Info: Mining in non-lootable pvp

The Mind

Guardian
One Trick Mind
Hi.

I would like to make a warning thread for miners out there mining on Amethera and other non-lootable pvp areas.

The procedure is as follows:
You are mining on non-lootable pvp area and you see some one else on the screen, probably mining/hunting nerby. Pretty common situation. This dot will keep pretty close distance to you and once you get a drop youll be killed. After youll be asked about your mining level, content and size of the claim, and informed about that person wants the content of that claim to leave you in peace. Otherwise you probably get camped before you satisy the demand or claim gets dismissed because of time limit.

Hope this info will save some one a bad experience.

Happy mining.

Mind.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English and if some one is interested in chat screens or something else please let me know in PM, as im not sure that revealing those in here would violate any forum rules.

ye i had the same with that NVE scum. well if they wanne shoot me for an hour and lose tons of peds thats up to them. i only lose 1 claim so no real problem. annyoing nonetheless though

In my experience, the biggest risk in non-lootable PVP is meeting someone you know and wasting a shipload of time chatting to them. :cool:

Almost daily mining there and all I ever experienced was people say : hiya, how's mining, then continue mining and chat in private :)

i would love to find somebody killing me in a non lootable pvp , make him spend a little lol

They cant be there 24/7, plus if they constantly do it, you can put a support case into MA as they are disrupting your enjoyment of the game....same thing as in space, if someone is constantly shooting you down and disrupting you from getting to your destination (ie you are basically stuck at a space station because you cant leave without being shot down), send in a support case.

Alternatively, put a shout out into the chats to explain and i'm pretty sure there will be alot of people who would enjoy having some fun with a douchebag like that.

They cant be there 24/7

Claims up to VIII expire in one hour. (IX - two hours, X - three hours, and from there on it escalates quickly)

From what I read in the OP (being asked about "levels") I also guess mostly low level people are targeted (= those who are unlikely to have someone to ask for help).

But yes, asking for help on a public chat could work.

Yeah if someone bothers you like this, ask in a public chat for help, tons of people would be willing to show up and teach them some manners

Yeah if someone bothers you like this, ask in a public chat for help, tons of people would be willing to show up and teach them some manners

+1
do this in #waveevents channel and your problem will be fixed long before the claim expires:)

If suffering harassment and player interference anywhere in game (excluding normal PK'ing in PVP4) contact live support, they can deal with the person far quicker and hopefully let you go about your business.

If suffering harassment and player interference anywhere in game (excluding normal PK'ing in PVP4) contact live support, they can deal with the person far quicker and hopefully let you go about your business.

Tbh its a pvp area and its not against the rules to shoot people there, morally incorrect and awefull behaviour but if its not allowed to shoot people in pvp then when is?? Id even think its offensive spending supports time with that.

That said Id happily help shoot the harrasser :D

Tbh its a pvp area and its not against the rules to shoot people there, morally incorrect and awefull behaviour but if its not allowed to shoot people in pvp then when is?? Id even think its offensive spending supports time with that.

That said Id happily help shoot the harrasser :D

So you are back? which ava?? --> you know, asking for a friend...

They cant be there 24/7, plus if they constantly do it, you can put a support case into MA as they are disrupting your enjoyment of the game....same thing as in space, if someone is constantly shooting you down and disrupting you from getting to your destination (ie you are basically stuck at a space station because you cant leave without being shot down), send in a support case.

Alternatively, put a shout out into the chats to explain and i'm pretty sure there will be alot of people who would enjoy having some fun with a douchebag like that.

What ? You cant be serious... I am occasional miner in pvp and also get f*** few times but its your problem if you enter PVP zone. You get informed that you entered PVP zone and if someone gonna babysite you, just leave or get help from other players. What have support to do with this ?

killed like what ? maybe 200-300 miners at rig :laugh: . At some point i wanted to hide all the names and make a compilation with all the insults.

Last edited:
What ? You cant be serious... I am occasional miner in pvp and also get f*** few times but its your problem if you enter PVP zone. You get informed that you entered PVP zone and if someone gonna babysite you, just leave or get help from other players. What have support to do with this ?
The OP speaks of extortion:

After youll be asked about your mining level, content and size of the claim, and informed about that person wants the content of that claim to leave you in peace.
In my understanding, that's a no-go even in PVP or on PCF.

If someone is constantly shooting you in pvp then it's your choice to continue being shot or get out.

However, if it's accompanied with attempted extortion then that's harassment and you should contact support.

MA should just put pyrite back where it belongs...

I’ve killed miners at the rig just messing around (I don’t waste time camping claims) and then I get threatening pms from the person. It’s pretty ridiculous but maybe this is the case and you upset the person enough that they wanted to camp the claim...
Ma said if it happens in pvp then they don’t care. So I’m not sure they’d even help you.

The whole meaning of pvp is lost in the game nowadays, it’s just a joke. Pyrite should be back in pvp4 or at least balanced appropriately. I get 40% pyrite at the non lootable rig and 1% in lootable pvp4.

You can’t even jokingly shoot someone at the rig without getting threatening pms.

Put pyrite back in pvp4, disable vehicles around the rig or make flying vehicles get aggroed by mobs, do something to make pvp fun and worthwhile again so maybe a good amount of pvpers will come back to game.

Make pvp great again

/Azzah out

I am not playing long enough to know how was the situation before, when pyrite was in lootable pvp zone only. What happend that MA had to change it ?

