Votes: 10 12.2%

• Total voters

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
While flying around in my sleipnir feeling a bit guilty
Knowing that the sleipnir uses 18(!) times the amount of oil compared to the truck I still had taken the sleip.
But I simply felt lazy and didnt want to dodge mobs with it.

Anyhow, I was just to lazy to further bother about it, but then the thought came to my mind, how much do we actually burn in fuel? All of us together? How many barrels per day do we "consume"?

How big is the oil industry in Entropia?

Looking at how much I use myself, if I would make a wild guess it would be somewhere in the range of 20~50(?) ped per year.
But I'm not a frequent flyer and mostly drive around in a cheesy cheap truck.
So, what does the average Joe here spend on fuel?

Last edited:
I estimate I burn about 80...100 PED a year (possibly over 100), based on how often I have to throw in another ~20 PED.

I use exclusively Sleip these days because many of my favorite mining spots are beyond water.

I don't shun eccentric transportation modes such as flying over revival border and jumping to death. :laugh: (you can pick up your Sleip in mid-air if you have keys assigned)

I would guess about 60 -120 peds a year is what I spend.

Most of my use is travel between planets. I'd guess at least 3 round trips per month to rt or ark.

I voted for 10-20, simply because I rarly use my vehicles.
TP chip is faster :D

voted 100-501 but right now I'm about to zero myself, since I'm very busy during weekdays and play only weekends mostly. But 100-500 cover the most active players and me when play regularly.

My dropship ( now unusable since update ) , CDF transport and CDF scout all burn massive amounts of oil. I use these daily and keep the tanks full always. I would guess 500 a year in oil would cover my travel + or - .

10-20 ped / year, only use it to fly to other planets with my quad, on planets I jump

Thanks for all the replies so far.
Keep them coming :D

Btw, the 10.000+ vote, I guess that was a troll reaction?
If not I wonder how to ever achieve that :laugh:

Oops, double post

Last edited:

maybe a crafter who crafts a lot with oil and didn't see it's only about space flight? :laugh:

maybe a crafter who crafts a lot with oil and didn't see it's only about space flight? :laugh:

Not just space flight.
Planet based transport as well of course.

Even if you go for repairs daily with a mothership you can't burn 10k :) did a year every weekend solo such activity and I burned hmmm.... less than 200 PED i think!

PS. In sec thought, less than 100 PED is the vote closer to reality!

About 200 ped for the quad in space; planetside I mostly use tp chips unless I have passengers which happens often, so about another 200 ped for the sleipnir mk2. Voted 101-500.

I've never really kept track. Oil is cheap and none of the vehicles I own use much fuel. I mostly use my quad for going between CP and the Astroid. For longer flights, I hire something with warp. On land, I mostly TP but will occasionally use a Sleipnir or Valkyrie. I put 100 ped in each a while back and don't even check it anymore.

Oops, double post

Pirate hanging around in space?

I rarely use vehicles on the planet, and do occasional flights on my quad(when am not on a warp ship), so figure 21 - 50 peds a year.

We're quickly polluting our beautiful Calypso and it makes me sick. Those of you flying less efficient vehicles should be ashamed. I started taking the bus VU 14.3.4 and I haven't looked back. I also eat less Exarosaur and find myself left with more energy throughout the day, and more PED on my card. My libido is like twice what it was before, and my deposits have been cut in half, okay that last one was a lie.

We're quickly polluting our beautiful Calypso and it makes me sick. Those of you flying less efficient vehicles should be ashamed. I started taking the bus VU 14.3.4 and I haven't looked back. I also eat less Exarosaur and find myself left with more energy throughout the day, and more PED on my card. My libido is like twice what it was before, and my deposits have been cut in half, okay that last one was a lie.

Yeah, where are the electric vehicles??
I mean, what year is it? And why are we still burning oil??

I must admit though that I love the greenhouse effect as I hate cold.
So, I should fly an extra mile to burn some extra oil instead of driving my 0,03 oil/km truck. :rolleyes:

I'll wont mind a big exa steak and will not revert to veganism. You are what you eat and I'd rather not be a plant.
My libido has always been fine, to bad my wife cant keep up. Maybe she should eat less exa?? :laugh:

And I'm to broke to do any deposits at all! :yup:

I need a Dropship Prius :yup:

I need a Dropship Prius :yup:

BS we need vehicles that fly 4 to 6 times faster than drop ships or quads/sleips planetside that use 200-300% of the oil.

Calypso's NEED FOR SPEED and more oil consumption: Climate change on Calypso from so called green house gases is a lie! More damage is done from ships going in and out of the atmosphere burning massive holes over Port Atlantis! Give us drag racing vehicles with 600% oil consumption and manual shifters that have to be driven in first person mode! AND a calypso race track!

MAKE OIL GREAT AGAIN

Yeah, where are the electric vehicles??
I mean, what year is it? And why are we still burning oil??

We don´t have enough Lithium to craft efficent accus for e-vehicles, or did you have found Lithium anywhere in EU so far ?

every time I go to a new planet, when I load in - I jump out of my seat and collect my ship mid-fall to save some of those gas pecs!

Release a new (L) fast spaceship that use's no fuel, but has movement decay. So it's like battery operated that way with no coding needed it uses the existing systems. Maybe add a whole line of vehicles like this.

It's really hard to say because oil isn't just fuel for my vehicles. Unless I hit a IX or above, I throw that oil right into the fuel tanks and use it as rainy day funds. Want to wear my ped card down to the nub on FOMA? No problem, got my teleport fee in the tank.

Back