Halloween Mayhem 2018 Results

Is it ok that allar allarom mark placed in twice in different annihilation categories 6 and 9?
Seems to me that rules told that the highest score replaces any other lower scorrs despite of category.
So he must be placed only in cat 6

And if i'm right and didn't misunderstand the rules - someone was kicked from top10 in cat9 with this double placing

Yeah, that's What the rules say at least. "You can only have a recorded score in a single category at a time. Recording a new score with higher points (regardless of category) will replace any previously-recorded score." So his cat9 score should get erased. Good effort on his part to place cat 9 with cat 6 skills lol

no those 5k are best thing ever ! Think at those who share items they will win everything. So now if you own an item you have enough time to grind until you get the 5k.

Exactly...

Congratulations to all the winners!

:thumbup:

no those 5k are best thing ever ! Think at those who share items they will win everything. So now if you own an item you have enough time to grind until you get the 5k.

Not everyone has the time/budget to do multiple runs though.
I feel that with those 5k pointers it's more a lottery then a competition.

That is because it is.. I feel like the 5k pointers its just a little too much.. in my end, I did not get a single 5k pointers, (or any kind of big bonus in that case #FeelsBad) so this made me place SO LOW. I literally if I at least had one 5k pointers, I'd be on top 10 in cat 3, not exactly sure where, but def would have been there.. The 5k make too much of a difference, that if you dont get one, you will just do not place top 10

Makes sense to me. You either need some luck or work for it. If you do it 3 or4 times you would probably get a 5k. I think that is more deserving than just renting a mega weapon and doing it once.

GG all!

70 cat 10 hunters and 25-35 competing in cat 08 / 09. Think it’s time for some category rebalancing :wise:
Stop encouraging people to chip out free skills please

I agree!

However cat 10 had a lot of casual grinders even in non practice mode. So cant say they really participated. Like getting under 1k points in cat10 over 15h, is just a lot of afk standing no matter how you kill (or dont kill for that matter).

But i still agree!
Cat 9 had some casuals too :p

They continue to improve the event system over time listening to feedback and adjusting. A great event and hopefull you'll continue to improve it going forward grats to all winners and thanks to MA :)

GZ to the winners! That was a fun event.

Thx! But Im still a bit confused about that i lost second place to a so called bug in the system...

Thx! But Im still a bit confused about that i lost second place to a so called bug in the system...

At least you placed in top 10. I did 3 runs in cat5, using a T9 imk2, full dmg enhancers, T3 Arson NeurosA and Accustim10(27% reload and 3,6 crit) and I had 2 times 500 points :D Place 1 and 2 did only 1 run and they had to have 2 x 5k :)

I'm confused too. When you follow the rules and you do things normally, you can be punished.
When you don't do normal things, you have "a bug" but no problem for MA, you'll be recorded.

I don't say Granny cheated, i just say, if granny do not tryed to "stay hidden" and played normally it will be more fair and will not found "a bug".
When Granny found the bug and MA said ok and MA planned to place Granny in top 10, MA should change in game leader board too.

Event was great, best one i think, but need some more tweak ;)

I'm confused too. When you follow the rules and you do things normally, you can be punished.
When you don't do normal things, you have "a bug" but no problem for MA, you'll be recorded.

I don't say Granny cheated, i just say, if granny do not tryed to "stay hidden" and played normally it will be more fair and will not found "a bug".
When Granny found the bug and MA said ok and MA planned to place Granny in top 10, MA should change in game leader board too.

Event was great, best one i think, but need some more tweak ;)

Granny did played normally. It was an available strategy, to keep the score away from others...
MA could add another 2 fields next events:

Current run:
- time left
And they should add this, to go all the way, since their intent was to make people grind the event and not only rent stuff for one run. Dps and luck matters but the grind and owning stuff matters more and more each day which is great!

GG MA too

They could atleast put me and granny as second place winner instead of pushing everyone down a placement..

They could atleast put me and granny as second place winner instead of pushing everyone down a placement..

Why?
Granny has scored 1614 pts more than you, why MA should not push you down 1 place when they fixed the leaderboard?

There was even a post by Granny in this forum about the bug and how it happened, and she also stated that she contacted support about it.

