Question: Has Anyone Received a GDPR Report Yet?

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
I created a support case on May 25th where I requested one and only received one response four days later where they said they would answer "within the allowed time frame". Well, a few reminders later still nothing.

According to law they have to respond within one month, but now it's been five months already...

Sub-questions:
  1. What's included in that report in case you have received such a report?
  2. Does anyone of you have experience with GDPR with any company worldwide and/or has filed a complaint?
  3. What's to expect from MindArk?

i asked for one as well and got the same "timeframe" answer like you a few days later. nothing since. should be time to forward it to the authorities now? but that probably means 4% less loot for everyone :D

Just reply to them saying they are over the allotted timeframe outlined in the GDPR and that unless they respond within the next week that you will forward this onto the appropriate authorities.

Last edited:
I created a support case on May 25th where I requested one and only received one response four days later where they said they would answer "within the allowed time frame". Well, a few reminders later still nothing.

According to law they have to respond within one month, but now it's been five months already...

Sub-questions:
  1. What's included in that report in case you have received such a report?
  2. Does anyone of you have experience with GDPR with any company worldwide and/or has filed a complaint?
  3. What's to expect from MindArk?

LOL Ok so let me get this straight...

The minute the new GDPR law comes into effect you file a support ticket demanding a GDPR report because (my guess) you were assuming that they were going to send you a detailed report showing all sorts of data like your returns, log in times, activity log, internal notes on your account and all sorts of other black box data associated with the inner workings of Entropia related to your account?

And now that they haven't delivered this report (that you're not even sure what it should include) people are already chomping at the bit to try to sue them / get them fined over it? lol

Well, I think you're going to be sorely disappointed by the outcome here. There seems to be a lot of misunderstanding surrounding GDPR - as far as my understanding of GDPR goes from what I have read these are the key points worth noting:

1. The data that is covered is:

• Basic identity information such as name, address and ID numbers
  • Web data such as location, IP address, cookie data and RFID tags
  • Health and genetic data
  • Biometric data
  • Racial or ethnic data
  • Political opinions
  • Sexual orientation

All of the relevant data that falls into these categories are available when you log in to your account on the Entropia Universe website which you have full control over. Other data regarding your avatars performance and such would not be included in this.

2. One of the biggest parts of the new GDPR are rules pertaining to protecting kids data which is now defined as being under 16 (instead of the previous age of 13)

3. Another big part is the requirement to be transparent of how companies protect peoples data and report data breeches within 72 hours when feasible. Most of these details are outlined in the ToS and privacy policy that you accept every time you log into EU. Though yes, they could arguably be more detailed about their on-site security like guards, cameras...etc that helps keep your data safe.

4. Individuals have a few rights that come along with the new GDPR:
  • They have a right to get access to a copy of their private data maintained by a company. But again this is only the data as defined in #1 and most is already accessible when you log in.
  • They have a right to demand all their personal data is deleted from a companies possession.
  • They have a right to be notified of and grant or deny permission to process/transfer their data. Though there are exceptions where it can be bypassed if there is a “lawful basis” for the processing activity (IE law enforcement, banks sharing data (withdrawals), insurance companies, tax processing..etc).

5. Finally perhaps the BIGGEST thing to note here from what I have read in regards to Article 30 exemptions:
The obligations referred to in paragraphs 1 and 2 shall not apply to (a company) employing fewer than 250 persons unless the processing it carries out is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects, the processing is not occasional, or the processing includes special categories of data as referred to in Article 9(1) or personal data relating to criminal convictions and offences referred to in Article 10.

In other words:
Smaller firms – those defined as having 250 employees or less – do not have to comply with all GDPR rules as standard. If your organisation falls into this band, there’s no need to have documentation of why personal data is being collected and processed, the information you’re storing or how long for. Smaller firms are not required to maintain a record of processing activities unless this carries a risk to the rights and freedoms of data subjects, it is a regular occurrence, or it relates to certain data like criminal convictions and offences.

Not sure how many employees Mindark has but I think it's under 250. I think they have like 15 people and 4 chimps working for them lol

Anyways.... before we fly off the handle trying to get a huge fine levied on Mindark over this crap maybe forcing them to shut the game down forever without notice - pissing thousands of people off and royaling fucking many out of ungodly sums of money they have put in over the years.

