What happens with new users?

Txuri

Provider
Society
WISDOM SONS
Gran Txuri Txuri
Hi, im building a new group and im taking my Friends and disciples to www.planetcalypsoforum.com, but all of they doesn't have enougth privileges to do nothing, seems they needs some kind of validation.

Some of they has 5 days waiting for this validation. Any news about that?

Tyhanks.

Hi, im building a new group and im taking my Friends and disciples to www.planetcalypsoforum.com, but all of they doesn't have enougth privileges to do nothing, seems they needs some kind of validation.

Tyhanks.

My guess... typical MA blanket movement to combat forum spam lol. All new accounts probably need to be manually approved by admin.

Tyhanks.

Hey my validation was from 17th Oct to 9th Nov... thats not really 5 days :D

That's crazy! Everyone should have access within a day imo.

Hey my validation was from 17th Oct to 9th Nov... thats not really 5 days :D

really? I got acces in 30 minutes on 2016.

if the validation Will take 3 months we Will go to other fórum for sure! omfg.

is this surrealism?

My validation here took less than 2 weeks only.
Probably cause I asked a friend to PM a moderator... :tapfinger

I also waited a few weeks until the activation

The reason for the time delay is to avoid bot accounts and spammers , which we have had in the past assaulting our precious forum.

This might not be the most satisfying answer , but I believe it is the most accurate.

The reason for the time delay is to avoid bot accounts and spammers , which we have had in the past assaulting our precious forum.

This might not be the most satisfying answer , but I believe it is the most accurate.

CAPTCHA system is an inverted Turing test that solves all issues with bots. and its a very easy and simple to implement.

While new MA CEO is talking about more interaction with players and feedback, the newcomers have to wait for weeks to join the forum without an explanation about why nobody give him the necessary privileges to do nothing.

How can I ask a new player who wants to join my society that they first must register in the forum to read the society rules and scheduled events and wait an "indeterminate" time until an administrator aproves they membership?

Seems the real answer is there isn't any admin taking care of forum for weeks...
And this can be easy translated on: There is anybody taking care of players...

Its just my point of view, and I really wish that I am wrong.

Anyway thanks to all for your anwers.

While new MA CEO is talking about more interaction with players and feedback, the newcomers have to wait for weeks to join the forum without an explanation about why nobody give him the necessary privileges to do nothing.

This forum is not owned by MA...

PlanetCalypsoForum.com Privacy Policy

2018-05-25

General
MindArk PE Aktiebolag (publ) (”we” or “MindArk” or "PlanetCalypsoForum.com") cares about your privacy. Therefore, we always strive to protect your personal data in the best possible way and to comply with all applicable laws and regulations for the protection of personal data. In this policy, we want to inform you about how we collect and process your personal data.

This policy applies to any personal data we process when you create an account, access and/or visit PlanetCalypsoForum.com.

Who can gain access to your personal data?
As a starting point, your data will only be processed by MindArk and relevant companies in the MindArk group.
As I understand planetcalypsoforum is part of MA group, anyway I wont say that on my post, just asking how its possible a new player have to wait for weeks to be able to enter on the fórum wich is used by MA to comunícate with players...

As far I remember it is owned by MA, as they bought it from 711 but kept 711 as operator.

Maybe I am wrong or it has changed hands again, then I missed that part.

As far I remember it is owned by MA, as they bought it from 711 but kept 711 as operator.

Maybe I am wrong or it has changed hands again, then I missed that part.

Domain Name: planetcalypsoforum.com
Registrant Organization: Planet Calypso AB
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Country: SE
Name Server: NS1.MINDARK.COM
Name Server: NS2.MINDARK.COM
Name Server: NS3.MINDARK.COM
Name Server: NS4.MINDARK.COM

You appear to be correct, as Planet Calypso AB is a subsidiary of Mindark PE AB. :)

I have approved all of the pending new user registrations.

I will experiment with temporarily disabling the automated new user moderation for a bit.
Hopefully we will not get a massive influx of spambots again as has happened in the past.

I have approved all of the pending new user registrations.

I will experiment with temporarily disabling the automated new user moderation for a bit.
Hopefully we will not get a massive influx of spambots again as has happened in the past.

And the bots are back!
I volenteer to be official new member approval guy :D

well, my wife Simone Bastet, is waiting 2 days for validation.... really? i remember my validation in the same day, but i see now is different.... :( :mad:

Sorry double post, didn´t notice it is a necro :D

Had to wait for a month but I'm here, thanks!

Back