You could have talk to her, maybe she would have told you her points, but thats unlikely as she loged out of the instance to hide her points, what definately worked, but also caused the bug.

Only thing that Granny did not right was login out of the instance when remaining time was to low.
Not her fault, it also could have happend by accident due a conection lost, or some other issues.

Not breaking the rules anywhere, so she completely deserved her place.

MA did not do anything wrong here.

and they could give us both a PM token for basically a tie too ;)

Ofc they shouldnt give you both the same place since granny had a higher point score then you. Only diffenerence is that his is not on the score board ingame. but it is in MAs system and he recorded his final score so its not that he did anything wrong, the instance bugged out, he wrote a supportcase about it and his final score got put into the placement.

If it was up to me wezten would get 2nd place also.. unfortunately it is not up to me, mindark has done it in the past, why not now?
It was an ingame bug and false advertisement.

If mindark was able to put it on the board fast enough then fine. But this was not the case.

This whole thing could have been avoided with people that test the game and report the bugs before an event goes live. Dont know if mindark can set this up, but most games have it.

If it was up to me wezten would get 2nd place also.. unfortunately it is not up to me, mindark has done it in the past, why not now?
It was an ingame bug and false advertisement.

If mindark was able to put it on the board fast enough then fine. But this was not the case.

This whole thing could have been avoided with people that test the game and report the bugs before an event goes live. Dont know if mindark can set this up, but most games have it.

Guess they didn't expect people to try to leave exactly 0.0000000000001 seconds on the timer clock so they can hide their scores. :smoke::smoke::smoke:

Granny did played normally. It was an available strategy, to keep the score away from others...
MA could add another 2 fields next events:

Current run:
- time left
And they should add this, to go all the way, since their intent was to make people grind the event and not only rent stuff for one run. Dps and luck matters but the grind and owning stuff matters more and more each day which is great!

GG MA too
But this as he said playing like this stoping the time 1 sec before the 15 h completed it grands you the posibilitity to continue and kill and gain mobs for hours. So nobody know exactly if granny did it or for how much one he did it.
Funny doe.

But this as he said playing like this stoping the time 1 sec before the 15 h completed it grands you the posibilitity to continue and kill and gain mobs for hours. So nobody know exactly if granny did it or for how much one he did it.
Funny doe.

Yeah I agree no one can know but I was referring to leaving a little time at the end, when you have a good score, as a normal strategy, especially when you don't have your own gear, like most of the participants. Fair or not, it's not against the rules and it's a strategy available that gives an edge...

open to random speculation

Hi all,

This is what I dont get.
In Survival Category 1, why such a big gap petween 3rd and 4th place times?

Suppose I will leave it open to random speculation...

Survival Category 1
  • 1st - Eleonora karlito123 Draule - 01:05:45 - 1 Placement Mayhem Token + 1000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 2nd - Adam Timp McCluster - 01:04:53 - 1000 Mayhem Tokens
  • 3rd - guan Gorg Tuas - 00:57:12 - 800 Mayhem Tokens
  • 4th - Nebojsha LittleAngel Orlovikj - 00:21:28 - 700 Mayhem Tokens
  • 5th - torque inda house - 00:18:24 - 600 Mayhem Tokens
  • 6th - Piekny Chudy Stanislaw - 00:18:23 - 500 Mayhem Tokens
  • 7th - Chupa-Chups Candyman MONSTER - 00:18:02 - 400 Mayhem Tokens
  • 8th - Ballaban Ballaban Ballaban - 00:16:39 - 300 Mayhem Tokens
  • 9th - Vic Oskar Skaya - 00:12:14 - 200 Mayhem Tokens
  • 10th - Michael vs Samyaza - 00:11:21 - 100 Mayhem Tokens

Guess they didn't expect people to try to leave exactly 0.0000000000001 seconds on the timer clock so they can hide their scores. :smoke::smoke::smoke:

Ha so true more or less me not paying attention i wanted to leave a few seconds on it ;P

Hi all,

This is what I dont get.
In Survival Category 1, why such a big gap petween 3rd and 4th place times?

Suppose I will leave it open to random speculation...

