Suggestion: "Lock item" Inventory function

I humbly appreciate your apology and thank you for sharing your ideas. However:

I understand MA needed to draw a line somewhere for security, stability and sanitys sake but the way this ordeal left me feeling is that if we can not have the support we could sure use more security measures.

For MA to do anything, they need economic incentive. My suggestion would make them profit by causing more decay so I think they are most likely to go for something like that, that solves your issue by proxy.

if we can not have the support we could sure use more security measures.

Well you have the support...it just costs the fee of 1000ped. Perhaps it should cost 2-3 times the tt value of the item instead. In terms of security measures, there is already a window that pops up and asks you to check if you want to sell the items....there should not be anything more required than that.

How about MA just make it that you cannot tt anything, what you have is account bound and cannot be traded. If it is an L item and hits the minimum amount then it is auto destroyed, If it is UL then you can still repair but you need to click through 50 windows of "are you sure?" before it will actually repair the item.

Sorry to sound like an arse, but there are too many people that just don't pay attention to what they are doing and then expect MA to fix a problem that was created by the player. If people just paid attention to the game there would be no issues like this. If your drunk, don't play. You need a certain amount of coffee before making decisions, then have those coffees first. Need a shot of heroin to get amped up before doing PVP, then be my guest. the list goes on.

Well you have the support...it just costs the fee of 1000ped. Perhaps it should cost 2-3 times the tt value of the item instead. In terms of security measures, there is already a window that pops up and asks you to check if you want to sell the items....there should not be anything more required than that.

How about MA just make it that you cannot tt anything, what you have is account bound and cannot be traded. If it is an L item and hits the minimum amount then it is auto destroyed, If it is UL then you can still repair but you need to click through 50 windows of "are you sure?" before it will actually repair the item.

Sorry to sound like an arse, but there are too many people that just don't pay attention to what they are doing and then expect MA to fix a problem that was created by the player. If people just paid attention to the game there would be no issues like this. If your drunk, don't play. You need a certain amount of coffee before making decisions, then have those coffees first. Need a shot of heroin to get amped up before doing PVP, then be my guest. the list goes on.
You know what they say..
One asshole closes another opens up.

While I did find a couple of earlier post on the subject these were too old to reply on.

Today I made the mistake of firing up EU before even making my litre-or-so of morgning coffee. Sorting out my inventory and walking back and forth to the computer I ended up "repairing" my my Fi/Ra/Co Dante in the Trade Terminal. Talk about rough start of another day merely wanting to reach that 90ish percent returnrate.

Every stroke of the keyboard broke the soundbarrier from the speed I made a pleading-in-nature support case. Kudos to the support team for their fast replies as of late, but the answer left me very disheartened.

I am feeling deeply hesitant to pay the extremely hefty 1000 PED fee (dumbass-tax if you will) to get back on track.

My suggestion, made time and time again before by other other participants, is to finally allow us to LOCK our valuebles from being traded.

/ Vladington

This is the kind of repairing I'm always afraid of doing. That's why I always look and read everything really carefully before clicking that repair button. I feel It can easily happen as I'm usually half zoned out when playing EU.

This is the kind of repairing I'm always afraid of doing. That's why I always look and read everything really carefully before clicking that repair button. I feel It can easily happen as I'm usually half zoned out when playing EU.

The highly repetetive nature of the game could leave even the best of us zoned out. Keep being careful Mr. Relish, it's not a funny virtual life lesson to pay for. Thank you for your reply

This is pretty much like a 10 year old issue. The 1000 ped retrieval fee was introduced by MA as a solution to this while the "lock item" idea has been suggested also in the past.

Back