Should I invest in adj ep-41?

Mr Odyseo

Old
Society
TheAncients
Mr Odyseo Angel
So I've been asking around and doing some research on weapons that are around my level, and I've come across a lot of people telling me that adj ep-41 is amazing; which sure enough seems that way.

My question is, if I should invest into it.. I am level 37 laser rifle hit, and level 35 laser damage, I'd have to skill up my laser pistol hit a little, which I don't mind. I just wanna make sure before doing the investment on the gun, that buying it is worth the ped in the long run.

I know that its top tier gun for cat 3, so I'll be able to use the gun in events for a little bit of time before I reach cat 4, after that happens I'll most likely have to start using (L) guns in events to be able to max the dps so I have a better chance at winning.

My main concern is, that I buy it, and not too long after, I find out that there's a better gun out there, for which I only would've had to skill up a little bit more, or waited a little longer and gotten a way better gun, so I'm just looking for opinions, since I've never used anything but (L) guns.

Also, if I do buy it, what tier should I try to buy it? Since I know buying tiered guns can be quite expensive..

I appreciate any help you guys can provide me :)

there's always a bigger gun out there. But the adj ep-41 is a really nice one. You can do a lot of iron missions with it, quite eco. I would keep using it even if you reach cat.4, use it for dailies and the blakshaah, so the gun earns you the cdf L weapons that are bigger.

there's always a bigger gun out there. But the adj ep-41 is a really nice one. You can do a lot of iron missions with it, quite eco. I would keep using it even if you reach cat.4, use it for dailies and the blakshaah, so the gun earns you the cdf L weapons that are bigger.

That is actually really smart.. thanks for the advice, any suggestions on the tier I should look to buy?

look at the long run, are you happy playing how you do now? would the ep-41 a good fit for it.
you dont just buy a UL gun just for skilling untill you get a few lvls more to get the next better gun and buy another UL one. If you have another ul gun in mind that would fit the near future it might be to lend / rent and ep-41 for a few days / weeks or stick with L.

keep in mind that the higher your weapons get the more the initial costs are for hunting thus your bankrole needs to be higher. ( this also goes for tiered weapons, more dmg enhancers = more costs = less eco but killspeed goes up )

on the event part , dont worry about that. there's quiet a few ep-41's so verry competitive catagory. unless you want todo it for funs ofc :)

I think the fact you ask the question might mean youre not quite ready for an investment of this size I think its great youre asking the questions. Its important to know what a tool (weapon/finder/ring w/e) does and what it gives you before investing. Its an ok unlimited gun for its level, solid damage, comptitive (tho not great) efficiency and most importantly its readily available and often easy to buy and sell unlike some of its rivals. It can be semi competitive at high tiers in its cat but honestly without supporting gear and good understanding of events i wouldnt think about this too much when deciding if its a buy or not and tbh id favor 0-low tier one as its not a weapon id wanna be enhancing at all.

My first reccomendation would be to check your other options, go to auction/weapons/orders/available and look through all the guns there, see which ones are around your level and a bit above to give you an idea of whats out there and what tools you want to work towards. Checking market history can give some idea of how available they are.

My second reccomendation, is bankroll. First purchase for a laser hunter around your level should be an imp a105 before the gun and this is a 3kish ped gun so ensure you have a lot of peds left over to hunt with it after buying it + amp. A mistake i see a lot of people make is having say 5kped on card and upgrading to a 3-3.5k gun and selling it shortly after because they run out of peds due to not having enough of a bankroll to grind with a higher cost weapon.

My third piece of advice is again expectation, with adj41 + imp105 + youre assumed looter skill your gonna be looking at about 95.x% tt return longterm so perhaps invest in couple of limited guns first of similar dps and check the avg mu of some mobs that you plan to hunt with it, see if you like/can work with what you find. Again depending on your playstyle/bankroll/goals and expectations.

I think the fact you ask the question might mean youre not quite ready for an investment of this size I think its great youre asking the questions. Its important to know what a tool (weapon/finder/ring w/e) does and what it gives you before investing. Its an ok unlimited gun for its level, solid damage, comptitive (tho not great) efficiency and most importantly its readily available and often easy to buy and sell unlike some of its rivals. It can be semi competitive at high tiers in its cat but honestly without supporting gear and good understanding of events i wouldnt think about this too much when deciding if its a buy or not and tbh id favor 0-low tier one as its not a weapon id wanna be enhancing at all.

