Suggestion: "Lock item" Inventory function

Vladington

Provider
Jules Vladington Brookstream
While I did find a couple of earlier post on the subject these were too old to reply on.

Today I made the mistake of firing up EU before even making my litre-or-so of morgning coffee. Sorting out my inventory and walking back and forth to the computer I ended up "repairing" my my Fi/Ra/Co Dante in the Trade Terminal. Talk about rough start of another day merely wanting to reach that 90ish percent returnrate.

Every stroke of the keyboard broke the soundbarrier from the speed I made a pleading-in-nature support case. Kudos to the support team for their fast replies as of late, but the answer left me very disheartened.

I am feeling deeply hesitant to pay the extremely hefty 1000 PED fee (dumbass-tax if you will) to get back on track.

My suggestion, made time and time again before by other other participants, is to finally allow us to LOCK our valuebles from being traded.

/ Vladington

While I did find a couple of earlier post on the subject these were too old to reply on.

Today I made the mistake of firing up EU before even making my litre-or-so of morgning coffee. Sorting out my inventory and walking back and forth to the computer I ended up "repairing" my my Fi/Ra/Co Dante in the Trade Terminal. Talk about rough start of another day merely wanting to reach that 90ish percent returnrate.

Every stroke of the keyboard broke the soundbarrier from the speed I made a pleading-in-nature support case. Kudos to the support team for their fast replies as of late, but the answer left me very disheartened.

I am feeling deeply hesitant to pay the extremely hefty 1000 PED fee (dumbass-tax if you will) to get back on track.

My suggestion, made time and time again before by other other participants, is to finally allow us to LOCK our valuebles from being traded.

/ Vladington

Your amp is unable to be TT'd if you leave it in your gun. Do that, never remove it. Bam locked item.

The 1000 idiot fee is always there, you had to click through 2 confirmations to sell it.

I like the idea of rare items being TT'd for several reasons, it increases item value if the person doesn't take it back, and if they do MA makes 1000 ped. A repair and TT terminal don't even have the same interface. There are hundreds of currently existing solutions to prevent this from occuring. When using a repair terminal don't ever drag items, click weapons, armor, etc, that fixes it. Or leave the amp in a gun, or leave them in containers. So many solutions.

Be happy that you can pay 1000 PED to get it back, there have been times when every trade was final!

I've never done it but I do stress about it all the time. Some games implement a simple buy back function; Anything you tt could be bought back for the same price for a brief period of time, say 5 minutes or until you leave the area. After that 5 minutes it would be lost for good.

I feel Entropia would benefit from such a system.

Your amp is unable to be TT'd if you leave it in your gun. Do that, never remove it. Bam locked item.

That doesnt work on high tt items, you would end up with Ks or 10s of Ks of ped tied up unused on a weapon you only need to repair 1-2k at a time.

I have tted a dante, it hurts :/

Thought I had again this weekend, repaired some stuff and had an extra 2k on my card I couldn't figure out why. was searching through all my inventory trying to remember what might be missing before I realized something sold in auction........

this request has been made every year for almost 10 years and the application for a loan system, but MA does not want to hear about it and it is more profitable for them to ask 1000ped

I'll never understand people who defend no having a lock function on UL items by saying "there was a pop-up window," as if that makes it okay that you just lost $100 USD.

It's clear MA doesn't change this because the fees for restoration make up a significant enough portion of their income that they can't afford to lose the income.

1000 PED to give you the item back?! :laugh:

Oh MA, why you so greedy?:rolleyes:

The 1000 idiot fee is always there, you had to click through 2 confirmations to sell it.

I like the idea of rare items being TT'd for several reasons, it increases item value if the person doesn't take it back, and if they do MA makes 1000 ped. A repair and TT terminal don't even have the same interface. There are hundreds of currently existing solutions to prevent this from occuring. When using a repair terminal don't ever drag items, click weapons, armor, etc, that fixes it. Or leave the amp in a gun, or leave them in containers. So many solutions.

Yes VB, this can be avoided but most apparently it still happens. Muscle memory can be a b*tch sometimes.

Be happy that you can pay 1000 PED to get it back, there have been times when every trade was final!

While I see your point GoNi and someone who had put something 10x or 100x as expensive as my wee amp would feel more relieved than hustled; I can't say I'm happy about this way of operating at all. With risk of sounding both dramatic and naive my feeling of participating in EU with it's developers has taken a thorn.

I've never done it but I do stress about it all the time. Some games implement a simple buy back function; Anything you tt could be bought back for the same price for a brief period of time, say 5 minutes or until you leave the area. After that 5 minutes it would be lost for good.

I feel Entropia would benefit from such a system.

Thank you for your reply Phil. I feel a buyback system limited by time and place is a good idea that would take pressure off both support and participants.

