Beta Testing Entropia Shop Directory

Would you use shops more often if they were easier to use?

• Yes

Votes: 53 79.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 6.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 10 14.9%

• Total voters
would be a great service - shops work better than they used to (with no rent needing to be paid) and I notice I can find things at better prices or not otherwise available.

Having said that though - I do enjoy exploring and "window shopping" is one of the few free activities to do in the game. I can spend an hour looking around and not spend any peds! LOL not helpful though if you want an item badly.

Great idea and looks promising.
But I already found inaccuracies in markup info compared to actual prices in a shop.
Also items missing in the shop that are listed.
I really think it needs some user feedback function so users can report inaccuracies.
I suppose those users need to register also.

Another option might be to list shops by Type of shop.
If you are not looking for a particular item but, for example, just want to find a gun shop, a vehicle shop, a pet shop or whatever type of shop. I think that would be easier to maintain and enough for many customers.

Also. Shouldnt I return to the main page if I click on the "Entropia Sales" button after I have done some listing?

But I already found inaccuracies in markup info compared to actual prices in a shop.
I really think it needs some user feedback function so users can report inaccuracies.

If you are not looking for a particular item but, for example, just want to find a gun shop, a vehicle shop, a pet shop or whatever type of shop. I think that would be easier to maintain and enough for many customers.

Also. Shouldnt I return to the main page if I click on the "Entropia Sales" button after I have done some listing?

Yeah I Will update nog shop soon. Lots of stuff sold.

Yeah, there will be a way for users to report/flag in the future.

That's a neat idea, shop by stores online. Would be easier to maintain for sure. I'll play with that. And also split the search by planets.

Here is a idea, I currently have a map Display that shows the location of all the shops and the current owners of the shops at the locations. I do not have items though, but I am considering hiring people to cover specific shop regions and even shopkeepers in apartments possibly to do a daily track record to see what has sold and if anything new has been added.
It wouldn't take very much time or effort after all item records are recorded onto excel or paper.
Then could keep track of prices, sales, and player needs.
Just a idea if you want to work together with me on this idea. For all I know, you could steal the idea >_< :D,
Though I am unsure if advertising the sales of ingame items outside of a Entropia Universe Source is allowed, it could be a great system to know a merchant society that has this type of record going on for players to try to have access to this type of information ingame.
My idea though is to Advertise location, size of shops, and owners as well as sales trends of shops/estates and make it publicly viewable on a MAP then offer ingame advertising through the adterminal if someone wants their shop to be advertising through our sources.
Still unknown if it is allowed or how it might be allowed to advertise the sale of items outside of a Entropia Universe Source ect or as defined to be implemented into Websites designed for a persons Society within Entropia Universe.
If you are interested in working out some type of quick and easy system with me and partnering up or something, let me know. :D

Here is a idea, I currently have a map Display that shows the location of all the shops and the current owners of the shops at the locations. I do not have items though, but I am considering hiring people to cover specific shop regions and even shopkeepers in apartments possibly to do a daily track record to see what has sold and if anything new has been added.
It wouldn't take very much time or effort after all item records are recorded onto excel or paper.
Then could keep track of prices, sales, and player needs.
Just a idea if you want to work together with me on this idea. For all I know, you could steal the idea >_< :D,
Though I am unsure if advertising the sales of ingame items outside of a Entropia Universe Source is allowed, it could be a great system to know a merchant society that has this type of record going on for players to try to have access to this type of information ingame.
My idea though is to Advertise location, size of shops, and owners as well as sales trends of shops/estates and make it publicly viewable on a MAP then offer ingame advertising through the adterminal if someone wants their shop to be advertising through our sources.
Still unknown if it is allowed or how it might be allowed to advertise the sale of items outside of a Entropia Universe Source ect or as defined to be implemented into Websites designed for a persons Society within Entropia Universe.
If you are interested in working out some type of quick and easy system with me and partnering up or something, let me know. :D

What kind of map you are talking about? Like those in IRL malls where it's only mall interior map? etc.

For tracking accuracy of listings, it's currently up to the shop owners and a reporting system will be built to flag outdated stuff. If we track it manually... it sounds like it would be too much work for too little gain tbh :\. Currently my suggestion to shop owners is update it everytime you stock up, and most of the time they just change MU & Amount once for each type of item. Makes life easy!

A shop/item directory outside of EU for EU is fine, I don't think there's any issue with that.

p.s. New updates will be comming soon. I'm atm moving the database to a more modern one.

Look forward to this including Arkadian Shops. When it becomes available for Arkadia, please post on the Ark forum too.

Look forward to this including Arkadian Shops. When it becomes available for Arkadia, please post on the Ark forum too.

Absolutely, I will do that :)

--

Sorry for the delay. I've successfully switched over to a better database and added a bunch more things all at the same time. Doing it all at once so future additions are much easier (search items by profession levels, dps, dmg, etc). Almost finished!

