Info: Entropia Trade Calculator

madnar

Old
Society
Universal Born Looters
Madnar VY Starchild
Hello everyone...

I saw thread about Fast Trader and noticed that players have good use of tool like that, so i made decision to make one for us all :)

Here, few pictures of application and tutorial video...

Pictures: https://imgur.com/a/bi55xI0
Tutorial on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EH-7OnZq2Zk&feature=youtu.be

I forgot to record trading and scanning when EU trade window have more than one page of items, and slider appears... In that case, just scan first page, move app a bit to side, move slider, and just scan again. Application will add newly scanned items...

NOTE: When You download files, You will find folder "/LocalBD". There is microsoft LocalDatabase installation file that is needed for this application to work....

Here is downlaod link:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1N1MSTn8_TGhArpIFhEXBpNJ9--UhbRTE

Any bugs and suggestions can be sent to mail papejr@gmail.com, or ingame....

Good luck and happy trading :)

Madnar VY Starchild

Last edited:
Database Update:

- Added about 300 new items to database (refined ores and enmaters)

- Updated to version 1.1
- Fixed bug related to region and language settings

Last edited:
Thanks for the tool, but any reason you didn't Github it so others can contribute?

(Also so we can see it's not spyware)

Thanks for the tool, but any reason you didn't Github it so others can contribute?

(Also so we can see it's not spyware)

Hello, Detritus...

Well, i did not read about it, but i think that making any kind of spyware and offering it to players will lead to permanent ban... And that means that i risk couple of years that i invested in this game (time + money)... Which in first place i would NEVER do :)

Also, i don't see that anyone shared code on GitHub, and i checked several tools on this forum...

If tool must be verified by MA or ANY official, or ANY trusted player who can read code, i will be happy to send my complete code to be verified...

Once again, i assure You and everyone else that this app is not spyware or anything like that...
Just a simple helping tool with no bad intentions.
It use OCR technology to read captured image, read items from it and perform simple calculation...
Thats it...

Main reason for not posting it on GitHub is that i don't want it to be changed in the way i don't like..
That's all...

Honestly, I hope you are the only one that came up with that idea, lol :D

There are many tools on this forum, and this is first time (that i saw) that someone is in doubt with that thought...

It is free and safe, no worries :)

Last edited:
Well, i did not read about it, but i think that making any kind of spyware and offering it to players will lead to permanent ban... And that means that i risk couple of years that i invested in this game (time + money)... Which in first place i would NEVER do :)

Also, i don't see that anyone shared code on GitHub, and i checked several tools on this forum...

If tool must be verified by MA or ANY official, or ANY trusted player who can read code, i will be happy to send my complete code to be verified...

Once again, i assure You and everyone else that this app is not spyware or anything like that...
Just a simple helping tool with no bad intentions.
It use OCR technology to read captured image, read items from it and perform simple calculation...
Thats it...

Main reason for not posting it on GitHub is that i don't want it to be changed in the way i don't like..
That's all...

Honestly, I hope you are the only one that came up with that idea, lol :D

There are many tools on this forum, and this is first time (that i saw) that someone is in doubt with that thought...

It is free and safe, no worries :)

I would say the same thing for any tool anybody posts anywhere, not just yours. I have been trying to suggest the same for LBML. I haven't really been interested in the other tools posted here so haven't been that vocal about it. Also you are relatively new, and don't have the reputation of someone like Ido.

It's easy enough to say "trust me" or that you'll let someone else audit it, but then what? You give them clean code to audit and then add the spyware back. All this may seem paranoid but I've been in the industry for a very long time and seen this happen countless times; game tools are one of the biggest candidates for spyware.

As far as changes, you do know how GitHub works right? You have to approve the PRs. If you don't like the change don't approve it. Simple. If they really want their new feature they can just fork and still have it. Everyone wins.

Hi, Detritus...

Well, everything You wrote makes perfect sense...

I would say the same thing for any tool anybody posts anywhere, not just yours. I have been trying to suggest the same for LBML.

Not just LBML. On this forum section there are MANY tools that can be suspicious. And I think there should be some MA representative who would have access to all codes and who will actually make builds and download link so we dont have concerns about this or similar issue...

I haven't really been interested in the other tools posted here so haven't been that vocal about it.
i will take this as a compliment, and if it is intended to be, then thank you :)

Also you are relatively new, and don't have the reputation of someone like I do.

