Halloween Mayhem 2018 Results

The bonuses are ok, you just had bad luck (while Solo had exceptional luck). I ran it 12-15 times and got 3 5k's (no dps though, just grinding), so you probably should get at least one 5k if you run it 4 or 5 times.

You had no dps (as you said)... if star had x2 of yours, then it should be 5k per 2 runs avarage... i did 7 runs with no luck. my record was 20h straight without ANY rare points. dps was near perfection in cat6 (#9 in cat9 without 5k should be proof enough). sadly, 15h is not enough to compensate bad luck with dps. also, 100 mobs req. for pulling boss in 30mins is waaaay too little. i was able to do so in cat10 with cat6 weapon.

Overall the event was ok, i don't mind that 5k and points are rare, it is neccessary for giving change for everyone, not only the ones who can afford top gear.

In conclusion:
  • points distribution was ok
  • 15h is too little
  • 100 kills for boss in 30mins is too little

Ye....noone cant do it right for all...thats a neverending challenge...

In old mayhems only killpoints were the mass of things ..like 1 mob=1 point,other = 2 points....
With this scenario you can only have a good placement with good gear,hard work,hard grinding...

With this "new" luck point system ->for me its a half way thing for all...

I can understand new players which contribute for the "luck factor" of getting a 5k,1k etc point thingie...
And i can also understand pro players.....WHY should you work and pay your ass of in there if a half-geared new players gets like 3 x5k points in 15 hours and the pro grinder with expensive gear has only 1x5k in this time..

So why should he compete then and risk the "investement" (high lvl mu amps, pills,renting rings etc) when it "mostly depends on luck" ??

Maybe this is also an answer (except the high requirements for high categories, except the only token system prizes and other things) that some ppl only try it out or not compete
there 100%--

For me the only way is a concrete point system also...to only honor the work,effort,and paying your ass of for a good place...

Eddie

I did 6 and a half time of my 15 hours.
I Used a tier 7 gleamer with ares perfected and summer ring 2017 and i only had 2 runs without a 5k pointer.

I think the point system is fine and i think its awesome that luck also has a factor :)

I did 6 and a half time of my 15 hours.
I Used a tier 7 gleamer with ares perfected and summer ring 2017 and i only had 2 runs without a 5k pointer.

I think the point system is fine and i think its awesome that luck also has a factor :)

Luck was way too huge factor. i don't believe that you would have been that happy if i had looted 5k pointer in your category and pushed you to #4 :D

Luck was way too huge factor. i don't believe that you would have been that happy if i had looted 5k pointer in your category and pushed you to #4 :D

I would rather beem 4th place cuz of the amount of tokens. and i already have a Ptoken. but i also stayed competing in 1 cat :p besides i done every event since MM last year, and i had one event i lost 14k ped, but i dont complain about that since we all know how these event works

I actually hoped i got bumped down in placement, even had ppl from my stream keep checking the scoreboard in hope someone did :p

So if u reset the mission more then 3 times u get disqualified but u can finnish the mission How many times u want? Do i understand it right?

Just curious ?

So if u reset the mission more then 3 times u get disqualified but u can finnish the mission How many times u want? Do i understand it right?

Just curious ��

You should maybe read the event details every time an event is started. The reset rule was there for past events. EDIT: (I am blind, and should read it myself!)
This time
Once your 15-hour run is complete, your score is finalized and recorded. You can then start a new run to try to improve upon your previously-recorded score. The score from a new run is only recorded if it is higher than the previously-recorded score.

Last edited:
It is possible for participants to abandon the Annihilation mission and restart the event. In order to prevent excessive use of this feature and to protect the fairness of the event, any participant who abandons the Annihilation mission more than 3 times will be considered disqualified from the event and ineligible for prizes.

You could do as many 15 hours as you wanted as long as you finished all 15 hours and didnt apanted the mission more then 3 times

It is possible for participants to abandon the Annihilation mission and restart the event. In order to prevent excessive use of this feature and to protect the fairness of the event, any participant who abandons the Annihilation mission more than 3 times will be considered disqualified from the event and ineligible for prizes.

