Help: Login is not working properly (please, fix it)

Status

Angel O2 Mercer

Marauder
Society
Rangers
Angel O2 Mercer
Something is very wrong with the login procedure. Besides the weird 30+ seconds on the loading screen, this is what usually happens to me:

1. Log in
  2. Instant crash
  3. Open the game again
  4. Log in
  5. "Your avatar is already logged on" (several times)
  6. Log in
  7. All fine for 1-2 minutes
  8. Crash again
  9. Log in
  10. "Your avatar is already logged on"
  11. Play other games

I can log in successfully if I really want to, seems to be random because yesterday worked on my first try but today was pretty painful.

Every other game works perfect, my internet works perfect and so does my computer. This started two VUs ago when you screwed something in the login process.

Please look into it and fix it.

Sry to read of those problems....but have to say ...didnt have a login prob since weeks (but since last or update before ..the login takes way longer now...but ok)

if other ppl also dont have this problems..maybe its then a setting from your side (antivirus,settings in client loader..etc)

Only the login screen is taking a bit longer for me, rest is working fine.

Same exact as OP. I updated all comp drivers (especially video card) and it now seems stable, though the screen after pw/code is taking 30 to 60 seconds.

Maybe it's same thing that happens to me for a long time now, and if so, it looks random but it's not...

I know it looks weird, but it's linked to some specific avatars.
If they enter my radar range, green dot, instant crash.

If I login where there is one of them, instant crash.
If I wait some time (up to few hours) and relog at same place, then the guy leaved and all is fine, that's why it looks random.

Here's the thread I made month ago:
https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forums/showthread.php?303555-Weird-Crashes&p=3639779#post3639779

So next time it happens to you, you should maybe try this:

Leave the place as fast as possible.
You have about 2 seconds to do it.. :yup:

Better way is to use "T", so login, press T immediately when you are ingame, crash :wtg:, wait 2 minutes, relog.

But this works only if the nearest revival is not close to you.

Unfortunatly it will not work if you are close to a revival (in radar range).
When it happens to me at Fort Fury for example.

So if you are close to a TP, juste use it right after you login, click any other place on TP there (again you will have about 2 seconds to do it before crash).
You will probably crash anyway, but if you manage to use TP quick, the TPing will execute after the crash.
Then wait 2 minutes (the "Your avatar is already logged on" is normal since it stay ingame for 1 minute after a crash), and login again.
Your avatar should be at the place you TPed and it should be fine.

I don't know if you are experiencing the same thing as me, but I wish for you it's not..
Cause it's extremely annoying.. :mad:

About what I describe, I repeat it looks weird, but whithout a shadow of a doubt it is really linked to some specific avatars..
It happens for more than 1.5 year, so I had time to test everything..
I'm 200% sure of it, even if the only answer I've got from MA is something like:
"What you described is not possible".. :rolleyes:

It happened again few days ago south of Ashi PvP Zone, I was there mining alone for long time, no problem.
Suddenly a green dot appeared on my radar, instant crash.
Relog, crash, relog crash..etc..
I managed to go a bit far away, no more green dot, all was fine, no crash anymore.
Just to be sure, few minutes later I went back where was the avatar (the guy was AFK), at the very second it appeared on my radar, instant crash. :yup:

So if you try it next time, please let me know here.
If I'm not the only one, I would realy like to know.
And it could help to first know that it's not on our side. :wise:

Thanks.

Last edited:
Just asking...

Are you using the 64-bit client? If so, try switching it to the 32-bit one.

I find it to be more "stable" I guess. Perhaps it might work for you too?

Status
Back