Spider Elites are a pile of poo

Not everyone is rich like you. Should be possible to play this game with a variety of diferent budgets. If it isn't then 99% of the player base should just quit this game.

All your posts lead to this conclusion - You either have budget for the bigger gear on this game or you should just quit. What you fail to understand is this - If everyone had the same gear as you, your profit would end.

Its not about being right or poor.You are complaining not me.
Enjoy what you are doing dont blame the game for your mistakes.
Good luck.

Its not about being right or poor.You are complaining not me.
Enjoy what you are doing dont blame the game for your mistakes.
Good luck.

Your arrogance is astounding. I didnt blame the game, i am enjoying what i am doing. :)

What i dont accept is your interpretation of this game. You, behind that big wallet, preach that this game is only worth playing with the best gear in the game. What you fail to understand is that 99,9% of the player base dont have those, they deserve to enjoy the game like you and if they would listen to your arrogant posts, they would leave this game.

If they left, your profit would end and the crying would begin.

Your arrogance is astounding. I didnt blame the game, i am enjoying what i am doing. :)

What i dont accept is your interpretation of this game. You, behind that big wallet, preach that this game is only worth playing with the best gear in the game. What you fail to understand is that 99,9% of the player base dont have those, they deserve to enjoy the game like you and if they would listen to your arrogant posts, they would leave this game.

If they left, your profit would end and the crying would begin.

If you enjoy what you are doing you would never complain about your loss.
I'm fine with you not agreeing with me about my interpretation of the game.
I perfectly understand what most of the people see the game and how the play it.They are free to do whatever they want with their time and money but when they complain I HAVE TO CORRECT THEM.
I might sound arrogant to you or maybe I am who the fuck cares.I just told you are wrong and you should fix that.
Its only up to you.

If you enjoy what you are doing you would never complain about your loss.
I'm fine with you not agreeing with me about my interpretation of the game.
I perfectly understand what most of the people see the game and how the play it.They are free to do whatever they want with their time and money but when they complain I HAVE TO CORRECT THEM.
I might sound arrogant to you or maybe I am who the fuck cares.I just told you are wrong and you should fix that.
Its only up to you.

There is nothing to fix in my playstyle. I play this game like you, the diference between us is just the budget. I hunt with a 60% efficiency weapon and i mine with an F-105 with D-class.

If i am to believe what you say, that the only way to play this game is with uber gear, then probably i should just leave. Me and the other 99%. Lets see how much is your uber gear worth then.

I like these spiders. They are not too hard and can give nice loots. A soc mate looted a 150 ped esi off one of them.
The spiders are spawned at exactly the same spot as small longtooth during summer.

I spent about 4 hours hunting those Elites. With my Shadow and plates, they do only crit damage to me. My MM does a good job on'em.

Loot is almost the same as the Spider Youngs X 2. In other words, killing one of the Elites is about the same as killing 2 of the normal Youngs, and the loot from that one Elite is about the same as killing two of the normal Youngs.

I hear there's some wild dogs roaming about that you have to pay to loot. Think I'll go hunt them for awhile.

Its only up to you.

If there would be no volatility/randomness you'd be right, but since there is it's not entirely true. Sure you can profit with MUs, but breaking even or even profit can be pretty tough, when multipliers refuse to happen or you just get some rarely and those are even small ones.

There is nothing to fix in my playstyle. I play this game like you, the diference between us is just the budget. I hunt with a 60% efficiency weapon and i mine with an F-105 with D-class.

If i am to believe what you say, that the only way to play this game is with uber gear, then probably i should just leave. Me and the other 99%. Lets see how much is your uber gear worth then.

While i disagree with messi's general stance of everything being players fault, i kinda got to agree with messi that this one may be down to you... D-class claims can peak as high as ~15k outdoors and over 80k indoors, so you got to expect that you get some rather huge losses there....

Last edited:
If there would be no volatility/randomness you'd be right, but since there is it's not entirely true. Sure you can profit with MUs, but breaking even or even profit can be pretty tough, when multipliers refuse to happen or you just get some rarely and those are even small ones.

The law of large numbers says (in this case) that if you play according to your bankroll, and keep cycling you will get to an average return that´s appropriate for your gear / avatar level. Pretty much all the numbers have been presented to us, by ma representatives.

All you have to do is figure out what the appropriate return for your gear /avatar level, realize what MU% you need, find a mob appropriate for your dps/required MU/***bankroll*** and keep shooting and believe it will even out. (Remember what messi has been saying all along?)

I really, really don't get why some people still plays this game:

1) If you are gonna hit your head against the wall every time your returns are less than expected then you should have stopped playing a long time ago.

2) You can play, enjoy, and even make some money from this game if you know what you are doing. There a lots of things you can do to enjoy the game and the community and no lose money in the process.

