Question: Survival Instance - Randomly Ejected

MsPudding

Elite
Rachel MsPudding Hawkins
Hey,

Just wanted to check with others to see if they're experiencing the same thing I am. I am getting randomly kicked out of the instance, one was at 9 minutes, one was at 17, the most recent was at 30 min 15 seconds. I had full HP, had all the mobs under control and was in the center of the map. I did not click the exit, in fact I wasn't even pointed at the exit, it just seemed to glitch and give me the text box saying my time and place.

Why was I forced out of the instance by the game? Anyone else having this problem? Super frustrating not knowing if I'm doing something wrong or if the instance is just glitching. I was not outside of the gates I wasn't even near them.

I've submitted a support case and I'm hoping for a speedy reply.

Thanks,
Pudding

Just happened again, after approx 11 min ~

I jump around a lot? Is that causing any bugs? I can make a video if that would help, I'm pretty sure I'm just playing normal, not climbing anything, not glitching anything, not leaving boundaries... Just staying center and killing stuff until a point needs captured.

The only thing I can think of is that my first time in the instance I ran around scoping out everything. This included leaving the gate and entering back in before the 10 second timer went off. I had 0 mobs chasing me, and 0 mobs left outside the gate with me. I left the gate one time. After leaving the game I was warned that if I did not return something would happen (actually didn't read it, just noticed a 10 second timer counting down). That was maybe around the 10 minute mark or so, and the game kicked me out of the instance even though I returned back inside the boundaries after about 6-7 seconds, the timer had several seconds to spare.

I haven't played Survival until today, so I don't have anything to compare it to except these last 5-6 runs, of which, I was randomly ejected out of 4 of them, and at random times as well.

So I'm wondering -- did MA create a rule to kick people out that leave the boundaries, even if the 10 second timer hasn't run? And did that rule glitch to where now in any instance I start the system still thinks I'm outside of the boundaries randomly?

The other thing I noticed is that in the most recent instance I replied to a PM and stayed still not moving for 10+ seconds and got kicked out around the 11 minute mark. Are there any rules about staying still?

It's frustrating eating 100's of PED of pills and then just getting kicked out of the instance.

So far my highest time is a whopping 30 min~ when I know I would be able to double if this glitch weren't happening :/

Did you also get and defend all "capture points"? if not you also get automatically thrown out

Did you also get and defend all "capture points"? if not you also get automatically thrown out

To my knowledge yes, every time the green indicator came up on my screen to take the capture point I ran over and captured it immediately. I was getting ejected at like minute 10, 17 etc.

This might seem a trivial question but are you on the right Cat?

To my knowledge yes, every time the green indicator came up on my screen to take the capture point I ran over and captured it immediately. I was getting ejected at like minute 10, 17 etc.

It's not enough to just go there, you have to stay there until it disappears (is it 30 seconds? I forget).

It's not enough to just go there, you have to stay there until it disappears (is it 30 seconds? I forget).

I had the same thing VERY far into a couple runs. I believe it is just that we're not always getting the prompt in the middle of the screen and not noticing it is capture the point time. I can't be sure that this is what is happening; I felt like I was very aware of the phase and captures. I can only speculate that in the "moment" we are not noticing.

I suppose there's always a chance MA fucked up too. :)

I had the same thing VERY far into a couple runs. I believe it is just that we're not always getting the prompt in the middle of the screen and not noticing it is capture the point time. I can't be sure that this is what is happening; I felt like I was very aware of the phase and captures. I can only speculate that in the "moment" we are not noticing.

I suppose there's always a chance MA fucked up too. :)

Update, I ran the instance another 5 times today with 0 ejections. I'm thinking you may be right and I just didn't see the prompt before? I guess I wouldn't know, because if I missed seeing it and got kicked out, it's just that, I missed seeing it. That is probably the likely scenario, and now I am so nervous about missing it I constantly look around for that little green dot showing the waypoint to hold -- even when I know its not coming for another 5 minutes.

Either way I am able to complete the instance with no issues now.

Back