Well, seems I should read the whole OP myself over and over. Didn´t noticed that before nor after the event.
Guess its there to protect the abandom after 1 hour of gameplay without a 5k pointer, so you waste at least 14 more hours afk before you can restart.

Just noticed that Allar allarom Mark is both in Annihilation Cat 6 and Annihilation Cat 9...

Is that even possible :eyecrazy:

I would argue that should not be allowed? Mindark should probably take a look at that...

I guess MA never specified you can't enter more than one category though...?

I guess MA never specified you can't enter more than one category though...?

They clearly said you can but only the highest score matters:

You can only have a recorded score in a single category at a time. Recording a new score with higher points (regardless of category) will replace any previously-recorded score.

Seems to be a simple logic fail - not accounting for the possibility someone might record a score with lower points in a different cat.

Gratz to all winners. :cheer:

I would have liked to participate, but unfortunatly my PED card didn't want to..

Anyway I tried few instances, and I have to say it was pretty nice. (not the loot.. but the event :rolleyes:)
Not so much bugs, more precise rules, less possible cheat than before.
And Survival looks pretty fun.
So that's a good point. :thumbup:

But I have to agree whith some here that the 5K points in Anilihation are probably too much.

Last year(s) we were complaining about Mayhem being only about Gear/DPS (so only about money).
MA added the random points system, so that's good, but again maybe the 5K are too much.
Maybe change them for a 2K would not be so bad...
Don't know.. just a thought. :computer:

Edit:

I thought this mostly after I read Jenna's post.
Now that I read it again I notice he start whith "I do find the 5k’s to be necessary". :D

But in this same sentence you say; "however, I’m a bit discouraged by how many tries I put in toward this event with such poor points compared to all others with similar dps (top end dps)."

Well, if there is so much difference whith same DPS it's probably cause of the 5K points mostly.
The guys were lucky enough to get 1, 2 or 3 x 5K.

So I think we have a dichotomy here. :)

Last edited:
Maybe leave all the drop rates as they are BUT make all kills worth at least 1pt, no more 0pts. Might be a final balance between luck and gear

Maybe leave all the drop rates as they are BUT make all kills worth at least 1pt, no more 0pts. Might be a final balance between luck and gear

I guess the difference between the "lucky" one and the "unlucky" one would be the same.
Even if you add 1 point for each kill, if they both kill 5000 mobs, one get 2x5K points, if the second don't get any 5K points, then the difference would still be about 10K points.

I think it have to be about probabilities, this is how it works now, and we don't know probabilities for each amount of points.
Obviously the probability to get low amount of point (1,5,etc..) is higher.
The bigger the amount of point is, the lower the probabilty.
And lowest probability goes for 5K points for sure.

This is ok.
But maybe the 5K is too big compared to the previous one (1K).

Only MA knows.. :)

Just noticed that Allar allarom Mark is both in Annihilation Cat 6 and Annihilation Cat 9...

Is that even possible :eyecrazy:

Submitted support case.
Was answered that this is an error and results will be adjusted.

But what your saying is not true.
Looting instances are based on gear and investment. Think of same avi with same gun and same armor and same skills but one has aries L and the other has Xmas ring or Aries augmented or what ever, the second will loot way more mobs over a 15 hr period than the first. Now think about better gun, better amp, better armor so maybe no healing time, the lucky factor starts to drop as gear is increased.
Sure one avi using lowest gear for that cat could hit 3 5k and win it all but the impact of over all luck would be tempered a bit more than it is now if every mob was at least 1pt.

I guess the difference between the "lucky" one and the "unlucky" one would be the same.
Even if you add 1 point for each kill, if they both kill 5000 mobs, one get 2x5K points, if the second don't get any 5K points, then the difference would still be about 10K points.

I think it have to be about probabilities, this is how it works now, and we don't know probabilities for each amount of points.
Obviously the probability to get low amount of point (1,5,etc..) is higher.
The bigger the amount of point is, the lower the probabilty.
And lowest probability goes for 5K points for sure.

