Question: Deleting planet data

matthew

Elite
Society
freelancer
Sir Matt Copping
I recently reinstalled entropia and noticed thatmy download status for other planets have some values, for example Toulan 65%.

Does this mean that i have downloaded 65% of Toulan, if so is there anyway i can delete this? (as i would rather have the space on my hard disk until the point for travelling there).

Or is this just some common files?

thanks for any help, would love to free up some HD space if possible (only 80 GB hard drive in my machine :ahh:)

My humble opinion is that, you can avoid downloading content that you don't need the moment you start install procedure. By accessing the tool menu through launcher and check only the planet/planets you are interest. Otherwise you have to mess with program data in EU directory (xbc and such). Also, touching these files might get client unstable or useless.
Maybe someone know a safe way but I don't.

PS. 80GB aren't so bad! If we love EU, we can trash so many other useless things in windows I think.

Last edited:
You don't risk anything by going into "\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content" - or whichever path you have set in the loader - and trashing all the territories* files that you don't need right now, for example territories_beladcom_* for Toulan (after unchecking the corresponding areas in the loader, of course). At worse the game would redownload them again.

You don't risk anything by going into "\Users\Public\entropia universe\public_users_data\dynamic_content" - or whichever path you have set in the loader - and trashing all the territories* files that you don't need right now, for example territories_beladcom_* for Toulan (after unchecking the corresponding areas in the loader, of course). At worse the game would redownload them again.

Svarog's right. Trashing them isn't risky at all. I've trashed before all the files starting with "territories_next_island_" since I don't visit Next Island anymore and they're hogging quite some hdd space.

However, the game will certainly need to redownload some of them again though. I'm guessing its more or less the necessary files for items from next island and stuff like that...since you might still come across them via auction or people bringing them over to calypso, etc.

Thanks for the advice,

to follow up i deleted the files that I didn't need from the dynamic content folde however upon starting EU the client downloads them again.. Maybe they are files containing graphic objects that might be needed across all planets :scratch2:

i might have to try to reinstall and untick them straight away

Back