Top 3 borrow top gear rest are genuine cat 1'ers pretty simple.

Grats to all...

I do find the 5k’s to be necessary; however, I’m a bit discouraged by how many tries I put in toward this event with such poor points compared to all others with similar dps (top end dps).

I did 5x 15 hours, with 4 of the 15 hour runs being as hardcore as could be done.
1st run full earth shock, cdf 1k with armatrix 75 laser amp, 9% ch buff and 30% speed buff with no 1k and no 5k.
2nd and 3rd run full sentinel with L electric plates (42 electric protection), bl1800 and cdf 1k, full buffs. 1x1k in 1 run and 0x5k
4th run I only did like 5 hours and afk’d the rest because my score was awful. No 5k, no 1k. Mixed perfected teg, bc-120, cdf1k.
5th run cdf 1k, full buffs, sentinel and L plates again, 2x1k, 0x5k and my score was worse than the 1x1k run so I stopped with 3 hours left to do a survival run.

I don’t expect to auto-win doing multiple tries, but I do feel 1 guy getting 2x5k and like 5 or more 1k in his first 15 hours vs me doing 75 hours with more dps and similar efficiency, similar dps for 1 run to test dps, higher looter skills (dispelling the theories) is a bit unrealistic and unfair mathematically. I got 3 x 1k in about 60-65 hours of hardcore shooting vs. 5x1k AND 2x5k In 15 hours seems insanely unbalanced. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy who won!

I am sure trolls will get upset with this post. I can only say that I enjoy the format and new event styles. I just like to feel like it isn’t so skewed by the bonuses.

As for the survival, I found a few places to exploit which I repeatedly voiced to MA support after finding them. I refrained from using any of them for fear of being disqualified or worse yet, locked. I really thought they were grey areas and continued to ask MA about them. To their credit, they were fast to answer. The problem was that they didn’t give definitive answers since they didn’t have time to ask the higher up MA employees about them (I found 2 of them the last day).

This leads me to ask for MA to once again do more testing and perhaps PAY someone like me to test the instance for bugs prior to release. I assure you that someone won a category doing at least one of these borderline exploits/strategies.

In any event, great event and great job all. Grats again to the winners and thanks MA!

This leads me to ask for MA to once again do more testing and perhaps PAY someone like me to test the instance for bugs prior to release.

ice_hotel_sweden.jpg

I dont know if they would pay you to test, but I'd suggest you decline the hotel they offer. :tongue2:

Grats to all...

I do find the 5k’s to be necessary; however, I’m a bit discouraged by how many tries I put in toward this event with such poor points compared to all others with similar dps (top end dps).

I did 5x 15 hours, with 4 of the 15 hour runs being as hardcore as could be done.
1st run full earth shock, cdf 1k with armatrix 75 laser amp, 9% ch buff and 30% speed buff with no 1k and no 5k.
2nd and 3rd run full sentinel with L electric plates (42 electric protection), bl1800 and cdf 1k, full buffs. 1x1k in 1 run and 0x5k
4th run I only did like 5 hours and afk’d the rest because my score was awful. No 5k, no 1k. Mixed perfected teg, bc-120, cdf1k.
5th run cdf 1k, full buffs, sentinel and L plates again, 2x1k, 0x5k and my score was worse than the 1x1k run so I stopped with 3 hours left to do a survival run.

I don’t expect to auto-win doing multiple tries, but I do feel 1 guy getting 2x5k and like 5 or more 1k in his first 15 hours vs me doing 75 hours with more dps and similar efficiency, similar dps for 1 run to test dps, higher looter skills (dispelling the theories) is a bit unrealistic and unfair mathematically. I got 3 x 1k in about 60-65 hours of hardcore shooting vs. 5x1k AND 2x5k In 15 hours seems insanely unbalanced. Don’t get me wrong, I like the guy who won!

I am sure trolls will get upset with this post. I can only say that I enjoy the format and new event styles. I just like to feel like it isn’t so skewed by the bonuses.

The bonuses are ok, you just had bad luck (while Solo had exceptional luck). I ran it 12-15 times and got 3 5k's (no dps though, just grinding), so you probably should get at least one 5k if you run it 4 or 5 times.

Back