Halloween Gift 2018

I deposit and have not received any gift. On Calypso.

but how much do you deposit?

I help you out Bertha :)

Holiday Gifts
18 Dec 2006

For those wondering about the criteria for receiving gifts, maybe this will help:

One Gift: Participant has created an Account before the VU the avatar has achieved a minimum of 20 points in any skill.

Two Gifts: The participant has made at least one successful registered deposit.

Three Gifts: The participant has deposited at least 10,000 PED or is the registered owner of an estate.

P.S. Nothing on Cyrene yet gift-wise, but that doesn't surprise me since they appear to have been having issues since the March VU... and the last 'gifts' from them for Xmas was nothing but a cloned copy of the Halloween thing last year... same exact look to it and just new name...

On Cyrene the current issues since March are:

1. Vlad's not looting anything (March Vu promised he'd start looting maze certificates in addition to other loots (in March it appears Mindark turned off his ability to loot anything... so if you go hunt him you'll waste peds unless your only goal is to get a wolpertinger a bit faster as his mission gets you the 8th daily certificate for that thing)

Vlad will start looting stuff again (as originally promised in March 2018 vu - currently as of 10/12/2018 he doesn't loot anything at all... he simply dies if you kill him and mission to kill him completes):

http://cyreneforum.com/threads/planet-cyrene-vu-notes-march-27th-2018.7825/

http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/vlad-the-untraveler.7882/#post-28280
2. False advertisments Zyn Campfire prices (maybe that should be sent to the Lawyers wanting to start a class action suit back on Calypso?)
----------------

False advertising about price of campfire will be fixed (guess it's 500 and not 50 tokens as advertised when you click on the campfire and the little text thing comes up that says you can buy it for only 50? Hope they make it only 50... since false advertising is not a good thing):
http://www.cyreneforum.com/threads/50-vs-500-tokens-for-fireplace.7911/#post-28278

campfire.jpg

broker-false_advertising_828520.jpg

(just checked a few seconds ago and false prices on campfire is still in there today, 11/1/2018)

3. Exploiters using auto tool and auto loot to hunt from same spot forever on stationary mob that don't move (some say it's not an exploit) Support case entered October 22 still hasn't been responded to, and as of tonight, at least one avatar is still sitting in that maze autotool shooting away in same direction I see him logged in to every single day, facing exact same position he's usually at...

5. Ricardo NPC that's supposed to be who you turn the maze hammers in per March VU, still won't respond to any avatar...

5. Probably some other issues too, but those are the ones I've seen first hand...

As for the gifts... would be nice if they weren't more crap that lootable in space... like in olden days...
2017201620152014201320122011201020092008200720062005200420032002Unknown
If this thread hasn't been updated with new gifts simply reply with list of gifts and a picture of items and I will update list promptly.
-AvalonRychmon.

Since the 'official' start of one of the last parts of mayhem is tomorrow, I suspect that rest of planets, if they will release anything giftwise, will do so over weekend... but we'll see... I used to enjoy making annual trips to all different planets to pick up the gifts, but nowadays with all the pirates sitting around the new moon, and most of the stuff being lootable in space, and each planet maybe or maybe not doing the gift thing (and those that do make it randomly show up on some day that isn't really the holiday related to the gift with some doing it a few days before, some a few days later, and some not at all) just doesn't make sense to travel on holidays anymore for the most part. Maybe Mindark should make it so that the gifts are all universal and you get em by going in to the mayhem instances as an add on freebie for coming in to the instance instead of actually being on any particular planet?

Last edited:
but how much do you deposit?

P.S. Nothing on Cyrene yet gift-wise, but that doesn't surprise me since they appear to have been having issues since the March VU... and the last 'gifts' from them for Xmas was nothing but a cloned copy of the Halloween thing last year... same exact look to it and just new name...

On Cyrene the current issues since March are:

1. Vlad's not looting anything (March Vu promised he'd start looting maze certificates in addition to other loots (in March it appears Mindark turned off his ability to loot anything... so if you go hunt him you'll waste peds unless your only goal is to get a wolpertinger a bit faster as his mission gets you the 8th daily certificate for that thing)

2. False advertisments Zyn Campfire prices (maybe that should be sent to the Lawyers wanting to start a class action suit back on Calypso?)

(just checked a few seconds ago and false prices on campfire is still in there today, 11/1/2018)

3. Exploiters using auto tool and auto loot to hunt from same spot forever on stationary mob that don't move (some say it's not an exploit) Support case entered October 22 still hasn't been responded to, and as of tonight, at least one avatar is still sitting in that maze autotool shooting away in same direction I see him logged in to every single day, facing exact same position he's usually at...

5. Ricardo NPC that's supposed to be who you turn the maze hammers in per March VU, still won't respond to any avatar...

5. Probably some other issues too, but those are the ones I've seen first hand...

As for the gifts... would be nice if they weren't more crap that lootable in space... like in olden days...