3) It just so happens that hunting is the profession where gear matters the most. Some of you say that ubers are just trying to keep the value of some of their items up, and to be honest there is nothing wrong with that, however, there is a reason people is willing to spend thousands of USD in gear, IT WORKS! if for example Eff and DPP along with dps really didn't matter, I don't know why anyone would put 10K USD into an item.

4) You can have fun with low level gear if you stay within your range, do team hunts, sell stuff for MU etc... Just don't expect the same returns than those with 20K USD in gear. We all like to assume that we are right and that the game is the thing that should change, but how you expect to win if you keep doing the exact same things that are costing you money?

I am not an eco hunter, I am not an eco miner, I lose money all the time doing the stuff I do in game same as all of you, the difference is that I don't repeat the same process over and over again and expect different results, I assume that I am gonna be down at the end of the day, If I am not then great. Would I love to make money and live off this game? Hell yeah! But if I could get the same results with my gear as those with 20K USD gear then the game would have died long ago.

Logged in. Came to in the middle of 20 of the Spider Elites. Lag up the butt. Killed'em all and started to run off.

BAMM!

600 something HOF (no idea which one I killed to get it - lol)

See, Dorthy - wishes sometimes do come true.

People was complaining that the FEN event was only for high level people., so Mindark reacted and put a lev +50 shared mob in the game.
Now everyone have a chance to loot tokens and nice items, even the guy who only got an Opalo.

Sure your share of the loot depends on how much damage you do, but there have been several globals and HoF's already, and when those happen, even the little guy have a chance of looting something nice.

And sure it help if you can take a hit or two, but even if you can't, Mindark have been kind enough to put the spawn just 2 min run from the nearest revival.

All it take is for people to be a bit organized. Stay at the edge of the spawn, have the guy whit the best armour and a long range weapon pull one at a time. And if everyone stays disciplined and don't just randomly shoot in every direction, those spiders will be easy enough to handle in a group.

Yet hardly anyone seem to bother trying, but prefer to stay in the Feffoid pit.

But okay, then let's try this way... Friday 26 October 19.00 server time. Meet at Minopolis TP.
Bring whatever weapon you got.

Well this thread showed me something that is worse than these spiders loot.....

holy hell I can't believe how much of an asshole....

Oh cool?! Spider Elites shared loot.. sounds like fun!
20 minutes later ...

Oh awesome i've lost almost half my peds! Loot returns were like 10-70%! Oh and ubers looting loads of platinum and gold tokens - nice!

It's this a 15 event or just another cash grab from MA...? or is there any difference?

Would it KILL them to put out some shared loot mobs for us to have fun and actually not come away robbed blind?
Celebrate 15 years, not try and regret it.

Isn't that HP a bit too high to see consistent results in half an hour? :D
I'd liek to know what have you been hunting where you had good hunts over 1k ammo.... and yeah your gear is the first to look at when you're having crap results... after gear is 'expectations' - adjust those as well according to your actions :)
GL

The law of large numbers says (in this case) that if you play according to your bankroll, and keep cycling you will get to an average return that´s appropriate for your gear / avatar level. Pretty much all the numbers have been presented to us, by ma representatives.

I know the law of large numbers, the law of large numbers doesn't make any statements about the lowest and highest TT-return peak between start and 'finish'...
The issue at hand is the lowest TT-return peak.

Play according to your bankroll, then what factor would you suggest? times 1000, times 5000, times 10000 the (average) click/kill costs? Times 1000 is the biggest multiplier btw..

I know the law of large numbers, the law of large numbers doesn't make any statements about the lowest and highest TT-return peak between start and 'finish'...

Play according to your bankroll, then what factor would you suggest? times 1000, times 5000, times 10000 the (average) click/kill costs? Times 1000 is the biggest multiplier btw..

Correct. It does not. Observations do, however tell us about all of those things.

I do not suggest anything in terms of number of attempts to fit bankroll. It's up to anyone to decide what they feel comfortable with.

I can however say that after 15k kills I'm above my expected return by quite a bit.

biggest multi remains 10k since the dawn of time. at least in hunting and crafting. on mining it depends on how you define the multi but when you look at tt spend * x then its somewhere around 15k indoors and 3k outdoors

biggest multi remains 10k since the dawn of time. at least in hunting and crafting.

10k on quantity crafting?
Highest multiplier i've gotten so far was 1k. I bet you're talking about 10k by using the condition modifier...

on mining it depends on how you define the multi but when you look at tt spend * x then its somewhere around 15k indoors and 3k outdoors

you got the times ~3 mining claim modifier, which compensates for the roughly 33% hit-rate/ 66% miss-rate outdoors, and then the multiplier...

Last edited:
Removed post

Try again.

Isn't 1000x the biggest multi nowadays, after 2.0? A bit more for hunting, a bit less for mining, but consistenly for crafting (unless you move the bar far right to condition, where you get the x 8 multiplier on top).

Back