This is ok.
But maybe the 5K is too big compared to the previous one (1K).

Only MA knows.. :)

Last edited:
Submitted support case.
Was answered that this is an error and results will be adjusted.

That's what I thought, thanks for clarifying!

But what your saying is not true.
Looting instances are based on gear and investment. Think of same avi with same gun and same armor and same skills but one has aries L and the other has Xmas ring or Aries augmented or what ever, the second will loot way more mobs over a 15 hr period than the first. Now think about better gun, better amp, better armor so maybe no healing time, the lucky factor starts to drop as gear is increased.
Sure one avi using lowest gear for that cat could hit 3 5k and win it all but the impact of over all luck would be tempered a bit more than it is now if every mob was at least 1pt.

My english is not so good, but I'll try anyway.. :)

That's right, it is now based on Gear/DPS AND "luck" (randomness).
And that's right, the one whith more DPS or better gear will have more chance to get more points.
Because as I said it's "probabilities", and so the more mobs he kills the more chances he has to get more points.

This system is very close to be perfect IMO. (at least it's now alot better than before point system was added and mayhem was 100% gear/DPS)

Maybe the "1 point for every mob minimum" could help a bit, but only if they remove the 5K. (or change it for a 2K maybe)

If one guy get a 5K, the one that will not get any will have to kill 5000 mobs more, and that is a huge amount compared whith total kills during the 15H I think.
I think 5000 more mobs to kill is almost impossible considering all top 10 players have probably about the same DPS that is very close to the max possible (base DPS allowed + every possible buff)
Or he will have to cross fingers and whish for 5 x 1K ? Probabilities are probably very low for this also, even maybe lower than to get only 1 x 5K whith same amount of kills.
And this is when the "lucky" guy get only 1 x 5K, let you imagine how it is when he get 2 or 3... 10.000 kills more ? 15. 000 ?!

So that's why I think 5K is maybe to much.

But again, it's in MA's hand... :)

the 5k is simply too much. More so in a 15hr event. I think solo had the highest score at 30k or so. My guess is he got 2 5k. Regardless, 1 5k pointer is equal to 15% of his score. I think that is way to high. Or another way to look at it is 30k over 15 hrs is 2k pts an hr. 1 5k pt is worth 2 1/2 hrs of shooting. I think it should equate to somewhere around 1hr to 1 1/2 hrs.

A 2k pt instead of 5k seems more like what we should be after.

This would still give ppl that are part timing the instance a chance to win.

I’m not sure where the balance lies, but I feel 5k is too much. Can only offer my thoughts like everyone else.

I have near high dps t8 gun for my cat so lots of amps. I got boss every 30 min btw. also used pills and easter eggs and ares mod and armor that I only needed HoT to keep alive. I did 2 runs as my play time was limited due yo school being in session. First run I got 4 X 250 and 3 X 500, second run was 2 X 250 and nothing else. last I looked I was 17'th or 18'th...... luck has more to do with placement than skill/gear/pills...

I think it's good how it is. I think everyone or nearly everyone in cat 10 top 10 got at least one 5k and Solo apparently got 2. It sucks if you are an unlucky one this time but next time it may be the reverse. And if you have "bad luck" it is possible to make up for it by pounding the 15 hours multiple times (if you can).

Going back to a mostly dps event system will just discourage participation.

Wouldn't it be fair to be issued standard gears for events like this.
Everyone will get a chance on the top prizes as long as they have the qualifying skills for their category.
The points looted can also be based on certain skills of the avatar cap at a level.

Wouldn't it be fair to be issued standard gears for events like this.
Everyone will get a chance on the top prizes as long as they have the qualifying skills for their category.
The points looted can also be based on certain skills of the avatar cap at a level.

That would kill the game. Having the top gear for your category is a huge driving force both for getting and grinding UL weapons to tier them (which gives a ton of MU to other players for Opals, Tier components and all other ingredients needed), and keeps top tier players cycling ped. Same goes for L weapons, the MU on which skyrockets during events, L amps for everyone, pills, rings, armor both L and UL etc. Everyone is investing in order to have a relative advantage, take that out and you suddenly don't have a reason to invest on your avatar any more. Oh, and the prizes will be worth jack excrement since the people who would get them to use in events will just stay with whatever gear they have.