Since the 'official' start of one of the last parts of mayhem is tomorrow, I suspect that rest of planets, if they will release anything giftwise, will do so over weekend... but we'll see... I used to enjoy making annual trips to all different planets to pick up the gifts, but nowadays with all the pirates sitting around the new moon, and most of the stuff being lootable in space, and each planet maybe or maybe not doing the gift thing (and those that do make it randomly show up on some day that isn't really the holiday related to the gift with some doing it a few days before, some a few days later, and some not at all) just doesn't make sense to travel on holidays anymore for the most part. Maybe Mindark should make it so that the gifts are all universal and you get em by going in to the mayhem instances as an add on freebie for coming in to the instance instead of actually being on any particular planet?

wow thanks awesome resoponse !!!

Some "unique".... pumpkin.... again YeeeY! :) But, is there anything yet? Would like to come over! Been about a month or so away from Caly.
Also, instead of what mastermesh posted (I agree with most of), I still enjoy my traditional trip around planets for the holiday gifts!

Last edited:
Some "unique".... pumpkin.... again YeeeY! :) But, is there anything yet? Would like to come over! Been about a month or so away from Caly.
Also, instead of what mastermesh posted (I agree with most of), I still enjoy my traditional trip around planets for the holiday gifts!

Yes it is a fun time ! Still no item on RT yet. It would it be neat if MA did a mission for the holiday gift. So if you brought it to a broker on each planet you exchange it for a different one. A free universe wide mission chain to help the economy on the dead planets.

Yes it is a fun time ! Still no item on RT yet. It would it be neat if MA did a mission for the holiday gift. So if you brought it to a broker on each planet you exchange it for a different one. A free universe wide mission chain to help the economy on the dead planets.

i suspect they may be heading in that direction... last year Arkadia did a few missions that allowed you to get back some of the same Christmas plushies from the past...

before that Rocktropia did the POVR thing that sort of expanded on the same system the Rocktropia npc up in the clock tower did before that... time will tell if other planets do similar type of mini-events... or some mega event that ties them all together somehow...

could be interesting...

The run all around beer run thing on Calypso was interesting... maybe they'll do something like that planet wide... maybe to open up some major treasure chest instance at the end where you visit santa's workshop or something?

Last edited:
At Christmas of 2019 they will give you your Halloween gift from 2018 Lol :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I wish they would just give us a jack-o-lantern decoration each year. And each year they could just make it a different face with the year carved in the back,

It doesn't have to have any TT. But the candies and stuff just... are boring.

I wish they would just give us a jack-o-lantern decoration each year. And each year they could just make it a different face with the year carved in the back,

It doesn't have to have any TT. But the candies and stuff just... are boring.

I wish they would stop giving free stuff because if they are late with the gifts, people are in pain it seems, from withdrawal symptoms

And I thought that there were only beggars who demands gifts for free !! ? because if it should be a gift, it should be voluntary from the donor's side and not something that is required from the masses ;)

What is this gift everyone is talking about? Sorry new around here.

Mindark gives out seasonal gifts for the main holidays on a specific date. Those can range from decorative things for apartments, pills, creature control tablets or clothes commemorating that 'you were there'.

After the introduction of planet partners, each used to give their own distinct gift, making it an event for some to rush and visit all planets on the right day to gather them all.

And I thought that there were only beggars who demands gifts for free !! ? because if it should be a gift, it should be voluntary from the donor's side and not something that is required from the masses ;)

What beggars? what you talking about? This is a game and gifts are part of the fun and remind us there is a "special" season on the way! H.o.l.i.d.a.y.s! If you look at MMO's all around planet there are such "gifts" and in some cases are'nt so cheap either. How much difficult or ubnormal is for dev's to give a 10 pack buff pills package with a nice design or a nice new design of lantern. They gave 'em at first place, nobody asked anyway.

Last edited:
What beggars? what you talking about? This is a game and gifts are part of the fun and remind us there is a "special" season on the way! H.o.l.i.d.a.y.s! If you look at MMO's all around planet there are such "gifts" and in some cases are'nt so cheap either. How much difficult or ubnormal is for dev's to give a 10 pack buff pills package with a nice design or a nice new design of lantern. They gave 'em at first place, nobody asked anyway.

Common sense.
That's what you (not you you Billy Jean, but those that regularly point out the gifts are late or absent) lack when you ask for your present and start explain how normal it is for you to get your present, how nice of other people that give presents but now this game.
Your lack of common sense hurts ours *, and makes you look like a beggar.

