Question: Halloween 2018 Survival

Xanato Xan Kaso

Stalker
Society
The Frozen Flame
Xanato Xan Kaso
I like the idea of survival mode, but I am having a serious issue with being swarmed and not able to get to the location in time or when I get to the location having to stand there also causes me to get swarmed. Most mobs do not have a hitbox that prevents you from moving the way these dogs do. Is anyone else having this issue?

Another problem is the damage dealt by the dogs. I have tried an assortment of plates and armors, but I still seem to be getting hit for the same 15.2 damage regardless of what I try. Is there such thing as unblockable damage?

I like the idea of survival mode, but I am having a serious issue with being swarmed and not able to get to the location in time or when I get to the location having to stand there also causes me to get swarmed. Most mobs do not have a hitbox that prevents you from moving the way these dogs do. Is anyone else having this issue?

Another problem is the damage dealt by the dogs. I have tried an assortment of plates and armors, but I still seem to be getting hit for the same 15.2 damage regardless of what I try. Is there such thing as unblockable damage?

The dogs have unblockable damage. That's confirmed by myself and a few others. Possibly a new damage type that there is no armor for. Let's call it "Spooky Damage".

You need to kill the mobs fast enough to not get swarmed, eventually it's impossible to not be swarmed, thats when you shoot the explosive barrel and make it explode, it takes like 10k damage in cat 2 to blow up so I 'charge' it up over time and it can kill like 20 mobs at once dealing with the crowd.

I only did one attempt so far and I got 31 minutes and am in first place for Cat 2. I am waiting for others to set some times so I know how many pills to roll in there with to get a real score.

The dogs have unblockable damage. That's confirmed by myself and a few others. Possibly a new damage type that there is no armor for. Let's call it "Spooky Damage".

You need to kill the mobs fast enough to not get swarmed, eventually it's impossible to not be swarmed, thats when you shoot the explosive barrel and make it explode, it takes like 10k damage in cat 2 to blow up so I 'charge' it up over time and it can kill like 20 mobs at once dealing with the crowd.

I only did one attempt so far and I got 31 minutes and am in first place for Cat 2. I am waiting for others to set some times so I know how many pills to roll in there with to get a real score.

My first attempt on cat 3 I got 18 minutes.. And i lost because I got swarmed and could not get to the checkpoint. Do you have any good suggestions to be able to reach the checkpoint and not get stuck there by swarm?

So if they have unblockable damage... How much damage is blockable and in what types? So I know what plate to use for maximum effectiveness.

I also did the same thing and primed the explosive container for when I need it later. The biggest problem i have with it is that it takes at least a minute of nonstop shooting to get down to low hp.. If i die or fail, that ped is never recouped because there was no kill with it.

If you figure 2.8 DPP for average gun. at 10k hp thats about 36 ped to blow it up. And Tier 3 is probably 50-75% more.

Dispenser decoys?

Do those actually work?

They work... but you don't fire them sadly they drop at your feet so the mobs will still keep you locked in their death circle. I had a working theory to stay close to a gravestone at all times so that I could jump off it over the heads of all the mobs when swarmed to get to the checkpoint.

Either that or just keep running/backing up so they never around you completely.

They work... but you don't fire them sadly they drop at your feet so the mobs will still keep you locked in their death circle. I had a working theory to stay close to a gravestone at all times so that I could jump off it over the heads of all the mobs when swarmed to get to the checkpoint.

Either that or just keep running/backing up so they never around you completely.

The problem is you have to be in a small space to 'capture' the location. So if you try to get the node you will get swarmed and you cant do anything about it. And by the time you shoot through one mob another one is lined up behind it and replaces it before you can get out of here.

I understand the need to have the node requiring you to move to different places. Because otherwise it would just be a matter of who wants to spend the most on medistim pills. An hour costs only 120-150 ped give or take. And with all the issues they had for survival last easter I can see the reason for the change. But why not just reprogram the monsters so they will try to attack the item we need to defend, probably would have been less workload than designing this new survival mode.

I just cant stop from getting stuck. And if the instance didnt kick you once you died or failed, it wouldn't be a big deal with trying to 'prime' the explosive box. Because you could just walk back and blow it up and then leave.

Its a great idea and tool to use... shooting the box instead of the dogs, but for the fails or deaths it just costs so much, and im in a low category. It must be like 200-300 ped for the higher end cats.

Back