Maybe we should first consider what it is you're even asking them for when you ask for a GDPR report and if they are actually required to give you the specific information you THINK you're going to get and/or if the information they are obligated to give you is even worth the hassle.

i think you are missing the point entirely here jambon.

its not about getting any secret info whatsoever. its about them wanting / trying to stand above the law once again. they need to apply to rules and if they dont they have to get fined for it. like any other fucking company as well.

and something they also need to tell is to which third party they have given out your details. and third parties are all of their side projects. would be interesting to see.
as well as any kind of support ticket you have written and all of their answers they have to give you as well. and all their internal marks for this kind of stuff.

it's kinda hilarious that people...

use google to search for everything, every day, all the time

have accounts on most social media platforms and share their life up to their toilet schedule

post pictures of themselves and their friends online, that they'll never be able to get off the internet again

buy most of their stuff online at amazon or similar bigdata companies

almost never question those companies partnerships with intelligence or military

silently accept worldwide spying of the five eyes

and then maybe complain about privacy in onlinegames, while not understanding what privacy is even about

no offense! but thanks for the good laugh :laugh:

and something they also need to tell is to which third party they have given out your details. and third parties are all of their side projects. would be interesting to see.
as well as any kind of support ticket you have written and all of their answers they have to give you as well. and all their internal marks for this kind of stuff.

the first thing would be to read MA's privacy policy, it already answers some questions, but yes, not as detailed as possible. they prolly don't have the manpower for more...

and ofc i don't know, but please let me guess how they share data:

if you depo using creditcard, they prolly have to share data with visa/mastercard
when you visit their website, they maybe share that with google
and things alike..

i'm pretty sure mindark would never share any participants personal or financial data with anyone else, they aren't that stupid!

also i think you're wasting both your own and mindark's time

gl anyways & have a nice time :girl:

PS: forgot to add, that for running the business, it may be necessary to share data with accountants, lawyers, banks. but that's common sense, isn't it?

Last edited:
i think you are missing the point entirely here jambon.

its not about getting any secret info whatsoever. its about them wanting / trying to stand above the law once again. they need to apply to rules and if they dont they have to get fined for it. like any other fucking company as well.

I don't see that they are trying to subvert the law at all if they fall under exemption by having less than 250 employees... did you read my whole post?

I don't see that they are trying to subvert the law at all if they fall under exemption by having less than 250 employees... did you read my whole post?

did you read all the exceptions to that 250 employees rule? thats basically every company so the size doesnt matter

it's kinda hilarious that people...

use google to search for everything, every day, all the time
I'm not using Google.

have accounts on most social media platforms and share their life up to their toilet schedule
I don't have any social media accounts.

post pictures of themselves and their friends online, that they'll never be able to get off the internet again
I have never done that.

buy most of their stuff online at amazon or similar bigdata companies
I don't buy online.

almost never question those companies partnerships with intelligence or military
I do.

silently accept worldwide spying of the five eyes
I don't.

and then maybe complain about privacy in onlinegames, while not understanding what privacy is even about
I do complain.

Seriously, you are not everybody so whatever you think is right or wrong others may think differently. :wise:

Anyway, "interestingly enough" I got a reply today with some answers. I'm going to tell them to put the info into their documents right away.

And apparently I wasn't too clear about asking for a data report... I should open a new support case :laugh:

I'm not using Google.
I don't have any social media accounts.
I have never done that.
I don't buy online.
I do.
I don't.
I do complain.
Seriously, you are not everybody so whatever you think is right or wrong others may think differently. :wise:

LOL yeah social accounts are the devil, they log every word you say and are not secure even with their 2-factor authentication. You've got to be vigilant in protecting your privacy and data - he says as he makes his 3000-somethingth post on a public forum that doesn't even use SSL for signing in. :laugh: Ahhh classic.

i only wanted to point out that GDPR isn't really an issue ... in our tiny halfbroken EUniverse ;)

rather our problem no. #234789

I love how a good 20% of entropians are google laywers of some kind lol.

You would make more of an effect in your local community tripping on a crack more than 2 inches in the pavement. At least they would fill in the hole, making the path better for them old people in your community. Or something like that lol~

Last edited:
Anyway, "interestingly enough" I got a reply today with some answers. I'm going to tell them to put the info into their documents right away.

And apparently I wasn't too clear about asking for a data report... I should open a new support case :laugh:

I am wondering if the bit in your signature where you show a referral link to a bitcoin betting site is legal on this forum?

get more raffle tickets at freebitco.in

I am wondering if the bit in your signature where you show a referral link to a bitcoin betting site is legal on this forum?

No, in theory it is not allowed as it breaks rule 2.10 - Affiliate Links/Solicitation.

But neither is your own signature... (Rule 4.5 - Signature Limits).

:)

Lol defo a lawyer thread XD lol

What referral link in what signature? ;) :rolleyes::whistle:

Back