I wouldn't really agree with this one... I started playing EU at September (i guess) of 2014, and then created my current avatar at January of 2015. Compared to those 15 year old avatars it can be considered as "fairly new", but i don't really see myself as one of those... I assume that You play much longer, but sure there are players who can guarantee for me the same way as some can guarantee for You...

It's easy enough to say "trust me" or that you'll let someone else audit it, but then what? You give them clean code to audit and then add the spyware back. All this may seem paranoid but I've been in the industry for a very long time and seen this happen countless times; game tools are one of the biggest candidates for spyware.

Yeah unfortunately, this is 100% correct and You can never be too careful... And that is the case with EVERY tool on this forum.
But to be honest, I don't want to share my code with everyone. If there is need for it, i will give my code to any official or trusted person so he can build it and give download link for players to use... I am always open for deal :)

As far as changes, you do know how GitHub works right? You have to approve the PRs.
Yes, I surely know how git works...

At the end, I'm not really glad to say that all tools here are "trust me, it is not spyware or any kind of malicious software", but this one IS NOT malicious or anything. If it is, it would marked as one of them, so far...
Scan it with antivirus, lets us ask MA for some options about this - for verification, lets take some "middleman" who will do it all for us... I am looking forward to any of those...

Also, I'm not really happy to have conversation about this on thread for my tool, but i guess it is too late to QQ about it now :)

I hope players will try it and check if they like it and if it is helpful...

Last edited:
Hello madnar. You are taking Detritus too seriously. His ava name is "Detritus the Troll". :cool:

If popular system protections are passing the tool (which they are), it must be safe. If you are too inclined to check yourself, it takes a google search to decompile.

Hello madnar. You are taking Detritus too seriously. His ava name is "Detritus the Troll". :cool:

If popular system protections are passing the tool (which they are), it must be safe. If you are too inclined to check yourself, it takes a google search to decompile.

Thx, Tia :)

Hey =)
Thanks a lot for the tool!
I have problems using it with not English culture.
In my culture we use "," as decimals separator.
I think the tool automatically get the system culture, so if i have 0.10 PED TT item, it read 10 PED TT.
The solution should be to force to use English culture for every numeric function.

Thanks a lot!

Hey =)
Thanks a lot for the tool!
I have problems using it with not English culture.
In my culture we use "," as decimals separator.
I think the tool automatically get the system culture, so if i have 0.10 PED TT item, it read 10 PED TT.
The solution should be to force to use English culture for every numeric function.

Thanks a lot!

Thx for feedback...

I will try to find time to resolve this... Should not take too much time...

What happens when you change this on your PC? Can it be temporary solution?

Thx for feedback...

I will try to find time to resolve this... Should not take too much time...

What happens when you change this on your PC? Can it be temporary solution?

Yes I can solve the problem with this ^^

Hope you fix this soon!!
Thanks a lot!

Will be fixed in next 2 or 3 days... :)

Hello...

Bug with region/language settings is fixed...
I placed new download link...

You might want to save your previous db file (if you saved some MU) and replace the one from current download link... That way no one will lose already saved MU for items...

Soon, i will make updater for this tool so new version does not require these few steps with DB... For now, i hope this is acceptable :)

Also, i have few suggestions that i got from players, in order to add more options, and improve this tool...
One of them is related to harvesting, and that will probably be implemented after i finish with updater and few other things...

Thx and GL with trading :)

great app :) +rep

I look forward to using your calculator, I miss fast trade. If you are ready for your next project, Id like to see what you think about this idea. I have been asking for a few years now, to no avail.

Trees still spawn in the same spot, 24 hours after harvest. There must be an easy way to collect the pos data to build a personal database of where trees spawn, and then direct you towards the next closest tree. It could be as simple as registering a waypoint when harvesting with a key combination, for example (P) for position and (R) for record. It could maybe have a map that showed the locations of all the recorded tree positions, so one could see where there are clumps.

It would also be nice to be able to upload tree data to pool knowledge and confirm locations. This would reduce or eliminate false locations. This isn't necessary, though, just possible.

I wonder what you think about the idea, if you are willing to try, and if anyone is if you are not,
-hip

Tested but, didnt read cobalt ingot 36 units, and caldorite stone 1 unit;
Great tool but more items that will not read?

Back