If I have to be happy about Customer Service like this every logout could be final as well :eyecrazy:

Honestly Dolly; Yes indeed. This has given me very bad vibes.

That doesnt work on high tt items, you would end up with Ks or 10s of Ks of ped tied up unused on a weapon you only need to repair 1-2k at a time.

I have tted a dante, it hurts :/

Thought I had again this weekend, repaired some stuff and had an extra 2k on my card I couldn't figure out why. was searching through all my inventory trying to remember what might be missing before I realized something sold in auction........

Thank you for sharing narfi, misery loves company. Happy to hear nothing of the sort had happened this weekend at least.

this request has been made every year for almost 10 years and the application for a loan system, but MA does not want to hear about it and it is more profitable for them to ask 1000ped

I have no problem to believe the profit-to-workload is sizeable in the matter. Thank you for replying Morfoc

Last edited:
You use the muscle memory defence, but if that was true you wouldn't have TT'd it. As the buttons you need to press to TT and to Repair are in completely different locations, as well as the popup window has you click in a different location. The muscle actions are completely different for the two actions.

Another tip is ALWAYS read the TT window before you click confirm. Confirmations windows are for reading, not spamming through.

Anyone who spams through any confirmation window without at least a cursory glance is going to be continually fucked like this in life, in other situations too.

Like getting a bad car loan, bad mortgage, overdrafts on bank accounts, missing payments, cashier typos on billing machines, depositing the wrong amount into debit machines, etc.

I'll never understand people who defend no having a lock function on UL items by saying "there was a pop-up window," as if that makes it okay that you just lost $100 USD.

It's clear MA doesn't change this because the fees for restoration make up a significant enough portion of their income that they can't afford to lose the income.

It's shamefully easy money at least. Thank you for your support Scurv.

1000 PED to give you the item back?! :laugh:

Oh MA, why you so greedy?:rolleyes:

I do wonder why a game I spend thousands of bucks to play can't pull off a the same supportive measures that a game that costs 10-15 bucks a month at most can. Thank you for your reply BB

You use the muscle memory defence, but if that was true you wouldn't have TT'd it. As the buttons you need to press to TT and to Repair are in completely different locations, as well as the popup window has you click in a different location. The muscle actions are completely different for the two actions.

Another tip is ALWAYS read the TT window before you click confirm. Confirmations windows are for reading, not spamming through.

Anyone who spams through any confirmation window without at least a cursory glance is going to be continually fucked like this in life, in other situations too.

Like getting a bad car loan, bad mortgage, overdrafts on bank accounts, missing payments, cashier typos on billing machines, depositing the wrong amount into debit machines, etc.

Again VB; It still happened. We can agree on disagreeing that there should be better support and or protection for these mishaps in a game where you already pay thousands of USD to participate. Thank you for your valueable tips.

There are always two sides to the coin, and no offense Rusty, but you are being an ass.

If MA support would just sell you back anything you TTed every time you asked it would get abused/exploited as a short term loan by people and flood their support personnel with trivial and unnecessary work. 1k fee helps prevent this, I understand the need for it.

Yes we should read everything, yes it is our own fault for making mistakes.
That does not mean people don't make mistakes every single day.
That does not mean there should or could not be better systems in place for preventing this.

There is no solid argument against a toggle for personaly item locking items until such a time as you wish to unlock them. None.

People play this game tired, people play this game drunk, people play this game high, people play this game as an escape from reality, people play this game to enjoy with friends, people play this game for a wide variety of reasons, and if that time can be made more enjoyable and less stressful, then it should be done.

People make mistakes, and be careful Rusty..... people who insult people who make mistakes often end up making the same mistake themselves and receiving very little of the empathy they should have showed originally in return.

There are always two sides to the coin, and no offense Rusty, but you are being an ass.

If MA support would just sell you back anything you TTed every time you asked it would get abused/exploited as a short term loan by people and flood their support personnel with trivial and unnecessary work. 1k fee helps prevent this, I understand the need for it.

Yes we should read everything, yes it is our own fault for making mistakes.
That does not mean people don't make mistakes every single day.
That does not mean there should or could not be better systems in place for preventing this.

There is no solid argument against a toggle for personaly item locking items until such a time as you wish to unlock them. None.

People play this game tired, people play this game drunk, people play this game high, people play this game as an escape from reality, people play this game to enjoy with friends, people play this game for a wide variety of reasons, and if that time can be made more enjoyable and less stressful, then it should be done.

People make mistakes, and be careful Rusty..... people who insult people who make mistakes often end up making the same mistake themselves and receiving very little of the empathy they should have showed originally in return.

it does make sense to have the fee, but it also would make sense if they gave each avatar 3 reverse TT coupons or something like that before having to pay the 100$ fee...… in fact my guess is if they did a one time limited sale of 3 reverse TT coupons on the webshop for 20$ once per year or something.... they would come out way ahead of the number who actually do end up paying the fee.

