Is this game only for millionaires now ?

So much condescension here when it is completely unnecessary. It is just math: Risk of ruin. 1500ped is not enough to cover what I assume is 3-4ped (with regen) mobs. It just isn't. Hate it or love it about the game, but that is what it is.

Thus proving his point. That you need 6k at least to hunt atrox old. Making it a game for rich people.
I guess wizz says it best. It's a game for long breath. He could save 100 dollars for a year and only spend the other 50 on kerberos.
That would give him 12k ped the next year to hunt with. But wouldn't that still prove his point? That this is a game for rich people?
How many copies of red dead redemption 2 can you buy with 1200 dollars?
You just sold 2 landareas for a nice stack of money, I bought a car and 2 studyfunds for my kids with the money I made from this game......

Last edited:
For sure I'd like to get MU from hunt loot.
Please tell me a single example of such a mob.
Which mob will give you 125% MU at least (only to get back gun's MU) on a big sample ?
I don't know any. Everybody tell one have to hunt for MU but they can't never tell one single mob.

I think it's already been said somewhere before in here, but as soon as someone says what mob they hunt that has decent MU, hunters everywhere will switch to that mob and then the MU goes due to over satuation of that item.
You need to go find this info out for yourself, go shoot some different mobs to see what they drop and build yourself a table. It changes every VU as well so you need to constantly recheck mobs and not just rely on previous data.

Thus proving his point. That you need 6k at least to hunt atrox old. Making it a game for rich people.
I guess wizz says it best. It's a game for long breath. He could save 100 dollars for a year and only spend the other 50 on kerberos.
That would give him 12k ped the next year to hunt with. But wouldn't that still prove his point? That this is a game for rich people?

Since when does having 6K or 12K make you rich? There are plenty of people who have more than that just sitting in their bank accounts for emergencies, doesn't make them rich. Give me a million dollars and i'm still not rich in today's standards, i would still have to work to be able to afford a lifestyle.

People deciding that they want to put 40K into this game to be able to effectively hunt big mobs is their choice, just like it would be for someone to spend that 40K on a second motorbike or car to go for summer drives in.
You can play this game with $0, you can play it with $10, you can play it with $100, etc.
What you can't do is expect to play at $1000 levels for $10 or even to just pick up a gun and shoot whatever you feel like shooting and expect the money to last long...i don't think the game was ever designed that way.

Play smarter not harder.

OP, you have a bad misunderstanding of "rich" and "millionaire"...

I don't know why you bring politic in this..

I don't exactly "complaining", but if I do, it's certainly not about players, rich or not..
But about the game.

I just told what's happens to me, and ask people to tell what they think..
You did it then, nice. :)

Get a real Mentor who'll work with you. That should help. Good luck.

I'm at level 61 now, and had a good mentor already.
I also played 10 years before whith my old avatar.

Maybe I should have specified that I did well until around L50/55.
I was spending $ for sure, but it was pretty fair IMO for spent time and progress in term of skills I've got.

Then my return sudenly got lowered, I was thinking first that it was just a bad time to get throught, but then it's now looks like it's systematic...
So I'm a bit worried.. :yup:

How many copies of red dead redemption 2 can you buy with 1200 dollars?
You just sold 2 landareas for a nice stack of money, I bought a car and 2 studyfunds for my kids with the money I made from this game......

Exactly what I said to a friend lately.
I should deposit every month while I don't play for 1 year.. :rolleyes:

This is your answer to everything, right ?
You posted this sentence about 50 times probably...
I would have been surprised if you didn't post here.

At least we have a millionaire's point of view now.. :smoke:

But the funny part is that you probably have the biggest bankroll in this game, and the bigger it is the easier it is to manage.

How can you tell that whith a 400k$ account and probably more than 1 million PED on your card ?
What "management" are you talking about !? :scratch2:

Give me 2 millions PED and I don't even need a brain anymore.. :evilking:

But you answered my question here.. This game was made for you.

Yep I am learning that Messi comments are 100% toxic and not helpful. It could be worse and he is who he is I guess, just I would like feedback from someone on that level to be more productive or helpful.

One thing I know, that isn't hard to learn but the more capital you have the better you can do. You loot 1 heart oil and yea it's got 110% mu, but you can't really sell it for that until you get at least 5 of them to get that mu. If you are limited in peds, you can't afford to have 1 10 ped stackable just sit in storage until you get more.
Say you loot some gun or armor or whatever and it has low mu right now, but usually brings in much higher, well then you can afford to hold on to it. If that item was one of your big returns in loot and you don't have ped to go hunt again - you gotta sell it.

