Suggestion: Pilots need to edit guest lists!

• Thread starter Deleted member 55358
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 55358

Im sure this has been mentioned before but if not here goes.. Pilots on PF/SF and motherships need to be able to edit the guest list or another "manager" rank added that can do it on behalf of the owner so ships can function properly. Theres not much point to making a crew if ultimately it still always has to be a one man show!!

myself and others have sent multiple support cases suggesting this with the same response. It will be forwarded to the appropriate team to blah blah blah.

Im sure this has been mentioned before but if not here goes.. Pilots on PF/SF and motherships need to be able to edit the guest list or another "manager" rank added that can do it on behalf of the owner so ships can function properly. Theres not much point to making a crew if ultimately it still always has to be a one man show!!

Ye it's a headache, an old demand! lot of people I beleive will be happy if something done to this.

I don't understand why they avoid or take soo long to implement the smallest changes that would make people massively happy. Like its really not fun at all if you have to work too hard just to play.

MindArk replied to this many years ago when we asked for an assignable Officer of the Day role.
I can't remember the exact wording but the gist of it was that increasing the number of Guest List / Summon capable persons in effect increases the number of ships as it allows them to operate when owner not available. They felt there were already too many idle unused ships and that this would worsen the situation by making a few more active to the detriment of the less active ones. All it really does is make space harder for everyone.

Scheduled warp vessel owners get moaned at if they dare to take a night off, or their internet crashes
VIP warp ships are unable to respond to pleas from regular customers as owner is at work, asleep etc
Those ships with active crews/pilots sit idle for the lack of a simple mod to the programming.

MA should revisit this as maybe, just maybe, it would make space more active, and therefore easier for people to obtain travel when and where they need it. Travel = trade = ped exchanged between planets = healthy UNIVERSE.
and if there was seen to be more trade, more travel then perhaps some of those idle ships may come to life :)

The function of Officer of the Day could be set by owner by selecting a box on the guest list with one or at most 2 assignable, That way no need to give access to deed, and therefore no risk to vessel ownership.
And
On the subject of guest list, for goodness sake MA, would it really be so difficult to make them Alpha, or most recent first, or sortable or searchable (like friend list) that would help us find and remove those persons that have completed their journey.

Last edited:
Another idea would be to change guest list to reserved list/banned list + available/unavailable so the pilot can set if the ship is available. and a text line
Next to that a shipmanager for players. Players can select if they want to be summoned. The standard is off.

for example:

owner/pilots can change:

privateer XXX - available/unavailable - set textline to: XXX vip warps for 25 ped

players can use the shipmanager where they can check which ships can summon:

pathfinder I - off
pathfinder II - off
pathfinder II - off
privateer XXX - on - ship is available for warp - XXX vip warps for 25 ped

In this example a pilot can speak to a customer and the customer can decide if he wants to be summoned to that spaceship. No need for the owner to be online, business can flourish.
The pilot/owner can also stay exclusive by using the reserved list. when reserved list is active, the owner sets the old guestlist and other players cannot be summoned.

Last edited:
myself and others have sent multiple support cases suggesting this with the same response. It will be forwarded to the appropriate team to blah blah blah.

Yup , suggested this years ago to MA .
Usual response ....

Really quite annoying when you take time to make what seem to be logical suggestions that will improve the game , are also economically good for MA and all that seems to happen is that trees get messed with and stuff gets worked on that is never either asked for or needed .

./shrug

fully agree ... c'mon mindark, don't be lame all the time! you can make it happen before 2033, i'm sure!

:girl:

another idea?
They can implement a "key BP" for the ship owner! So he/she can make keys for pilots, who can give access to guest list! (something similar like what ND implement for shop owners on RT)
WTF?
They can't even think like entrepreuners anymore.

