Beta Testing Entropia Shop Directory

Would you use shops more often if they were easier to use?

• Yes

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters

morey

Elite
Society
Freelancer
Aurisk Morey Kenbi
Divinity and I are looking to expand the Beta for a project that we've been working on. We believe it would be better for everyone if shops were easier to use.

https://entropiasales.com

2019-01-29
- We're going to make an investment service as it seems to have a bigger impact on the community. We'll visit shops again soon!
Here are some takeaways from all the feedback we have received from everyone:
1. SEO friendly is Super important. We need to capture attention for your shop items ingame, on google, and from PCF and other related forums. Currently, the site is too app-like, and althought nice to interact with, horrible SEO.
2. Entropiasales is a crappy name. It should be entropia shops, or something like that because this is shop directory after all. So we'll switch domain name.
3. Very few shop owners are willing to update their stocks on a regular basis... unless the result is proven. Ofc people won't shop unless the stock is updated. So, hello chicken and egg problem :D. To solve this, we will hire entropians to keep stock updated on a weekly basis.

1. More Registered Shop owners
  • Send me a pm with the shop(s) you own and an email you'd like to register with.
  • Someone will verify that you own the shop ingame.
  • We will create your shop(s) and give you access to list unlimited items.
  • Feedback would be awesome! Thoughts, ideas, suggestions.
2. People to try it
  • Try it! Let me know what you love/don't love.

Basically bringing this idea to life :)
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?183282-Shop-directory&highlight=entropia+shops

20190102.jpg

Thank you Beta Testers for the suggestions, Keep em coming :)

Guide on how to create and edit items
1. Make sure you are signed in, then Click: "Manage Listings"
20181217b.jpg

2019-01-29
- We're going to make an investment service as it seems to have a bigger impact on the community. We'll visit shops again soon!
Here are some takeaways from all the feedback we have received from everyone:
1. SEO friendly is Super important. We need to capture attention for your shop items ingame, on google, and from PCF and other related forums. Currently, the site is too app-like, and althought nice to interact with, horrible SEO.
2. Entropiasales is a crappy name. It should be entropia shops, or something like that because this is shop directory after all. So we'll switch domain name.
3. Very few shop owners are willing to update their stocks on a regular basis... unless the result is proven. Ofc people won't shop unless the stock is updated. So, hello chicken and egg problem :D. To solve this, we will hire entropians to keep stock updated on a weekly basis.

2019-01-07
- fixed search by subcategories.

2019-01-04
- Total price for stackable items are now shown
- fixed a bug where selecting "all" doesn't show all.

2019-01-02
- Migrated to better database
- Added Stack sizes field & M/F to create listing
- Added info shown in search page
- Added Search by item type & subtype
- Added a tonne of backend info.
- Create Listing now shows and records more info automatically.
- Removed the search bar for now (until It's more robust)
- Removed ability to list an item not in the system (better database health)
- Created Report Site Issue button on bottom.
- Deleted a lot of Armor & Stackable item listings due to unmergable changes (from adding M or F and Stack size parameters).
- Removed caching because website changes too much and it's a pain to ctrl+f5 all the time.

2018-12-17
- Created Browse by category option
- Made a better tutorial
- www.entropiasales.com is now working too.
- Updated info display on main page. Important info can now be "quickly glanced" by shoppers w/o clicking in.

2018-12-13
- Created a quick guide for registered shop owners

2018-12-12
- Brand New UI
- Mobile Friendly (to an extent)
- Moved Shop name + TP to the front instead of inside the collapsible
- Faster Search & Search Suggestions
- Edited Waypoints so they fit the character limited in this new VU.

2018-12-09
Sorry for the delay, I'm on it. My programming time only came back to Entropia Sales this week (about 5 days ago). So, expect something soon!

2018-11-18
- Able to set price in MU or Total price
- Able to modify tt of items, default max tt given to each item
- Added Stims, Rings, Enhancers and a bunch of missing items (still missing other items)
- Able to Create item stacks!
- Shop Waypoint is now easily copyable into game.

Last edited:
Happy to test it out if you like :)

PM send

Verified and added :) hf!

great idea! a shop directory is definitely needed in eu :yay:

It is working great :)

Thank you so much all.

