Global not counted in EL.

eragon

Alpha
COWlifornia, In your closet trying on your Undies!
Society
Natural Born Killers
orik eragon knurla
Hi, I was wondering if anyone else experienced a global not being counted? This happened on the 16th. I haven't globaled since then to be able to tell if it's a constant problem.

This affects my ability to participate in the Khorum Coast event :)

Hi since its on Ark I think there weren't enough ppl with EL.
You need 3 active accounts or so on planet to record it on EL.
GL Electra.

Edit. Since you have screen you should be ok in event - just send it to organizator.

95% of my globals are not being counted, it's a every day experience of anybody hunting on planets like Toulan/NI/Cyrene. It means at the time of your global there was not enough ppl online running EL tracker - very unlikely on Arkadia but pretty standard on some planets.

You need at least three (3) Entropia tracker clients to track and verify any global at specific planet. Since HoF it's universal that isn't necessary.

The official answer is "not enough people running the tracker", and it's a gross lie.

The real answer is the whole thing is glitched, and no one gives a damn.

Right now, the "Online Timer" tells me I've been on Arkadia for "00 hours 05 minutes" in the last 30 days. In fact, I haven't been on Ark for 1.5 years.

Two "most popular mobs on Arkadia" right now are... Drone and Daikiba. It was been reported 2.5 years ago, Meculus said they'll "have this corrected shortly", and... nothing else happened.

These two issues are likely interconnected - the tracker uses mobs to tell which planet it's being run on, and if mobs are misclassified, it gets the planet wrong.

The official answer is "not enough people running the tracker", and it's a gross lie.

The real answer is the whole thing is glitched, and no one gives a damn.

Right now, the "Online Timer" tells me I've been on Arkadia for "00 hours 05 minutes" in the last 30 days. In fact, I haven't been on Ark for 1.5 years.

Two "most popular mobs on Arkadia" right now are... Drone and Daikiba. It was been reported 2.5 years ago, Meculus said they'll "have this corrected shortly", and... nothing else happened.

These two issues are likely interconnected - the tracker uses mobs to tell which planet it's being run on, and if mobs are misclassified, it gets the planet wrong.

1. Pretty sure it's HoF's that glitch it out since they appear everywhere. When there is an Ark hof and you're on Caly the system thinks you must have been on Ark to see that global. But the mob thing you mention could also be a cause.

2. Yes Entropia life is bugged and really just a true testament to what Entropy means. Back when it was in active development it was good with loads of potential. But now it's owned as an investment by several people that don't know how to code. (At least not well enough to accomplish anything beyond adding mobs) and the system is gradually decaying due to lack of innovation or even motivation to complete partial systems.... much like Entropia itself but I digress.

Many new mobs go a long time before having to manually being added, the time tracking is bugged, the hunting tracker is busted due to their lack of changing the URL for entropiawiki, support tickets can go unanswered for weeks (my last ticket has been "Case in progress" since Oct 14th, 2018), they no longer honor their statement that running 20 hours of EL will grant you access to all EL features, the whole soc system is busted, the addon app system is a joke, there's been no improvements in the way you can analyze the data, they refuse to offer any sort of API access (missed opportunity for profit much???)...and on and on it goes.

It's not that "no one gives a damn." it's that the people that own/run the site don't give a dam. There was a time they had posted they were looking for developer help. I contacted them about it and they had a list of tons of stuff they wanted to improve. Some great ideas that I recall would have been about 200 man hours of coding to complete which they were willing to pay exactly $0 to get it done. They just expected devs to crawl out of the woodwork to work for them for free so their site could make them more money lol Of course you can see how well THAT plan worked lol

And I say all this not to put them down but to perhaps give them a nudge to once again take pride in the site and invest in it. They can see the potential but up till now have been unwilling to invest the needed money to realize that potential IMO. EL and Entropia both have such squandered potential.

In any case... currently it's the only system we've got so what can we do? I'd build a competing site but frankly I've got more profitable projects to work on lol

For the balance, I'm going to admit that parts of EL pertaining to tracking HoFs work rather well, for obvious reasons.

Thanks for the replies. I found the support section of EL. Maybe they can help :)
-Missed Globals-
"If the global has occured within the last 24 hours, there is a chance we can manually add it to the website. Please submit a support case with name of mob/mineral/item, the value of the global, and the time (approx.) of the global. If you are running the Entropia Tracker Client there is a greater chance we can add the global.

If this did not answer your question, please submit a support case below.
- Entropia Life Support"

I'm hopeful :p

Solution:

Have at least 2 friends at the planet you are actually at, and ask them to run the EL client befor you start hunting for events, and run it yourself, too.
That way you should have 3 active EL clients running and all globals at that planet get recorded.

I know it can be difficult for several reasons, but worth a try.

The more friends you have the easyer it gets to have enough EL clients running.

The client is free to download and dont need much resources, beside that it has some nice additional features that you may like to use or not :)

Have at least 2 friends at the planet you are actually at, and ask them to run the EL client befor you start hunting for events, and run it yourself, too.
That way you should have 3 active EL clients running and all globals at that planet get recorded.

It's not that simple. I'm on Toulan, I always run the tracker, here also (at least) 2 other guys I know who run the tracker, the EL site permanently says "Planet Toulan: 0".

It's not that simple. I'm on Toulan, I always run the tracker, here also (at least) 2 other guys I know who run the tracker, the EL site permanently says "Planet Toulan: 0".

Same issue here, my EL tracker started to crush when I moved from win 7 to win 10. Worked fine on win 7 and now I can't never be sure if it works or crushed :(

Nice excuse NOOBS, just go back to sweating since your EL profiles don't show you hunting mobs. You should not be commenting on any hunting posts since you haven't been shooting anything except punys and low level mobs! :mad:

***Disclaimer (Since this is usually required nowadays) ****
This post is entirely satirical :silly2:

Thanks for the replies. I found the support section of EL. Maybe they can help :)
-Missed Globals-
"If the global has occured within the last 24 hours, there is a chance we can manually add it to the website. Please submit a support case with name of mob/mineral/item, the value of the global, and the time (approx.) of the global. If you are running the Entropia Tracker Client there is a greater chance we can add the global.

If this did not answer your question, please submit a support case below.
- Entropia Life Support"

I'm hopeful :p

I used this service when I was in an event and lost a couple globals critical for my ranking. I Sended screenshots with my globals and the awesome guy fixed it. But you can't do that for daily globals and for me that's about 1/3 of my total :) Well no worries, I don't care anymore, I'm RT thinking now and for long! (in thai they call it "Sabai Sabai")! lol

I once read somewhere, at sometime, that Planet Toulan does not want their globals recorded at EL... FWIW

Back