Another idea would be to change guest list to reserved list/banned list + available/unavailable so the pilot can set if the ship is available. and a text line
Next to that a shipmanager for players. Players can select if they want to be summoned. The standard is off.

for example:

owner/pilots can change:

privateer XXX - available/unavailable - set textline to: XXX vip warps for 25 ped

players can use the shipmanager where they can check which ships can summon:

pathfinder I - off
pathfinder II - off
pathfinder II - off
privateer XXX - on - ship is available for warp - XXX vip warps for 25 ped

In this example a pilot can speak to a customer and the customer can decide if he wants to be summoned to that spaceship. No need for the owner to be online, business can flourish.
The pilot/owner can also stay exclusive by using the reserved list. when reserved list is active, the owner sets the old guestlist and other players cannot be summoned.
Not sure I understood this completely. But I think you are suggesting that owner has a pre-set list of names and that permission to use the summon function is given (but not permission to add/remove). This carries it's own problems.
Ships that do not remove guests from list upon safe arrival of passenger to destination planet run the risk of accidental summon, for example fetching people to space who were about to trade and clicked thinking it was the trade, or those expecting a team add for a hunt. Many of these may have lootables and now have the expense of getting them back safely to planet, as well as potentially having lost a sale or important purchase.
This is why any Officer function to enable summons will also need to be able to add the customer and remove on completion.
Most owners then keep the customer on friend list in order to facilitate swift add to guest list on future travels.
(Equus and Firebird owners don't need to cleanse list in same way as they don't use summon)

another idea?
They can implement a "key BP" for the ship owner! So he/she can make keys for pilots, who can give access to guest list! (something similar like what ND implement for shop owners on RT)
WTF?
They can't even think like entrepreuners anymore.
Liked this idea on first reading, but then doubt crept in ... how long does key last ? what happens when it runs out and pilot has no spares ?
Ships may be pulled out of warp by pirates with warp mines or by MA (failed warp), if the pilot has used up his key and has no spare, the customer is not going to be thrilled by the warp that now rakes over an hour to get anywhere useful.

Liked this idea on first reading said:
but now there is no option at all :) anyway was just an idea to point there are solutions but nothing have done for it! The "key" could last till owner revoke it btw!

Not sure I understood this completely. But I think you are suggesting that owner has a pre-set list of names and that permission to use the summon function is given (but not permission to add/remove). This carries it's own problems.
Ships that do not remove guests from list upon safe arrival of passenger to destination planet run the risk of accidental summon, for example fetching people to space who were about to trade and clicked thinking it was the trade, or those expecting a team add for a hunt. Many of these may have lootables and now have the expense of getting them back safely to planet, as well as potentially having lost a sale or important purchase.
This is why any Officer function to enable summons will also need to be able to add the customer and remove on completion.
Most owners then keep the customer on friend list in order to facilitate swift add to guest list on future travels.
(Equus and Firebird owners don't need to cleanse list in same way as they don't use summon)

Liked this idea on first reading, but then doubt crept in ... how long does key last ? what happens when it runs out and pilot has no spares ?
Ships may be pulled out of warp by pirates with warp mines or by MA (failed warp), if the pilot has used up his key and has no spare, the customer is not going to be thrilled by the warp that now rakes over an hour to get anywhere useful.

No in my suggestion I am giving the permission to Summon to players. Players have a list of all spaceships and can turn summon on or off. It's turned off as standard. If they want a warp they can turn that spaceship to on. This way the player can turn the summon window off and never get a summon window.

Pilot/ owner can set their own spaceship in this same list to available and add a textline with details.

So a player who wants a warp can contact the pilot of a spaceship that's set to available (in the list). Then the player sets summon to on and after warp turns summon off again.

So a guestlist is not needed unless the owner sets his spaceship to private and then adds his guestlist.

A pilot (not the owner) only needs a summon button and available/unavailable. Players are in control if they want to be summoned.

Last edited:
A function to do selective summons would be great too.
Like a check list before summon to tick off the guest(s) you wish to summon rather than a mass summon of everyone on the guest list.

Back