Halloween Mayhem 2018

This is my first year playing it. Owell, I guess all this cash I set aside for ammo will go to the Steam sale instead, lol. Good luck with the event everyone.

as i understand it you can go lower , however you wont compete for the prices in that catagory

Seriously, real talk. If your level is outside of your playstyle, CHIP OUT ALL THOSE SKILLS FOR PROFIT.

I am perma level <35. I chip out consistently any skills that might raise me above 35. That is my comfortable level of play, and it makes me get profit consistently from hunts by selling the skills.

Nah, waste of time. I'm happy with my level and play style for casual play. This just isn't an event for me, no biggie.
Was just a little bummed since I had set aside a chunk of dough for it. But both Steam and Oculus are having Halloween sales so they will get my money instead. :smoke:

Nah, waste of time. I'm happy with my level and play style for casual play. This just isn't an event for me, no biggie.
Was just a little bummed since I had set aside a chunk of dough for it. But both Steam and Oculus are having Halloween sales so they will get my money instead. :smoke:

Have you played Beat Saber? Thats my favorite.

Transference was really good too, scared the crap outta me.

Have you played Beat Saber? Thats my favorite.

Transference was really good too, scared the crap outta me.

Played Beat Saber for like 6 hours a day the week after it came out (lost a few pounds, lol). It's still fun, but even modded I'm sick of the songs, more of a party game now. Haven't tried Transference, the reviews were mixed. Still playing In Death a lot, love The Forest. This month I'm just going through all the horror games to get in the spoopy mood. Nothing really special yet, mostly just jump scares and experiences. Still fun. Anyway, off topic, sorry folks.

can the mayhem token trader be restocked with consumables?

So I just want to understand this. From testing so far it seems like Cat 1 is the best for my DPS, armor, and budget. But if my max profession level is 51 does that mean for the event I would be forced to do Cat 4? There's no way I can handle those mobs...

Then you cannot compete, but you can do practice mode.

Skills are only for using bigger guns, if you're not using bigger guns for bigger cats then you shouldn't have those skills. Sell them for profit.

Unless you're just not happy with your current level 50 guns, but want to eventually use level 90 guns, but beware you will be spending 10x more than you do now. Is that comfortable spending? If not... Chip out...

accustim are gone as well. but the hyperstims are the only thing I want.

About the repeatable mission. The first time I finished it I had to re enter instance 2 or 3 times until I got the new one so don't panic if you run into the same issue.

So I just want to understand this. From testing so far it seems like Cat 1 is the best for my DPS, armor, and budget. But if my max profession level is 51 does that mean for the event I would be forced to do Cat 4? There's no way I can handle those mobs...

Mate, you misunderstood mayhem events... especially with the design we've seen lately.
The events are made so you up your game a little in order to participate with a decent chance for placement. Think about it, would you enjoy an event where you had a decent chance to a prize with your skilling gear? i think not. (and yes, at level 51, if your armor and dps can only stand in cat1, that's skilling gear)

Last edited:

A chunk of dough to compete at a cat 1 level?

Mate, you misunderstood mayhem events... especially with the design we've seen lately.
The events are made so you up your game a little in order to participate with a decent chance for placement. Think about it, would you enjoy an event where you had a decent chance to a prize with your skilling gear? i think not. (and yes, at level 51, if your armor and dps can only stand in cat1, that's skilling gear)

Yea I hear ya. I was under-prepared for this, obviously. I had never tried one of the Mayhem events. My only event experience so far was with GR, which is designed more around mob level than player level (which makes more sense to me). It's all good, I will still login and shoot stuff up, just can't compete. No worries. I did loot some boxes so far, so that was cool.

A chunk of dough to compete at a cat 1 level?

No, for what I thought would be cat 4, but I had no idea what the mobs were like. It's my first rodeo.

I'm not a hardcore grinder or investor, I just like to depo and shoot 'em up for fun. *shrug*

hey ludvig, if you read this... whats up with that 45 gold token UL BP 20 FEN edition in the vendor. i hope it wasnt stocked because now its at 0 and if there has been some stocked and they sold i hope you turn them into limited as this is clearly a bug

and another question on top as this hasnt been clear for me from last mayhem:
for the dailys do only kills matter or do higher creatures yield more progress for the dailys, e.g. killpoints?

hey ludvig, if you read this... whats up with that 45 gold token UL BP 20 FEN edition in the vendor. i hope it wasnt stocked because now its at 0 and if there has been some stocked and they sold i hope you turn them into limited as this is clearly a bug

This indeed....my guess is that its just the name that is missing the (L) since there is already a BP20 FEN in there under Plat and no one is advertising selling all these guns they just purchased with Gold FEN Tokens (which they would do pretty quickly before MA switch them).

