Suggestion: Allow multiple armor slots for new AP armor plates

LuisArkadov

Old Alpha
Society
Guess Who
Chenghis LuisArkadov Pandoran
I tried to think of a way where these new armor plates, ap-XX series, could be useful to me.

However in their current form they somehow can't really compete with the traditional UL plates (5b, 6a etc).

They only cover 1 dmg type where most UL plates cover 2. They are limited & they come at MU.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow armor to have 2 or even 3 of those new plates attached? Put the C S I +45 into your adjusted pixie and you're pretty well protected against big mobs?!

As things stand there doesn't really seem to be much of a market for these new plates. At least that is outside the 30 and 45 pts protection range.

Possible slight downside to allowing this might be the impact on high end armor MU. Not sure if & how much it might drive prizes down for things like Mayhem, Supremacy etc. Can't really see it being to massive.

Thoughts?

I tried to think of a way where these new armor plates, ap-XX series, could be useful to me.

However in their current form they somehow can't really compete with the traditional UL plates (5b, 6a etc).

They only cover 1 dmg type where most UL plates cover 2. They are limited & they come at MU.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to allow armor to have 2 or even 3 of those new plates attached? Put the C S I +45 into your adjusted pixie and you're pretty well protected against big mobs?!

As things stand there doesn't really seem to be much of a market for these new plates. At least that is outside the 30 and 45 pts protection range.

Possible slight downside to allowing this might be the impact on high end armor MU. Not sure if & how much it might drive prizes down for things like Mayhem, Supremacy etc. Can't really see it being to massive.

Thoughts?

I don't think the new plates are designed to be used in Adjusted Pixie.
There are plenty of armor sets which have significant protection for some specific damage types, while lacking in others. This is the gap I believe these armor plates are here to fill - not to be stacked to convert pixie into Supremacy.

Reactions: das

maybe not to you. I'm currently hunting L27 demon hackers with cheap a$$ armor + AP-24 electric (L), decent enough to reduce their damage to 5-10 damage and from what i've seen, none of the UL armor plating mark.whatever has 'decent' electric protection.

their advantage is you don't have to repair them to get full protection , so they don't constantly bind a "lot" of ped.
The peds you have to put into repairs on UL plates are going to be missing in the next hunt, which can become a problem if you had a few or even a lot of bad hunts in a row.

So both types have their advantage and disadvantage.

Last edited:
maybe not to you. I'm currently hunting L27 demon hackers with cheap a$$ armor + AP-24 electric (L), decent enough to reduce their damage to 5-10 damage and from what i've seen, none of the UL armor plating mark.whatever has 'decent' electric protection.

their advantage is you don't have to repair them to get full protection , so they don't constantly bind a "lot" of ped.
The peds you have to put into repairs on UL plates are going to be missing in the next hunt, which can become a problem if you had a few or even a lot of bad hunts in a row.

So both types have their advantage and disadvantage.

there's 6b plates..
the peds you put into an L set you can use to repair your UL plates

there's 6b plates..
the peds you put into an L set you can use to repair your UL plates

6b has only 12 electric protection....
using UL set, which can be low tt as it doesn't matter for protection, with AP-24.
Anyway if you use L armor with UL plates, then you still need to pay MU for the L armor.

In the end it may even out ^^

Thunderbird armor has decent electric protection, and in L its artifitally TT food, who needs plates?

Attach 6b plates and get it up to 62 electric protection

Thats a Nobrainer, isn´t it.

Repair UL plates or buy new L plates, where is the difference, both have to be paid.
L is even worse, as you have to pay MU, what don´t have at UL plates.

Thunderbird armor has decent electric protection, and in L its artifitally TT food, who needs plates?

Attach 6b plates and get it up to 62 electric protection

6b offers too little protection, thunderbird is overprotecting. So with thunderbird would paying for protection which isn't necessary, which also means higher killcosts, which means further away from 'optimal loot', which means worse loot composition.
So i'll pass on thunderbird for demon hackers.

Oh, and thunderbird up to 730 PED bound to it vs. 168 PED max bound to AP-24 set....

Repair UL plates or buy new L plates, where is the difference, both have to be paid.
L is even worse, as you have to pay MU, what don´t have at UL plates.

Ofc I'll need to make new L plates, but it takes very long untill i have too :D

after 16,7k turnover with 2 uber hofs the armor plates are at 81,06/168 PED, with a little luck there will be another 2 uber hofs before i got make a new set of plates.
Granted, mostly team hunt where the teammate with way higher evading mainly does the tanking, but still, so far it's working out quite nicely with AP-24 electric and i suppose i'll even use them for solo when i have way higher evading and maybe about twice the current DPS.

Last edited:
6b offers too little protection, thunderbird is overprotecting. So with thunderbird would paying for protection which isn't necessary, which also means higher killcosts, which means further away from 'optimal loot', which means worse loot composition.
So i'll pass on thunderbird for demon hackers.

Oh, and thunderbird up to 730 PED bound to it vs. 168 PED max bound to AP-24 set....

Aurora L - 11 electric + 6b = 23 electric should perfectly fit.
Zombie L - 10 electric + 6b = 22 electric

6b UL repairable no MU, Aurora artifically TT food last part I sold went for 103%
Aurora Full Set TT = 391 PED
Zombi Full Set TT = 305 PED

Beside that, the classic Ghost UL has 11 Electric, too

Not to hard to find fitting sets :)

Sounds like you´re just to lazy to use entropiawiki to find fitting sets

From economical point of view I would look for Aurora L + 4D L, as this is best durability combo.

But I am lazy, so I very likely would use my Gremlin + 6b plates, as I already have that all UL
Only 14 protection just FAP a little more, as my FAP is super eco!

