FYI: Stacking pills still possible. Bug???

wizz

Elite
Society
The Ministry
Wizzina Wizz Pale Moon
Howdy,

I was happily grinding away some mayhem mobs, chewing some pills I had in storage.

I was also looking at combining some pills to get the max allowed effect.
For example, +20% reload (+8% from ring) for a total of 28%.
That would be nice!

So I took a hyperstim (10%) and a neurostim (14%) directly after.
That gave the total of +28%.
All well I thought.

15 minutes went by so I took another neurostim and quickly noticed that the effect didn't stack anymore.
The neurostim 14% simply replaced the 10% from the hyperstim.

So I thought it was a bug and just kept shooting.

Another instance I did the same. Swallowed the hyperstim and neurstim to get max effect.
Again, after 15 minutes took another neurstim to find out it didnt work, again.
My soc mate was watching the stream and I told him my pills were bugged.
At first he told me I was crazy for thinking the pills had stacked at all.
He then told me that pills shouldnt stack atnymore. :scratch2:

Ok, so, my pills not working wasnt a bug then, but the fact that they did stack at the first pop is!

I've tried this 3 times, and 3 times it worked.
And if a noob like me found it out, I'm fairly sure other die hards have found out for sure as well!

So, let all of you know, stacking pills is still possible.

Last edited:
If the first pill you take is a longer duration ex: Neuro X (30 mins) or a hyperstim (60 minutes) then you pop a 15 minute A stim they stack. If you then take the A once there is less than 15 on the buff from the X or hyper it erases it and you get the 14 from the A only. Seems like a loophole but it has been the case for some time.

If the first pill you take is a longer duration ex: Neuro X (30 mins) or a hyperstim (60 minutes) then you pop a 15 minute A stim they stack. If you then take the A once there is less than 15 on the buff from the X or hyper it erases it and you get the 14 from the A only. Seems like a loophole but it has been the case for some time.

Interesting
I’m pretty sure skill pills don’t stack anymore - I tried
But, if reload does, try a fen hyper then a 5/10/or 15 hyper

Not entirely correct.
If you take an A stim after 15 minutes, while the hyperstim still lasts 45 minutes, it won't stack anymore.
Only the first neuro stacks.

I’m pretty sure skill pills don’t stack anymore -

apparently they still do....sometimes

Last edited:
Interesting to read that it's not only me having trouble with the pills.

Here's how I load the pills: I shoot for a minute inside the mayhem event before I take the X, simply because I want it to last until the boss is done with. Then I take hyper, accu and deva stim. What happens? This:

* reload bonus stack (i.e. reload from X (30 minute pill) is not wiped out by hyper (60 minute pill).
* accu and deva (60 minute) replace the effects from X (30 minute), i.e. does not stack. I lose the 1 % crit and 12 % crit dmg from the X pill
* After 30 minutes, when the X loses effect, I take another one. Doing so lets me keep all the effects, APART from the critical damage buff (i.e. I get the extra reload and FB, but not crit hit bonus)

I obviously do not relog after taking the pills because I have started the instance when I chew pills and don't want to lose precious time or pill effect when encountering the boss. Relogging could perhaps have fixed the issue.

I would REALLY like an official guide from MA regarding the stacking. I feel scammed when I have to experiment multiple times before I get all the effects I want from the pills. This kind of stacking should be OK, because they do not exceed the total bonus limit for reload, crit or crit damage. But to keep the system as it is now is on the border of scamming (yeah yeah, I know MA runs a fleece operation, but still....they can keep it a bit more subtle).

SUGGESTIONS TO MA:
* Let effect TIME stack -> 15 Deva stim = 15 hours of fun. No bullshit.
* Let ANY pill stack as long as the total bonus cannot be exceeded.

I am participating first time in a Mayhem event, and it is REALLY annoying wasting a lot of peds on pills AND not getting the intended effect, while more seasoned mayhemers know the drill and can take advantage of the bugged pill system. MA - hurry the f¤%% up and fix this!

Last edited:
I would REALLY like an official guide from MA regarding the stacking. I feel scammed when I have to experiment multiple times before I get all the effects I want from the pills. This kind of stacking should be OK, because they do not exceed the total bonus limit for reload, crit or crit damage. But to keep the system as it is now is on the border of scamming (yeah yeah, I know MA runs a fleece operation, but still....they can keep it a bit more subtle).

They probably don't know... I don't think most bugs are known by them until someone reports it, and then they kind of ignore it until multiple people report it multiple times - democratic support team work if you will. Only 5 people report it, ignore it... 505, start taking a closer look.... If you send in a support ticket, they'll probably give you the guide they've given others for various things in the past, "please ask the community since they know more than we do, and stay tuned for updates in our newsletter which may never come..." or the infamous, "we'll send you support issue to the appropriate team" and close the support ticket with no further updates.

Of course, you may get back a support reply similar to my all time favorite:
Hi,
Thank you very much for the detailed information. However, we are unsure of what exactly do you want us to do with it. Please let us know if there’s something we can do to help you.
Kind regards,
Entropia Universe Support

Various parties at the Planet Partners and Mindark have said over and over that things on the test server works different than in the real game server, latest example being the Cyrene Halloween gifts... So even if they did test it out and could give you a clear guide the guide would probably not be accurate by any means.

Last edited:
Hi Wizz,

Thank you for your report.

We have forwarded the issue to members of the responsible team for further investigation, any irregularities found will be adjusted as soon as possible.