So easy to edit, clear lists, fast database (so far) !!!

Love it.:yay:

how regularly will you require shop owner to update their list in there? Biggest problem with shop sites that exited in the past was that there was no requirement, so lists got outdated very quickly... I think entropiadirectory, entropiawiki (before it was entropiawiki), and some now defunct entropia auction site all tried to do this type of thing before... but they all failed since no requirements to update meant that the lists got stale over time.

Maybe make it so that if so that each item in shop has to be 'verified' by either shop owner or someone affiliated with your site weekly. If no verification check that item would get deleted from the site listing for that shop?

Would be willing to give it a test.

how regularly will you require shop owner to update their list in there? Biggest problem with shop sites that exited in the past was that there was no requirement, so lists got outdated very quickly... I think entropiadirectory, entropiawiki (before it was entropiawiki), and some now defunct entropia auction site all tried to do this type of thing before... but they all failed since no requirements to update meant that the lists got stale over time.

Maybe make it so that if so that each item in shop has to be 'verified' by either shop owner or someone affiliated with your site weekly. If no verification check that item would get deleted from the site listing for that shop?

I used entropiawiki in the past and ..... I had to refresh every xx days, with a lag or not working properly, it was such a pain I stopped using it completely. I only use entropiawiki to check on droprates (and it still needs me to search 2x befrore I finally got what I need) to update BP drops.
That's the reason I'm happy to try this 1.

My shop is filled with amps and enhancers only and I keep it filled as simply as that, and yes I'm sold out on stuff from time to time but that is with any shop, when that happens I try to fill it up asap.
And if I'm sold out regulary, that means my shop is doing ok :p

Once people know your shop and like it they will keep coming back.
The biggest problem is that most shops are empty are just filled with loots or have to high % on items that are there for years and/or no visitors at all....

I see this as some kind of new advertising and letting people know what is for sale. If ok, custumers will come back, if not, then there is something wrong with the shop, what I sell or %.

This beta is easy to use and very handy for all to find a shop that is selling what you need.
All the rest is up to the owner.

Last edited:
I can help out.

I used entropiawiki in the past and ..... I had to refresh every xx days, with a lag or not working properly, it was such a pain I stopped using it completely. I only use entropiawiki to check on droprates (and it still needs me to search 2x befrore I finally got what I need) to update BP drops.
That's the reason I'm happy to try this 1.

I used wiki too, when I have had my PA Mall Shop.
Updating was a pain, and at some point I couldn´t even access anymore, as my rights to edit the page got removed and no reply concerning the problem from operator of wiki back that days.
Simply stopped to use it at all.

Shops do come and go in activeness, so currently the listing can only be created by verified shop owners. In the future people can report if prices or listing is incorrect.

Would be willing to give it a test.

Your inbox is full, but send me an email you'd like to use + a list of your shops

This beta is easy to use and very handy for all to find a shop that is selling what you need.
All the rest is up to the owner.

:D Glad to hear.

Is this universal as in all planets not just Caly? If so i will more than happy to sign up and let other shopskeepers know on Rocktropia.

Is this universal as in all planets not just Caly? If so i will more than happy to sign up and let other shopskeepers know on Rocktropia.

100% to all planets soon. Currently only caly as I'm here, and it just makes testing life easy :D. Will have search via planet , etc in the near future.

Do you think we should make a dedicated shops page as well as general item search? Where people can just browse shops as well:

eg. looking under armor category will yield a list of results.

Something like: My armor shop
- Has a banner picture of your store
- More shop details: location, owner, shop events?, nearest tp, store description/mission, who to contact if you would like to supply loot, etc [we add anything we dream of here]
- all items listed under that shop shows up.

Someone else's other armor shop
- Same kinda info, but to this owner's personality

... more shops selling armor.