Aurora L - 11 electric + 6b = 23 electric should perfectly fit.
Zombie L - 10 electric + 6b = 22 electric

6b UL repairable no MU, Aurora artifically TT food last part I sold went for 103%
Aurora Full Set TT = 391 PED
Zombi Full Set TT = 305 PED

Beside that, the classic Ghost UL has 11 Electric, too

Not to hard to find fitting sets :)

Sounds like you´re just to lazy to use entropiawiki to find fitting sets

From economical point of view I would look for Aurora L + 4D L, as this is best durability combo.

But I am lazy, so I very likely would use my Gremlin + 6b plates, as I already have that all UL
Only 14 protection just FAP a little more, as my FAP is super eco!

Demon hackers are 33% stab and 66% electric, sorry for forgetting to mention that, so aurora L/zombie L on it's own would be enough.

Do you know if armor vs. mob in wiki is up-to-date?
For Demon hacker, set to average damage, it shows the following decay values:
Cheap A$$ + AP-24 Electric (L) - 0.787 pec - 24 protection
Aurora (L) - 0.852 pec - 23 protection
Zombie (L) - 0.81 pec - 20 protection
Hermes (L) + 6B - 2.297 pec - 24 protection (12 stab/12 electric)
Imperium Vet (L) - 1.07 pec - 20 protection
Sema (L) + 6b - 1.267 pec - 21 protection (9 stab/12 electric)

Edit: 6b has only 1750 durability, AP-24 electric (L) has 11500

Last edited:
I do think the real solution here is to upgrade your armor....

Personally, I find these new plates very nice and gives me the ability to increase targeted types of protection that my armor lacks against.

I want to see people desire to improve their armor and upgrade from armor such as Adj Pixi, while amazing armor it's not meant to be used to tackle end game mobs. I feel like this type of adjustment would further decrease people desire to upgrade their equipment.

Demon hackers are 33% stab and 66% electric, sorry for forgetting to mention that, so aurora L/zombie L on it's own would be enough.

Do you know if armor vs. mob in wiki is up-to-date?
For Demon hacker, set to average damage, it shows the following decay values:
Cheap A$$ + AP-24 Electric (L) - 0.787 pec - 24 protection
Aurora (L) - 0.852 pec - 23 protection
Zombie (L) - 0.81 pec - 20 protection
Hermes (L) + 6B - 2.297 pec - 24 protection (12 stab/12 electric)
Imperium Vet (L) - 1.07 pec - 20 protection
Sema (L) + 6b - 1.267 pec - 21 protection (9 stab/12 electric)

Edit: 6b has only 1750 durability, AP-24 electric (L) has 11500

The numbers seem to be right.

The higher costs from Aurora come form higher protection in stab vs your cheap a$$, so it has an better overall protection vs the demon hackers, but therefor a higher total protection cost, although it has better durability than the plates.

If you look at 6b plates, maybe use it together with Hunter, then you get to 1.010 with 21 protection (9 stab + 12 elec), still less efficent, but taking the full stab dmg and only protect vs electric is hard to beat eco.

Its often better to take 1 DMG type full and only protect vs higher part of DMG if mobs do multiple DMG types.

I can see Azzah running around the marker in tier 8-10 Hermes with AP-42 electric, cut, pen, burn, cold, and shrap plates, never dropping below 60%

I could see them doing this but they'd have to implement a maximum use to keep the game balanced, in the same way they do with weapons eg, maximum protection from plates cannot exceed the protection from armour.

I could see them doing this but they'd have to implement a maximum use to keep the game balanced, in the same way they do with weapons eg, maximum protection from plates cannot exceed the protection from armour.

That could actually be really useful. It would increase armor versatility while still encouraging players to upgrade.
How would you propose such protection maximums be implemented?
Example; If all the protections of my armor are combined to equal 200, does that mean I can have up to +200 protection added to it by plates, regardless of damage type?

That could actually be really useful. It would increase armor versatility while still encouraging players to upgrade.
How would you propose such protection maximums be implemented?
Example; If all the protections of my armor are combined to equal 200, does that mean I can have up to +200 protection added to it by plates, regardless of damage type?

It would be up to MA to figure out the exact amounts but I think it would have to be based on total armour protection (either 50% or 100% seems obvious choice) as doing it with individual protection types would limit things too much (AP-42 shrapnel wouldn't be able to be used at all).

I'd also say multiple plates could only be of the single protection type and only 1 of each. Being able to put 5b & 6b on at the same time seems a bit much to me, as does using 5b & AP-42 IMPACT, and using 2x AP-42 IMPACT on an armour piece also seems unbalanced

It would be up to MA to figure out the exact amounts but I think it would have to be based on total armour protection (either 50% or 100% seems obvious choice) as doing it with individual protection types would limit things too much (AP-42 shrapnel wouldn't be able to be used at all).

I'd also say multiple plates could only be of the single protection type and only 1 of each. Being able to put 5b & 6b on at the same time seems a bit much to me, as does using 5b & AP-42 IMPACT, and using 2x AP-42 IMPACT on an armour piece also seems unbalanced

And then let armor have have "armor plating" & "armor attachment" slot , categorize all UL plates as "armor plating" and all L plates as "armor attachment"

that would prevent 2x AP-42 and assure both the UL and L plates have value.

Dont like the idea!

...and the same VU MA will 'rebalance' all mobs, bringing back them always doing full damage and multiplying it by 2 to keep things 'dynamic'.

If there is one thing MA has shown its that when they listen, and they do, it becomes a 'watch what you wish for' situation with the consequences way overshadowing the imagined benefits.

Back