15 years later..

Botchla

Old Alpha
Society
cB
Jack Captain Black
When I first downloaded PE I didn't have a clue what I was getting into. At first I didn't even realize it was a rce.
Since the beginning, it quickly turned into quit the addiction but life happens and I did put it on the back burner a few times but always found myself eventually logging back in.
In my opinion, Mindark needs to step back and take a good look at what they have created. The game is not what it used to be and to some degree very frustrating. Yes I know you can succeed trading and battling every pec to the highest market value possible but!, EU is loosing its luster. The fact that you cannot loot FEN items hunting is bs, why should we have to pay through the nose for these items? These should be gifts in loot for sticking it out for 15 years!
15 years is plenty of time to refine a game but its always the same, every update (since the beginning) yields more bugs. Its always, how do you add something new, and break something else that worked fine pre VU? Anyway.. On to my frustration.. And to some, this may not apply to you. I depo, not as much as some but probably more than most, it feels like MA has spent the last 15 years brainstorming more on how to pry every pec out of its community more so rather than making this an enjoyable experience. Not everyone can afford to depo 100k usd and just go nuts and not care so a little here and there feels pointless anymore since it seems the only goal for a ATH is crafting explosive 4s. My main profession is hunting, so it would be nice to loot something decent every once in awhile to upgrade. As of now, that's forever lost. One of the biggest frustrations is mob AI, it needs to be adjusted, spawns, crits, movement, etc. its just whacked and annoying.
As of now, in game, I am left with a negative balance, as usual after my last run, I have to depo to pay repairs and buy ammo, seems to be the norm and happens more often than not.
So far, its not so much the game that's kept me logging on, its the hope of breaking even and the friends that keep EU alive.
How do you really sum up the last 15 years? Do you see sticking around for another 15?

...very frustrating....

This word summarizes perfectly what is the game now.

PE is dead, unfortunately.
EU destructed its soul.
And we hope for a resurrection that will never happens...

Last edited:
No, you summed it up 100% for me. It's what I've posted in a few other threads recently.
I said the same about FEN.... you have to loot a ton of tokens ANNND pay peds?? Just that off the bat is f-ed up, let alone how many tokens you need, etc.
SGA was a fun event, I even remember they did a skill boost time where there was 2x skill 24/7. They shut the noob rig down ffs.
The planet partners, which I thought was really the original vision of this game is dead IMO. Planet Cyrene and Toulan is like a ghost town, I can't imagine they have more than a handful of people working on those planets because MA seems to have screwed them, ignored them, and not care about them at every turn.
My ONLY hope of this game remains that some other company buy it and do something good.

I've spent my money over the years.. and I still continue to spend some, but it's been a let down for good while now.
I don't want to be so negative, because I still love the universe. They have added a ton of cool stuff and great content, just need to keep backing it up and have some vision for the next 5 years.
Thanks for posting Jack.

We got berets for sticking around a few years... why not a full scale trench coat for this round?

On a more serious note, yes, there have been some improvements, but you are right, lots and lots, and lots of let downs over the years...

The CEO couldn't even list the right planet the broker for compet deed trade in was supposed to be on!

and... of course, as we all know... the Content of Oblivion keeps growing day by day, year by year, decade by decade... http://content-of-oblivion.blogspot.com/

Fen isn't over, I remain hopeful that they will have mini events where done fen stuff will be lootable

When I first downloaded PE I didn't have a clue what I was getting into. At first I didn't even realize it was a rce.
Since the beginning, it quickly turned into quit the addiction but life happens and I did put it on the back burner a few times but always found myself eventually logging back in.
In my opinion, Mindark needs to step back and take a good look at what they have created. The game is not what it used to be and to some degree very frustrating. Yes I know you can succeed trading and battling every pec to the highest market value possible but!, EU is loosing its luster. The fact that you cannot loot FEN items hunting is bs, why should we have to pay through the nose for these items? These should be gifts in loot for sticking it out for 15 years!
15 years is plenty of time to refine a game but its always the same, every update (since the beginning) yields more bugs. Its always, how do you add something new, and break something else that worked fine pre VU? Anyway.. On to my frustration.. And to some, this may not apply to you. I depo, not as much as some but probably more than most, it feels like MA has spent the last 15 years brainstorming more on how to pry every pec out of its community more so rather than making this an enjoyable experience. Not everyone can afford to depo 100k usd and just go nuts and not care so a little here and there feels pointless anymore since it seems the only goal for a ATH is crafting explosive 4s. My main profession is hunting, so it would be nice to loot something decent every once in awhile to upgrade. As of now, that's forever lost. One of the biggest frustrations is mob AI, it needs to be adjusted, spawns, crits, movement, etc. its just whacked and annoying.
As of now, in game, I am left with a negative balance, as usual after my last run, I have to depo to pay repairs and buy ammo, seems to be the norm and happens more often than not.
So far, its not so much the game that's kept me logging on, its the hope of breaking even and the friends that keep EU alive.
How do you really sum up the last 15 years? Do you see sticking around for another 15?