I do think that there are players with a lot of capital that still practice the things that lower capital players can follow and be more successful.

What you can't do is expect to play at $1000 levels for $10 or even to just pick up a gun and shoot whatever you feel like shooting and expect the money to last long...i don't think the game was ever designed that way.

Play smarter not harder.

I think this is really one of the best things I've read on this thread so far. It's the truth. What I think a disconnect is that MA has the game set up to be run this way. It's hard not to expect that when you are at level (whatever) you can go hunt a certain mob all day. It's progression based and doesn't feel right to me to skill up and then go - oh wait go hunt those mobs you used to hunt 3 years ago - or oh no just hunt the same mobs forever - dont' go higher unless you have 3 thousand dollars to spend. It's not obvious, it sneaks up on you. Yea - it's designed to make money and this is what does it.

So I'm a super newby here and idk none of what the OP has said makes any sense, so here's some personal info I'll divulge and then I'll break some math down for you based on the information you've given.

First off, I've been playing for 5 months. I'm currently maxed on ArMatrix LR-20, soon LR-25. I on average with an A103 (I use this all the time in my hunts) amp bull a minimum of 45 dps and I hunt a wide range of small mobs. Some offer decent MU and I've deposited somewhere around $300 USD. I did not depo all this all at once.

Yesterday I got a HoF worth 1191 PED and my current networth in storage is higher then 2k ped.

uwH3spZ.jpg
in this photo I'm 22 on the list.

Moving on...

You said you're using an LR-45 and you gave an example of atrox old being the highest mob you would kill given your current setup. Atrox old have 1110 HP and your gun if maxed on average does 70.4 dps non amped. That would mean it could take 16 shots to shoot an atrox and cost you 3.3 ped per kill. You didn't mention how much you are working with ped wise, so I'll just use a random figure, lets say 1000 ped.

With 1k ped you should be able to kill close to 303 atrox olds. That's not a lot and I suspect the issue you're running into isn't whether or not you're able to kill the mob you want to fight. It's a matter of whether or not you're killing enough of the same mob.

The Oro HoF I got I farmed for 10 hours and killed somewhere in the neighborhood of 2-3k of them. Also my cost per kill was very low. In my experience I've found that the more you kill of a mob the more likely you'll get something out of it. And this is obviously coming a perspective with limited experience.

Your gun has 5984 uses, thats potentially 374 atrox kills. If you're worried about MU on your gun which you should be. Most Limited weapons have high markup, I would spend some time messaging crafters and looking around shops. I'm consistently always finding good deals and killing mobs that are making me a profit, or allowing me to skim on by without having to worry to depoing again.

I agree, the game was cheaper to play before they made the game "cheaper to play"....

So I'm a super newby here and idk none of what the OP has said makes any sense, so here's some personal info I'll divulge and then I'll break some math down for you based on the information you've given...

Gratz on your HOF, I've seen ingame. :)

And thanks for reply.

But in fact I said Atrox old was just an example of biggest mob I hunt. (I mean "mostly", I can hunt bigger but only occasionally)

And I also said in a reply that I did pretty well until I reached L50/55.

I also got a 1500 ped hof on Bery Stalker when I was like L45.
And was lucky got a ring I sold almost 5K from a box before this. :woot:

I guess this is "noob luck".
I feel like it's a "trap"... :whisper:

When I talk to friends, there is alot of them tell that there is some kind of change in your return (and in so called "luck") at around L50.

But who knows.. I wish your "luck" to continue and never stop. :)

Thanks again guys.

For some people I want to tell that you should not take the word "millionaire" at face value...
But I guess most understood what I meant. :rolleyes:

As Wizz, Dombath and few others suggested, I think getting a UL gun could help a bit.
If I save 25% MU of weapon, I could probably kill 25% more mobs.

I have some doubt since it's sometimes not better whith CDF guns (zero MU).
But I'll probably try it anyway. :sniper:

I was going to make a detailed reply to this post, but then I realised it wasn't worth the trouble.

Instead I will just say that it's important to realise that most of the people who post on this forum, and especially the people who post a lot on this forum, haven't got a fucking clue how to play this game properly, and you should ignore them completely.

Or just read what Slither said again.

why 40k ped rifle to kill a 1500 hp mob????
I think a decent price range for a rifle for these mobs is somewhere around 2500~5000 ped

One of the biggest errors people make is buying big UL gear and not having action plans. You buy UL gear as a large investment that will pay big dividends for the activity that is already filling your coffers.

