Help: Error 12002

Clam Jamphrie

Old Alpha
Society
GloryHound Irregulars
Clam Jboy Jamphrie
So, after many years absence, I thought I would pop in and see if anybody still wears Bear Armour. My first re-encounter with EU is Error 12002.

Has anybody experienced this before and found a solution?

I get so for with downloading Calypso but then get these messages that keep popping up before ultimately failing on a complete download.

I have filed a support case, but from what I remember the community is usually a better place for advise so here I am.

Is it always that same file? If so then try disabling Rocktropia in the options (Tools -> Planet Data). Once you've got a working installation you can try downloading RT later. Or you could do that for all the planets and then add them all later when you've got the core game installed.

Is it always that same file? If so then try disabling Rocktropia in the options (Tools -> Planet Data). Once you've got a working installation you can try downloading RT later. Or you could do that for all the planets and then add them all later when you've got the core game installed.

Hey Oleg,

No, It's not always the same file. Another funny thing that was happening was that even though I only had Calypso selected to download all of the planets (including Calypso) were at 50% downloaded. Selecting or deselecting different planets seems to make no difference. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled (twice) and same thing happens.

Yup I've seen that exact error.
The only way to get around it was.

EDIT: Also if you get Error 12002 then reboot PC -OR-
CTRL+ALT+DEL > advanced close EU client, before starting the below.

Disable Antivirus (usually can do by right clicking its icon near time/date)

Start client
click Tools button
[ ] uncheck every planet *
save and exit client

Wait a minute or so for EU client to fully close.
Restart client go into tools again and double check all planets are unchecked.
If they are unchecked, then no worries return to client updating page.
After client updates, close client > start client > tools and check a couple planets save and see if client downloads them, etc.

*If you don't uncheck planets fast enough it will hang.
If it hangs then after a minute, CTRL+ALT+DEL > advanced then close the EU client.
To avoid hang uncheck a few > save > exit > start > tools > uncheck more, etc

After you've gotten updates you want downloaded you can restart AV and EU should work without problems.

Last edited:
Cheers Max.

I did as you suggested but the same problem kept popping up. However, it was defo an AV issue as I manged to get EU installed after uninstalling my AV :D

Cheers for the advise :)

Glad to see that part of the advise worked ha ha ha. :D

I never saw 12002 with Avast antivirus but its a hassle otherwise and dumped it last year.
When I first started using Ad-Aware antivirus I got that 12002 error.
Did all that stuff only the 1st time to get EU client to update, but now I just disable AV for EU to update. :dunno:

So now I'm curious what AV you were been using when you got 12002 error??

So now I'm curious what AV you were been using when you got 12002 error??

I'm using BitDefender. I've reinstalled it and the game works fine with it running, but BitDefender doesn't like EU on installation :D

In our game dev team, all programmers just use win defender. Most of the antivirus act like same as a virus, and may block things you need to have working. Win defender is in most cases enought prodection.

The big danger to get a virus is the op at the keyboard, about clicking at every BS. Some of the AV apps, especial the free ones, just use your system to pop up some ad and block other things, and most bad, it switch of win defender.

Back