As for the browsing by shops, will work on that after this database headache is done lol.

Massive Update!

Changing anything in how databases work just sucks. But we got it done! Check out the new site! (You may need to press ctrl + F5 to see changes). If you listed a lot of armors or stackables, chances are, a lot of things got deleted. Sorry, it was just not possible to save them with this move :\.

Good news is, alot of info (more than I need to use atm) are added to items, so we won't have to change up the database again.

Next is pagenation, then shop profiles, then search by shops, then other planets.

Thanks for the support and all the good feedback :)

Hope everyone had an awesome new years
~Morey

2019-01-02
- Migrated to better database
- Added Stack sizes & M/F field to create listing
- Added info shown in search page
- Added Search by item type & subtype
- Added a tonne of backend info.
- Create Listing now shows and records more info automatically.
- Removed the search bar for now (until It's more robust)
- Removed ability to list an item not in the system (better database health)
- Created Report Site Issue button on bottom.
- Deleted a lot of Armor & Stackable item listings due to unmergable changes (from adding M or F and Stack size parameters).

Last edited:
Ctrl + F5 on entropiasales.com to see updates. I was caching the site so it loads faster, but it's not great if we keep updating so often! I removed caching in this and future versions.

20190102.jpg

Last edited:
Looking for a few more shop owners (Still Caly only for now). Send me a pm if you'd like exclusive access to list.

The new adjustments working great TYVM for the update :)

While adding some items:

-There is no category for pets. I added them in misc tools now.
- I have to add (M) or (F) to armors.
-When not logged in, I cannot look for my added items. It only shows items from one shop.

Keep up the good work. ;)

@Spawn. Nope lol. No pets yet, but I can add that category.

I think you have the old version. Make sure to press Ctrl + F5 to refresh the cache. I thought it would be good for a speed upgrade, but now lots of ppl have random versions locked in lol.

It should show items from both shops. (I had to delete some listings when migrating databases)

Added a roadmap to main post so you'll get an idea of what's coming next.

We are planning on adding an optional premium feature where entropians are hired to update your shop or part of your shop for you from a special account on a regular basis. There would be a monthly fee for this.

p.s. Thanks LeeLoom for always updating and giving feedback :D

Edit: My computer got corrupted... had to backup and then reinstall everything. In the process.

Last edited:
What kind of map you are talking about? Like those in IRL malls where it's only mall interior map? etc.

For tracking accuracy of listings, it's currently up to the shop owners and a reporting system will be built to flag outdated stuff. If we track it manually... it sounds like it would be too much work for too little gain tbh :\. Currently my suggestion to shop owners is update it everytime you stock up, and most of the time they just change MU & Amount once for each type of item. Makes life easy!

A shop/item directory outside of EU for EU is fine, I don't think there's any issue with that.

p.s. New updates will be comming soon. I'm atm moving the database to a more modern one.

Yes, basically just like those in IRL malls where it is only a Map of the malls interior. It will be a map of the Planet with a list selection of all the Major Shop Plazas such of booth market areas or malls and dots on the map showing the location of the shops that you can hover over and select/view which booth or shop your interested in looking over and it will only show you the name of the shop/ the owner/ and known sales history of the shop and what its specs were when sold.
I was considering doing shop advertising opportunities where players could have their items listed under their shop indicator on the shop and/or more for like 10ped a month. Though, I have not been doing a lot of thought processing on the map because I am doing real life work and working on other projects, but it seems like a simple process.

As for hiring or having myself go around and keep track of shops stock and sales histories, that does seem like a huge hassle and I may just narrow it down to verifying the location of ShopKeepers once a week.
I like your report system idea because it would be important to know if there is a new owner/new shops specs/ or if a shopkeeper is no longer available or becomes available somewhere else....

I would cut some slack on some shops though for minor free advertising,
but I like your idea where the shop owners update the stock themselves. Such as if you were to use an excel spreadsheet with Google Cloud or something where the shop owners could record and track their shops sales and it would be directly connected with, for example, my map or your stock inventory... Then that would be pretty great.

BY THE WAY, I own F.O.M.A. Shop #53 and am trying to... buy them all :p Slowly, but hopefully surely.

There isn't much of anything in my shop at the moment, I apologize for that, There is a picture on my profile here on the forums though of my Chistmas setup for the shop though. I am going to try and have a fancy decoration sales setup for everyone season/holiday, and next chance I get for a big deposit, I am going to start having seasonal clothing.
I am on Arkadia at the moment and won't be back to Calypso for about a month or two. So, the shop is going to stay fairly bland for awhile.

Last edited:
3. Very few shop owners are willing to update their stocks on a regular basis...

i love and use your project, but i also saw this coming.
because i know Entropians are as lazy as i am. once i fumbled half an hour to get my items into the list, i knew how time consuming it is and now i hesitate to to it over and over again.

therefore i suggested you to implement a simple copy and paste "My Items"-list read out in the feedback PM i once sent you.

maybe now it is the right time to reconsider implementing it :wise:

thank you for sticking with this project, it is a great help for all of us!

