PlanetCalypsoForum.com :: Entropia Universe Discussion and Resources
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Female
    Maria Mesh
    Society
    tAS->Entropia Asia Cadets->Entropia Asia->Zoku->NBK->NBK Entrepreneur->Kaos->the Ministry
    Blog Entries
    Images

End of the year sale?

What's the big end of year sale this year? Is it one of the planetoids mentioned in the deep white paper?

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Rob Menace Klok
    Society
    SECRET
    Images
    I heard they're gonna auction the PED cards of all the inactive accounts from the players lost to fear, common sense, and the reality of the state of EU. Should be about 850,000 PED cards all ranging from 1 PEC up to 3 PED.
    Quote Originally Posted by neomaven View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

If MA wants significant investment in this virtual universe, they need to foster a fair environment.

Prowler
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Benevolent 3J Afterdark
    Images
    I have my fingers crossed that they will offer it by way of the FEN token trader, so i'm stockpiling those platinum's!

Billy Jean Ruby
    Society
    Factory of Fun
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 3-J View Post
    I have my fingers crossed that they will offer it by way of the FEN token trader, so i'm stockpiling those platinum's!
    oh my! Your imagination can beat Gene Roddenberry's scenarios

This year they sell "virtually nothing certificates" to prove you can make money with virtually nothing in eu. 50 000 Ped per certificate. The certificate will be just in your immagination tough, because else it weren't virtually nothing anymore.

Marauder
    Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    MeLoveYou LongTime FiveDolla
    Society
    Apocalyptic
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Menace View Post
    I heard they're gonna auction the PED cards of all the inactive accounts from the players lost to fear, common sense, and the reality of the state of EU. Should be about 850,000 PED cards all ranging from 1 PEC up to 3 PED.
    Jokes aside, this is how you keep looting certain items, I am pretty sure.

My money is on a knick knack that has no relevance to the game like the last few years, including equus.

Gender | Ingame
    Male | Male
    Sir Matt Copping
    Society
    Universal Holdings
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think whatever MA sell it should be sold in the form of joint ownership deeds with some kind of voting system (based on the number of deeds owned) for how the structure is managed

This offers a large important (hopefully) structure for one rich individual to manage (if they can obtain more than 50% of the deeds) while also appleasing the general player base who can invest in ownership themselves.

If is hard to see what exactly MA can sell other then the usual useless rubbish we have seen in the past few years because where would MA put anything useful in the universe. Calypso is the obvious candidate but favouritism to any one planet particularly (arguably) the most developmed isn't really that helpful.

I see some options:

1) MA release some useful structure for every single planet (an obvious suggestion would be land)
    2) MA release some useful structure for space (space mining/hunting land or space mall) which is common for all planets to use and benefit from.
    3) MA release some kind of uniquely taxed free roaming mob which players can buy shares in and receive the tax back (this is a nice option imo because a very good storyline could be written around the whole thing).

To finish whatever MA sells should add some new capability or function to the universe as a whole which should mutually benefit the owner of the item and also the people using that feature.

It would be a terrible mistake on MAs part to offer something superfical or with novelty qualities (invisible armour for example).

I would like to see some kind of publically owned stock exchange where players can buy and sell deeds very quickly for a nominal fee (say 1 pec per transaction). One of these stock exchanges would exist on every planet. The owners would take 50% of the transaction fee, MA 25% and the plant on which the transaction occured 25%.

Alternatively MA could sell a trading company based around the idea of the transport system and the transport fees from the auction house..
    Last edited by matthew; 11-15-2018 at 16:26.
    CEO of Universal Holdings. Society of deed holders.