Like it or hate it, if you are baffled by the cost of the game, the only way to figure out where the money is going is to track it. It's unreasonable to spend it with eyes closed and then be upset when you don't understand where and how it has gone.

How much do you spend per hunt? How is that money being spent? How much do you get in return? Including mark up? If you want to understand where its going, you need the data first. Many have shown, especially since 2.0, that the game does indeed have structure. You do need to take the time to figure it out where you're hemorrhaging money though.

Gratz on your HOF, I've seen ingame. :)

And thanks for reply.

But in fact I said Atrox old was just an example of biggest mob I hunt. (I mean "mostly", I can hunt bigger but only occasionally)

And I also said in a reply that I did pretty well until I reached L50/55.

I also got a 1500 ped hof on Bery Stalker when I was like L45.
And was lucky got a ring I sold almost 5K from a box before this. :woot:

I guess this is "noob luck".
I feel like it's a "trap"... :whisper:

When I talk to friends, there is alot of them tell that there is some kind of change in your return (and in so called "luck") at around L50.

But who knows.. I wish your "luck" to continue and never stop. :)

What are you hunting with LR-50/55 and are you maxed on these weapons, are you using amps, any other attachments. What armor are you using, are you having to heal a lot?

if your total decay is more then what you're able to get back in loot, could be a result of fighting higher then what you can afford to kill then guess your returns will be lower then the statistically proven 93% return.

That's not to say that you wont get lower like 80's. Also make sure when you calculate your return that you only calculate your TT return against what you cycled in ped, so what you lost in ammo, decay on weapons, armor, fab etc.

If you're only looking at your return after however long you do your hunts for against what you started with originally its going to look as if you're way under 50% return.

I was going to make a detailed reply to this post, but then I realised it wasn't worth the trouble.

Instead I will just say that it's important to realise that most of the people who post on this forum, and especially the people who post a lot on this forum, haven't got a fucking clue how to play this game properly, and you should ignore them completely.

You do realise that the one with the most posts in this thread.... is you?

Maybe you should make the detailed post, your posts make sense most of the time.

Anyone can play at any level, but if you are serious about depositing 1 Million USD...

4166.67 per month deposited for 20 years should get you there in the course of a 20 year timeframe...
2777.78 per month deposited for 30 years could also...
2083.33 per month deposited for 40.1 years...
or 1000 per month deposited for 83.33 years...

Of course that's not taking in to account losses/gains along the way...

I really doubt anyone ever really deposited that much at least not to 'play' with... to 'invest with', probably quite a few have.

A better way to look at it is figure out what you can afford to lose, and just consider all deposits as 'entertainment' or losses... a Doctor or Traffic Controllers is going to be able to have more 'fun money' in game than a minimum wager or someone just playing for free off of money sweated... but that doesn't mean they'll be having 'more fun' than those playing at the lower levels.

Mindark has made it cheaper to play the game in many ways over the years, but still hasn't made it cheap enough to please everyone...

There are quite a few 10 and even some 5 hp mobs in game you could grind forever... may not be the 'most fun' or best roi thing to do but you could do it theoretically... (at least it'd arguably be more fun than sweating, at least for a while... but some enjoy sweating... if you do I'd suggest travelling to Rocktropia or Cyrene because the low damage mobs like the haters can get you quite a few sweat without a bunch of death and Cyrene has the Mario VR, Maze missions, and sweating daily that can get you tokens and pets if you do the low cost/free type activities daily for about 10 minutes... there's also the hub lime green tokens you can pick up for free over there if you don't mind getting de-clothed every time you go downstairs to the hub (don't wear L clothes or rings if you do a lot of hub time).)

and at a pretty low monthly cost... of course you could also just go chase the highest hp mob in game and hunt it solo once every 2-5 years if you chose to as well...

so no, this game isn't just for folks with a million bucks to blow... but if you do have the funds to do that, it could make the trip a bit more interesting.