Isn't because it was contolled by one or two allied societies ?

I don't think ores or any kind of loot should be exclusive to those who risk getting it stole by pkers. I don't mind it being easier to find in lootable pvp as long as it's possible to find outside it too.

I’ve killed miners at the rig just messing around (I don’t waste time camping claims) and then I get threatening pms from the person. It’s pretty ridiculous but maybe this is the case and you upset the person enough that they wanted to camp the claim...
Ma said if it happens in pvp then they don’t care. So I’m not sure they’d even help you.

The whole meaning of pvp is lost in the game nowadays, it’s just a joke. Pyrite should be back in pvp4 or at least balanced appropriately. I get 40% pyrite at the non lootable rig and 1% in lootable pvp4.

You can’t even jokingly shoot someone at the rig without getting threatening pms.

Put pyrite back in pvp4, disable vehicles around the rig or make flying vehicles get aggroed by mobs, do something to make pvp fun and worthwhile again so maybe a good amount of pvpers will come back to game.

Make pvp great again

/Azzah out

agree 1000%, all rare ores must be just in lootable pvp areas...

agree 1000%, all rare ores must be just in lootable pvp areas...

Planet Calypso Content Release 2017.3:
Pyrite stone is now more rare inside the Akmuul Island PvP area.
Pyrite stone is now a very rare find in four other PvP zones on Eudoria; The contaminated zone near Camp Echidna, the PvP zone around the oil rig, the PvP zone near Fort Argus and the Orthos Oil Field.

After doing testing myself and feedback from many other players on all sides of the spectrum this is not the case.
I don’t care if there is a VERY RARE chance to hit pyrite at the rig. But in practice it’s a COMMON resource at the rig and EXTREMELY RARE in pvp4. So what is the point of risking loot/toxic shot. It’s a joke.

My complaint is more that the implementation of pyrite in other pvp areas is not distributed correctly.

Thanks for your sarcasm though. Appreciated.

PvP4 has a 400 meter radar and you can see green dots coming for you now. So honestly it’s almost impossible to get looted anyways.. I’ve seen many lower level players mining there.

Last edited:
I was mining in pvp4 since I started with EU 2,5 years ago.
To be honest it was long time before I was able to find pyrite lol. But himi was like 500% mu so no pyrite wasn't big deal.
I had something like 90hp on start and was in non pvp soc.
I' ve got zone junkie achievement during my first year (1000x burned anti-toxic shot, thats -5k PED).
I still mined a LOT of pyrite and it somehow payed for toxic shots. I mined it even when someone "closed" pvp4 - mostly WSS by that time. And I know many ppl who did the same.
You can just teleport away from GD's or gear up, skill up, chip in or so and fight. At least for me it worked as big motivation to skill up, keep depo and so on.
I understand that lootable pvp can be frustrating for many ppl, but for me its pretty boring mine pyr in rig. I used to loved that adrenaline in loootable.
They should just change % of pyrite in pvp4 and rig. It should be easier to find in lootoble, not opposite.
Camping claims in nonlootable is kind of meh..

Just my perspective.
Pardon my english, but it should be understandable.

Last edited:
Shadow the killer... make them kill u over and over.. if they hunt use bigger gun and kill steal em back. Annoy em in chat till they put u on ignore. All else fails get out the N.g.l. to aggro entire l.a. and start a few mob trains as u fly away.

I was mining in pvp4 since I started with EU 2,5 years ago.
To be honest it was long time before I was able to find pyrite lol. But himi was like 500% mu so no pyrite wasn't big deal.
I had something like 90hp on start and was in non pvp soc.
I' ve got zone junkie achievement during my first year (1000x burned anti-toxic shot, thats -5k PED).
I still mined a LOT of pyrite and it somehow payed for toxic shots. I mined it even when someone "closed" pvp4 - mostly WSS by that time. And I know many ppl who did the same.
You can just teleport away from GD's or gear up, skill up, chip in or so and fight. At least for me it worked as big motivation to skill up, keep depo and so on.
I understand that lootable pvp can be frustrating for many ppl, but for me its pretty boring mine pyr in rig. I used to loved that adrenaline in loootable.
They should just change % of pyrite in pvp4 and rig. It should be easier to find in lootoble, not opposite.
Camping claims in nonlootable is kind of meh..

Just my perspective.
Pardon my english, but it should be understandable.

1000% agree with u ! and Azzah it was not sarcasm ;)

Hi.

I would like to make a warning thread for miners out there mining on Amethera and other non-lootable pvp areas.

The procedure is as follows:
You are mining on non-lootable pvp area and you see some one else on the screen, probably mining/hunting nerby. Pretty common situation. This dot will keep pretty close distance to you and once you get a drop youll be killed. After youll be asked about your mining level, content and size of the claim, and informed about that person wants the content of that claim to leave you in peace. Otherwise you probably get camped before you satisy the demand or claim gets dismissed because of time limit.

Hope this info will save some one a bad experience.

Happy mining.

Mind.

P.S. Sorry for my poor English and if some one is interested in chat screens or something else please let me know in PM, as im not sure that revealing those in here would violate any forum rules.

Just tell them, "Sure. I don't want to die in non-lootable pvp, but I can't just hand over the claim, I need to extract it before I give it to you." Act scared when saying this... Make conversation while extracting.

Dig it out and then tell them to go fly a kite.

Back