Otherwise pretty bug mess and i would hope they just remove them completely and give back the Gold FEN Tokens to the buyers.

This indeed....my guess is that its just the name that is missing the (L) since there is already a BP20 FEN in there under Plat and no one is advertising selling all these guns they just purchased with Gold FEN Tokens (which they would do pretty quickly before MA switch them).

Otherwise pretty bug mess and i would hope they just remove them completely and give back the Gold FEN Tokens to the buyers.

i remember they had a similar mistake a while back and there they changed them all to limited as that was how they were supposed to be... sucks that these mistakes happen again though

Seriously, real talk. If your level is outside of your playstyle, CHIP OUT ALL THOSE SKILLS FOR PROFIT.

I am perma level <35. I chip out consistently any skills that might raise me above 35. That is my comfortable level of play, and it makes me get profit consistently from hunts by selling the skills.

Who are you finding who is paying enough to actually profit from chipping out? I have been giving away skills for free and even paying people to take them and still having trouble finding takers.

Who are you finding who is paying enough to actually profit from chipping out? I have been giving away skills for free and even paying people to take them and still having trouble finding takers.

They sell on auction in less then 24h if you sell at monthly mu

Which skills? 'Cause the one I need to get rid of the most is Marksmanship, and that one doesn't sell even below monthly markup.

I am interested to know too, as I have seen skill chips at auction cheaper than the ESIs.
Don´t see any possible profit there :D

Which skills? 'Cause the one I need to get rid of the most is Marksmanship, and that one doesn't sell even below monthly markup.

Blp weapony tech always sells. Handgun sells easily too. I haven't attempted marksmanship sales yet

Am level 56 with 200 health (it went up cos of my play style - switched from gun to melee and doing mining).

I don't plan to be competing with level 70s. I will probably be over 220 health before I even hit lvl 65 max, meaning will be competing against the 80s.

Guess I will seat out all such events as they are only designed for those who only follow "one true way" of playing / selling / giving away skills to match the events.

Am level 56 with 200 health (it went up cos of my play style - switched from gun to melee and doing mining).

I don't plan to be competing with level 70s. I will probably be over 220 health before I even hit lvl 65 max, meaning will be competing against the 80s.

Guess I will seat out all such events as they are only designed for those who only follow "one true way" of playing / selling / giving away skills to match the events.

If your highest Combat Lvl is 56, you'd be in Cat5 for the Main Event with a cap of 190 HP, against Lvl 20 Mutants with 1540 HP.

Not sure what you mean by "competing with lvl 70's"

Yea I hear ya. I was under-prepared for this, obviously. I had never tried one of the Mayhem events. My only event experience so far was with GR, which is designed more around mob level than player level (which makes more sense to me). It's all good, I will still login and shoot stuff up, just can't compete. No worries. I did loot some boxes so far, so that was cool.

Of all mayhems, this is perhaps the least friendly to common UL armors, due to exotic damage combination.

I'd dare say Viceroy and Gremlin are nigh useless. My mining armor (Stolen Imperium) fares a little better - I'm comfortable in Cat 2, could probably plate up to Cat 3, but Cat 4 is a no-go.

On the plus side, it provides a boost to L business.

Animal armours (bear, jag etc) are fine with some 6b plates for elec
Crafted armours (zombie, phantom etc) are fine with 6a plates for penetration
Standard armours (shogun, paladin etc) are a little low in penetration but with 6b for elec should be ok

Only real problem is the gremlin as it has no pen and very little elec.

If you just want a bit of protection on each of the attacks (cut, impact, penetration, elec) then 4b would give 10 points with 2 or 3 on each of the attacks.

Just checked that stolen imperium, it should work well. How much dam are those liitle mobs doing?

Last edited:

This item did indeed have an error and it was supposed to be set to L rather than UL. It was never stocked, but will be in the future, once it has been fixed.

Of all mayhems, this is perhaps the least friendly to common UL armors, due to exotic damage combination.

I'd dare say Viceroy and Gremlin are nigh useless. My mining armor (Stolen Imperium) fares a little better - I'm comfortable in Cat 2, could probably plate up to Cat 3, but Cat 4 is a no-go.

I can kill cat 10 in stolen imperium/5b. M83 to half their health , and finishing with lifesteal melee.

Pegasus L ? maybe ?

I have no issues with pegasus L and 5b/smuggler plates. Cat 8 is almost no heal and cat 10 is HoT once a mob. Haven't tried it on the boss in 10 yet

Back