* It's very cringe when someone points it out that they are waiting for their gift. A gift is something you receive, not something you deserve. In this game, asking for a gift, should make you loose the right to receive one :D

Last edited:
I mean your point is fine but at same time imagine youre a kid every year you get a present from your mom at xmas, and then one xmas you dont, the decorations are up the dinners being cooked, family are coming round. She hasnt mentioned anything about it. Idk about you but in this situation id be like yo fool wheres my xmas gift? and expect an answer like, cant afford it/youve been naughty dont deserve it/got lost in mail its gonna be late etc etc. While i dont rly care myself when somethings done regularly and stops with no reason or mention people just wanna know what sup. Improved communication ceo can simply say were were busy with x and werent able to roll them out in time/we forgot/theres a bug with them/we dont like you etc etc

I mean your point is fine but at same time imagine youre a kid every year you get a present from your mom at xmas, and then one xmas you dont, the decorations are up the dinners being cooked, family are coming round. She hasnt mentioned anything about it. Idk about you but in this situation id be like yo fool wheres my xmas gift? and expect an answer like, cant afford it/youve been naughty dont deserve it/got lost in mail its gonna be late etc etc. While i dont rly care myself when somethings done regularly and stops with no reason or mention people just wanna know what sup. Improved communication ceo can simply say were were busy with x and werent able to roll them out in time/we forgot/theres a bug with them/we dont like you etc etc

Your point is fine too but you shouldn't imagine you're a kid. You're not. Kids are dumb then they grow up and snap out of it. Well, most of them.........

Improved communication ceo
Oh, you mean the guy that said come to Calypso to turn in those compet deeds?... (that communication alone has made him the worst CEO to communicate with us so far since it was an outright lie as things really turned out. Previous CEOs may have told half truths, or little white lies, not direct outright lies that misdirected avatars to the wrong damn side of the virtual universe!... We, uh lost you 80% or so of your value of your deeds, now come spend some more on oil, thruster decay, and a bunch of time in a lootable zone... and if you don't have a space vehicle yet, go buy one... now go to the opposite corner of space where we'll set up the npc...)

(for me personally it's no biggie since I am a routine planet hopper, but quite a few friends in chat, old society, etc are not... just last night in chat one chat pal who holds compet deeds indicated they had no idea that compets trade in was even happening... suspect others are out there too. The fact that some players are not aware of these type of things since not everyone reads forums, updates, etc, should be something that concerns mindark... there tons of ways communications could be improved massively.)

Last edited:
Oh, you mean the guy that said come to Calypso to turn in those compet deeds?... (that communication alone has made him the worst CEO to communicate with us so far since it was an outright lie as things really turned out. Previous CEOs may have told half truths, or little white lies, not direct outright lies that misdirected avatars to the wrong damn side of the virtual universe!... We, uh lost you 80% or so of your value of your deeds, now come spend some more on oil, thruster decay, and a bunch of time in a lootable zone... and if you don't have a space vehicle yet, go buy one... now go to the opposite corner of space where we'll set up the npc...)

I hope you will have the power to pick up the pieces and recover from this tragedy and get out of this immense shock. Deep admiration for your power and struggle in your war with this audacity that you had to go through to believe the NPC was on Caly while it was actually hidden by a devious mind on Arkadia pfffft . Good luck mastermesh, we are here for you in case you want to tell us more so we can laugh a little.

That's for sure, but it seems that at least Cyrene actually planned to gift them this year, but the zombie santa never made it.

Calling the holiday gifts a handout to beggers should stop. Mindark clearly stated that if you deposit or own property you will recieve better gifts. This is an exchange of money for a service. Not begging for handouts.

Yes I understand some of the gifts are for players who did not deposit. But not all ! Some people like me invested a lot of money on them.

Totally agree that MA should have all official games news on one source that is viewed by all players. This confusion is rather disappointing. Players on one planet have no idea what is happening on others unless they spend all day reading many different forums.

Tantrums over freebies should stop as well :laugh:

It looks like we are getting A Lump of Coal (L) this Xmas boys and girls. :xconfused:

I can't believe this post is actually real - I am crying with laughter - please get over it :wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg::wtg:

buying FEN gold tokens

Slightly OT...

But did I hear right that the creature control system is gone? I still have CC candies to use... :umn::acid::offtopic:

I tried out the live chat support on the official MA site to see what is going on with the Halloween gifts. Here is what they said. I summarize they removed their info regarding the holiday gifts from the MA page, and they are not going to say why... Or how do you rate their responses ?

Leland - Hi, can you share the link with me that explains how the holiday gifts work? I read it before but lost the link. It explains how players who deposit get a extra gift during the holiday season.

Loki - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?48580-christmas-gifts-and-deposits

Leland- thanks, yes i have read this. It says to look up the official MA link.
can't find it though

Loki - https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?48524-Holiday-Gifts&p=575766#post575766
Can't find the official link.

Leland - ok , ya same here. I have been waiting on RT for my Halloween gift for weeks. Do you know if it has been cancelled or just delayed ? I would like to fly back to caly to do the event but can't until the gift is released. I don't want to miss it.

Loki - We do not have info sorry.
But none receives a Halloween gifts.

Back