Also, thank you for feedback via pms so far :). They've been very helpful and we're working on making experience super seemless.

i already gave some feedback in a PM to you.

about the previous posts:

• an item search would be wonderful!
  • list the offers in order of increasing TT+ or MU%, together with shop location.
  • allow shop keepers to enter the coords of their shop.
  • offer those coords in an easy to copy and paste waypoint form "/wp [Calypso, 34284, 48128, 110, Orion's shop]"

Last edited:
i already gave some feedback in a PM to you.

about the previous posts:

• an item search would be wonderful!
  • list the offers in order of increasing TT+ or MU%, together with shop location.
  • allow shop keepers to enter the coords of their shop.
  • offer those coords in an easy to copy and paste waypoint form "/wp [Calypso, 34284, 48128, 110, Orion's shop]"
Your pm was very interesting, will have to discuss because quite a few fundamentals would change if we run it that way.

1. It's available now :). Search for items (damage enhancers are popular atm)
2. Working on it.
3. Currently we manually enter the shop coordinates as part of the verification process. But your shop + location will show on all of your listings
4. That I can quickly do!

Bump it up!

I had to delete some items as there was some back-end changes that weren't compatible. (<10% of the listings affected)

Please try the new listing management system!

HTML:
Update 2018-11-18
- Added Stims, Rings, Enhancers and a bunch of missing items (still missing other items)

Voted and pmed you :)

Look forward to this positive venture

Bump it up!

I had to delete some items as there was some back-end changes that weren't compatible. (<10% of the listings affected)

Please try the new listing management system!

HTML:
Update 2018-11-18

Ok, will check it out

wonderful to see so many of my suggestions added! :bowdown:

:yay: great and helpful additions. :yay:

my items
my items
my items

you know what i mean... :cool:

Last edited:
wonderful to see so many of my suggestions added! :bowdown:

:yay: great and helpful additions. :yay:

my items
my items
my items

you know what i mean... :cool:

ahaha Yeah, you had good suggestions. Others also reported similar issues, so bam! Fix it.

Next step is to work on the customer front.

Do you think we should make a dedicated shops page as well as general item search? Where people can just browse shops as well:

eg. looking under armor category will yield a list of results.

Something like: My armor shop
- Has a banner picture of your store
- More shop details: location, owner, shop events?, nearest tp, store description/mission, who to contact if you would like to supply loot, etc [we add anything we dream of here]
- all items listed under that shop shows up.

Someone else's other armor shop
- Same kinda info, but to this owner's personality

... more shops selling armor.

Also, thank you for feedback via pms so far :). They've been very helpful and we're working on making experience super seemless.

Seems like a great idea also to put a list up with like you said armor shop, enh shop, amp shop, etc but this is only ok for those that have specialized shops.

Love using it, so easy to edit, change % or add/delete items !!!

GREAT JOB THANK YOU

Seems like a great idea also to put a list up with like you said armor shop, enh shop, amp shop, etc but this is only ok for those that have specialized shops.

Love using it, so easy to edit, change % or add/delete items !!!

GREAT JOB THANK YOU

Thank you very much! UI/UX is top of mind here. Before we start adding a shops section, we're going to work on your customers' front. I wasn't a super fan of the current landing page lol. Plan is to make it look and feel similar to the AH terminal.

A tonne of UI Updates + now mobile friendly(ish) try it!

Next to-do will be filters by category, and then add multiple pages for items.
After that, we'll move out of beta!

Make sure to press control + f5 when on entropiasales.com to see the updated versions if it didn't update for you.

Okay! So we can now shop by category. @Leeloom, I didn't end up blowing up the whole database :D (yet). So it's working fine right now.

The main page will eventually load the most recently updated/uploaded listings first.

Try it out :)

Make sure to press control + f5 when on entropiasales.com to see the updated versions if it didn't update for you.

Okay! So we can now shop by category. @Leeloom, I didn't end up blowing up the whole database :D (yet). So it's working fine right now.

The main page will eventually load the most recently updated/uploaded listings first.

Try it out :)

Glad you didn't blow it up :laugh:

It's working fine, even without pressing the CTRL+F5 and when doing a search ... I see the category :)

Great job again :wtg:

Glad you didn't blow it up :laugh:

It's working fine, even without pressing the CTRL+F5 and when doing a search ... I see the category :)

Great job again :wtg:

haha thanks very much! Guess it works without pressing ctrl f5.
hmmm... gotta add a shops section. maybe even a planets section now.

Back