If you want an event with the same gear, look at what happened to the Combat Simulator. One player constantly came first week after week, and there was no real competition. And apparently it is now offline, maybe it will return with tomorrow's update.

I think it's good how it is. I think everyone or nearly everyone in cat 10 top 10 got at least one 5k and Solo apparently got 2. It sucks if you are an unlucky one this time but next time it may be the reverse. And if you have "bad luck" it is possible to make up for it by pounding the 15 hours multiple times (if you can).

Going back to a mostly dps event system will just discourage participation.

Indeed, that's not what I want either.

I think this instance is now about 60% luck 40% gear/dps.
To only change the 5K for a 2K could adjust it to be closer to 50/50.
Or not.. :)

That would kill the game. Having the top gear for your category is a huge driving force both for getting and grinding UL weapons to tier them (which gives a ton of MU to other players for Opals, Tier components and all other ingredients needed), and keeps top tier players cycling ped. Same goes for L weapons, the MU on which skyrockets during events, L amps for everyone, pills, rings, armor both L and UL etc. Everyone is investing in order to have a relative advantage, take that out and you suddenly don't have a reason to invest on your avatar any more. Oh, and the prizes will be worth jack excrement since the people who would get them to use in events will just stay with whatever gear they have.

If you want an event with the same gear, look at what happened to the Combat Simulator. One player constantly came first week after week, and there was no real competition. And apparently it is now offline, maybe it will return with tomorrow's update.

Events should be icing on cake and uber gears always been valued for affecting bottomline on daily grind. The days before events were times that many missed. If this is skill based game, skill should have more effect than gears. The DPS race affecting weapon price is mainly driven by events and artificially inflated by players. Why would tiering a high eff weapon cost more then? you could replicate dps by having a team in normal hunt but not the eff.

Simulator is not a true reflection of general EU as that requires only good connection and practices.

Events should be icing on cake and uber gears always been valued for affecting bottomline on daily grind.

No argument on how things should be. Very different though from the way things are, were the chances to get a good item outside an event are steadily diminishing over the years.

days before events were times that many missed. If this is skill based game, skill should have more effect than gears.

It is a skill based game - skill allows you to use better gear or hunt more efficiently with higher evade/dodge etc. And the only reason people have these days to skill up instead of down (where they have the relative advantage of better supporting skills in their category, hence an added edge against the competition) seems to be the ability to use those guns in events. Look at Rufus and try to calculate how much ped he is gone through grinding (and at the beginning buying skills) to max the BC-120 FEN. He does it to get an advantage and I am pretty sure MA is happy with that.

DPS race affecting weapon price is mainly driven by events and artificially inflated by players.

You are actually agreeing with my point then? That MU would crash on a ton of items? That is not good for player retention when you see your investment's value evaporating.

Why would tiering a high eff weapon cost more then? you could replicate dps by having a team in normal hunt but not the eff.

Simulator is not a true reflection of general EU as that requires only good connection and practices.

That is exactly what would happen and be needed if everyone and their aunt used the same equipment in events. A ton of practice - that people already do in order to be more efficient kill point wise - and a good connection since every lag spike would make a difference.

MA is in a bind, since they do need to find a formula that will give an advantage to the high rollers, make them feel like investing in top gear is worth it for the potential returns, but not make it as big that it would rob all non high rollers from a chance to win if they get those elusive 5K's. It is an almost impossible thing to balance the needs of two vastly different player bases, and to my shock and awe MindArk seem to have actually managed to come as close as humanly possible.

Will I ever win an event? Really doubt that will ever happen, since it would need a very big investment from my side in gear that I do not feel i can justify for the potential returns. So I play at the level my ped card feels comfortable with and find ways to enjoy the game. After all, you never know, I might actually get lucky and loot a 5K'er or two in the next event.

Back