Difference between dps on item panel vs. wiki

Detritus

Sel-requested Deactivation
Detritus the Troll
I just noticed that the dps value given on the item info panel does not match what the wiki says for any of the guns I've checked so far.

Random example, Isis Zero-Four:

Info panel: 63.8 dps
Wiki: 44.3410 dps

I started picking at random and so far none of them match up. Can someone explain why there's a difference here?

Uncheck the effective damage and you'll get the correct results.

infopanel explained:

max dmg on gun 66. Split this on 60 (seconds in a minute) - multiply by actual 58 shots/minute = 63.8

The other is the actual dmg/sec made up of min and max dmg..

MA DPS = max damage * reload
Wiki DPS = (base crit chance * max damage) * average damage * reload * 0.9(mob evade chance) = average unbuffed DPS

MA DPS = max damage * reload
Wiki DPS = (base crit chance * max damage) * average damage * reload * 0.9(mob evade chance) = average unbuffed DPS

Assuming evade chance was correct when tested and hasn't changed since. This is the problem I have with the effective damage, there is no absolute facts that it's correct just trial and error tests that suggest it.

Uncheck the effective damage and you'll get the correct results.

infopanel explained:

max dmg on gun 66. Split this on 60 (seconds in a minute) - multiply by actual 58 shots/minute = 63.8

The other is the actual dmg/sec made up of min and max dmg..

Ah ok, I see now, thanks. So basically MA is advertising an unreachable maximum value, but the wiki shows a real-world value.

When comparing weapons it makes no difference whether you use max dam or effective dam (assuming you max the weapon)

The one ingame assumes max hit everytime one on wiki is true dps, only use for the one ingame is to see what cat youre in

Back