my signature reflects the same observation as you.:rolleyes:
the real problem is that MA are listening to us now but in its own way, for some time add the minimum and wait to see if people support this and then release some of the true value of the game when they understand that they have abused too much and this is constant.

Fen isn't over, I remain hopeful that they will have mini events where done fen stuff will be lootable

i know some of you won't understand that, including MA, but i wanna enjoy EU on a daily base, not swallow one crappy event after the other. to be honest, i don't even know what to celebrate atm, as lots of the universe feels broken for up to 2 years. must be their partners fault huh?

always with losses? I've been here for 3 years, and I only know of losses ... the longest I've been without putting money has been a month, and my biggest hof has not even reached 1k peds ... frustrating, no, the following ... and I pass a year doing the mission of the arkadia dropship to discover that after this VU, I can not put it anywhere, and the worst thing is to know that it will not be resolved in a long time ...

and about cyrene.alli people are still working, but there is no support ... toulan is apart, I suppose that Mohamed's laziness comes from MA's lack of support and interest ...

Ah well, as long as people complain it means they care.
So, I don't worry yet.
As soon as the forum becomes quiet and the complaining stops, I'll quickly sell all my shit and run for the door.

Until then, I'll happily read all complaints and will add some myself and will just go on to the next 15 years! :yay:

Btw, gratz on your 15th anniversary.
Just 1 more year for me :wtg:

All i ever wanted was hunting at my leisure with the slim chance to loot cool stuff with an equal chance, no matter the day or the time of the day and no matter what mob i hunt.

But loot comes in waves and gets nearly instant dashed out the second it is allowed to drop. Lets be honest, the cool stuff is only found in event prices these days. I have no incentive to go out and hunt because there is no thrill.

Mindarks awnser to my humble wishes was chance packs and token

Thank you (not)

And yes, the SGA / TEN events was a blast. I didnt looted anything good but i had the chance to and that allone was enough to keep me shooting. Today even if i grind this stupid platin token i had to "no life camp 24/7" the damm NPC's or i'd miss the refresh and sit on my token while the good stuff is bought out 1 min after they refreshed it.

NO THANK YOU

/rant over

I took a "break" when loot 2.0 came out. I think they need to go back to the type of economy that was a fun circle. The one that rewarded you for being good at something, that made you interact with others. The one where PLAYERS ran there own small business'es in game. i.e regular hunters and miners working out deals with one another. Back when I first started, I made (L) guns. After doing it for awhile I had hunters contact me and I would sell directly to them for a discount but I had regular, reliable buyers for my goods. I would in turn buy mats from them at a discount. Friendships were made. It was a fun time. AND the start up cost was very small :)

The last time I played it seemed more like tt and contests with fewer small business opportunities. Unless ofc you drop 20k-50k on a land area.

Mind ark if any of you read this, my best advise is focus on helping players run small business'es inside your game universe that require low start up costs.

Space is a good example. Instead of the players running transportation services we have a mess.

Empower your smaller players that don't have or want to drop 20+k and you will see Entropia grow again.

My Two Cents,
Grandmaster Dreamryder Mage

I get the feeling NEVERDIE is one of the only people putting time and effort to improve Entropia. He had a great idea with his teleport tokens. That would have created a boom in taxi jobs , crafting vehicles , and material MU to make them. But everyone just bashed it. Now he is working on his teleport token dream but in a different game. We basicly bit the only hand feeding us. :D

Maybe we can find a happy medium. Remove the EP prints. And add the teleport tokens. But maybe make some teleporters free and others a premium that requires a token. Like all the Mall ones and other places with shops could remain free. Not to hinder the already almost non existant foot traffic...

