Uncovering the secrets of AI in Arkadia

Boss mobs. The reward at the end of a grind in a instance. Challenging high health mob with the chance of dropping that sweet sweet loot. Do you know that some of these mobs from the dungeons of Aakas are roaming freely on a small picturesque island at the bottom of the Arkadia map?

Allow me to introduce Magurg Males found on Aakas Island. The time has come to unlock the secrets of the treasures they carry. Announcing the "Discover Aakas Treasures" event.

How to participate
  1. Score a global with an item drop at AI (Aakas Island)
  2. Post a screenshot of your global with an item drop to this thread (or this Arkadia forum thread, preferrably both).
Rewards
  1. Discovery reward: First reported loot of an item in this thread will be awarded the Discovery Bounty. The bounty for first discovery is set to 16 PEDs. With each discovery the Discovery Bounty is raised by 1 PED for the next discovery.
  2. Confirmation reward: Every susbsequent looting of an item already discovered will win confirmation award. The confirmation award starts at 5 PEDs for each discovered item and reduces by 1 PED with each confirmation of that item till it reaches 1 PED.
Rules
  1. The awards are based on the timestamp of the global, NOT the timestamp of posting to this thread. So hunt in peace and at the end of your run, post your global screenshots to this thread.
  2. The screenshots should be posted here within 48 hours of the global to be eligible.
  3. Items in "item drop" includes weapons, armor, chips, shopkeepers - not stackables like oils, hides, mining resources etc.
  4. Only item drops in globals count. Though I have looted items from these mobs without globals, there is no way for me to track that and so they are not eleigible for this reward.
  5. Teams are eligible to participate but need to register here BEFORE the global with team name and the full name of the avatar who will be the contact person for the team
About Magurg Male
Magurg Male seems to be designed like boss mobs. For regular mobs, the difference between successive maturities is about a 10% increase in health and damage. For Magurg Males, scaling is much more aggressive, by about 50%. So Stalkers are far more difficult than Prowlers, who are far more difficult than Old Alpha, who are far more difficult than Alpha. Further, the regen on these is quite low (as you will expect from boss mobs). What that means as a hunter is that if you find a particular maturity too difficult, step down a level till you are at a comfortable level. Since regen is low, the most important factor in your preparation for top maturities will be your defences. Get some good armor, and/or some friend to heal you.

Maturities at Aakas Island are set to have a large number of Stalkers and Prowlers, with a decent number of Old-Alphas and some occassional Alphas.

Notable loot
  • Magurg Male Pincer: >900% MU
  • Generic Fuse: >300% MU
I can buy Magurg Male Pincers at 925% MU and Generic Fuses at 300% MU from those hunting at AI (that is they have some globals recorded in Entropia Life in the past one week).

Reserved post 1

Boss mobs. The reward at the end of a grind in a instance. Challenging high health mob with the chance of dropping that sweet sweet loot. Do you know that some of these mobs from the dungeons of Aakas are roaming freely on a small picturesque island at the bottom of the Arkadia map?

Allow me to introduce Magurg Males found on Aakas Island (TP at [19036, 9046]). The time has come to unlock the secrets of the treasures they carry. Announcing the "Discover Aakas Treasures" event.

How to participate
1) Score a global with an item drop at AI (Aakas Island).
2) Post a screenshot of your global with an item drop to this thread (or this Arkadia forum thread, preferrably both).

Rewards
Discovery reward: First reported loot of an item in this thread will be awarded the Discovery Bounty. The bounty for first discovery is set to 16 PEDs. With each discovery the Discovery Bounty is raised by 1 PED for the next discovery.

Confirmation reward: Every susbsequent looting of an item already discovered will win confirmation award. The confirmation award starts at 5 PEDs for each discovered item and reduces by 1 PED with each confirmation of that item till it reaches 1 PED.

Rules
1) The awards are based on the timestamp of the global, NOT the timestamp of posting to this thread. So hunt in peace and at the end of your run, post your global screenshots to this thread.
2) The screenshots should be posted here within 48 hours of the global to be eligible.
3) Items in "item drop" includes weapons, armor, chips, shopkeepers - not stackables like oils, hides, mining resources etc.
4) Only item drops in globals count. Though I have looted items from these mobs without globals, there is no way for me to track that and so they are not eleigible for this reward.
5) Teams are eligible to participate but need to register here BEFORE the global with team name and the full name of the avatar who will be the contact person for the team.
6) Rare loot globals don't count as there is no way for me to confirm that they were on AI. It should be a global that is reported in Entropia Life for Aakas Island.

About Magurg Male
Magurg Male seems to be designed like boss mobs. For regular mobs, the difference between successive maturities is about a 10% increase in health and damage. For Magurg Males, scaling is much more aggressive, by about 50%. So Stalkers are far more difficult than Prowlers, who are far more difficult than Old Alpha, who are far more difficult than Alpha. Further, the regen on these is quite low (as you will expect from boss mobs). What that means as a hunter is that if you find a particular maturity too difficult, step down a level till you are at a comfortable level. Since regen is low, the most important factor in your preparation for top maturities will be your defences. Get some good armor, and/or some friend to heal you.

Maturities at Aakas Island are set to have a large number of Stalkers and Prowlers, with a decent number of Old-Alphas and some occassional Alphas.

Notable loot
- Magurg Male Pincer: >900% MU
- Generic Fuse: >300% MU

I can buy Magurg Male Pincers at 925% MU and Generic Fuses at 300% MU from those hunting at AI (that is they have some globals recorded in Entropia Life in the past one week).

Last edited:
what in the flyin fook - well where in the fook is the other one?

Something seems to be broken with calypso forum, my posts keep disappearing and re-appearing for no good reason. :scratch2:

Here is the thread on Arkadia Forum with all the same info. Please use that thread if this one is broken for you.

Two discoveries claimed (x-post from Arkadia Forum)

Congratulations to Victor Brick Vonn for winning two item discovery rewards - Combustive Nano III (L) or GYRO FAP 10(L). His winnings for these two discoveries are 16+17 = 33 PEDs. :yay:

The Discovery bounty raised to 18 PEDs for the next discovery. :wtg:

Any further item drops of Combustive Nano III (L) or GYRO FAP 10(L) in globals will still qualify for Confirmation reward which is 5 PEDs each for both of these items.

entropia-2018-11-16-20-05-49-jpg.3991

entropia-2018-11-16-21-45-31-jpg.3992

/mod note/
Something seems to be broken with calypso forum, my posts keep disappearing and re-appearing for no good reason. :scratch2:

Just to respond to the above fyi, when a forum member has a very low post count, their posts are automatically held for manual approval by a moderator before being published. This is part of the automated anti-spam protections for this forum.

If you edit your post after it has been approved, it will be automatically removed from public viewing until manually approved again by a moderator - which I've just done.

Back