Yes, basically just like those in IRL malls where it is only a Map of the malls interior. It will be a map of the Planet with a list selection of all the Major Shop Plazas such of booth market areas or malls and dots on the map showing the location of the shops that you can hover over and select/view which booth or shop your interested in looking over and it will only show you the name of the shop/ the owner/ and known sales history of the shop and what its specs were when sold....

As for hiring or having myself go around and keep track of shops stock and sales histories, that does seem like a huge hassle and I may just narrow it down to verifying the location of ShopKeepers once a week.
I like your report system idea because it would be important to know if there is a new owner/new shops specs/ or if a shopkeeper is no longer available or becomes available somewhere else....

Can you send me an example of the kind of maps you've created so far? I'd like to see it! Yeah, hiring is a bit of a hassle, but the thought was if we just update key info (owner, shop theme, top 5 products in a store) it might help.

i love and use your project, but i also saw this coming.
because i know Entropians are as lazy as i am. once i fumbled half an hour to get my items into the list, i knew how time consuming it is and now i hesitate to to it over and over again.

therefore i suggested you to implement a simple copy and paste "My Items"-list read out in the feedback PM i once sent you.

maybe now it is the right time to reconsider implementing it :wise:

thank you for sticking with this project, it is a great help for all of us!

Oh lol yeah, if you have lots of different random items it would take awhile.

The challenge is definitely making it easier to track shop data as well as get listings that are up to date. Something less consuming for the shop owners (at this stage anyways).

Your My Items idea didn't resonate with me because people would have to selectively copy their items and then manually put in the mu for each one (because the list only contains tt, amount and name). I didn't see that as making the process easier. However, if ppl like to run pure shop owner avas, then that's a different story. Just fully copy my items!

What if adding prices are optional?

Then Stock only needs to be updated when your stock changes?

I use the system also and love it, not that much work at all.

When I need to go copy/paste items from my online list its more job

The list works great for shops that are specialized in things and try to sell the same things over and over again that are crafted and get restocked daily or even a few times / day . That kind of shops also sell the best. People know where to get the stuff they want and mostly also at what price. This kind of shops don't even need to adjust the list on Entropia Sales

If you want to run a shop that is trying to sell all kinds of stuff, and changes stock/prices a lot, those will have a hard time adjusting the list and will have less or none (steady) buyers.

As said before in this thread, people are lazy, they don't wont to run around to find that 1 thing... then it's a lot easier running to auction and buy it for a few ped more.

Your My Items idea didn't resonate with me because people would have to selectively copy their items and then manually put in the mu for each one (because the list only contains tt, amount and name). I didn't see that as making the process easier. However, if ppl like to run pure shop owner avas, then that's a different story. Just fully copy my items!

Im my PM to you i developed some ideas how a "My Items"-List read-out could automatically identify those items which fall into the category of shop items, how to separate them from others, re-identify them on the next upload of the item list, etc.

finally, i found the PM again:

Orion said:
okay, you ask for feedback, so here i go:

the success of your project stands or falls with being a LOW-threshold service.

many players have dozens, if not hundreds of items in their shops (shopkeepers shop-in-shop). we are LAZY and dont want to add them all manually one by one.

solution:
it would be a great help adding all the stuff from my shop, if i could upload my item list from "my account > items"
https://account.entropiauniverse.com/account/my-account/my-items/

offer all items from Container: ESTATE to be selected as shop offer (checkbox)
(note: an apartement is an ESTATE, too)
offer all items from Container: PLAYER SHOP to be selected as shop offer (checkbox)
PLAYER SHOPs are the shopkeepers many ppl have in their appartement or in their shops to expand item limit (inception style ; )

offer two price settings: one box with MU% and one box wih PED value
whichever box is filled automatically adds the respective value in the other box

items selected and priced in previous sessions should be re-identified and pre-selected (checkbox already marked) by their often unique combination of [item name & item TT-value]
(identical items with same name and same TT should be same price, shouldnt it?)
their previous price setting should be re-used then.

maybe you can use some of those ideas.
more to come, once they come to my mind.

kind regards,

- Orion
[i frankly corrected some typos i found]

i am as far away from coding as a cow from dancing, so i cant estimate the the complexity of getting this into a working program. instead i only can try to show a way how the correct item selection and re-identifying could be done.

but i still think this might be a way to

- get items into the shop inventory list
- re-identfy them when needed
- delete them from list, when not found in my items any more
- shortcut the sisyphean labor, once the initial work is done

and hence increase acceptance to continue using your nice program.

Ah thanks for clarifying.

@orion, would you be able to pm me part of your my-items list? I'll no longer have items in my own shop/shopkeeper/apartment. So it would be nice to see how it's formatted

Individual item mu and stores might have to be selected after it's loaded too.

Back