I started playing in the days when you had to walk to Neas. The challenge was exciting. Does anyone else remember how players even made PED walking people like guides to NEA's ? :D

Entropia lacks fun free missions to do when your out of PED. Exploring the game on foot used to be a mission...

I like the change of removing the space landing fee. That should help improve the economy on the other planets. It's a sign of hopefully more good to things to come.

I started playing in the days when you had to walk to Neas. The challenge was exciting. Does anyone else remember how players even made PED walking people like guides to NEA's ? :D

Entropia lacks fun free missions to do when your out of PED. Exploring the game on foot used to be a mission...

Its true, it was challanging doing all the TP runs, some have been really hard to get, but walking/running does not consume oil/ME, so everybody lazy today flying to the new TPs, helps the economy by consuming oil.
I know its very marginal but its at least a little of this resource used.

You like the removal of the space landing fee... but you still think ND's teleport token idea was a great idea......

Well this TP tokens could be a good idea if it is used for interplanetary Teleporters.

Sure this TPs should be expencive, so that MS owners and Taxi Quads still have their oportunity to offer their service.

Some surely would use an interplanetary TP, even if it costs 30 PEDs or more.

You like the removal of the space landing fee... but you still think ND's teleport token idea was a great idea......

yes I agree it does sound conflicting. :D I'll try and explain.

I think the main difference being with the planet landing fee there was no cheaper slower option that people low on ped could do. So in no way was it creating jobs for the economy. Instead it just hindered people from ever exporing space and other planets.

With the planet telelport coins you do get a choice. Players that are low on ped can just walk , or take a vehicle / taxi. Creating more jobs for the economy. And crafting L vehicles to use as taxi's increases the MU on materail for miners and hunters. Its a bit slower the cheap way. But it doesnt prevent exploring like the planet fee did.

yes I agree it does sound conflicting. :D I'll try and explain.

I think the main difference being with the planet landing fee there was no cheaper slower option that people low on ped could do. So in no way was it creating jobs for the economy. Instead it just hindered people from ever exporing space and other planets.

With the planet telelport coins you do get a choice. Players that are low on ped can just walk , or take a vehicle / taxi. Creating more jobs for the economy. And crafting L vehicles to use as taxi's increases the MU on materail for miners and hunters. Its a bit slower the cheap way. But it doesnt prevent exploring like the planet fee did.

What would it really mean?

I logged out yesterday at Icarus, as I met there with one of my disciples shortly befor I logged out.
Today I log in still at Icarus, want to hunt spiders to farm some more Plat Tokens.
Now I have the options to fly 30min from Icarus to Takuta, or pay whatever amount of PED to use the TP.
As I am fairly low budget and dont want to waste PED I choose to fly 30min, instead hunting 30min, and you think that is good.
My gametime is limited because I have an RL, so out of my 2 hours playtime and my low budget, I can hunt now 1hr instead 2 hrs, because I want to go back to Icarus befor logging out to meet my disciple at Icarus again today, without wasting PED for an expencive TP.

And you really think that is a good idea ?

TP fee hinders players to spent money on activitys.
Everyone who choose to fly to save the TP fee, results in much less income for MA, as they make money from decay mainly that comes from hunting.

IMHO leave the TPs completely free, so that hunters/miners can reach their goals as fast as possible and start spending real money on their activies.
1 dropped probe with a big ass finder and a big ass amp from a miner that is a NRF make MA more money than your TP fees!
A hunter going for big mobs with big guns can spent 1000 PED in 30mins, so let him hunt this 30mins and not fly from lets say PA to Takuta half an hour.

Don´t think that the fees collected from a pay to TP compensate the lost turnover from those who prefer flying for many hours a week, instead doing real activities.

If you switch mobs fairly often (daily missions), it will become costly to use pay TPs, I surely wouldn´t do it to much, what will result in less missions done, less hunting activity, therefor less crafting activity (I cycle most my loots in crafting!).

Its a two edged sword, and the chance that it will have an negative effect on economy is as big as it may have an positive effect to economy, same can be said about MAs income from it. It can also be a shot in their own leg.

Back