don't personally care about the items, but I agree with you that a lot of people seem to forget that in a game who's entire premise is a Real Cash Economy, trading is valid and important profession.

The only thing I would say about the event is it feels pretty lazy in terms of being a 15 year anniversary event. For xmas (which not everyone cares about or celebrates) they decorate the towns with xmas trees and garlands and crap, and give people dumb hats and presents. But for their 15 Year Anniversary, nothing?

Pretty much sums it up. You assume everyone views the event the same as you do. Well, it's not like that.

Its simple math, nothing to do how I or any other view this event.

With grinding there is absolutely no chance to win, only chance was buying, and that is exactly what happend.

So I have to agree to Wizz and the others who said: There is no chance to win, there is only the chance to buy.

I know you are one of the top damagers with really nice gear, and even you dont have had a chance to grind fast enough to loot 3k tokens for the gun, befor a buyer got it. Even you cant cycle 1000 PED on spiders in less than 15min, what would have been needed 24/7 in the first week, to have a chance.

Thats all what I wanted to say, it is simply impossible to win the top prizes by activ hunting.

Not that I personally care, for me this was clear from start that those with biggest PED card get it, thats why I instantly sold my tokens as long they have had a value.
At least I got some MU for it.

Its only you claiming, there was a chance.
All others with a little comon sense could see how it will turn out.

Hint:
Why am I not surprised that Striker and Yoda (2 sold accounts) got it?
Well big PED card nothing more.

Dont tell me they looted the tokens themselves, even Bori with Terminator wouldn´t have managed that in that short time.

Even with a shared account shooting 24/7 it was not possible!

No matter how you turn it, that is the fact.

If MA would have simply put this gun to auction, exactly the same people would have gotten it, it was a buy not a win from an event!

[...] they decorate the towns with xmas trees and garlands and crap, and give people dumb hats and presents. But for their 15 Year Anniversary, nothing?

The event JUST started and they announced more minievents and crap. The stuff that they introduced now are pretty heavy and will have a huge impact on the future of the game and the markup ingame but most people don't realize this yet. And they introduced quite a few stuff for the event and the event has a significant impact already, many are hunting for tokens, buying armors, limited weapons, amps, the economy is moving!

EVEN if they will add banners and music and festive stuff to celebrate this, people will still bitch and whine that the crap is not pretty enough or it's not cheap enough or whatever reason they will have to whine about but one thing is for sure, THEY WILL WHINE. If you look in a few of these threads, you can make a specific list with people that were never very active ingame but they always complain about all events and all updates treating MA like their government that owes them stuff, money, explanations :laugh:

If people want specific stuff, they should say so, but constantly saying it's not good enough, when MA is a business that sells a product which people are free not to purchase, which they don't consume much anyway, it's very lame and dumb!

If MA would have simply put this gun to auction, exactly the same people would have gotten it, it was a buy not a win from an event!

With the difference being that MA would have taken all the money :D This way, at least I get some MU to cover some of my 86% return since event start :D

Back