Let me add that since people have already been paying this fee we are past the point of no-return unless MA would feel like repaying these people retroactively.

This is why I can at most press the matter of making the game more secure for all participants in the future.

If I knew they would take the critique to heart and get to work on something I would pay the fee with a lighter heart.

sometime long time ago i wanted to 'repair' 4 a104 at the tt, and they were quite a bit more pricey than nowadays ... ofc MA wanted 4x 1k ped, so i didn't accept their 'offer'

sorry for your loss!

While I see your point GoNi and someone who had put something 10x or 100x as expensive as my wee amp would feel more relieved than hustled; I can't say I'm happy about this way of operating at all. With risk of sounding both dramatic and naive my feeling of participating in EU with it's developers has taken a thorn.

It was not meant against your idea of locking items, that really would be awesome.

I just wanted to point out that in the past you simply lost your TTed items.
The option to buy back for 1k PED fee, was introduced after xXxSqualxXx accidently TT his UL amp worth over 100k PED.

So MA already made something, for a fee yes, but it is not necessary lost as it was befor the UL amp incident.

If there would be lock I surely would use it too.

I am no fan of free buyback options, as this could be abused different ways.

sometime long time ago i wanted to 'repair' 4 a104 at the tt, and they were quite a bit more pricey than nowadays ... ofc MA wanted 4x 1k ped, so i didn't accept their 'offer'

sorry for your loss!

Thank you for sharing and caring Zenman.

Perhaps add a "system". well i dunno I say a system, but give the person who have deposted xx amount of money the ability to get his item for free.

Or give someone who have been in game over 3-5 or 10+ years such "bonus".

They could use same system as they do with enhancers. A slot where you put an "enhancer" so item
can't be sold, or dropped ( I guess drop is solved at least.) Many years since I asked for this. :silly2:

Maybe they should just make the TT machine and the repair machine look completey different from each other??? ....oh wait

They could use same system as they do with enhancers. A slot where you put an "enhancer" so item
can't be sold, or dropped ( I guess drop is solved at least.) Many years since I asked for this. :silly2:

This would be one way to add to the security of our virtual items, but maybe a simple right-click-option or item info screen ticbox could be more universally applied?

They do indeed seem to have found a very creative way of stopping accidental drops. Let's see them go the same way with items and make NOTHING TT:ABLE! :laugh::) ( Seriously though don't let that be the suggestion you take with you from this thread Devs)

Perhaps add a "system". well i dunno I say a system, but give the person who have deposted xx amount of money the ability to get his item for free.

Or give someone who have been in game over 3-5 or 10+ years such "bonus".

While I can see your logic I feel this would be a very complicated yet still exploitable solution. Thank you for replying and sharing your ideas Rock!

I misread the OP and thought you were blaming the system for the error (in addition to being tired) is why I was being an ass but rereading your post your not blaming anyone but yourself so yea... I apologize for being an ass.

I think it would be in MA's benefit to allow a 6 month buyback of TT items. It would allow loans like narfi said which would have more decay in MA pocket. And people could deposit extra after 6 months to rebuy everything and sell at MU. The whole system would encourage more trade and make MA more decay and players more profit. I think it would be a great system and it would obviously solve this issue too.

I play this game as an asshole as an escape. I like to be an asshole but I still need to be appropriate with it and point it in the right direction for it to at least be mildly comedic and acceptable.

I misread the OP and thought you were blaming the system for the error (in addition to being tired) is why I was being an ass but rereading your post your not blaming anyone but yourself so yea... I apologize for being an ass.

I think it would be in MA's benefit to allow a 6 month buyback of TT items. It would allow loans like narfi said which would have more decay in MA pocket. And people could deposit extra after 6 months to rebuy everything and sell at MU. The whole system would encourage more trade and make MA more decay and players more profit. I think it would be a great system and it would obviously solve this issue too.

But then there would be forum posts about people forgetting they had TT'd something over 6 months ago and just remembered now....so lets just cut to the chase and make it that you can buy back anything you have tt'd on your account.

But then there would be forum posts about people forgetting they had TT'd something over 6 months ago and just remembered now....so lets just cut to the chase and make it that you can buy back anything you have tt'd on your account.

Just worries about database size but your right its not more than storage container database size so it shouldn't be an issue to be infinite.

I humbly appreciate your apology and thank you for sharing your ideas. However:

I understand MA needed to draw a line somewhere for security, stability and sanitys sake but the way this ordeal left me feeling is that if we can not have the support we could sure use more security measures.

Back