Audited Calypso Land Deeds Revenue 2017

where's the audit results for compets?

https://web.archive.org/web/20150801115048/https://competgame.com/
Deed holders will receive 30% of the gross ComPet revenue. In addition, the ComPet affiliate program will enable users to recruit their friends and earn a 15% share of their recruited users’ activity. The remaining 70% (or 55% in the case of an affiliate-referred user) of revenue will go toward marketing, operation and support for the ComPet App. In conjunction with MindArk’s accountants, Price Waterhouse Coopers (PWC), the ComPet App accounts will be available for inspection and published on the Entropia Universe website.

Last edited:
USDSEK rate looks weird. In Nov 2017 it was nowhere near 9.39 (high 8.5284 low 8.2706).

One could arrive at that figure by locking in a bad forward contract in late 2016, of course.

Wow the decline in their profits since 2012 are pretty significant. Practically half now... even considering the bit extra they must get from other planets this paints a pretty good picture of the state of the universe so to speak hope 2018 showed some improvement. :S

I wonder if the change of the Mayhem events to Global events have anything to do with less payout to CLD owners.

I think they used to be Calypso only events, when you needed to go to a Calypso NPC to get into the instance.
Now that they are Global Events, I would risk to say that this kind of events stopped generating income to CLD owners.

I wonder if the change of the Mayhem events to Global events have anything to do with less payout to CLD owners.

I think they used to be Calypso only events, when you needed to go to a Calypso NPC to get into the instance.
Now that they are Global Events, I would risk to say that this kind of events stopped generating income to CLD owners.

Interesting point....

To take it a step further - I'm wondering if they are trying to find ways to funnel their profits through other means beyond Calypso.

At this point CLD have been out for a long time and have definitely transitioned from being interest-free upfront cash/profit for their business to a burdensome monthly expense that they have no way to get out from under short of closing down calypso and/or going bankrupt. I mean, 50% of profit is a HUGE cut for investors and a HUGE hindrance to company growth. That's 50% less operating capital that can be re-invested in the platform, used to get over rough patches in earnings...etc. Though I suppose one would also have to ask how many CLD holders are actually pulling the money out VS just pushing it into their playing bankroll.

Those "audited" profit numbers are great but I'd love to see more details such as audited Calypso expense reports and the total cycled peds on calypso during that time. I mean one has to ask why is there less profit year over year? Is it simply due to less player activity in EU? Are more people going to other planets? Or is it because their expenses have gone up? Or is there some other reason?

Considering that not only do they need to pay taxes on their profits but also they need to pay 50% of profits out to investors through CLD there's decent motivation for a crafty accounting department to manipulate things in such a way that it appears profits were less than they actually were using legitimate methods. Not saying they are fudging their books or anything. But they may be doing things stategically in their business in such way that calypso is designed to take the brunt of the expenses on paper

Last edited:

CLDs pay about the same over the past Halloween events (year, first week, second week):

2018 3.43+4.77
2017 2.84+2.87
2016 3.74+4.20
2015 4.00+4.84
2014 3.61+4.34

The global instances are technically located in space so still fully belong to MA's grounds. They might have missed out a bit due to people not being stuck on Caly for the whole duration of the event, but on the other hand it opened the instances to many less hardcore players who otherwise wouldn't bother to fly to Calypso for that, so it evens out in the end.

CLDs pay about the same over the past Halloween events (year, first week, second week):

2018 3.43+4.77
2017 2.84+2.87
2016 3.74+4.20
2015 4.00+4.84
2014 3.61+4.34

The global instances are technically located in space so still fully belong to MA's grounds. They might have missed out a bit due to people not being stuck on Caly for the whole duration of the event, but on the other hand it opened the instances to many less hardcore players who otherwise wouldn't bother to fly to Calypso for that, so it evens out in the end.

Ty Svarog for data.

My suspect was wrong than, I take out what I've wrote.
In away good to see that the change to global events didn't had an hidden impact on CLD revenue.

Back