My first reccomendation would be to check your other options, go to auction/weapons/orders/available and look through all the guns there, see which ones are around your level and a bit above to give you an idea of whats out there and what tools you want to work towards. Checking market history can give some idea of how available they are.

My second reccomendation, is bankroll. First purchase for a laser hunter around your level should be an imp a105 before the gun and this is a 3kish ped gun so ensure you have a lot of peds left over to hunt with it after buying it + amp. A mistake i see a lot of people make is having say 5kped on card and upgrading to a 3-3.5k gun and selling it shortly after because they run out of peds due to not having enough of a bankroll to grind with a higher cost weapon.

My third piece of advice is again expectation, with adj41 + imp105 + youre assumed looter skill your gonna be looking at about 95.x% tt return longterm so perhaps invest in couple of limited guns first of similar dps and check the avg mu of some mobs that you plan to hunt with it, see if you like/can work with what you find. Again depending on your playstyle/bankroll/goals and expectations.

I had actually forgotten about imp a105, that would probably a smarter thing to buy first. Since my current UL amp its just an a103, so I am usually buying bigger armatrix amps for guns. As for how loot returns work, they are just fine, I am currently using a 58.7 dps gun with armatrix 42b for the mayhem event, but usually just run either the a103, or just a lower armatrix amp, depending on what I am hunting. Meaning, if I'm feeling freesky and going for those swirl mobs, like feffox, atrox, and such, or if I am just going for MU mobs that I've found to have decent returns after MU. This being said, I just dont like how high armatrix gun's MU is going, I feel its just ridiculous, so I started to look at UL options, and that's how I came accross ep41. At least I know that I can handle a gun of that level, and this is while I am saving up for adj resto in the background.

So I'll take your advice, and buy the imp a105 first try it out, and look at all of the options available out there. Since I can say that probably my main goal is to have a competitive ul gun with which I can have fun in events and win a couple. I dont have any kind of rush in buying this gun what so ever, so I believe the piece of advice you gave me is really good. thank you a lot.

Also, out of topic.
I have to depo to buy this gun, since I don't wanna touch my bankroll or storage to buy this gun, so which would be the best way to depo? Just straight depo and let MA take their huge cut from it, or buy keys/strongboxes?

I had one for years, i loved it, i only replaced it when i swapped to blp, Its a great gun, due to low damage but high fire you can kill smaller mobs and not overkill like you can with other guns of similar level. Only major downside is that amp is costly for the gun, costing about 1/3rd the value of the gun.

Depo with keys.

Depends what your goals are, what missions your planning?

Its a really good gun for low lvl grinding, that said I just sold mine as i outgrew it fairly quickly.

The nice thing about those adjusted weapons, (created from the update mission at Ithaca), is that they turn a non SIB gun into a SIB weapon, and with better stats. In other words if you have the pro levels for it 35-38+ you will be 10/10 hit ability rather than waiting to get to level 100+ before you're 10/10.

I've not used those hand guns, but I have used the adjusted determination sword (that was also an upgrade), and it is very lovely indeed.

First off I would check one in auction, look at the info stats and see if you're 10/10 hit ability on it.

For me; the issue with any handguns is they're generally lots of attacks per minute at low level, so they burn an awful lot of amp. That's not always a problem, but you should consider if that is for you. Laser rifle on the other hand are generally slower shooting but with bigger shots so use less amp.

You can get away with a smaller amp on a handgun and keep quite good efficiency. It's more value to put bigger amps of laser rifles. So don't discount your A103 for handgun. Probably an A104 would be more suitable, and you're not needing to spend big peds on it.

Often bigger AMPs are overrated, for general grinding.

Consider the following (damage per pec) on an EWE EP-41 Military Adjusted:

no amp 2.876
A103 2.929
A104 2.936
A105 2.944
A105 imp 2.951
A106 2.951

so the difference between an A104 and Imp A105 is just 0.015 damage per pec. In the scheme of things that's nothing.

Lets compare with an Armatrix LP35 (L) with your A103, then your DPP is 3.008

edit: I don't know the MU on a LP35 (L), but if you could get one for just 6.24 ped markup it costs the same running A103 on both guns.

If you buy an unlimited weapon, then it should be your intention to use it a lot.

Hope helps

Rick

Last edited:
Back