Please stay tuned to the News and Release Notes sections on the website for further information and developments.

Thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards,
Folke | Entropia Universe Support

Support case closed.

Not entirely correct.
If you take an A stim after 15 minutes, while the hyperstim still lasts 45 minutes, it won't stack anymore.

Hmmm, maybe a relog is needed? I try that soon...

Hmmm, maybe a relog is needed? I try that soon...

No, didnt work with me just now.

I logged in and had 30 minutes hyperstim left. but it did not stack.
For me it only worked the first time I took the hyperstim followed by the neuro

Not entirely correct.

Yes that’s what I have experienced as well, the first one stacks and after the duration it seems to override. I have accidentally caused it to stack again though by using a third type of stim think it was a neuro x-2. Would take quite a bit of testing to figure it all out.

I haven’t attempted to stack xp pills but using the same logic you may be able to get it to happen.

Would like to see what position MA will take on this.

The start of a small pill prescription guide

I'm going to try and explain the prescription from the MA doctor, i.e. starting to write a small pill guide here... the reason there is a need for a guide is that people waste a lot of pill by taking them the wrong way and not getting the intended effect, wasting peds in the process. MA is not a pharmacist I'd recommend IRL, but fits just fine into Big Pharma.

As of 9th of November 2018, stat pills work like this:

Pill duration:
Deva/Accu/Hyper - 60 minutes (adds critical damage bonus, critical hit bonus and reload bonus respectively)
X/X2/Z/Z2 pills - 30 minutes (adds all three bonuses explained above + acceleration)
Tomte/Halloween candy - 20 minutes (adds reload and critical hit bonus + acceleration)
Neuro A - 15 minutes (adds reload and acceleration)

In general, if you want pills to stack (up to total bonus limit that is - no exploits), you need to start taking the pills which last longest before you take pills tht have shorter duration. Example: Taking Hyper pill first, then Neuro A makes the effect of the Neuro A stack for 15 minutes. (BUT it does not work if you try to chew another Neuro A while the same Hyper is in effect. Only the first stacking works - so hold your horses!). Pay attention to how much time is left on one pill before you chew another though - if you have 14 minutes left of an X pill, and then take a 15 minute Neuro A pill, the reload effect from the X pill vanishes. The critical hit and damage bonuses from the X DO remain in play.

There are deviations from this rule:
1. When you take Deva and Accu stim, and then follow up with an X pill, you do NOT get the 1 % Focus Blow (FB) or 12 % critical damage bonus from the X pill.
2. However, if you take a Hyper pill after popping the Deva, Accu and X pill, you DO get the Hyper reload bonus to stack.

It seems like Deva and Accu stim works the same, but Hyper stim does not. It is therefore inconvenient to stack candy, Neuro A, X and Z pills with Deva, Accu and Hyper.

3. Deva and Accu stim: Whenever the timer is < 30 minutes for these, you can take and X pill and the FB and critical damage bonus will stack.

Other combos of pills are left for you to waste peds on and report here if you feel inclined to do so.

There are deviations from this rule:
1. When you take Deva and Accu stim, and then follow up with an X pill, you do NOT get the 1 % Focus Blow (FB) or 12 % critical damage bonus from the X pill.
2. However, if you take a Hyper pill after popping the Deva, Accu and X pill, you DO get the Hyper reload bonus to stack.

It seems like Deva and Accu stim works the same, but Hyper stim does not. It is therefore inconvenient to stack candy, Neuro A, X and Z pills with Deva, Accu and Hyper.

3. Deva and Accu stim: Whenever the timer is < 30 minutes for these, you can take and X pill and the FB and critical damage bonus will stack.

Thanks for the explanation but I am a bit confused with 1 and 2 mentioned above.

So, Dev + Accu + X will not provide the effects of X.
But if we do Dev + Accu + X + Hyper (in this order), all stacks up?

So if I were to use Dev + Accu + Hyper and an X then I should do it in the order of Dev + Accu + X + Hyper.

Am I missing something here? (New to pills and stacking so am confused)

Best regards,

Thanks for the explanation but I am a bit confused with 1 and 2 mentioned above.

So, Dev + Accu + X will not provide the effects of X.
But if we do Dev + Accu + X + Hyper (in this order), all stacks up?

So if I were to use Dev + Accu + Hyper and an X then I should do it in the order of Dev + Accu + X + Hyper.

Am I missing something here? (New to pills and stacking so am confused)

Best regards,
It's been a while since I stacked, but I am pretty sure I did like this: First I took Deva and Accu. Then wait 1 minute - take Hyper. When Hyper has still more than 30m to go, while deva+ accu are 29:30, you can take X. Now they all stack. You can try with 5 mg pills and one X and check it out, it's not too expensive. Just remember, if Hyper goes below 30 min before X is taken, you lose its effect.

Reload and skill pills will stack as long as the following conditions are true.

Pill duration is shorter than active buff duration
Pill effect is larger than active buff effect.

Other buffs have their own rules, I haven't honestly figured it out yet...please let me know if you figure out how crit chance/dmg stacks :D

Reload and skill pills will stack as long as the following conditions are true.

Pill duration is shorter than active buff duration
Pill effect is larger than active buff effect.

Other buffs have their own rules, I haven't honestly figured it out yet...please let me know if you figure out how crit chance/dmg stacks :D
Thank you very much.

As of now, for crit chance/dmg stacks:
- I use the 1 hour deva / accu and when less than 30 mins left I use the X pills.

Back