One thing I'd suggest doing (and may try myself someday - keep telling myself I'll do it, but end up not since I always find something I want to do like repair things before next deposit, etc.) would be to be just deposit, play, and don't sell anything or convert the shrapnel in to ammo... just stick it all in storage... don't auction it. Don't sell it... just store it. Then keep doing that throughout the course of 1-5 (possibly 10) years (or at least long enough til you have enough TT value in shrapnel built up that you could TT it all and buy a mall shop or two). When your stuff's broke do some free activities like sweating or the above mentioned Cyrene stuff (or don't log in and go enjoy real life a bit)... only 'use' the funds you deposit. Don't keep TTing crap like I usually have done, and think most do over time... just let it sit and build. I think if you had the discipline to do this it'd put you in to a new way of thinking when you do get ready to sell it all off... it'd allow you to really think about what your next moves are financially related to in game activities.... it's one of the reasons I'll probably head back to Cyrene after Christmas gifts get handed out on all the planets (assuming they do?)

p.s. if you do start doing the Cyrene maze, I'd suggest NOT doing the kill Vlad mission til they fix it since he hands out no loot at the moment. In the vu last March they were supposed to increase his loot by adding in mazeweaver certificates to what it normally gave, but they actually screwed up and turned his loot off completely - so you still can kill him for the daily mission he offers, but get no loot in return... all the other maze stuff still works fine though. If you skip him, and talk to the npc at the docks before doing the maze, you should be able to get 7 certs a day without that one... 8 if you do that one. (I guess you could theoretically one shot vlad and make him chase you out of the maze and drown him in the river near the maze, but that seems like a lot of hassle just for one silly little certificate)

p.s. if you are in to taming, the 'rares' supposedly come after x amount of the non-rares get killed. Some theories on the forums here indicate you may be able to drown the non-rares to get that rare one to spawn, but I'm not really certain that's the way it works. I think the system may count the number of peds spent in ammo and armor decay til the rare spawns... there's really only a few places on various planets to 'test' this theory since with tag and drown mentality since most tameable spawns on Calypso proper are surrounded by high agro critters in the water. The fact that Mindark never developed the pets thing much yet also doesn't help with this since some critters on various planets don't have a 'rare' version... something that perhaps someone at Mindark could fix if they read this someday.

Last edited:
Mindark has made it cheaper to play the game in many ways over the years, but still hasn't made it cheap enough to please everyone...

sadly they raised the initial costs quite a lot at loot 2.0....
before loot 2.0 i've depo'd 40$ over 4 years and it was fine, then came loot 2.0 and i had to depo another 150$ within 6 months.... so much for game being cheaper....

Net return cycling for 100,000 PED since VU 15.15: 97.29%

So its all about your costs (they count TT only ofc) AND selling with MU

As simple as that

Average cost of a kill compared to average loot?

Decay gun? Decay Armor? Decay healing?

Last edited:
From my whole post someone picks out the line 'much of what I did is no longer viable' in order somehow show that the game is just for millionaires :laugh:

Read the whole paragraph in context and you'll clearly see that the things that are no longer viable have been replaced with other activities.

It depends on what your goal is: have fun? To make profit? Live from it? At least Goal 1, you do not need to be a millionaire ...

Right is: You need to invest Money, to have fun and making profit fast, but you mustn´t be a Millionaire..... even to become an Uber. But it costs Time and patience...... :wise:

In my early days I deposited a lot more than I do today, had a lot of fun playing the game.
Reduced my regular deposits to just 20$ a month, a few years ago and still have a lot of fun playing the game.

It does not need to be able to shoot Mulicber 24/7 to have fun in the game.

Its up to each one himself what to do, how to do it, and how much money to spent on the activity in game.

Consider every $ deposited as payment for the entertainment you get.
Set yourself a limit.

Now check what you can do with your money, so that this money lasts untill your next regular planned deposit.

If PEDs are empty to fast, you play at to high level, downgrade.

If PEDs left when next regular deposit comes, good! Save it, so you can do occationally higher level activity every here and then.

Its just play at your budget, then you will always be fine.

There always will be someone who can cycle more than you on bigger mobs, but that does not mean he has more fun than you.

Even a z12 Barbarella hunt can turn out to be great fun, especially when you do it in team :)

Consider every $ deposited as payment for the entertainment you get.

That's not how I see it.

Consider every $ deposited as investment to make more $$$

That's how I see it.

You can either spend money. Or make money with money.
And then spend some money with the money you made :wtg:

For $ 150, I play a whole year ^^. However, I have gotten used to playing every day. Only if I get suitable daily missions for my Iron Missions. Since it can be ever that I can not hunt for 3 or 4 days.

Consider every $ deposited as investment to make more $$$

If I want to invest money to make money, there is tons of way better investment opportunities in my RL enviroment than EU can offer. With much less risk involved!

Sorry, no I am not here to make money.

Its a game, I play a game to have fun/entertainment.
I play a game to relax from my RL or to escape from my reality for some hours.

Back