Bumping threads rules

Lutine

Old
there are a lot of bumping in the events, most of them dont respect the forum rules.

3.10 - Bumping of Threads
Bumping of threads is only permitted ONCE in any 24 hour period,and only if the thread has been pushed to the second page of a forum (using default viewing settings). This rule applies especially for the Trading forums. Bumping of threads by friends is NOT permitted at any time.

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/content.php?114-planet-calypso-forum-rules

Question, is this rule useless for the events thread or should events organisators stop to bump they treads ?

Lutine

+Bump...

Oh Snap! Hey I lurk but this time I just could not help myself. :laugh:

I see a post on the first page that wasn't bumped since Oct 18th. Nearly a month. If you wanted to follow the letter of the law here you wouldn't be able to bump an event but once every month? Quite ridiculous if it were to play out that way.

I think event threads should be able to be bumped every 24 hours. I see no problem with that. But bumping your event 5 hours before it starts and then 3 hours before it starts, and again 1 hour before it starts is where it gets out of control. That type of bumping should be restricted, but every 24 hrs is no problem for me.

I don't host events, I don't have connections to events, so hopefully my opinion is just an unbiased PCF browser... Let them bump every 24, where's the harm in that?

I always look into NEW posts first, so I apreciate that event threads get bumped regularly, that way I dont miss one, if I want to take part.

I see a post on the first page that wasn't bumped since Oct 18th. Nearly a month. If you wanted to follow the letter of the law here you wouldn't be able to bump an event but once every month? Quite ridiculous if it were to play out that way.

There is a similar problem in the Shops forum. If you sell something in a shop(keeper) you have to wait maybe weeks to bump your thread (unless maybe you have an inventory update), while someone just selling something in their possession gets to bump their stuff every 24 hours. Not exactly fair.

Back