This is What a GDPR Report Looks Like

endermigne

Elite
Society
The White Dots
ender endermigne migne
Well, I got my GDPR report today two weeks after my latest request. Therefore, for all those who have (not) waited for this, here it is:

You get an email explaining a few things about their strategy with the data and what you are free to do plus a docx-file with a size depending on your activities, but I doubt that it'll be much larger than 1MB.

What's in there:

• Account information
  • Client crashes
  • Details for Payment Users
  • Bank accounts
  • Operator history (?)
  • Account history
  • Real world orders
  • Account offers
  • Account events
  • Transaction groups
  • Logins and durations of sessions (by far the longest part in the document)
  • Items at the time of the GDPR (as seen online)
  • Support cases (as seen online)

What's not in there:

• Society info
  • Contacts
  • Chat log
  • Private chat log
  • Messages sent/received
  • Auction log
  • Private trading log
  • Loot/activity history (not even globals)
  • Level standings
  • Profession standings
  • Mob hunting ratio
  • Mining statistics
  • Crafting stuff
  • What they know about the computer hardware you use
  • Date, time and location of your next global/HOF/ATH

In other words anything that would refer to other players is probably protected by the GDPR of the other player. In other words, whatever you do won't show up in anyone else's GDPR report.

So based on this you can decide for yourself whether or not you want this.

Logins and durations of sessions (by far the longest part in the document)

This is really the only part that would interest me as I would love to have a specific number showing how much gameplay I've gotten from EU.

The other real question is if they are going to allow anyone to request this report or if they are going to be all stingy and ONLY allow people in Europe to get their because "it's the law"....

Thanks for the update!

*EDIT* Just submitted a request - let's see what happens.

This is really the only part that would interest me as I would love to have a specific number showing how much gameplay I've gotten from EU.

Well, I don't know how far back they provide this. I came back nine months ago and those logins since then are all there. My logins before that (up to May 2011) are not there.

The mail says that they store information between a couple of minutes and eight years depending on the information. They don't go into details what is stored for how long.

May I ask how you request this report.

May I ask how you request this report.

You open a support case and put this in it:

Hi,

I wish to make an access request under Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for a copy of any information you keep about me or my avatar, on computer or in manual form in relation to my account in Entropia Universe.

Thanks.

Regards,
<your name>

Back